THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

• Supporters
On 30/09/2019 at 10:01, bapexxx said:

Btw for some weird reason my tank should be able to take 4500psi in total but my local paintball place can only fill it up to 3000 psi is it normal?

If your tank is rated for 4500PSI (around 300bar) then its rated for that pressure.

Your local paintball place probably only has a compressor rated for 3000PSI (232Bar) so will only fill it to that much.

Your best best bet is to go and buy a scuba tank rated at 300Bar, then take it to your nearest dive store that has a 300Bar compressor and make them fill it. Once they fill it you need a "Fill Station" mostly likely with a DIN Fitting which you attach to the scuba tank and basically you fill up from the scuba tank using it as a massive reservoir.

I have a 12litre 300Bar tank t hat costs me less than £10 to fill and it has lasted around a year.

Gorgeous looking rifle. Purposeful.

6 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Also, just to say thanks making my MWS wonderfully skirmishable with the brass nub. My spacer should arrive this week, can't wait to see how snappy it cycles! 

Guest Yukarin

After Skirmish report of the MPA Nozzle.

Bearing in mind I was running propane in the low 10s. The MPA performed admirably, however there were a few problems.

My hop up kept resetting itself, this may be due to the MPA nozzle pushing the nub back up? It's a weird problem that I never experienced before.

Sometimes the nozzle would get stuck mid cycle and cause the whole BCG to be stuck about 50% of the way back, had to remove mag and run the action again to solve this issue.

The MPA nozzle needed lube for it to return smoothly into the BCG, with the stock TM nozzle I ran the system without any lube without any issues (I did so to avoid my barrel getting dirty so quickly).

I need to test the nozzle more to see if I can alleviate any of the above problems. Might remove the High Speed buffer from Dave as that causes the nozzle to sit further into the hop chamber.

Update: The AG Nozzle has eaten up my Modify Tan, as I feared the larger OD of the nozzle face that goes inside the hop chamber was too big for the Modify Tan which has a smaller ID than the stock TM rubber. I'm gonna switch out the Modify Tan for the stock TM when I have the time and see what happens.

1 minute ago, UKCYukarin said:

After Skirmish report of the MPA Nozzle.

Bearing in mind I was running propane in the low 10s. The MPA performed admirably, however there were a few problems.

My hop up kept resetting itself, this may be due to the MPA nozzle pushing the nub back up? It's a wierd problem that I never experienced before.

Sometimes the nozzle would get stuck mid cycle and cause the whole BCG to be stuck about 50% of the way back, had to remove mag and run the action again to solve this issue.

The MPA nozzle needed lube for it to return smoothly into the BCG, with the stock TM nozzle I ran the system without any lube without any issues (I did so to avoid my barrel getting dirty so quickly).

I need to test the nozzle more to see if I can alleviate any of the above problems. Might remove the High Speed buffer from Dave as that causes the nozzle to sit further into the hop chamber.

Thanks for the update, looking forward to hearing how it works out for you.

2 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

My hop up kept resetting itself, this may be due to the MPA nozzle pushing the nub back up? It's a weird problem that I never experienced before.

Have you lost the hop wheel detent spring? Or has it failed / got silly weak?

Due to the design of the MWS hop system the only way it should be able to reset the hop setting would be if something were rubbing the hop adjust wheel, is the nozzle / BCG clearing it ok?

2 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

Fitment is the plague of aftermarket parts, its worth spending time with wet&dry paper making the nozzle move freely without lube, any kind of binding affects BB loading/nozzle seating/nozzle retraction/gas efficiency.

5 hours ago, Sawyer said:

Gorgeous looking rifle. Purposeful.

Also, just to say thanks making my MWS wonderfully skirmishable with the brass nub. My spacer should arrive this week, can't wait to see how snappy it cycles! 

Thanks @Sawyer always happy to hear players are enjoying the products 👍

What would people recommend for a rear sling point? Quite like the look of the swivels, but just want a good point for a single point sling for transitioning. 

Is a £30-40 price point really justifiable?

31 minutes ago, peeved87 said:

What would people recommend for a rear sling point? Quite like the look of the swivels, but just want a good point for a single point sling for transitioning. 

Single point slings are awful, it's worth spending the time to train with a two point and learning how to transition between left and right.  Actual operators don't use single points.

Also single point slings whack you in the nuts when you're using your sidearm.

8 hours ago, peeved87 said:

I used to use single point, then started using two point slings, with the sling attached to the stock, rather than the back of the receiver and the other end attached at the back of the rail system as close to the receiver as possible. 

Removed any ASAP plates where possible too. I'd say they really aren't worth it. 

As above, let go of your rifle with a single point sling and you'll smash your sausage. Two point slings not so much.

Okay. Well the Idea of nut cracking should be just at Christmas. I'll look for a front rail attachment and try to dig out a rear stock attachment

A loose loop around the stock is usually the ticket, it can move/rotate freely when you dip the back of the rifle down to transition.

So you only need a front sling mounted behind your foregrip/barrel hold to stop tangling

8 hours ago, Reapur said:

Also single point slings whack you in the nuts when you're using your sidearm.

Swap shoulders, it hangs back instead of in the way.

I use a two point; I pinched a pin and sling loop off another M4 to use on the A-sight. It's annoying the fitting is there and they didn't add the sling loop. Economy on a premium rif. lol :lol:

Fitted the angry gun nozzle. Fits well and the adjustment is nice and solid. Didn’t give me the FPS boost I was hoping for though. Max was 430 on a .20 with a crazy jet 410mm and a flamingo bucking. Might try a Prometheus 6.00 or a custom length EDGI

4 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Fitted the angry gun nozzle. Fits well and the adjustment is nice and solid. Didn’t give me the FPS boost I was hoping for though. Max was 430 on a .20 with a crazy jet 410mm and a flamingo bucking. Might try a Prometheus 6.00 or a custom length EDGI

Did it increase it at all compared to stock nozzle? I'm guessing it's got screw you can put into the nozzle end to restrict flow, but otherwise uses a standard rocket valve not a npas? If it gives any kind of increase and is compatible with a dp enhanced rocket valve i might be tempted, i could do with another 10-20 fps

5 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I got a huge boost was shooting 2 joules with a .28 with the adjustment set to 85% open.  300mm TNT barrel with modify tan bucking.

5 hours ago, Wo1f said:

might be either a seal issue at the hop or the piston skirt isnt lubed. it's shooting the same fps as my NPAS fitted that i had in previously, so I've imagine it's a boost on the standard nozzle. regardless of not hitting 500 fps with my current setup, i think it's a fantastic nozzle. The adjustment is rock solid so it should give consistency as good as a none adjustable nozzle at the rocket valve part at least. It's shooting 430 on a .20 which is 1.73 joules if i calculated correctly. 380'ish on a .32 which is closer to 2.2 joules. 

Here we go... I am next with damaged buffer plunger... Check that half pushed out pin. Can it be the reason of the broken plunger? I have no photo but the end of spring was slightly deformed and pushed back into itself. Hope you underestand what I mean. Gun shooted 6-8k BB´s. I use propane gas.  Can I buy all the new buffer (maybee metal one) or buy spacer from Dave SixG or something else? Thanks for advices guys. There are some pictures... 

DSC_1916.thumb.JPG.eaa9788840af85b095d633ddb634b2c4.JPG

DSC_1915.thumb.JPG.d37268a913a6e08e22d13bf2ee2d641b.JPG

DSC_1914.thumb.JPG.f425a324c2f080ad966f7d03bb3bb54e.JPGDSC_1917.thumb.JPG.20fbc44a1348879c99f9bde299bb4563.JPG

DSC_1918.JPG