THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

4 hours ago, Immortal said:

I used a JR Hacksaw. Pop a pencil in the tube to measure the depth, then I marked the outside of the tube with said depth. I added about 5mm to be sure I was not going to hit the valve then stuffed kitchen towel in the tube to keep dust out the valve and sawed it off. Pull out towel wadding and job done. Really quick mod to do once you've done one. All 8 mags have this done and they work just fine. 👍

EDIT: I used a needle file to round off the cut after - forgot to mention it!

EDIT 2: No valve key required. Just use a flat head...

^^^This is the best way of doing it I’ve found. And as above, you don’t need a valve key. Just a flat head and something to cut the tube. I’ve even just ‘pulled off’ the zinc tube in bits with a pair of pliers before. It’s not ideal, but the metal is soft so you can grip it with pliers and twist like a Spam tin.

On 03/09/2019 at 14:56, Whisky1 said:

Hello chaps,

So I ordered an NPAS from mlemart

And they sent me the WE open bolt one (silver one). I know it's widely accepted that the mws npas is far better, but is there anyway this one can be used to achieve decent results?

You could unscrew it and put the tiniest amount of the weakest locktite on the threads. All you want to do is create enough resistance to stop it turning with recoil. 

On 26/08/2019 at 08:16, peeved87 said:

Thanks to rocket aka John and his images myself and someone skilled in fabrication, converted the armorer works drum mag.

Tested this weekend in game rather than proper testing the gas amount came close to the amount of bbs and it left a great smile against hpas and aegs alike.

So many are interested in the MWS when they hear it and well they should be. Still semi auto is the only way to use this for perfection

Now just to tidy up the drum and paint

IMG_20190824_124245.jpg

Hello,

Let me introduce myself, I am an spanish airsofter for a few years now, mainly  HPA and GBB.. I have owned several GBBRs, transformed them into HPA... 

Now I have some HPAs (MTW, JGBar10 with mancraft, LMG Stoner with Inferno Gen2), some Pistols (Hi Capa 4.3 and Marui 5-7) and 2 Marui MWS.

I LOVE our MWS.... but in some cases the amount of bbs we have availablo in our mags... can't stand in front of Hicaps and mid caps...

If I am allowed to ask, the picture I am quoating of a drum mag, is an adaptation of an AEG drum to our MWS with HPA??

thanks!!

And also thanks for this thread!!

51 minutes ago, pulguitel said:

Hello,

Let me introduce myself, I am an spanish airsofter for a few years now, mainly  HPA and GBB.. I have owned several GBBRs, transformed them into HPA... 

Now I have some HPAs (MTW, JGBar10 with mancraft, LMG Stoner with Inferno Gen2), some Pistols (Hi Capa 4.3 and Marui 5-7) and 2 Marui MWS.

I LOVE our MWS.... but in some cases the amount of bbs we have availablo in our mags... can't stand in front of Hicaps and mid caps...

If I am allowed to ask, the picture I am quoating of a drum mag, is an adaptation of an AEG drum to our MWS with HPA??

thanks!!

And also thanks for this thread!!

I dont think it is HPA. It is just a modified gas drum mag so you can use it on tm mws

I have recently purchased a HPA drum mag for mws tho. Will let you guys know once I receive it hahaha. 

41 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

I dont think it is HPA. It is just a modified gas drum mag so you can use it on tm mws

I have recently purchased a HPA drum mag for mws tho. Will let you guys know once I receive it hahaha. 

thanks for the answer, I have serached with google (I should have done it first, sorry) and it is a gas drum mag, you are right.

Can you share the link of the hpa mag you have purchased? thanks!!

2 hours ago, pulguitel said:

thanks for the answer, I have serached with google (I should have done it first, sorry) and it is a gas drum mag, you are right.

Can you share the link of the hpa mag you have purchased? thanks!!

Hi,

I ordered mine from this website https://alyanairsoft.com/

You need to email them and tell them you want a hpa drum mag for tm m4 mws gbb. (they dont have this listed on the website.)

It will take a while for them to make one and send it to you. They are going to ship mine to me today.

Will take some pictures when i receive it :P

So guys, just an update on using the W.E and MWS NPAS (silver one)

Its outer diameter is larger then the inner diameter of my nozzle causing it to get stuck and sending all the gas into the blowback function and none down the barrel.

Hi everyone, I'm a gbbr newbie looking to buy a TM M4A1 but have a question about aftermarket rail compatibility.

I can get the M4A1 "carbine" non-mws version for cheap(the one with commando style foregrip and carrying handle mounted on the upper), and was wondering if the G&P DD MK18 front set would fit onto this version of the gun. I'm talking about fitting this: http://www.gp-web.com/product/marui-mws-dd-mk18-front-set-black/ onto the upper of this:

spacer.png

Thanks in advance for any help, and I apologize if this was already brought up before.

15 hours ago, Softcore said:

Hi everyone, I'm a gbbr newbie looking to buy a TM M4A1 but have a question about aftermarket rail compatibility.

I can get the M4A1 "carbine" non-mws version for cheap(the one with commando style foregrip and carrying handle mounted on the upper), and was wondering if the G&P DD MK18 front set would fit onto this version of the gun. I'm talking about fitting this: http://www.gp-web.com/product/marui-mws-dd-mk18-front-set-black/ onto the upper of this:

spacer.png

Thanks in advance for any help, and I apologize if this was already brought up before.

it will definitely fit as it is advertised for tm m4 mws.

hope it helps

Thanks, I was wondering because there's no mws markings on the packaging for the carbine version, but from everything I've seen online and just looking at the barrel nut it looks identical between all versions(carbine, mws and block1). Better safe then sorry though. One more thing I noticed looking at the above pic is that one could probably take the ris rails off an mws and put it onto the carbine version without unscrewing anything. Too bad they're not sold separately.

