THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 minute ago, Whisky1 said:

does not produce a platoon

image.png.5cc442c19049e4f795583d8dab4d6c15.png

............. well thats good then!! 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, mightyjebus said:

so I eventually joined the MWS club and to make it have a variable FPS because of the crazy UK weather I fitted an NPAS

MWS1_zps7u9pqtfq.jpg

I was worried that the little adjustment tool would disappear into my bag never to be found again so I found a good solution.

MWS2_zpsog9rrz5j.jpg

Basically I dremeled a channel into the stock plate the same shape as the little tool. Now it won't get lost and always be handy.

Where did you get your npas if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers.

1 hour ago, mightyjebus said:

Do the settings with this NPAS merely reduce the FPS by differing degrees or does one or more of the settings offer a boost to the FPS from stock?

Just now, RossF said:

Do the settings with this NPAS merely reduce the FPS by differing degrees or does one or more of the settings offer a boost to the FPS from stock?

It acts as the rocket valve and by adjusting it you change its length. In its “shortest” setting, it absolutely increased FPS for me and it’s adjusted by an Allen key type tool (though its not actually an Allen key) so in theory you have a high level of granularity in your adjustment. 

So I'm thinking of getting a 6.01 370mm barrel for my cqbr as im running a suppressor now, what you guys running?

Cheers 

4 hours ago, Whisky1 said:

So I'm thinking of getting a 6.01 370mm barrel for my cqbr as im running a suppressor now, what you guys running?

Cheers 

im using the prometheus 370mm inner barrel. It sit flush with the mws original outer barrel. Im running a LVOA rail. You might need a npas if you dont have one already as using the 370 inner barrel does increase my fps for quite a bit... :P

7 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

im using the prometheus 370mm inner barrel. It sit flush with the mws original outer barrel. Im running a LVOA rail. You might need a npas if you dont have one already as using the 370 inner barrel does increase my fps for quite a bit... :P

Sweet dude, did you see an improvement on performance? 

1 minute ago, Whisky1 said:

Sweet dude, did you see an improvement on performance? 

tbh im not sure. I didnt use the m4 before the upgrade lol. But personally I think in CQB situation the gun is too long.....

The fps is definitely higher. Grouping and accuracy wise.... maybe slight improvement? bear in mind the stock m4 is already great out of the box :P

On 31/07/2019 at 21:55, bapexxx said:

tbh im not sure. I didnt use the m4 before the upgrade lol. But personally I think in CQB situation the gun is too long.....

The fps is definitely higher. Grouping and accuracy wise.... maybe slight improvement? bear in mind the stock m4 is already great out of the box :P

Well I'll leave it for now just worth thinking about for the future.

Cheers.

Right guys, so some of you may know that I destroyed my buffer earlier this week.

After much thought and discussion with @Davegolf from SixG, Dave has kindly made me a replacement buffer plunger. I also ordered the SixG HSB buffer spacer.

IMG_20190801_154715704.thumb.jpg.bc7e37c42662383e838d24cece65314b.jpg

I must say I was very impressed with the quality but if you've ever seen the super nub you wouldn't be surprised! Fitting was very easy and took less than 5 minutes, and everything went together perfectly! 

IMG_20190801_161358642.thumb.jpg.cea3ace52d67aac1a21e2263de45c458.jpg

I ran about 5 mags through it, and it was incredibly snappy! And boosted my FPS by 10-12. I will be skrimishing on Sunday so I will update with a full review. 

IMG_20190801_220211672.thumb.jpg.b5811fc10ecb6d27db71a4f33d7db4bd.jpg

Alright guys. Forum newbie and Marui M4 CQB-R owner here... had the rifle for a few years (since 2015 I think) but only just now getting back into airsoft after a long break.

