THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Hmm ok I’ll probably go ahead and get the high speed in that case.

Use normal pistol speed loaders with the adapter. They’re quite stiff, but if you get the angle right it helps a lot. 

7 hours ago, Sawyer said:

How do you guys load your magazines?

I've got a TM speed loader with the adapter, but there must be a better way.

I’m still using the TM plunger. I actually find it’s super fast and easy so why bother with a speed loader?

Just now, RossF said:

I’m still using the TM plunger. I actually find it’s super fast and easy so why bother with a speed loader?

I can't stand that fiddly bastard 😂 always end up with a mess of BBs.

With my fingers bb by bb because I’m a hardcore oper8er nah I usually use the TM plunger like Ross I find it quick enough however I snapped the stick in my pack at my last game so I’m going to buy a wooden dowel to replace it. 

My cqbr didn't come with one, nor a cleaning rod which was surprising as ever TM ive brought has had one.

6 hours ago, DopeYourScope said:

With my fingers bb by bb because I’m a hardcore oper8er nah I usually use the TM plunger like Ross I find it quick enough however I snapped the stick in my pack at my last game so I’m going to buy a wooden dowel to replace it. 

Have you thought of using an electricians fishing rod for pulling through wires - cheap strong and almost identical?

Hey guys,

Im just find on youtube exactly same problem, which I have with my MWS. Its doing on lower temperatures after longer shooting... first shot is good, second do big noise and no bb came out and next shot is good again...

Here is that clip:

Any advices? Thank you

PS: I dont use mag as a bipod like that girl :D

Sounds like a sealing issue. Either nozzle to bcg or nozzle to bucking. 

Have you checked the nozzle return spring and that the float valve isn’t sticking ?

So first of all I'd just like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread, I have bought a cqbr variant because of Bada Bing's videos and the wealth of knowledge on here.  I'm relatively knew to forums as a whole so please feel free to put me right - I'm ex UK Armed forces - I can take it.

I haven't asked any questions before or after purchasing because it is all laid out here and as such I've already done my first mod which is an Angry Gun MPA nozzle which works well so far as I can tell on Nuprol 2, I plan to green gas mod my only mag so far but I've not had the minerals yet. I haven't chrono'd it yet as I'm waiting for a cheap Chinese propane adapter to arrive and I plan to run it on Coleman or rothenberger gas with a view to refilling them from my local calor gas depot.

As for the externals all I've done is add a vortex crossfire, a surefire m720v wm light and a cheap afg.

I also have had fun trying to fill the mag with a nuprol pistol speedloader and have found the tubeloader although inconvenient effective in as much as stopping me overloading the mag.

I plan on getting a Marui XL loader - anybody tried that? I have tried changing angles and pulling the follower down a bit for the first round and that has ended in an avalanche of bb's allez Uber Der platz. My Kwa mp9 was better to 'bomb up'.

Any hoo thanks again - top work people.

Weasel, out.

12 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

So first of all I'd just like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread, I have bought a cqbr variant because of Bada Bing's videos and the wealth of knowledge on here.  I'm relatively knew to forums as a whole so please feel free to put me right - I'm ex UK Armed forces - I can take it.

I haven't asked any questions before or after purchasing because it is all laid out here and as such I've already done my first mod which is an Angry Gun MPA nozzle which works well so far as I can tell on Nuprol 2, I plan to green gas mod my only mag so far but I've not had the minerals yet. I haven't chrono'd it yet as I'm waiting for a cheap Chinese propane adapter to arrive and I plan to run it on Coleman or rothenberger gas with a view to refilling them from my local calor gas depot.

As for the externals all I've done is add a vortex crossfire, a surefire m720v wm light and a cheap afg.

I also have had fun trying to fill the mag with a nuprol pistol speedloader and have found the tubeloader although inconvenient effective in as much as stopping me overloading the mag.

I plan on getting a Marui XL loader - anybody tried that? I have tried changing angles and pulling the follower down a bit for the first round and that has ended in an avalanche of bb's allez Uber Der platz. My Kwa mp9 was better to 'bomb up'.

Any hoo thanks again - top work people.

Weasel, out.

Hey weasel, good to have you on board.

First off the green gas mod is super easy and quick to do.

Secondly the TM XL speedloader works perfectly with the mws magazines, I recently moved over to it and wish I had sooner! 

Can I ask were you purchased your MPA from? And how is it as there as been mixed reviews of it so far? 

Cheers Whisky.

