THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Hello everyone,

I want to share some MWS progress with you. After multiple reading of whole thread i decided to do some upgrades. 

First upgrade was ORGA LEX05 BARREL (371mm, 6,05mm)SixG nub and Modify tan Bucking - No so much FPS boost, but I was able to shoot heavier BB - Basic and most important upgrade.

DSC_1751.thumb.JPG.f231a29431430cb6e7444d4e4880a422.JPG

After that I decided to do some externals upgrades. I chose Magpul because I totally love it! This is result. I am so satisfied.

_20190825_193807.thumb.JPG.c7e763fe0ff3e4c9991bd1a25187bdd2.JPG

Now it is performance boost time 🙂 Thanks to @Kayzeroth and his great performance post. I followed his experience and install folowing parts:

G&P CNC Enhanced Nozzle Valve for Marui MWS ( 5.0 ) https://shop.jkarmy.com/g-p-cnc-enhanced-nozzle-valve-for-marui-mws-4-8.html

Dynamic Precision Enhanced Sealing Buffer For TM M4A1 MWS https://shop.jkarmy.com/dynamic-precision-enhanced-sealing-buffer-for-tm-m4a1-mws.html

Dynamic Precision Enhanced Nozzle Spring Set For TM M4A1 MWS https://shop.jkarmy.com/dynamic-precision-enhanced-nozzle-spring-set-for-tm-m4a1-mws.html

This is results for me with green gas:

DSC_1753.thumb.JPG.6b0e3dd3800157502973d215e41d7ff4.JPG

The last upgrade was Airsoft Innovations GunGas propane Adaptor and with propane I get interesting FPS boost (but I lost by mistake photo with FPS and have only one with m/s but it is around 490 FPS

DSC_1805.thumb.JPG.f6e481a52e6f0a34f75d9513137e4f68.JPG

Now I have a dream. Dreams name is mk12 MOD1. Its soooo beautiful. I want types used in Iraq and Afganistan by US forces... Something like that...

USMC-090509-M-9706A-177.thumb.jpg.1c2b8be4319cd0d0f9f07d45f9e93634.jpg

So I need longer inner barrel, Scope, Harris Bipod, silencer and of course mk12 MOD1 kit.

I discover graet copy of Leupold M3 scope and now its the first part that I have home. Its super cool.

DSC_1804.thumb.JPG.81e69c1e05c4a0ba3e2b9852e3cc510c.JPG

Mk12 kit is on the way I find some Monster MK12 MOD1 Kit for TM M4 MWS GBB with Fixed Stock from ModelWork Airsoft

Bipod is easy to find. Many Harris style bipods are available.

But I have some troubles with barrel. I have Orga and its great. Now I need at least 410mm. I want to try Prometheus but I dont find any longer than 370mm. Have you any advices which one should I use?

I know that @Wo1f had his own mk12 project. Do you have some advices for me? I will update my progress and problems with building this dream build.

In the end I want again thank to all great people in this thread who share their experiences and advices! 

Thanks to rocket aka John and his images myself and someone skilled in fabrication, converted the armorer works drum mag.

Tested this weekend in game rather than proper testing the gas amount came close to the amount of bbs and it left a great smile against hpas and aegs alike.

So many are interested in the MWS when they hear it and well they should be. Still semi auto is the only way to use this for perfection

Now just to tidy up the drum and paint

IMG_20190824_124245.jpg

1 hour ago, peeved87 said:

Thanks to rocket aka John and his images myself and someone skilled in fabrication, converted the armorer works drum mag.

Tested this weekend in game rather than proper testing the gas amount came close to the amount of bbs and it left a great smile against hpas and aegs alike.

So many are interested in the MWS when they hear it and well they should be. Still semi auto is the only way to use this for perfection

Now just to tidy up the drum and paint

IMG_20190824_124245.jpg

Awesome, glad you got it sorted mate, little lick of paint and it’s there (and maybe some black rubbers)

@LEGXGPF Orga do a 410mm, but a prometheus 370 should work really well too. Unless the kit is machined badly, you shouldn't need the barrel to come right to the end of the inner barrel. do you need a suppressor for it? I have a spare Z-parts mk12 suppressor laying around 

5 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

@LEGXGPF Orga do a 410mm, but a prometheus 370 should work really well too. Unless the kit is machined badly, you shouldn't need the barrel to come right to the end of the inner barrel. do you need a suppressor for it? I have a spare Z-parts mk12 suppressor laying around 

I wait for kit and I will see. Yeah I am looking for the suppresor. But I have read a few posts about problems with compatibility between flash hiders and suppresors. Anyway I have to try it so yes, I am interested 😉

10 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Awesome, glad you got it sorted mate, little lick of paint and it’s there (and maybe some black rubbers)

Yeah I wish the black was available

Thanks again!

On 25/08/2019 at 21:14, LEGXGPF said:

Hello everyone,

I want to share some MWS progress with you. After multiple reading of whole thread i decided to do some upgrades. 

