THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Hey all, finally read through all 75+ pages of this thread XD 

I'm currently building a DMR out of the MTR 16, I was wondering what would be the recommendations for barrels? 

Current set-up

I already have the Dave's brass nub installed

Currently running a  PDI WHold bucking + PDI 410mm 6.01 barrel. 

I'm not happy with how some shots drift off to the sides every 2/3 shots, and have a few modify tan buckings on the way. 

What are y'all recommendations for barrel length and size?  

With 0.28g I'm getting around 1.4J. I'd like to run heavier bbs so might need to get a shorter new barrel anyway.

Should I keep with 6.01 410mm?  Kinda tempted to go 370mm but not sure if I should stick with 6.01, or 6.03/6.05? 

I'm looking for something for the utmost accuracy and range. From what I read so far,  range is achieved by ability to hop heavier BBs which Dave should cover!

Barrel length is more about power with GBB, so base the length on your required power in combination with an NPAS type.

Id definitely go for 6.03/6.05 everyday over 6.01 for accuracy.

The PDI bucking (which I love) does not work in the MWS hop unit.

You want to be running 0.36 or more in a DMR power MWS.

Wow thanks for the quick reply! I think I will try out the 6.03 at 370mm should have me more room to go up in BB weight. 

Sorry do you mind elaborating on why the whold doesn't work with the hop up?

Anyway I'm going to use a prommy purple and see how it compares with modify tan when that arrives ! 

Thanks again :)

On 25/09/2019 at 15:41, RossF said:

has anybody received their Angry Gun MPA nozzle yet?

Nope, still waiting 

• Supporters
On 23/09/2019 at 10:52, bapexxx said:

really? I am really new to slp/hpa stuff ;/ what could be the issue? Is it becoz mine is just a mag not a full hpa system?

How long have you owned the secondary regulator (the one that takes 800PSI down to 80PSI).

If its a brand new reg, then you need to shoot at least 1000+ shots to bed them in usually.

When i converted one of my GHK M4 mags to HPA and appropriately tuned, i was able to get it within a 3+/- FPS range on a well used Redline Firebase Regulator.

On 29/09/2019 at 00:16, Shizbazki said:

How long have you owned the secondary regulator (the one that takes 800PSI down to 80PSI).

If its a brand new reg, then you need to shoot at least 1000+ shots to bed them in usually.

When i converted one of my GHK M4 mags to HPA and appropriately tuned, i was able to get it within a 3+/- FPS range on a well used Redline Firebase Regulator.

Everything is brand new. 

Good to know it will get better haha.

Btw for some weird reason my tank should be able to take 4500psi in total but my local paintball place can only fill it up to 3000 psi is it normal?

44 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Ran my MWS yesterday in the rain..... AWESOME.

I looked like Charlie squating in a bush and lost count of how many people I hit during one game.

LUVVIT.

Same used mine for another 48hr milsim, was an awesome piece of kit and even when getting into big firefights didn’t feel out gunned. 

I got a few well placed shots through building windows I wasn’t expecting to actually hit. 

Picture of my 8 man squad which turned into a 6 man squad on the second day. (I’m furthest on the right by the trailer)

AEB266BA-F15D-4771-97F5-5E0DC28084C2.jpeg

Guest Yukarin

ANGRY GUN MPA Nozzle arriving Thursday, had to pay £15 in import fees. Will give initial impressions but I also have a game this Sunday for a more extensive test.

Edit: Nozzle received, may test tomorrow? Pretty busy these last few days, so review may be delayed or merged into my game day summary of the nozzle on Sunday.

Guest Yukarin

AG MPA Nozzle Mini Review:

Nozzle came decently packaged, came with a 1.5mm Hex Key, which is required to adjust FPS.

Adjusting FPS is incredibly easy, dont have to hold anything in place like the NPAS. 

Plastic feels sturdy, but there are a few burrs on the plastic, but thankfully nowhere where it really matters.

The part of the nozzle where the gas comes out is ever so slightly wider than the TM one, this results in the bolt returning about 90% of the way into the hop chamber as opposed to the TM nozzle, Pressing the forward assist pushes it the rest of the way.

EDIT: Above may be due to the fact im using a Modify Tan, which has a smaller diameter inside for better airseal, I imagine that this may not be a 'problem' on the stock TM rubber.

But this is actually not necessary as the bolt not returning as close as the TM does not seem to affect performance in anyway.

Consistency is incredible, most of my deviations were within 1fps (using 0.3g bbs) apart from the occasional shot that had a deviation of 5fps.

The nozzle does not seem to lose its setting either. I haven't tested the lowest and highest fps possible, I just dialed it in for the fps I need this Sunday.

Nozzle return spring seems much stronger than the TM, should last, one problem though, angry gun decided not to add the small rubber bit inside the nozzle spring that absorbs shock, we will see whether that leads to any long term problems.

Very impressed so far, much better than my RA-TECH NPAS. Do take the above with a pinch of salt as I'm yet to play with the gun fully. I'll update this if there are any problems with the MPA this Sunday.

