THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

On 03/08/2019 at 17:27, Uncle Pauly said:

I’ve found a retailer in Hong Kong that has them in stock:

http://www.icefoxes.com/tokyo-marui-m4a1-mws-35rd-gas-magazine

Quick update: just had a refund from Ice Foxes store with no explanation, so I guess they don't have MWS magazines in stock after all (or my filthy lucre wasn't good enough for them).

On 04/08/2019 at 11:36, RossF said:

@Uncle Pauly just a heads up the Type 89 mags are a blue-grey satin finish whereas the mags you’re looking for are Matt grey. You might not mind but I really do so thought I’d let you know.

Good to know, thanks. I think I'm going to patient and wait for the next batch of standard-style mags to be in stock.

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Quick update: just had a refund from Ice Foxes store with no explanation, so I guess they don't have MWS magazines in stock after all (or my filthy lucre wasn't good enough for them).

Good to know, thanks. I think I'm going to patient and wait for the next batch of standard-style mags to be in stock.

spacer.png

Im in exactly the same position, got 3 mag assists sitting in my case waiting 😂 just need the mags to put them on.

20 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

Im in exactly the same position, got 3 mag assists sitting in my case waiting 😂 just need the mags to put them on.

I used to have mag assist on my magazine as well but i had a hard time putting gas in the magazine (the mag assist gets in the way). do you have the same issue?

7 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

I used to have mag assist on my magazine as well but i had a hard time putting gas in the magazine (the mag assist gets in the way). do you have the same issue?

I sprayed my mags with a bit of silicone so that if you can slide them off to fill gas however when you pull them they grip the mag like a hero, obviously when you pull the loop it squeezes the mag whereas when you slide them from the mag they have some movement

Ok... so hopefully some good news re. purchasing MWS GBB mags for anyone interested! 🙂

The Echigoya store appear to have quite a few of them in stock: 24 at last count. And if my past experience with them is anything to go by, they're generally a good/reliable company to buy from:

http://echigoya-guns.com/en/gas-spare-magazines/218-m4a1-mws-spare-magazine.html?search_query=tokyo+marui+MWS+magazine&results=2

I've just cancelled a backorder with a UK supplier and have ordered two direct from Japan. Will let you know how I get on...

6 hours ago, DopeYourScope said:

Please do especially referencing customs charges etc.

Will do. They're £45 each including shipping, so if I get slapped for the full VAT and customs fees (approx 32% combined) it'll work out at around £60 each (possibly cheaper depending on how the parcels are labelled / whether Echigoya disclose the full value for shipping, etc).

So basically a tenner more than you'd normally pay per mag in the UK. Not too bad if you're an impatient sod like me 😉

Update: been informed they’re not shipping until 19th as “offices are closed for the holiday”. Not sure is that’s common across Japan (?) but might explain delays with TM also if so.

21 hours ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Will do. They're £45 each including shipping, so if I get slapped for the full VAT and customs fees (approx 32% combined) it'll work out at around £60 each (possibly cheaper depending on how the parcels are labelled / whether Echigoya disclose the full value for shipping, etc).

So basically a tenner more than you'd normally pay per mag in the UK. Not too bad if you're an impatient sod like me 😉

Update: been informed they’re not shipping until 19th as “offices are closed for the holiday”. Not sure is that’s common across Japan (?) but might explain delays with TM also if so.

u made the right decision. I have just spoken to rainbow8 they said they are waiting from TM to manufacture more. it could take a while. no ETA lol.

2 hours ago, bapexxx said:

u made the right decision. I have just spoken to rainbow8 they said they are waiting from TM to manufacture more. it could take a while. no ETA lol.

Been told that Tiger 111hk also have them in stock, but I'm going to leave my order with Echigoya and wait until the 19th rather than cancel and re-order... I'm impatient, but not that impatient 😉

Fire Support have got them in stock today.  Looks like a load just got to UK retailers.

33 minutes ago, RossF said:

Fire Support have got them in stock today.  Looks like a load just got to UK retailers.

Big thanks for the heads-up! 👍

I've just cancelled my order with Echigoya and bought from Fire Support instead... so that's a beer I owe you should we ever meet in person (or other beverage of your choosing).

48 in stock when I purchased, now down to 42 (not all of those are mine!), so get 'em while they're hot.