First upgrade was ORGA LEX05 BARREL (371mm, 6,05mm)SixG nub and Modify tan Bucking - No so much FPS boost, but I was able to shoot heavier BB - Basic and most important upgrade.

DSC_1751.thumb.JPG.f231a29431430cb6e7444d4e4880a422.JPG

After that I decided to do some externals upgrades. I chose Magpul because I totally love it! This is result. I am so satisfied.

_20190825_193807.thumb.JPG.c7e763fe0ff3e4c9991bd1a25187bdd2.JPG

Now it is performance boost time 🙂 Thanks to @Kayzeroth and his great performance post. I followed his experience and install folowing parts:

G&P CNC Enhanced Nozzle Valve for Marui MWS ( 5.0 ) https://shop.jkarmy.com/g-p-cnc-enhanced-nozzle-valve-for-marui-mws-4-8.html

Dynamic Precision Enhanced Sealing Buffer For TM M4A1 MWS https://shop.jkarmy.com/dynamic-precision-enhanced-sealing-buffer-for-tm-m4a1-mws.html

Dynamic Precision Enhanced Nozzle Spring Set For TM M4A1 MWS https://shop.jkarmy.com/dynamic-precision-enhanced-nozzle-spring-set-for-tm-m4a1-mws.html

This is results for me with green gas:

DSC_1753.thumb.JPG.6b0e3dd3800157502973d215e41d7ff4.JPG

The last upgrade was Airsoft Innovations GunGas propane Adaptor and with propane I get interesting FPS boost (but I lost by mistake photo with FPS and have only one with m/s but it is around 490 FPS

DSC_1805.thumb.JPG.f6e481a52e6f0a34f75d9513137e4f68.JPG

Now I have a dream. Dreams name is mk12 MOD1. Its soooo beautiful. I want types used in Iraq and Afganistan by US forces... Something like that...

USMC-090509-M-9706A-177.thumb.jpg.1c2b8be4319cd0d0f9f07d45f9e93634.jpg

So I need longer inner barrel, Scope, Harris Bipod, silencer and of course mk12 MOD1 kit.

I discover graet copy of Leupold M3 scope and now its the first part that I have home. Its super cool.

DSC_1804.thumb.JPG.81e69c1e05c4a0ba3e2b9852e3cc510c.JPG

Mk12 kit is on the way I find some Monster MK12 MOD1 Kit for TM M4 MWS GBB with Fixed Stock from ModelWork Airsoft

Bipod is easy to find. Many Harris style bipods are available.

But I have some troubles with barrel. I have Orga and its great. Now I need at least 410mm. I want to try Prometheus but I dont find any longer than 370mm. Have you any advices which one should I use?

I know that @Wo1f had his own mk12 project. Do you have some advices for me? I will update my progress and problems with building this dream build.

In the end I want again thank to all great people in this thread who share their experiences and advices! 

How hard is it to install these parts? I’ve never gone that deep into a GBBR before, and I’ve learnt from what little modding I’ve done that nothing comes with instructions, even illustrations..

Difficulty is relative, do find changing a lightbulb difficult or rebuilding an engine?

Seriously though MWSs in particular are pretty easy to swap out parts on, there is a wealth of 'how toos' on Youtube etc.

The most important thing is remember what order things came apart and keep everything organised and safe.

Furthermore it's good practice to know how to strip down your BCG on a GBBR for basic service and maintenance

20 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Difficulty is relative, do find changing a lightbulb difficult or rebuilding an engine?

Seriously though MWSs in particular are pretty easy to swap out parts on, there is a wealth of 'how toos' on Youtube etc.

The most important thing is remember what order things came apart and keep everything organised and safe.

Furthermore it's good practice to know how to strip down your BCG on a GBBR for basic service and maintenance

I guess the correct phrasing would have been how intuitive is it to install these upgrades as without instructions you only have intuition!

If there’s nothing massively challenging to trip me up I’ll give it a go.

3 hours ago, RossF said:

How hard is it to install these parts? I’ve never gone that deep into a GBBR before, and I’ve learnt from what little modding I’ve done that nothing comes with instructions, even illustrations..

I have done it for the first time and I make it... I find these youtube video that maybee help you:

And this is super usefull. Complete assembly and disassembly of TM MWS playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJaL5S8Y_3AHFd1nWMkqtQ

Hope it help you to decide difficulty level of instalation these parts.

6 hours ago, LEGXGPF said:

I have done it for the first time and I make it... I find these youtube video that maybee help you:

And this is super usefull. Complete assembly and disassembly of TM MWS playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJaL5S8Y_3AHFd1nWMkqtQ

Hope it help you to decide difficulty level of instalation these parts.

Thanks! The Eagle6 videos are awesome too. Shows everything being disassembled and reassembled.

Quick tip for those who don’t already know. You can get YouTube to translate videos like that MWS takedown one into English. I think you need to be on a computer - at least it doesn’t work on my iphone. Go to settings and turn on captions in Chinese (or whatever language). Then go back in to settings and their should be a “translate” option that will now automatically translate the Chinese captions into English. It’s not perfect but enough to get a sense of what the guy is saying.

