THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

16 hours ago, RossF said:

The MWS is down to turn off/reduce the pressure on the nub. Also with the MWS bbs will roll out the barrel of its off completely and you hold it facing the floor.

5 hours ago, Wo1f said:

To increase the hop, you drag your finger across the dial from the front of the gun to the rear. If you’re right handed then it would be counter clockwise.

1 hour ago, bapexxx said:

For me I always look at the little bump that the hop up arm creates. If I turn the dial to one direction and the bump is getting smaller then i know that direction is reducing the hop lol

Thanks guys! So my deciphering of the manual was correct, that's good to know 👍

Here's the graphic I was referring to, for anyone interested, showing how to increase the hop by turning the dial as @Wo1f mentions "front of the gun to the rear"...

967993819_MaruiMWSGBBRmanual.jpg.f115fd90fa01860422aaf0f6a1ba699e.jpg

59 minutes ago, Jimmeh said:

The way I remember it, and bare with me here........ is this:

If you were to hold the rifle as if in the aim and rotate the rifle around the wheel, and keep the wheel still... the rifle will point upwards and the wheel won't have moved relative to you. That way makes the BB's go up i.e. more hop.

I like the way your head works! 😂

The way I remember it guys is, when the gun is pointing away from you or to the the right of you, it's clockwise.

It was a absolute pain for me as i will rebuild the hop with the barrel to the left . But when i adjust the hop i usually have the barrel to the right . So i just put a + and - on the body to remind me 

Quick question.  Has anyone tried the orga barrel for the mws ? Have one for my 416c and am happy with the results.  So was going  to give it ago 

40 minutes ago, Dread68 said:

It was a absolute pain for me as i will rebuild the hop with the barrel to the left . But when i adjust the hop i usually have the barrel to the right . So i just put a + and - on the body to remind me 

Quick question.  Has anyone tried the orga barrel for the mws ? Have one for my 416c and am happy with the results.  So was going  to give it ago 

I’ve had 2. Good quality. Not the best on the market, not the worst. I ran one in my dmr for a while but I prefer the steel barrels now like the Prometheus. Little tighter so more FPS boost without having to ‘turn it up’ and being steel it should be more durable. 

What's the best alternative to the standard TM buffer? My lower part broke and caught on the spring rendering the gun useless. Being that I can't get any spares currently would it be best to swap?

Not interested in changing lots of other parts to create harder recoil. I would like the same, but longer lasting

Screenshot_20190919-182149.png

10 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I’ve had 2. Good quality. Not the best on the market, not the worst. I ran one in my dmr for a while but I prefer the steel barrels now like the Prometheus. Little tighter so more FPS boost without having to ‘turn it up’ and being steel it should be more durable. 

Gotta second the prommy barrel. It’s pricey, but if you’ve already bought into the MWS maybe you’re up for that. 

13 hours ago, peeved87 said:

What's the best alternative to the standard TM buffer? My lower part broke and caught on the spring rendering the gun useless. Being that I can't get any spares currently would it be best to swap?

Not interested in changing lots of other parts to create harder recoil. I would like the same, but longer lasting

Screenshot_20190919-182149.png

I’m running a G&P aluminium buffer in mine. Should be easy enough to find, mine came with a stock I bought. They also have weights that you can put in or not that influence the recoil.

Angrygun mpa nozzle ordered. Interesting to see what that’s like as the one for the Scar H was great

Also ordered an MPA nozzle about a week ago directly from AngryGun. Waiting for it to arrive and hopefully it plays nicer than the RA-TECH NPAS and the hoping that nozzle springs are stronger than the stock TM.

4 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

Also ordered an MPA nozzle about a week ago directly from AngryGun. Waiting for it to arrive and hopefully it plays nicer than the RA-TECH NPAS and the hoping that nozzle springs are stronger than the stock TM.

I ordered mine direct. Didn’t realise they’d been out for a week. I only saw the FB post the other day. Hopefully it can up my FPS close to 500

17 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I ordered mine direct. Didn’t realise they’d been out for a week. I only saw the FB post the other day. Hopefully it can up my FPS close to 500

Oh cool, lets us know how you get on. I'm really interested in one but would like to decrease my fps to bring under a joule.

