THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

I was in Fire Support on sat buying my MWS and they said then that they are due a shipment from TM in 10 days. So expect something around the middle of next week

1 hour ago, DopeYourScope said:

I’ve emailed defcon again asking if they’re due any otherwise I think I’ll cancel my order with them and then order from Fire Support. 

Good luck with defcon. I ordered an FNX. 2 months later my batch still hadn’t been made in Japan never mind shipped to me. 

48 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Good luck with defcon. I ordered an FNX. 2 months later my batch still hadn’t been made in Japan never mind shipped to me. 

you’ve filled me with hope. If not I paid through PayPal so I’ll claim my money back that way

22 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

In defence of defcon, they did send my mws with a pretty bow 😂

22E8A5EF-1557-4AB0-BE09-124A3505AD6C.jpeg

I think that's how TM sends them out.

3 hours ago, Wo1f said:

In defence of defcon, they did send my mws with a pretty bow 😂

22E8A5EF-1557-4AB0-BE09-124A3505AD6C.jpeg

Mine didn’t come with a bow!? I got ripped the fuck off. 🤬😤😤😡

Tm sends them out in a bow? That’s a nice touch. I’d rather some Japanese haribo though. 

Just now, DopeYourScope said:

just got my refund, I’m going to hope I sneak 3 out of the fire support stock

Set an in stock notification. That’s what I usually do. 

Years of frustration with my KC02 had me acquiring a second hand MWS. The enthusiasm spread in this 83 page document is to blame. A fantastic piece - although a tad too heavy mags. 

Some questions I can’t find answers to:

# I can’t put my rifle into safety unless it is cocked and ready - is that normal or a flaw from the trigger installation of the previous owner? If normal - is this also the behavior of the real m4? 

# Does someone have the actual weight of the MTR-magazines? Im getting all sorts of different info on different sites. One states that they are heavier ( 600 g ) than the standard mags ( 450 g ) - I’m trying to find a way to lighten the load. Might try the gen 2 pmags although I have heard mixed opinions about them.

5907A5D1-5007-467A-BB1F-56047135262A.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Hypokondrikern said:

Years of frustration with my KC02 had me acquiring a second hand MWS. The enthusiasm spread in this 83 page document is to blame. A fantastic piece - although a tad too heavy mags. 

# I can’t put my rifle into safety unless it is cocked and ready - is that normal or a flaw from the trigger installation of the previous owner? If normal - is this also the behavior of the real m4? 

# Does someone have the actual weight of the MTR-magazines? Im getting all sorts of different info on different sites. One states that they are heavier ( 600 g ) than the standard mags ( 450 g ) - I’m trying to find a way to lighten the load. Might try the gen 2 pmags although I have heard mixed opinions about them.

safety is normal my CQBR is exactly the same.

is it really worth losing a third of your ammo capacity for maybe 100grams per mag? If you’re working on 6 mag load then you’ve lost nearly 3 mags of capacity for the weight of a single mag. 

14 minutes ago, Hypokondrikern said:

The safety works exactly as a real steel AR does.  Time to hit the gym if the mags weigh too much 😅

2 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

PMags are still shit last time I heard, balancing out the mags over your kit does wonders. I run 8 magazines, 2 on my battle belt, 3 on the front of my plate carrier and 3 on the back of my plate carrier. Very noticeable difference from when I used to run an Osprey and had all of my 8 magazines on the front of my plate carrier.

Selector functions like a real AR as mentioned.

Stick to 35 round TM mags as they’re the best performance per weight option. 

Consider your PC/belt setup to better spread the weight across your body. 

Yeah, that’s why I’d like to know the weight. Because if they are under 300 g ( which I doubt ) it could be worth considering. + I prefer the look of the short mags and isn’t reloading the best part about this rifle. The sounds..

Nevertheless, thanks for the insight regarding the mags placement and the trigger safety. I’ll now get two GHK AK mags and start my own gym ; ) 

1 hour ago, Hypokondrikern said:

Yeah, that’s why I’d like to know the weight. Because if they are under 300 g ( which I doubt ) it could be worth considering. + I prefer the look of the short mags and isn’t reloading the best part about this rifle. The sounds..

Nevertheless, thanks for the insight regarding the mags placement and the trigger safety. I’ll now get two GHK AK mags and start my own gym ; ) 

If the Wolf Armouries website is to be believed, there looks to be about 50g in it between the two. 450ish vs 500g.

Badabing weighed them on one of his reviews.  The MWS mag is circa 400g v 600g odd for the GHK

Edit - no idea about the 20rds mags.

Just FYI I got the Angry Gun MPA nozzle. Awesome piece of kit.

390fps +- 5 w/ .28s

340fps +- 3 w/ .43s

My setup is 373mm prommy .03 barrel w/ modify tan bucking, Dave’s brass nub and spacer. G&P recoil spring and alu buffer @ max weight. Running on Abbey Vertex gas.

Also I tried the Angry Hun high speed buffer weight and holy crap, it added so much recoil. Amazing! The only thing that stopped me buying it there and then was I want to try the heavy recoil kit now given that I’m running this as a DMR so ROF is irrelevant.

@Wo1f I know you’ve tried both the high speed and heavy buffer weights from Angry Gun and said the heavy made the cycle way too slow to recommend. To clarify is that the ROF or do you mean even a complete cycle per one single shot feels sluggish and gross? 

51 minutes ago, RossF said:

@Wo1f I know you’ve tried both the high speed and heavy buffer weights from Angry Gun and said the heavy made the cycle way too slow to recommend. To clarify is that the ROF or do you mean even a complete cycle per one single shot feels sluggish and gross? 

Both. The rate of fire was much slower which i don't have a problem with as full auto is rarely used, but it was the cycling and gas efficiency that drastically declined. One of the MWS' defining traits is how snappy it is compared to GHK/WE/VFC and it just killed it dead. it's fun to throw some black gas in it and empty a couple of mags in the summer, but as a usable system, it's not for me. A Slightly stiffer spring would probably be the best all around option as the forward spring pressure seats the nozzle into the chamber as it speeds up the return cycle