1 hour ago, Softcore said:

Thanks, I was wondering because there's no mws markings on the packaging for the carbine version, but from everything I've seen online and just looking at the barrel nut it looks identical between all versions(carbine, mws and block1). Better safe then sorry though. One more thing I noticed looking at the above pic is that one could probably take the ris rails off an mws and put it onto the carbine version without unscrewing anything. Too bad they're not sold separately.

I cant remember how to remove the rail on the original mws now its been a while but its not that hard. 

I am not too sure if you need a barrel nut adapter(?) cant really remember what its called. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spear-Barrel-Adapter-Marui-Airsoft/dp/B01M349CHJ something like this

1 hour ago, bapexxx said:

I am not too sure if you need a barrel nut adapter(?) cant really remember what its called. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spear-Barrel-Adapter-Marui-Airsoft/dp/B01M349CHJ something like this

I believe the adapter is only necessary if I leave the original barrel on, right? The G&P MK18 front set has a shorter barrel with adequate spacing to mount the rail. I assume all I'd have to do is to remove the original barrel and mounting, put the inner barrel into the new outer barrel and screw everything in place. One thing that worries me is the hop up adjustment while removing the inner barrel and reattaching it - is complicated to remove the dial mechanism?

5 minutes ago, Softcore said:

I believe the adapter is only necessary if I leave the original barrel on, right? The G&P MK18 front set has a shorter barrel with adequate spacing to mount the rail. I assume all I'd have to do is to remove the original barrel and mounting, put the inner barrel into the new outer barrel and screw everything in place. One thing that worries me is the hop up adjustment while removing the inner barrel and reattaching it - is complicated to remove the dial mechanism?

You can always buy the adapter later lol if it doesnt fit properly.

As for the hop up bit you dont need to worry. You kinda just yank the outer barrel and inner barrel out from the upper receiver. When you put everything back just make sure the hop up arm is in the right place. What I did was to set the hop up to the max using the dial  (so there is a bigger gap and it is easier to place the hop up arm back into place). 

On 11/09/2019 at 13:14, Whisky1 said:

So guys, just an update on using the W.E and MWS NPAS (silver one)

Its outer diameter is larger then the inner diameter of my nozzle causing it to get stuck and sending all the gas into the blowback function and none down the barrel.

Yeah I ordered the marui one and they sent me the we (silver one) what I did was modify the follower plastic piece by removing slivers of it. Untill the npas adjuster plate sat flush at the back of the opening. And now it functions perfectly. Fully open I was getting 1.61 joule 98m/s on .40bbs yesterday evening.

I'll try and show with pictures!

Hopefully this helps. As it'll save you some time and money on a new npas

IMG_20190917_203928.jpg

IMG_20190917_203754.jpg

I've buyed this alum stock for my mtr16 marui but it doesn't fit , the thread is diferent . So as i am ready to buy another gbb and it will be obviously a mws , somebody should tell me that is the mws buffer tube is identical to the mtr16 ( if he was the same thread) .

20190918_155212.jpg

Ok... STUPID QUESTION ALERT! (so bear with me).

Which way do you turn the hop-up dial to increase/decrease the amount of pressure applied to the nub?

From trying to decipher the Japanese manual it looks to me like:

1) Rotate the dial forward towards the barrel-end to reduce pressure on the nub (open up the hop rubber)

2) Rotate the dial backwards toward the stock end to increase pressure on the nub (‘pinch’ the hop rubber)

Is that correct?

I’ve been using my MWS as stock since I bought it and haven’t yet needed to adjust the hop-up (been firing 0.25s straight and true), but am now switching up to heavier BBs and need to do some fiddling 🙂

PS: for anyone familiar with guitars this feels very much like messing with a truss rod!

1 minute ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Ok... STUPID QUESTION ALERT! (so bear with me).

Which way do you turn the hop-up dial to increase/decrease the amount of pressure applied to the nub?

From trying to decipher the Japanese manual it looks to me like:

1) Rotate the dial forward towards the barrel-end to reduce pressure on the nub (open up the hop rubber)

2) Rotate the dial backwards toward the stock end to increase pressure on the nub (‘pinch’ the hop rubber)

Is that correct?

I’ve been using my MWS as stock since I bought it and haven’t yet needed to adjust the hop-up (been firing 0.25s straight and true), but am now switching up to heavier BBs and need to do some fiddling 🙂

PS: for anyone familiar with guitars this feels very much like messing with a truss rod!

Hahaha hilarious. I was literally just sitting here thinking I need to start noting down which way my gun hop units function because everyone I get back from a game I can’t remember which way is off.

The MWS is down to turn off/reduce the pressure on the nub. Also with the MWS bbs will roll out the barrel of its off completely and you hold it facing the floor.

Now I just need to remember which way is off for my TM MP7 GBB and TM HK45

To increase the hop, you drag your finger across the dial from the front of the gun to the rear. If you’re right handed then it would be counter clockwise. 

@RossF the mp7 has an arrow on the black hop wheel for the direction

15 hours ago, RossF said:

Hahaha hilarious. I was literally just sitting here thinking I need to start noting down which way my gun hop units function because everyone I get back from a game I can’t remember which way is off.

The MWS is down to turn off/reduce the pressure on the nub. Also with the MWS bbs will roll out the barrel of its off completely and you hold it facing the floor.

Now I just need to remember which way is off for my TM MP7 GBB and TM HK45

I totally understand your pain hahaha. For me I always look at the little bump that the hop up arm creates. If I turn the dial to one direction and the bump is getting smaller then i know that direction is reducing the hop lol. Stupid I know but that works for me and I dont need to remember which way i need to turn the dial lol