Firstly, great thread! 👍

Secondly, where the hell can I buy magazines from!? Specifically the Tokyo Marui M4A1 MWS ZET 35 Round Gas - these ones:

9E8D14FE-5321-4E29-B76F-C39A17C703D1.thumb.jpeg.e0e600da76ebe855aecec2a26498de94.jpeg

They seem to be out of stock literally everywhere. Has the MWS platform become rare/outdated since I was last skirmishing? Or has there been a recall/fault with these mags? Or are they just very popular?

Advice welcome, thanks.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Alright guys. Forum newbie and Marui M4 CQB-R owner here... had the rifle for a few years (since 2015 I think) but only just now getting back into airsoft after a long break.

Firstly, great thread! 👍

Secondly, where the hell can I buy magazines from!? Specifically the Tokyo Marui M4A1 MWS ZET 35 Round Gas - these ones:

9E8D14FE-5321-4E29-B76F-C39A17C703D1.thumb.jpeg.e0e600da76ebe855aecec2a26498de94.jpeg

They seem to be out of stock literally everywhere. Has the MWS platform become rare/outdated since I was last skirmishing? Or has there been a recall/fault with these mags? Or are they just very popular?

Advice welcome, thanks.

hmmm they are always out of stock lol i got lucky last month when rainbow8 had them in stock and i bought 5 of them lol. your best bet is to contact rainbow8. Last time I spoke to them they said they have got the majority of the stock.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Pauly said:

^ Cheers for the quick reply.

So basically... you guys have bought them all! 😁 Well good to know they’re not discontinued. I’ll check in with the Rainbow8 store. Thanks again.

bear in mind they are based in hong kong. you might not be able to get a quick reply lol. I have 2 spare iron airsoft pmag which im not using atm. (cant get them to work properly so i gave up lol) I would avoid them pmag if i were you. 

@Uncle Pauly - It's my understanding that these fit and function fine, the casing just has a slightly different design: Type 89 Marui GBBR Magazine.

I believe the shell on the type-89 magazine has marks on one side denoting the amount of rounds left, it's non-functional in airsoft terms (to the best of my knowledge) but it's an alternative option. The chaps at Camoraids should be able to confirm compatibility and how many they have in-stock.

Marui do batch manufacturing unfortunately we seem to be waiting for them to start the next batch, I’ve got my name to 3 when my local retailer gets word of availability. 

The popularity of the MWS has been its own downfall in this regard.  

Guest Yukarin

Back from a skirmish, silent fill o-rings did the trick for my propane adapter, lost a bit of consistency on full auto as a result but I use semi 99% of the time so all is well. Really good day with the MWS, its a miracle worker.

1 hour ago, bapexxx said:

I would avoid them pmag if i were you. 

56 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@Uncle Pauly - It's my understanding that these fit and function fine, the casing just has a slightly different design: Type 89 Marui GBBR Magazine.

48 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

Marui do batch manufacturing unfortunately we seem to be waiting for them to start the next batch

Thanks for the input guys! Appreciated.

I’ve found a retailer in Hong Kong that has them in stock:

http://www.icefoxes.com/tokyo-marui-m4a1-mws-35rd-gas-magazine

Never heard of Ice Foxes before (?), so bought just the one mag via PayPal to check they’re kosher before buying any more. Will report back...

On 03/08/2019 at 17:18, UKCYukarin said:

Back from a skirmish, silent fill o-rings did the trick for my propane adapter, lost a bit of consistency on full auto as a result but I use semi 99% of the time so all is well. Really good day with the MWS, its a miracle worker.

Good to hear! Am running mine today at Airsoft Plantation and all seems fine propane wise etc. And the range I’m getting with .4s is ridiculous and it was over hopping them with a few clicks left so going to go up to .46.

Edit: I seem to have the same propane issues again randomly mags only clearing half as if not full. Temps have been mid to late twenties. I’m going to Install o-rings as discussed above.  What a pain. Otherwise performed beautifully, exceptional range.

@Uncle Pauly just a heads up the Type 89 mags are a blue-grey satin finish whereas the mags you’re looking for are Matt grey. You might not mind but I really do so thought I’d let you know.

Edited by RossF