THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, DopeYourScope said:

I thought that it had to be MWS specific however someone else like @Wo1f May be able to answer 

So when I was trawling through this thread before buying my MWS I saw somebody (I think W0lf) mention that RA-Tech do two NPAS, a silver one for WE that also fits the MWS and a black one specifically for the MWS. Apparently the black one holds it’s adjustment more consistently.

^What he said I said😂. The Black Mws specific one is the one you want really. I’ve never had any luck with the WE version when it comes to holding a stable FPS

6 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@bapexxx - Cheers for the heads up, to be honest I was hoping to get my hands on one in time to install it before Saturday but this maybe wishful thinking, haha. I'll definitely look up their website as I believe RA-Tech do a couple accessories/parts I was interested in.

Dude. I found it... if you want I can sell it to you as I'm not using it at the moment and you want it before saturday. Never used and never install on my m4. 

Also, I come across this just now...... emailing that guy and ask him how much for one.... 1500 rounds.... HPA..... UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAA

• Supporters
20 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@Shizbazki - I can't say I've ever really looked at the MWS as a full auto spray and pray kind of gun but I imagine there must be some out there who do, haha. Out of curiosity how many mag's do you run for longer events?

Oh in full auto skirmish battles im normally the one still toting my MWS, sneakily out flanking them and getting the rear end drop on them "pop, pop, pop" and all that.

In skirmish i only ever run 4 + 1 but carry a speed loader, a bag of BBs and Nuprol mini green gas canisters so i can field load the mags again if needed but i don't often reload out in the field.

16 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

i've tried the Hurricane loader from softair but that broke on me within 10 minutes of using it.

Yeah my speedloaded for the MWS failed spectacularly when the handle snapped, then whilst sitting for lunch it fell some 3 feet to a hard tiled floor and split the top of it open.

Useless cheap 3D printed piece of crap it was.

Anybody got any suggestions on eliminating the ”twang” from the recoil spring?

I’ve taken it out and put it back in a couple times but still get quite a twangy sound when firing.

34 minutes ago, RossF said:

Anybody got any suggestions on eliminating the ”twang” from the recoil spring?

I’ve taken it out and put it back in a couple times but still get quite a twangy sound when firing.

So I put the SixG buffer spacer in my cqbr and the twang has definitely be reduced. I do not notice it anymore.

1 hour ago, Whisky1 said:

So I put the SixG buffer spacer in my cqbr and the twang has definitely be reduced. I do not notice it anymore.

Interesting, I see the reduced twang is listed as a feature haha!

how have you found it otherwise in regards to the the feel? Does it reduce the recoil?

39 minutes ago, RossF said:

Interesting, I see the reduced twang is listed as a feature haha!

how have you found it otherwise in regards to the the feel? Does it reduce the recoil?

I've not noticed a reduction in recoil, it seems very good, I've not had much time to test but played a skirmish with it and it felt very snappy so I would say it's doing its job I always got a slight bump in fps.

Is there anyone bold enough to manufacture upper receiver? Its been pretty ling time since the last batch and I am loosing hope they will ever deliver some more. At the same time I would love to have two so I would have two settings (SBR and DMR) ready for any game. 

4 hours ago, M.a.r.v.i.n said:

Is there anyone bold enough to manufacture upper receiver? Its been pretty ling time since the last batch and I am loosing hope they will ever deliver some more. At the same time I would love to have two so I would have two settings (SBR and DMR) ready for any game. 

Wii-tech do some receiver parts, including uppers.

4 hours ago, M.a.r.v.i.n said:

Impulse 101 just got some upper receivers in....

Thought I’d post how mine’s looking atm as I just stuck on a new stock. The only thing left is I want to swap my 14” outer for a 16” but nowhere seem to have stock, then I can call it done. I might stick an npas in later but probably won’t.FAA79EB5-D62B-4B2C-B4B8-1EA28F05B505.thumb.jpeg.4da8136ae8bafca4e54660ee715050f4.jpeg 

2 minutes ago, RossF said:

Thought I’d post how mine’s looking atm as I just stuck on a new stock. The only thing left is I want to swap my 14” outer for a 16” but nowhere seem to have stock, then I can call it done. I might stick an npas in later but probably won’t.FAA79EB5-D62B-4B2C-B4B8-1EA28F05B505.thumb.jpeg.4da8136ae8bafca4e54660ee715050f4.jpeg 

That looks amazing man! I'm thinking of going the same route with my cqbr.

Have you looked into getting a barrel extension? as that is what I'm thing of doing if I go for a 11 inch rail over the 9.5.

15659741932287080740558223144487.thumb.jpg.0ee8432467b3ef7e9fcac172cb3accae.jpgSo I got two new mags from firesupport when they came in stock, and they seem longer than the old ones? 

Correction only one is longer? 😂

🤔

Edited by Whisky1
Correction

26 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

That looks amazing man! I'm thinking of going the same route with my cqbr.

Have you looked into getting a barrel extension? as that is what I'm thing of doing if I go for a 11 inch rail over the 9.5.

Thanks! Yeah I definitely want the 16” so I have a couple more inches protruding but literally nowhere seems to have them UK based anyway.

4 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

15659741932287080740558223144487.thumb.jpg.0ee8432467b3ef7e9fcac172cb3accae.jpgSo I got two new mags from firesupport when they came in stock, and they seem longer than the old ones? 

Correction only one is longer? 😂

🤔

Wtf? Are you sure this isn’t an optical illusion? What if you put them on top of each other. And did the box say M4 or Type 89/M4. Is the colour the same?

Just now, RossF said:

Thanks! Yeah I definitely want the 16” so I have a couple more inches protruding but literally nowhere seems to have them UK based anyway.

How about a 2inch barrel extension? I think PTS mate one.

34 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

How about a 2inch barrel extension? I think PTS mate one.

I had no idea they existed - thanks. Just googled... man do I hate airsoft parts shopping; I’ve found some and it’s just a picture of a brass horse shoe. How is that helpful? I have no idea how it functions haha.

18 minutes ago, RossF said:

I had no idea they existed - thanks. Just googled... man do I hate airsoft parts shopping; I’ve found some and it’s just a picture of a brass horse shoe. How is that helpful? I have no idea how it functions haha.

I don't know about those, but the extension I mean go on the threads at the muzzle. You could use any one that goes onto an 14ccw i believe.

10 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

I don't know about those, but the extension I mean go on the threads at the muzzle. You could use any one that goes onto an 14ccw i believe.

Oh I see - thanks I’ll have a look :)

37 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

Have you thought about running a suppressor and running the inner barrel through the suppressor?

My inner is 373mm so I don’t actually need a longer outer, I just prefer slightly more protrusion from the rail aesthetically. I also loathe suppressors. I’ll just run it as it is until I see a 16” or the extension somewhere, but I don’t have an issue with it as it currently is.

3 hours ago, RossF said:

My inner is 373mm so I don’t actually need a longer outer, I just prefer slightly more protrusion from the rail aesthetically. I also loathe suppressors. I’ll just run it as it is until I see a 16” or the extension somewhere, but I don’t have an issue with it as it currently is.

Look here https://airsoftpro.cz/en/gun-parts-upgrade/aeg-outer-spare-parts/m4-m16-parts/outer-barrels-m4-m16

There is extension 6,8cm that might suits you. 

57 minutes ago, M.a.r.v.i.n said:

Look here https://airsoftpro.cz/en/gun-parts-upgrade/aeg-outer-spare-parts/m4-m16-parts/outer-barrels-m4-m16

There is extension 6,8cm that might suits you. 

Thanks!