THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

27 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

I must admit, I tried a GHK one thinking that it would a safe bet... Marui 1 : 0 GHK 😂

im using the marui speedloader. i find it quite hard to load the bb into the mag :/ maybe im doing it wrong haha. btw hows the npas?

7 hours ago, Softairer said:

Don't know why so many people have problems with speedloaders, I use the m4 mag sized tm speedloader for my mws and have never had an issue 🤷‍♂️. My mags are well used however.

On a side note bought 2 hurricane warmag loaders for a friend and I and what a pile of crap they were. The handle on my friends one snapped after 2 games and my one had to be modified with an oring to stop the bbs falling out of the loading hole.  The action of loading is rough at best and will not load a full mag.

I have an Odin speedloader for my ngrs and considering the price was the same as the warmag the difference in quality/function/reliability is like night and day.

I bought the same one . Now the company ( softair) i think it was were brilliant infact i ordered it in the morning and by the following afternoon i had it . Absolutely stunned by the speed and quality of there service , on the other hand cant say the same about the warmag . Utter garbage . I even split mone apart to see if i could mod it to work better sadly no , bbs fall out when you move it around the actions very jerky and rough . I just went back to a tm speed loader ( seems to be the only one that can handle the mws stiff mag springs ). But the p mags ive just bought you could throw a bb at them and they would load haha . 

Has any one had issues with trigger reset? Mainly having issues with getting this Guns Modify flat trigger working. New Dynamic precision trigger trigger springs. Used an air file at work to carefully take some of the surface off either side and the four corners.

The trigger works. But if you reset the sears with the trigger held in, It sticks. And takes a verrrryyy gently push to reset it. Im guessing I need to file off some more, which ill be doing tomorrow.

Oddly, if I put the stock trigger in, it does the same. 

Question: how durable is the often-recommended Modify (Tan) Hop Up Bucking?

Reason I ask is because I'm reading mixed reports about them in various reviews and on forums (including some mentions in this thread of them failing much earlier than expected).

• So does the Modify Tan suffer from QA issues that make it prone to failure?
  • Those of you use this bucking: how often are you having to replace it on average? (perhaps you've never had to replace it...).

Interested to hear some first-hand experience from folks here. Partly because I trust you guys! (I'm a fool, I know). And also because I'm aware that problems tend to get over-reported in online product reviews, so those I've read might not be giving the most balanced picture.

Cheers for any input on this 🍺

16 minutes ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Question: how durable is the often-recommended Modify (Tan) Hop Up Bucking?

Reason I ask is because I'm reading mixed reports about them in various reviews and on forums (including some mentions in this thread of them failing much earlier than expected).

• So does the Modify Tan suffer from QA issues that make it prone to failure?
  • Those of you use this bucking: how often are you having to replace it on average? (perhaps you've never had to replace it...).

Interested to hear some first-hand experience from folks here. Partly because I trust you guys! (I'm a fool, I know). And also because I'm aware that problems tend to get over-reported in online product reviews, so those I've read might not be giving the most balanced picture.

Cheers for any input on this 🍺

I’ve tried two. First failed after a few hundred rounds, second I had feeding issue with.... I haven’t been impressed but it might be my fault....

In reference to buckings, I will replace my buckings in my rifles every 10/15 at a push game days. I see them as a very consumable part and if you want accuracy you’ve got to pay for a bucking every so often. 

14 hours ago, Jimmeh said:

I’ve tried two. First failed after a few hundred rounds, second I had feeding issue with.... I haven’t been impressed but it might be my fault....

Hmm, thanks... that fits with some similar experiences I’d read about elsewhere (early failure of this particular rubber). Out of interest, what weight of BB were you using and what type of gas?

10 hours ago, DopeYourScope said:

In reference to buckings, I will replace my buckings in my rifles every 10/15 at a push game days. I see them as a very consumable part and if you want accuracy you’ve got to pay for a bucking every so often. 

Wow, that’s more frequent than I’d expected! When I first ran a GBB (few years ago) I don’t think I ever changed the hop rubber once... which may explain why my aim was so bad 🙂

Definitely need to improve on my maintenance regime, it seems...

The likes of silicone and soft rubber buckings are only really any use in the very cold.

They are not tough enough to put up with the shear mechanical rogering they get from GBBRs

They work best in bolt action rifles due to the gentle seating/insertion of the loading nozzle.

Stock TM buckings and PDI (which do not work in the MWS for the record) are best suited to GBB guns.

The only real benefit of the Modify and some other silicone / soft buckings is better shot consistency through better bucking-to-loading-nozzle sealing, which gives a more consistent FPS.