42 minutes ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Big thanks for the heads-up! 👍

I've just cancelled my order with Echigoya and bought from Fire Support instead... so that's a beer I owe you should we ever meet in person (or other beverage of your choosing).

48 in stock when I purchased, now down to 42 (not all of those are mine!), so get 'em while they're hot.

No worries!

Hey guys somebody has compare stock rubber vs kmrh55 ??

I'm tested ML autobot, Modify , ML decepticon and still I think that stock rubber os better but... Now I have that dude

Hi guys follow mws user from New Zealand just getting into doing a DMR build but I'm unsure about what strength of spring I should put in with my uac lightweight bolt, I had an issue where the nozzle got destroyed and just dont want it to happen again, I only have a 500 fps limit on my local fields and we dont measure joules so no worries on that part I've read all 70 pages and I'm pretty much gonna go with the tan bucking and hopefully a brass nub if it's possible to be delivered here. Thanks in advance for any advice.

received_380181049267160.jpeg

20190612_235634.jpg

6 hours ago, Restvitamin said:

Hi guys follow mws user from New Zealand just getting into doing a DMR build but I'm unsure about what strength of spring I should put in with my uac lightweight bolt, I had an issue where the nozzle got destroyed and just dont want it to happen again, I only have a 500 fps limit on my local fields and we dont measure joules so no worries on that part I've read all 70 pages and I'm pretty much gonna go with the tan bucking and hopefully a brass nub if it's possible to be delivered here. Thanks in advance for any advice.

received_380181049267160.jpeg

20190612_235634.jpg

500fps and no joules limit D: you could kill someone lol

Hello ! I have a serious problem . I have a mtr16 with cerakote finish . So far so good , i have a thing of my own , i like to paint all of my replica in camo style . There is a thing with my mtr16 , right after the paint is dryed ,  it cames all out  on a certain area ( the magazine catch/relese area) , i've repeated 5 time the process ( everytime acting with gloves , and cleaned that specific area ) but it seems endless . What can i do otherwise that remove all the paint to be all cerakote again !? There some special paint for cerakote or not!? So far i've used krylon , puff dino . Help pls

20190810_210522.jpg

20190810_210530.jpg

Might be worth stripping it all off, and then using a fine wet and dry sand paper, or scotch brite to give the surface a "Key" so the paint can properly adhere.

49 minutes ago, Cipher-032 said:

Might be worth stripping it all off, and then using a fine wet and dry sand paper, or scotch brite to give the surface a "Key" so the paint can properly adhere.

I think i am geting nutts , i am starting removing all , there are some area where the paint is not coming off so easy  , i am done with lower body

20190810_235803.jpg

Edited by Jigorugu

It's stays on 'fairly' well if properly degreased with brake cleaner or 2k thinners.

Ive used Krylon and Humbrol on Cerakote, it should only come off when scratched and not in big flakes.

Make sure to do a dust coat and let it fully Gas out, then make sure your subsequent coats are thin and with a good 20mins between coats.

Not relating directly to the gun, more set up. 

I have the warrior falcon, which is an excellent chest rig, but 3 times my mags jumped out the double stack pouch when 1 was in there

So hive mind. Not wanting to lose expensive mws magazines, what's the best double mag insert out there that isn't too expensive?

15 hours ago, peeved87 said:

Not relating directly to the gun, more set up. 

I have the warrior falcon, which is an excellent chest rig, but 3 times my mags jumped out the double stack pouch when 1 was in there

So hive mind. Not wanting to lose expensive mws magazines, what's the best double mag insert out there that isn't too expensive?

I had the exact same issue yesterday a mag of mine dropped out and only when we gave up looking my mate saw the magpul on the floor. I’ve ordered TMC pouch inserts but they haven’t turned up yet.

I use the Esstac kywi pouches, and they never miss a beat. 

Used the CQBR all day yesterday at The Gaol and the only issue I had with it was one double feed, my own fault, overloaded the magazine, and ended up spending 5 minutes clearing white shit out of my chamber.

7 mags is perfect, 3 up front, 2 on my right side, 1 on my belt and 1 in the gun. I get paranoid though, and wonder if I should get spares... you know, just in case... 

Just out of curiosity what are people's views on the MWS and it's viability for milsim events?

Can anyone offer any general advice or insight on running one for such events?