21 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

Hey weasel, good to have you on board.

First off the green gas mod is super easy and quick to do.

Secondly the TM XL speedloader works perfectly with the mws magazines, I recently moved over to it and wish I had sooner! 

Can I ask were you purchased your MPA from? And how is it as there as been mixed reviews of it so far? 

Cheers Whisky.

Hi Whisky,

I bought mine from Defcon Airsoft and they seem decent to deal with - they gave me 5% off for ex forces, as for the rifle it seems spot on, like I said I've only got one mag so far so I haven't skirmished it yet but it has had 2-300 round's through it and accuracy at 16m is around 75mm/3" groups shot from a supported prone position with stock internals ( about the same as my Kwa mp9 SMG)  and I'm wondering if some silicone oil has found its way to the bucking even though I clean and lube each sesh despite my best efforts to keep it away from anything that touches the BB - I need to buy the wurth "cleaning kit" recommend by wo1f!

As far as cycling I can report zero stoppages as should be expected.

I'm planning to run it on propane so my plan is to get all my kit - mags, fill adapter together then chrono it, adjust the mwa nozzle and hop then try and get some range time in if I can drop a fig.11 target at 50m reliably, I'm good for now till I can get some tools and a six g nub.

Cheers

Matt

1 hour ago, Wild Weasel said:

Nice one fella, hadn’t thought of the electricians pole will look into it.

all I’ll say about the Chinese propane adaptors is I found the mad bull type (silver and red collar) the actual nozzle is a tad short to engage the angle fill valve on the MWS magazines. 

By the sounds of it we have exactly the same setup on our CQBRs except I’m running an element PEQ on the top rail instead of a torch. 

I found my CQBR using 0.28 and nuprol 2.0 gas was shooting 60m comfortably and able to hit a target 10/10 at 50m, I’ve now changed to a biro nub (it’s free) and 0.30bbs and I’m now able to fling them 70m quite happily. 

The green Gas mod is really easy and quick once if you’ve got a mag valve key (element one is £7) and a tool to cut the tube. I used a 4” angle grinder because it was quickest.

1 minute ago, DopeYourScope said:

Nice one fella, hadn’t thought of the electricians pole will look into it.

all I’ll say about the Chinese propane adaptors is I found the mad bull type (silver and red collar) the actual nozzle is a tad short to engage the angle fill valve on the MWS magazines. 

By the sounds of it we have exactly the same setup on our CQBRs except I’m running an element PEQ on the top rail instead of a torch. 

I found my CQBR using 0.28 and nuprol 2.0 gas was shooting 60m comfortably and able to hit a target 10/10 at 50m, I’ve now changed to a biro nub (it’s free) and 0.30bbs and I’m now able to fling them 70m quite happily. 

What do you recommend for a propane adapter then?.

Cheers

Just now, Wild Weasel said:

What do you recommend for a propane adapter then?.

Cheers

Others have recommended the Airsoft innovations one however I haven’t got one to test. I’ve got two of the madbull style that I use for pistols and my sniper rifle because I can’t use them with the MWS I even ordered and extender from Abbey which has the same issue. 

8 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Sounds like a sealing issue. Either nozzle to bcg or nozzle to bucking. 

Have you checked the nozzle return spring and that the float valve isn’t sticking ?

I will look on it. Thank you for advice. I am almost sure that is related to low temperatures (enviroment + gas freezing), because have that problem after shooting so many BBs (100-200 minimal) and teperatures goes down these days. Maybe frozen one of sealing parts?

Now I waiting for new buffer parts. I focus on that nozzle thing when MWS will be ready.

Meantime than new parts arrives I have some pictures of my mk12 project:

Mk12 kit with M16 stock and M3 scope looked so oldschool good:

DSC_1846.thumb.JPG.1f6e5a08778a66d7ce0fc709579ce0b0.JPG

Harris style bipod, OPS silencer and KAC front sight

DSC_1870.thumb.JPG.55616c674ceab8886a8b0701458e2d37.JPG

DSC_1871.thumb.JPG.26000e41542fccffb7e8060413f15a76.JPG

I was so satisfied with result... But fell in love with some more compact scope and more tactical setup...

DSC_1903.thumb.JPG.d26d9460bf8d51b2df55433b85ed4ce1.JPGDSC_1904.thumb.JPG.9c3fae1f51043549e76e759fee04dba5.JPG

I love that Grimlock gen II scope. Its usable for real .223 too.