Hey guys, so I needed to lose some FPS from my set up so I installed a FG restrictor disc. In the end I used the white one which is supposed to be a 20% decrease in power, this brought me down to just over 1 joule from 1.4 joules with .32's on nuprol 2.0.

Super happy with the results and the consistentcy is just as good as before.

My block1 preformed perfectly on Sunday at southcoast cqb, even in the wind and the rain.

Although as it got colder I could feel my cyclic rate dropping and it started to feel sluggish.

So looking into getting a lightweight bolt carrier, the only one I can see in stock is the DP one from rainbow8 

Anyone got any input or advise about lightweight BCG's? 

Cheers chaps! 

13 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

Consistency is incredible, most of my deviations were within 1fps (using 0.3g bbs) apart from the occasional shot that had a deviation of 5fps.

The nozzle does not seem to lose its setting either. I haven't tested the lowest and highest fps possible, I just dialed it in for the fps I need this Sunday.

Nozzle return spring seems much stronger than the TM, should last, one problem though, angry gun decided not to add the small rubber bit inside the nozzle spring that absorbs shock, we will see whether that leads to any long term problems.

Wow! That's impressive. Couple questions: For comparison, what sort of consistency were you getting with the stock nozzle? How long are you pausing between shots? And, do you mean that all of your shots are at (say) 300 + or - 1fps, or that you're consistently losing 1 fps per shot (so, 10 shots means dropping from 300 to 290, roughly)?

15 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

AG MPA Nozzle Mini Review:

Nozzle came decently packaged, came with a 1.5mm Hex Key, which is required to adjust FPS.

Adjusting FPS is incredibly easy, dont have to hold anything in place like the NPAS. 

Plastic feels sturdy, but there are a few burrs on the plastic, but thankfully nowhere where it really matters.

The part of the nozzle where the gas comes out is ever so slightly wider than the TM one, this results in the bolt returning about 90% of the way into the hop chamber as opposed to the TM nozzle, Pressing the forward assist pushes it the rest of the way.

EDIT: Above may be due to the fact im using a Modify Tan, which has a smaller diameter inside for better airseal, I imagine that this may not be a 'problem' on the stock TM rubber.

But this is actually not necessary as the bolt not returning as close as the TM does not seem to affect performance in anyway.

Very impressed so far, much better than my RA-TECH NPAS. Do take the above with a pinch of salt as I'm yet to play with the gun fully. I'll update this if there are any problems with the MPA this Sunday.

Sounds great!  Would love to hear the min and max fps values when you get a chance to mess around with it, I’m curious to know if it can get an MWS up to 450fps.

Guest Yukarin
4 hours ago, Pete9 said:

Wow! That's impressive. Couple questions: For comparison, what sort of consistency were you getting with the stock nozzle? How long are you pausing between shots? And, do you mean that all of your shots are at (say) 300 + or - 1fps, or that you're consistently losing 1 fps per shot (so, 10 shots means dropping from 300 to 290, roughly)?

Stock nozzle I was getting around 5fps deviations, with the RA-TECH NPAS this would increase to about 10fps deviations. Bearing in mind this is all with a 0.3g BB. The MPA was deviating up and down by 1fps. I'm very shocked by the consistency so as I said before there is more extensive testing that needs doing that unfortunately I don't have time for until after Sunday.

I was pausing about a second between shots.

2 hours ago, RossF said:

Sounds great!  Would love to hear the min and max fps values when you get a chance to mess around with it, I’m curious to know if it can get an MWS up to 450fps.

Earliest I could test those values would be next week im afraid, very busy this weekend.

Guest Yukarin
29 minutes ago, _FIL_ said:

Where did you guys get your AG MPA Nozzle?

I ordered directly from AngryGun, though a few HK retailers stock it aswell, i.e JKArmy.

16 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

I ordered directly from AngryGun, though a few HK retailers stock it aswell, i.e JKArmy.

How is JKArmy? I've heard mix reviews about their customer service.

Guest Yukarin
7 hours ago, Whisky1 said:

How is JKArmy? I've heard mix reviews about their customer service.

I've ordered a few times from them and been completely fine. Bear in mind the current political climate over in HK..

5 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

I've ordered a few times for them and been completely fine. Bear in mind the current political climate over in HK..

Okay awesome! Yeah I normally order parts from rainbow 8 with no problem, but a friend ordered some bits and they took well over the predicted time, not sure if this is due to the problems in HK or just a one off from rainbow8.

Guest Yukarin
Just now, Whisky1 said:

Okay awesome! Yeah I normally order parts from rainbow 8 with no problem, but a friend ordered some bits and they took well over the predicted time, not sure if this is due to the problems in HK or just a one off from rainbow8.

Mine took longer than AngryGun predicted, but as i said thats completely understandable considering the current political climate.

1 minute ago, UKCYukarin said:

Mine took longer than AngryGun predicted, but as i said thats completely understandable considering the current political climate.

Well as long as you got it, what was your delivery time on the MPA? I'm thinking of ordering one with a lightweight BCG.