THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

What weight ammo for stock? 

Also which way is more hop on the wheel? Think its towards me?

heaviest you can hop. I found that to be a .28 but I've heard people saying they can hop heavier on newer ones. Start with some good quality .28's and if you can over hop them move to .30's

9 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Dave's custom airsoft has ten in stock:

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/MWSMagazine?search=Mws

7 in stock 😛

Seems to be able to lift .3s so will use them. Tbh the difference between a  28 and .3 is minor 

Just run my CQB upper today for the first time,  on .25s with a gunsmodify hop set up, modify tan rubber and laylax arm (built up from scratch) it's impressive range and accuracy wise beebs were going straight like lasers and point of aim was basically point of impact at CQB ranges. The fps consistancy is a bit here and there (not bedded in yet tbh at this point a total of 12 mags through it) but I'm willing to attribute that to the site chrono as otherwise my 416C has magically lost 50fps since last being checked........

I did however find the bolt cycle "lazy" particularly the return stroke into battery, its a stock MTR lower with a stock bolt, weather was 16degrees c and gas was 144a. is it worth looking at a lightweight bolt carrier for the winter months and if so whats the recommneded option?

31 minutes ago, hunter511 said:

Just run my CQB upper today for the first time,  on .25s with a gunsmodify hop set up, modify tan rubber and laylax arm (built up from scratch) it's impressive range and accuracy wise beebs were going straight like lasers and point of aim was basically point of impact at CQB ranges. The fps consistancy is a bit here and there (not bedded in yet tbh at this point a total of 12 mags through it) but I'm willing to attribute that to the site chrono as otherwise my 416C has magically lost 50fps since last being checked........

I did however find the bolt cycle "lazy" particularly the return stroke into battery, its a stock MTR lower with a stock bolt, weather was 16degrees c and gas was 144a. is it worth looking at a lightweight bolt carrier for the winter months and if so whats the recommneded option?

Go lightweight BCG and green gas should be snappy then.

Increased power and more gas capacity?  Sounds like a win win to me.  Just don't cut the tube TOO short,  you'll get a lot of liquid coming out of the nozzle.

Leave the outer tube about 5-6mm above the actual fill tube on the valve.

Read somewhere that they arent compatible with real spec stocks? This true? Will this fit? https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/magpul-real-moe-carbine-stock---mil-spec-black

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Read somewhere that they arent compatible with real spec stocks? This true? Will this fit? https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/magpul-real-moe-carbine-stock---mil-spec-black

Buffer tube is commercial size which is slightly smaller than mil spec, stock will fit with a bit of wobble. Unless you shim the buffer tube with a bit of tape.

Edit: Brain died and got mixed up between sizes for commerical and mil spec, ignore me.

33 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

Buffer tube is commercial size which is slightly smaller than mil spec, stock will fit with a bit of wobble. Unless you shim the buffer tube with a bit of tape.

This is not true.  The stock is milspec.  I installed a Magpul MOE adjustable stock and has zero wobble or need to shim.  Upgraded the buffer tube to the angry gun milspec sized one also and stock has same fitment.

2 minutes ago, Reapur said:

This is not true.  The stock is milspec.  I installed a Magpul MOE adjustable stock and has zero wobble or need to shim.  Upgraded the buffer tube to the angry gun milspec sized one also and stock has same fitment.

I also have a Magpul MOE stock, I needed to shim my buffer tube to eliminate wobble.

Edit: Brain died and got mixed up between sizes for commerical and mil spec, ignore me. Turns out my Magpul stock was commerical spec.

Mws is supposed to be delivered today and I might have to night out at work😭.

on a brighter note.. a small fortune spent at redwolf so at least she’ll be pretty

8 hours ago, Reapur said:

I had this question too. I’ve stuck to a “for MWS” g&p stock but would like to know my options preferably without shimming with tape.

So basically noone knows LOL

Comedy aside so it looks like that Magpul stock should fit?

As above. They’re Mil-Spec dimensions, just a shit 2 piece design. 

Grips are RS/gbbr grips

The 35 round mws mags and the 20 round mtr mags are interchangeable 

18 hours ago, Pappahog41 said:

hi gents, ive recently purchased a MTR16, will the MWS mags fit it? as finding 35rd mags is almost impossible.

thanks

Leave it a week or so and Fire Support will be getting some in - 72 if I recall correctly.  Alternatively, Daves Custom Airsoft had a few left 

35 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Leave it a week or so and Fire Support will be getting some in - 72 if I recall correctly.  Alternatively, Daves Custom Airsoft had a few left 

I’ve emailed defcon again asking if they’re due any otherwise I think I’ll cancel my order with them and then order from Fire Support.