4 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Angrygun mpa nozzle ordered. Interesting to see what that’s like as the one for the Scar H was great

Sweet I’ve been waiting for these to get released. Please do let us know how you get on. 

Well, today arrived the package with the mws. Now to move on to some upgrades. That Angry Gun drop in muzzle replacement is one of the first things I'm considering buying, not necessarily for the npas but the more durable plastic(unless someone can recommend me something that's as equally durable but without npas).

Next is the prometheus 370mm inner barrel - don't know though what the differences are between a 6,00mm or 6,03mm diameter.

Also on my list the super nub, and a new recoil buffer. Now when it comes to recoil buffers, which one would be the better choice if I'm looking for durability on green gas and not necessarily bigger recoil?

I'm currently eyeing the Angry Gun aluminum buffer(which apparently is around 62g compared to the stock polymer 24g), or one of them G&P buffers... so many of them though, some even come with replacement tubes and new rollers for the bolt carrier(why?)... dunno which one to choose and also if I need to replace the buffer tube if I plan to use a metal buffer.

Hey guys,

Just joined the mws club but I've ran into a problem after trying to install a new rail system...

Currently it is hard for me to push the magazine into the rifle, I have to give it a hard slap on the bottom on the magazine & sometimes tilt it a bit towards my body in order for the magazine to be locked complete into place.

Here's a video of me try to put it in:

I think maybe I screwed in the barrel nut too tight but I've loosen it but it still has this problem.

All the internals are still stock and my store's 7 day warranty is no more so I hope if anyone knows what's up with my gun, I'd really appreciate it~

5 minutes ago, West said:

Hey guys,

Just joined the mws club but I've ran into a problem after trying to install a new rail system...

Currently it is hard for me to push the magazine into the rifle, I have to give it a hard slap on the bottom on the magazine & sometimes tilt it a bit towards my body in order for the magazine to be locked complete into place.

Here's a video of me try to put it in:

I think maybe I screwed in the barrel nut too tight but I've loosen it but it still has this problem.

All the internals are still stock and my store's 7 day warranty is no more so I hope if anyone knows what's up with my gun, I'd really appreciate it~

Remove the upper and see if it fits in the mag well and locks without force.

14 minutes ago, West said:

Thanks for replying so fast!

It does lock in easily when the upper is open, but I still have kinda push hard into it, it's like I have to fight with the mag catch every time I put the mag in. Is the spring suppose to be that strong there?

Video:

https://youtu.be/CxR7k0Nwzq8

No problem I'm sat on a ferry 😂

So does it cause any issues when firing, like feeding or excess gas? Mine was a little stiff to begin with but not like yours seems to be, it did ease up over time and now it slides straight in.

Do you have any other mags you could try?

4 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

No problem I'm sat on a ferry 😂

So does it cause any issues when firing, like feeding or excess gas? Mine was a little stiff to begin with but not like yours seems to be, it did ease up over time and now it slides straight in.

Do you have any other mags you could try?

No extra mags, store was out of them...

No firing issues...

7 minutes ago, West said:

No extra mags, store was out of them...

No firing issues...

Well I would say ever your mag is slightly out of spec or it's just the freshness of the gun.

Check to see where you mag catch locks into the mag for wear as it might be abit low causing the mag to be pushed in further to lock.

Ok I have tested my SLP tapped drum mag with my m4. At around 80 psi it shoots at around 335 to 350 consistently never go lower or higher than that range. The feeding of bbs is ok occasionally there was no BB but the next shot is fine. Overall I'm happy with the result. At least now I have 1500 rounds to spray and hold a position loool.

13 hours ago, hunter511 said:

15fps/ +-7.5fps seems a pretty big discrepancy, especially given that a lot of the "Scuba Steves" seem able to get to +-1fps?

really? I am really new to slp/hpa stuff ;/ what could be the issue? Is it becoz mine is just a mag not a full hpa system?