THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, chrislocho said:

Thanks for the info guys, mostly set up with the two loadouts. One long and one short. Gotta be ready for all scenarios !!

Hearing talk about the angry gun nozzle I might give that a try. The dmr is running 1.3J at 0.28g. Both with Dave's brass nub installed.

20191019_163141.jpg

What bipod is that? I’ve been trying to find an m-lok bipod for mine but don’t like any of the three options that I seem to have found.

I’m fairly new to the MWS world but slowly finding my feet. 

Yesterday I saw a YouTube video of the TAG Innovations stand at AirsoftCon 2019 in California.   TAG are releasing a new lower receiver which allows an HPA in to the MWS and also allows the use of regular AEG mags.  All whilst keeping the standard layout upper and bolt etc.  

in addition the lower also has an hpa take off for their own ML36 under barrel Grenade launcher.  

just wondering if anybody knew anymore about this proposed system at all?  I’ve not been able to find much info elsewhere at present. 

thanks. 

Just seen that video... hopefully it flops. Speedsofters shouldn’t have the option of running the mighty mws. It’s not even about consistency, it’s just about stupid round counts. 

16 hours ago, Wo1f said:

@chrislocho if you’re after more range with the dmr I’d consider heavier BB’s

I only recently got back into airsoft. Outdoor games start next month. Do you have any recommendations on good bb brands? 

I only have 0.2g glow for my indoor games right now haha.

Any updates on the angry gun nozzle? I'm currently using a guns modify enhanced nozzle and it seems to not seal well when pulling the charging handle. Might change to the angry gun one if it is able to hold a constant fps.

Cheers :)

@chrislocho my go to BB’s are Geoff’s. they seem to be the best all round and I’ve never had an issue with them. 

If your gun is standard it can probably only hop a .28 anyway so I’d aim for that. If it’s had the hop nub changed to something like a brass SixG nub then .32. 

For DMR’s (power level dependant) .32-.48. I ran some .46 in mine for a game yesterday and it ran flawlessly.

not enough time with the nozzle to give any worthwhile advice. Seems to work well though. 

Update: took my MWS to a skirmish today running the Angry Gun nozzle.

Outcome: my MWS went down for the first time since I’ve owned it...

In short; the little grub screw that twists to adjust the gap worked itself loose and fell out. I assume this is what caused the nozzle to then jam forward (though I’m not sure why that’s the case). Gun would fire, no BB would come out and it sounded more like an instant hiss than a snap. Had to split the body open to get the nozzle to pull back.

Will get it home later and inspect further, but definitely something to watch our for. I only had it I’d say 80% open and made sure I could feel good resistance on the grub screw when tightening as I was already mindful that this would be a possible weak point in the design.

Guest Yukarin
1 hour ago, RossF said:

Update: took my MWS to a skirmish today running the Angry Gun nozzle.

Outcome: my MWS went down for the first time since I’ve owned it...

In short; the little grub screw that twists to adjust the gap worked itself loose and fell out. I assume this is what caused the nozzle to then jam forward (though I’m not sure why that’s the case). Gun would fire, no BB would come out and it sounded more like an instant hiss than a snap. Had to split the body open to get the nozzle to pull back.

Will get it home later and inspect further, but definitely something to watch our for. I only had it I’d say 80% open and made sure I could feel good resistance on the grub screw when tightening as I was already mindful that this would be a possible weak point in the design.

Sorry to hear thats happened to your nozzle. Managed to somewhat replicate your problem by unscrewing the hex screw fully. If you still have the hex screw it does go back in fine, and mine doesn't seem to loose adjustment. Maybe adding a touch of blue loctite or a wrap of PFTE tape to make the hex screw secure might help, but honestly, given the design, it will make itself loose over time unless you adjust once and leave it. It's a shame your having issues with yours. I'm gonna skirmish it again one more time and see if the problems I had before pop up again, before deciding whether to go back to the stock nozzle + NPAS.

I'm still having hop issues with my MWS, it's really strange, the hop up effect just disappears after a few rounds on the specific setting I need it to hop 0.3g BBs, turn the hop up more to considerably overhop them and the hop up doesn't lose its setting / effect at all.

Worth noting that on the hop up setting where I lose all hop after a few rounds, it doesn't unclick itself or anything, I counted how many clicks it takes me to get there from 0 (10 clicks), fired a few rounds (with a considerable gap inbetween shots) until I lost hop, then counted back the clicks to zero hop, exactly 10.

Took apart both the hop unit and hop adjuster, zero signs of wear, damage or loss of parts. The internal clicking wheel on the hop up adjuster looks pristine. This started occuring after I installed the AngryGun nozzle but now its occuring on the stock nozzle too, checking the gun through the chrono, I'm not losing any FPS outside of standard deviations after firing quite a few rounds even when the hop is gone.

Honestly clueless as to what to do now., might consider getting the AngryGun Adjuster but to be frank I don't think that will solve the issue. I'm using the SixG nub and I am going between the Stock TM bucking and the Modify Tan, both have the exact same issue. Also using BLS 0.3g BBs (non-bio).

It be useful if you could swap an upper with some one else to see if you can eliminate the issue on a game day. Just to see whats happening. Its almost as if the nozzle isnt fully sealing against the hop unit.

Maybe stick a few 10p pieces down the buffer tube, just to see if that helps improve things.If its not bucking or hop unit, has to be else where. Does it do it on all your magazines as well?

Guest Yukarin
15 minutes ago, Cipher-032 said:

It be useful if you could swap an upper with some one else to see if you can eliminate the issue on a game day. Just to see whats happening. Its almost as if the nozzle isnt fully sealing against the hop unit.

Maybe stick a few 10p pieces down the buffer tube, just to see if that helps improve things.If its not bucking or hop unit, has to be else where. Does it do it on all your magazines as well?

