THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

6 minutes ago, Boristhedriver said:

Anyone heading to NAF next week?

From experience I'm gonna say don't even bother trying to run anything with limited ammo there. Even the staff there have admitted to me it's pointless to run anything other than hi-caps.

Back on topic a while back I was talking to someone on here about about acquiring a stock TM MWS inner barrel with an eye towards cutting it down. 

1 hour ago, hunter511 said:

From experience I'm gonna say don't even bother trying to run anything with limited ammo there. Even the staff there have admitted to me it's pointless to run anything other than hi-caps.

Back on topic a while back I was talking to someone on here about about acquiring a stock TM MWS inner barrel with an eye towards cutting it down. 

If you’re looking for one, I have my stock inner tucked away in the packaging my tightbore came in. DM me if you’d like it.

2 hours ago, Boristhedriver said:

Anyone heading to NAF next week?

I was going to go but decided against it last minute, I have done it 3 years in a row and the first two years I got some great action and some amazing moments with my bolt action. But last year was such a shit show there was a mass of cheating, aggressive behaviour and just too many people for the size of the site. That being said the party's and meeting new people is always great. 

I will definitely go back in a few years but for now I feel it's just not for me, plus I'm going to book myself in for a day at south coast cqb on September 1st instead 😁

I'm heading off there. Third consecutive year. 

High caps UMP last year, but will give the gbb a try. Besides, my drum mag should be ready then. Cut the mws mag shell and mill, then glue

Been following the thread for a while . Heres my pew pew . Just waiting on a modify tan to arrive . Then im gonna give that a go . At the mo internals wise 

285 crazy jet barrel ( may swap if anyone has a better recommendation )

Autobot bucking ( as wolf mentioned gets chewed up very easily and the range drops massively  )

Daves SixG nun 

Heavy kick kit 

Uac lightweight bolt carrier

Upgraded nozzle and spring set 

Troy trx 10" rail

Magpul stock

MGrips im not sure of 

20190818_174448.jpg

1 minute ago, Jacket said:

Like it. Is that rail buy Madbull? Thinking of getting the same, did it go on ok?

It is the madbull one . It gos on a hell of alot simpler than other  rails . You get 2 adapters you just screw it on then nup it up with the rail as it has splines on it then 2 locking tabs keep it centred 

@Dread68 you might be good with the maple leaf autobot with the crazy jet barrel. I found it caught the front of the orga, but the barrel is made for that bucking. 

16 hours ago, Dread68 said:

Been following the thread for a while . Heres my pew pew . Just waiting on a modify tan to arrive . Then im gonna give that a go . At the mo internals wise 

285 crazy jet barrel ( may swap if anyone has a better recommendation )

Autobot bucking ( as wolf mentioned gets chewed up very easily and the range drops massively  )

Daves SixG nun 

Heavy kick kit 

Uac lightweight bolt carrier

Upgraded nozzle and spring set 

Troy trx 10" rail

Magpul stock

MGrips im not sure of 

20190818_174448.jpg

I can see that you use Iron airsoft Pmag... how do you make them to work with the gun? the pmag doesnt even go into the magwell properly and wont lock in place :/

17 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

I can see that you use Iron airsoft Pmag... how do you make them to work with the gun? the pmag doesnt even go into the magwell properly and wont lock in place 😕

Never had a problem with them they slip straight in and lock into place . I had read some had a issue with the mag catch not locking in . But the fix was to make the small hole larger on the pmag 

3 minutes ago, Dread68 said:

Never had a problem with them they slip straight in and lock into place . I had read some had a issue with the mag catch not locking in . But the fix was to make the small hole larger on the pmag 

thanks! which small hole is it? i might try that tonight.

Laylax quick charge, electric BB loader

So I bit the bullet and thought I'd try my luck. Laylax are a good brand and you would hope they get this right.... however, review time

Now my mags are new and very stiff. Even the plunger method is hard

The laylax was okay to set up. For some reason adding the mws attachment took two attempts in order to get the motor to work correctly with depression

Once working, it was time to try to test on a mag. It will fill only at a very precise angle. Probably 45° 

Does it fill completely? 1 in 5 attempts for different reasons.