So that improves shot consistency on the vertical plane.

This can also be achieved by seating the nozzle more firmly into the bucking with a stronger Recoil spring or HSB Spacer.

There is negligible improvement over a stock TM bucking on the horizontal plane.

2 hours ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Hmm, thanks... that fits with some similar experiences I’d read about elsewhere (early failure of this particular rubber). Out of interest, what weight of BB were you using and what type of gas?

At the time I was using 0.36g Longbows and ASG Ultrair (might have been Guarder Black if it was cold).

Just recieved the TM XL 470 speedloader, can confirm the gas magazine attachment that flips from the underside works well with the MWS magazines.

Feel really stupid for blowing about £50 on the HURRICANE loader when i got this for £16.

Hey Guys

It is quite hard to find info on this, but would this rail fit a TM MWS without any additional parts?

https://www.evike.com/products/66003/

Carbine Length AEG Rail

I read somewhere that the rail would have to be AEG Spec?

Is this true?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Edited by DeltaSniper
Missing Link

• Supporters
On 20/08/2019 at 22:49, Cipher-032 said:

Has any one had issues with trigger reset? Mainly having issues with getting this Guns Modify flat trigger working. New Dynamic precision trigger trigger springs. Used an air file at work to carefully take some of the surface off either side and the four corners.

The trigger works. But if you reset the sears with the trigger held in, It sticks. And takes a verrrryyy gently push to reset it. Im guessing I need to file off some more, which ill be doing tomorrow.

Oddly, if I put the stock trigger in, it does the same. 

I had this issue as well.

Bought a UAC flat head trigger in gold.

It fitted ok into the ZET trigger box but when test firing it on semi i had to push the trigger forwards by about 1 mm for the sears to properly reset so i could fire off another shot. no matter the filing and lubricating i did i could not sort this out and so reverted back to the stock trigger which worked fine since i didn't modify the stock ZET trigger box.

So doing some shooting earlier and my nozzle spring snapped...

So I'm thinking order the guns modify complete spring set so have spare springs, or do I go for the guns modify complete nozzle set?

Anyone else had this issue and how did you resolve it?

Cheers guys.

44 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

I'd just get a spring set - "if it ain't broke don't fix it", the TM nozzles etc are all good / don't have a track record of cracking etc and fit perfectly obv

Awesome this was my first thought.

Cheers Dave.

22 hours ago, Uncle Pauly said:

So the best option, in terms of overall durability/longevity, would be to stick with the standard Tokyo Marui bucking in the MWS. I assume your brass Super Nub also works fine with the TM rubber?

Soz yes the Super Nub performs best with conventional mound buckings like the TM one

14 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Soz yes the Super Nub performs best with conventional mound buckings like the TM one

Thanks Dave. That's ideal, as I plan to stick with the standard TM hop rubber.

Unrelated… and a question for anyone here… but what’s the deal with the reinforced nozzles? I see them cropping up in people’s “look at all this stuff I’m going to install!” photos. But they don’t seem to get a mention anywhere in the discussion. Are they a worthwhile upgrade, maybe for running red gas? Or are people just installing them for ‘completeness’?

Speaking of which, here’s how I plan to modify the internals of my own MWS. I’m going to be running it on green gas (with modded mags) and want a good balance between performance and durability. If any of these parts seem redundant / not worth installing - or if any useful parts are missing from the list (?) - then please let me know. Thanks guys 👍

Angry Gun Super Recoil Buffer kit (High Speed)
DP Aluminium Lightweight Bolt Carrier
Angry Gun Steel Bolt Stop Plate
DP Enhanced Nozzle Spring Set
UAC Enhanced Sealing Buffer
UAC Match Trigger

WIITECH Hardened Steel Trigger Disconnector

SixG Super Nub (with standard TM hop-up rubber)

On 24/08/2019 at 05:51, Sm00thH0und said:

FYI one mag left in stock:

https://wolfarmouries.co.uk/tokyo-marui-m4a1-mws-gbb-magazine-35rd.html

Soon to be a member of the club.... Finally finished the thread, great info and sold me on the MWS.

Thx all!

Just checked they’ll only sell the last mag with a rifle... so when you buy your new MWS you can carry a total of 70rnds 😂

on the note of mags, I’ve got 3 on backorder with defcon hopefully they get them back in by the end of September I’ve got a 48hr game coming up.

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

Just checked they’ll only sell the last mag with a rifle... so when you buy your new MWS you can carry a total of 70rnds 😂

on the note of mags, I’ve got 3 on backorder with defcon hopefully they get them back in by the end of September I’ve got a 48hr game coming up.

Rainbow 8 have them in stock