Really struggling to get the pin out of the silver part of the nozzle spring set (see image), anyone else had difficulties? I want to change the nozzle spring to an uprated one so the stock one doesn't break on me during game day. The other pin on the black end comes out fine.

20190830_165019.jpg

26 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

Really struggling to get the pin out of the silver part of the nozzle spring set (see image), anyone else had difficulties? I want to change the nozzle spring to an uprated one so the stock one doesn't break on me during game day. The other pin on the black end comes out fine.

20190830_165019.jpg

I used vice grips to hold it while I punched out the pin, but really any decent clamp will do. Just make sure to use a rag or something between the clamp and the nozzle piece to prevent damage.

Hey everyone,

I’ve just read through the 75 pages of this thread following recommendations off the Facebook group.

I think what would be amazing here would be to collate all the useful into a more organised format.

Whilst a lot of the info is good, the majority of it is waffle and it makes near impossible reading for anyone looking to get the good information out of the thread.

Here’s my MK12 zet which is based on the Z-parts kit, which I have to say is absolutely gorgeous with the steel barrel and correct trades etc.

I’m still undecided on whether to keep the crane stock or go fixed A2 style.

Unlike most in this thread, I’m yet to modify the mags as I’ve heard mixed opinions and I’m sure the tubes are there for a reason, plus whilst they’re rare as rocking horse shit I’d rather not take a chance!

Cheers

Jack 

59FAFA9F-9C9D-4E5D-9ECC-0A9B11451263.jpeg

47 minutes ago, jackd787 said:

Hey everyone,

I’ve just read through the 75 pages of this thread following recommendations off the Facebook group.

I think what would be amazing here would be to collate all the useful into a more organised format.

Whilst a lot of the info is good, the majority of it is waffle and it makes near impossible reading for anyone looking to get the good information out of the thread.

Here’s my MK12 zet which is based on the Z-parts kit, which I have to say is absolutely gorgeous with the steel barrel and correct trades etc.

I’m still undecided on whether to keep the crane stock or go fixed A2 style.

Unlike most in this thread, I’m yet to modify the mags as I’ve heard mixed opinions and I’m sure the tubes are there for a reason, plus whilst they’re rare as rocking horse shit I’d rather not take a chance!

Cheers

Jack 

59FAFA9F-9C9D-4E5D-9ECC-0A9B11451263.jpeg

It’s funny you say that. I’ve done exactly that into a Google doc that I share with people from time to time. I was thinking of posting it as a new thread and requesting it be made sticky.

You sir deserve a medal and that is one hell of an idea 

4 minutes ago, RossF said:

For anybody that wants it, here is the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10RLbvPbq-HXDayhcAIPHgoSTcFIcd3Q5PKZc288_tL0

Anyone with the link can edit the document so we can use it as a wiki.

If you guys think it’ll be helpful let me know and I’ll post and request sticky.

Great Summary, might want to change the permission on that, I imagine a few of those forum spammers could deface it.

Have changed from edit permissions to comment permission and maybe every week or so I’ll add comments into the doc. If it becomes unmanageable I’ll go back to edit permissions and we can always revert if someone ruins it.

13 hours ago, RossF said:

For anybody that wants it, here is the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10RLbvPbq-HXDayhcAIPHgoSTcFIcd3Q5PKZc288_tL0

Anyone with the link can edit the document so we can use it as a wiki.

If you guys think it’ll be helpful let me know and I’ll post and request sticky.

Great job Man!!! 

Forgot to post the finale on my M4 "RS" build.

Been using it for 5+ games now and finally happy with it. 

Tried a bunch of barrels and rubbers but finally ended up running a prommy 6.03 barrel and a prommy purple bucking. Now it goes straight and as consistent a GBBR can (I think)

Externally there has been zero issues, but internally there has been some. 

1. Almost smashed up my bolt against the upper ring on the ... lower. The RS buffer tube is a bit longer internally than the TM buffer so the bolt travels to far back and hits the lower. Spacer in and that problem was solved.

2. Guns modify nozzle v.2 has been acting up. On several occasions the nozzle valve either gets stuck completely or to much resistance making a jump from 1,75 joule to 2,6 joule and over-gassing everything. Stock TM nozzle rectified the issue so far.

So a final post with pics on it. If you have questions regarding the re-threading etc feel free to ask. I will answer as soon as I see it.

IMG_20190603_175254.jpg

IMG_20190608_002717.jpg

IMG_20190608_010242.jpg

IMG_20190613_184037.jpg

IMG_20190613_205306.jpg

IMG_20190613_211038.jpg

IMG_20190613_211200.jpg

IMG_20190708_195622.jpg

IMG_20190708_195643.jpg

IMG_20190708_195711.jpg

IMG_20190708_195720.jpg

IMG_20190708_195726.jpg