More concerning is the markings left on the BB.

But I think I have it finally learnt it and will carry on. 

It needs field testing to see what affects it has on the BB flight and fill amount

Overall..2/5, but my pistol speed loader does nothing!

IMG_20190819_213951.jpg

IMG_20190819_214007.jpg

40 minutes ago, peeved87 said:

So I bit the bullet and thought I'd try my luck. Laylax are a good brand and you would hope they get this right.... however, review time

Now my mags are new and very stiff. Even the plunger method is hard

The laylax was okay to set up. For some reason adding the mws attachment took two attempts in order to get the motor to work correctly with depression

Once working, it was time to try to test on a mag. It will fill only at a very precise angle. Probably 45° 

Does it fill completely? 1 in 5 attempts for different reasons.

More concerning is the markings left on the BB.

But I think I have it finally learnt it and will carry on. 

It needs field testing to see what affects it has on the BB flight and fill amount

Overall..2/5, but my pistol speed loader does nothing!

IMG_20190819_213951.jpg

IMG_20190819_214007.jpg

I've just ordered the Marui XL 470 speedloader, fingers crossed it works like a few people on the internet have been saying.

41 minutes ago, peeved87 said:

Interesting review cheers for the info, does it have a button or is it automatic? (stops loading when it thinks it's full)

Just now, DopeYourScope said:

Interesting review cheers for the info, does it have a button or is it automatic? (stops loading when it thinks it's full)

Press down and load. It will stop when there's too much resistance. Might be better for pistol mags.

Perhaps I should have saved some money and got the xl

Don't know why so many people have problems with speedloaders, I use the m4 mag sized tm speedloader for my mws and have never had an issue 🤷‍♂️. My mags are well used however.

On a side note bought 2 hurricane warmag loaders for a friend and I and what a pile of crap they were. The handle on my friends one snapped after 2 games and my one had to be modified with an oring to stop the bbs falling out of the loading hole.  The action of loading is rough at best and will not load a full mag.

I have an Odin speedloader for my ngrs and considering the price was the same as the warmag the difference in quality/function/reliability is like night and day.

1 hour ago, Softairer said:

Don't know why so many people have problems with speedloaders, I use the m4 mag sized tm speedloader for my mws and have never had an issue 🤷‍♂️. My mags are well used however.

On a side note bought 2 hurricane warmag loaders for a friend and I and what a pile of crap they were. The handle on my friends one snapped after 2 games and my one had to be modified with an oring to stop the bbs falling out of the loading hole.  The action of loading is rough at best and will not load a full mag.

You answer your own question. Your mags are well used and there's a lot of shit on the market that don't do the job (warmag).

That's why it's troublesome. 

1 hour ago, peeved87 said:

You answer your own question. Your mags are well used and there's a lot of shit on the market that don't do the job (warmag).

That's why it's troublesome. 

i use a regular 10 euro speedloader (m4 style) with the gbbr cap and it works pretty well. sometimes i feel like im gonna break some bbs as you have to press it hard sometimes but when the spring breaks in im sure this is fixed. 

you could load your mags for a few hours to losen the spring if you want it to be well used faster 😛 

Does anybody have experience with building second set of upper receiver+barrel+handguard?

I am pretty confused as to what parts I will need. I ordered upper and forward assit (without the screw that is out of stock) so far. I saw some videos so I have vague idea of how the other parts look like but I have no idea what are they called or what number they have. Is there somewhere a plan of the gun with parts numbers?

24 minutes ago, itsme said:

i use a regular 10 euro speedloader (m4 style) with the gbbr cap and it works pretty well. sometimes i feel like im gonna break some bbs as you have to press it hard sometimes but when the spring breaks in im sure this is fixed. 

you could load your mags for a few hours to losen the spring if you want it to be well used faster 😛 

I load it manually. It adds some more realism 😄