It does this with all my magazines, very much doubt its a sealing issue because it occurs with both my nozzles and I don't get any FPS drops (outside of typical deviations). Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has an MWS where I currently live / play at.

Buffer tube already has SixG HSB installed and this was installed a long time ago before I had issues.

10 minutes ago, Yukarin said:

It does this with all my magazines, very much doubt its a sealing issue because it occurs with both my nozzles and I don't get any FPS drops (outside of typical deviations). Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has an MWS where I currently live / play at.

Buffer tube already has SixG HSB installed and this was installed a long time ago before I had issues.

Looking at where you play, im guessing you are Kent based... so am I funnily enough.

If you google Allhallows, im in that area if its not to far. You welcome to drop in and we can swap some parts about to try and see whats what.

1 hour ago, Yukarin said:

Sorry to hear thats happened to your nozzle. Managed to somewhat replicate your problem by unscrewing the hex screw fully. If you still have the hex screw it does go back in fine, and mine doesn't seem to loose adjustment. Maybe adding a touch of blue loctite or a wrap of PFTE tape to make the hex screw secure might help, but honestly, given the design, it will make itself loose over time unless you adjust once and leave it. It's a shame your having issues with yours. I'm gonna skirmish it again one more time and see if the problems I had before pop up again, before deciding whether to go back to the stock nozzle + NPAS.

I'm still having hop issues with my MWS, it's really strange, the hop up effect just disappears after a few rounds on the specific setting I need it to hop 0.3g BBs, turn the hop up more to considerably overhop them and the hop up doesn't lose its setting / effect at all.

Worth noting that on the hop up setting where I lose all hop after a few rounds, it doesn't unclick itself or anything, I counted how many clicks it takes me to get there from 0 (10 clicks), fired a few rounds (with a considerable gap inbetween shots) until I lost hop, then counted back the clicks to zero hop, exactly 10.

Took apart both the hop unit and hop adjuster, zero signs of wear, damage or loss of parts. The internal clicking wheel on the hop up adjuster looks pristine. This started occuring after I installed the AngryGun nozzle but now its occuring on the stock nozzle too, checking the gun through the chrono, I'm not losing any FPS outside of standard deviations after firing quite a few rounds even when the hop is gone.

Honestly clueless as to what to do now., might consider getting the AngryGun Adjuster but to be frank I don't think that will solve the issue. I'm using the SixG nub and I am going between the Stock TM bucking and the Modify Tan, both have the exact same issue. Also using BLS 0.3g BBs (non-bio).

Have you tried using other weights of BBs or different brands ?  It's possible the actual BBs may be inconsistent

Guest Yukarin
35 minutes ago, Cipher-032 said:

Looking at where you play, im guessing you are Kent based... so am I funnily enough.

If you google Allhallows, im in that area if its not to far. You welcome to drop in and we can swap some parts about to try and see whats what.

Thanks for the kind offer, but I'm all the way down in Canterbury and I don't have my own transport. 

25 minutes ago, Reapur said:

Have you tried using other weights of BBs or different brands ?  It's possible the actual BBs may be inconsistent

I'll have a dig around later to see if I have anything else. Hopefully its a simple as a bad batch of BBs but the hop doesn't alternate between working and not working it just gets progressively weaker.

2 minutes ago, Yukarin said:

Thanks for the kind offer, but I'm all the way down in Canterbury and I don't have my own transport. 

I'll have a dig around later to see if I have anything else. Hopefully its a simple as a bad batch of BBs but the hop doesn't alternate between working and not working it just gets progressively weaker.

Hey fella, I'm only Maidstone but if you give me a shout next time you're heading to Apocalypse I'll run up with my MWS if I'm not playing or I'll have it with me if I am. 

Have you considered it could be due to silicone or grease contamination on the bucking?

Guest Yukarin
30 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

Hey fella, I'm only Maidstone but if you give me a shout next time you're heading to Apocalypse I'll run up with my MWS if I'm not playing or I'll have it with me if I am. 

Have you considered it could be due to silicone or grease contamination on the bucking?

Buckings seem fine, I run propane with zero lubricant added. Thanks for the offer might have to take you up on it. I'll probably be down at Apocalypse on the 3rd of November. But hopefully I'll resolve the issue by then.

5 minutes ago, Yukarin said:

Buckings seem fine, I run propane with zero lubricant added. Thanks for the offer might have to take you up on it. I'll probably be down at Apocalypse on the 3rd of November. But hopefully I'll resolve the issue by then.

Hmmm... can only suggest try different BBs and clean everything and re test.

Skirmished my MWS for the first time today.  Was overhopping .28s so shoved sone .3s in it. Getting really nice range out to 60m odd. Very pleased with it. Loading the magazine is apain in the arse though

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Skirmished my MWS for the first time today.  Was overhopping .28s so shoved sone .3s in it. Getting really nice range out to 60m odd. Very pleased with it. Loading the magazine is apain in the arse though

Use the plunger. Takes seconds!

Another question I've got is about the angry gun speed buffer. I've bought these two separately from two different stores they weight slightly different too. ( ~15g difference so definitely not a heavy recoil buffer) I'm assuming these are different iterations of their product as one was from redwolf and other from jk army, both reputable stores. 

Anyone here can sound out which one they own?

Screenshot_20191021-095155_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.27aa9c66f48ab405ecec345e0b6d6aaa.jpg

7 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Not sure if you've tried Tokyo Marui's own speed loader XL , I've had great experiences with that on the mws mags 

11 hours ago, RossF said:

Use the plunger. Takes seconds!

Dont have one.....

5 hours ago, chrislocho said:

Not sure if you've tried Tokyo Marui's own speed loader XL , I've had great experiences with that on the mws mags 

Thats what I was using....