THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Doesn't appear to be any information on if it's possible or not. Probably because TM products aren't really available in the states, and realistically that's the only place someone is going to bother fitting a real buffer tube.

Can some one confirm for me what type of barrel nut fits the upper? (I know you need an adaptor ring, ive got one on mine right now)

I see some MWS's with AEG on them. So im slightly bamboozled. Or will the MWS fit AEG and GBB barrel nuts?

Trying to hunt down a new rail for my PDW idea. 

Said Idea: MC6 PDW. I fancy doing some thing similar. I have the G&P stock, just trying to find a nice M lok rail.

MC6-PDW-1.jpg

You need to retread the lower because the TM buffer tube threads are squared off. 

AEG barrel nuts seem to work for me. I’ve had a madbull Vtac rail on mine which was AEG spec and the CASV was an AEG I believe. 

So, in short...

I'm very tempted by the MWS life after seeing an abundance of them yesterday, done a little bit of looking and as also stated in this thread there's little chance of finding them cheaper than £480ish in the UK.

Seen them on Rainbow8 for 3580HKD (£370) before shipping and import etc.

Does anyone have a rough idea whether that extra import cost will make it more/less/equally as expensive in the end? Is it worth the wait on shipping or should I just get one locally?

There's no rush on buying one right now though as I'll either be saving the total cost or selling my AEG to fund it!

So cost including shipping is 4198HKD which is approx £435. You’ll pay 2.5% duty on the cost of the item and shipping which would be £10.88. You’d then pay VAT on the cost of the item, The shipping and the duty which would be £89.18. Therefore your total cost would be £535.06. If you were lucky for customs not to charge it then you’d be better off, if they do then you’d be worse off. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmeh said:

So cost including shipping is 4198HKD which is approx £435. You’ll pay 2.5% duty on the cost of the item and shipping which would be £10.88. You’d then pay VAT on the cost of the item, The shipping and the duty which would be £89.18. Therefore your total cost would be £535.06. If you were lucky for customs not to charge it then you’d be better off, if they do then you’d be worse off. 

I thought it'd work out something like that haha... cheers mate 👍

So this is a thing, so question is guys what's the route I should take, g&p A2 buffer or the angry gun high speed? 

Cheers Chaps.

IMG_20190728_215939959.jpg

Edited by Whisky1
Changed the question after research

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 19:29, Snow Leopard said:

I am not interested in the problem with ITAR and purchase.  I’m wondering if the Mil-Spec combat tube on TM MWS is suitable 

I'm not sure if it is. can i ask why you want the geissele one? I hate the brownish/copper color 🤢

9 hours ago, Whisky1 said:

So this is a thing, so question is guys what's the route I should take, g&p A2 buffer or the angry gun high speed? 

Cheers Chaps.

Wow! What Gas you been using and how many rounds has that gun fired?

9 hours ago, Whisky1 said:

Cheers Chaps.

what happened? :o 

2 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Wow! What Gas you been using and how many rounds has that gun fired?

So I use nuprol 2.0 mainly and sometimes 3.0, I tried a mag of black gas couple of days ago so could have been that and I've fired maybe 1500-2000 rounds (half a bag of .3's)

You really need to check your Recoil spring is good, when you say 1500 rounds, is that from new?

But really a stiffer Recoil spring, or a HSB spacer in combination with the standard (healthy) spring

Also worth checking for any sharps or randoms inside the buffer tube.

The recoil spring looks good, on the buffertube cap there looks to be a knarled bit of flashing but couldn't see that clearly as was looking down the tube and was rushing to get off to work...

Yes 1500 rounds from brand new and when you say I should get a hsb and your sixg spacer?

Cheers mate.

If there's a metal sharp at the end of the buffer tube that's clearly what's done it in.

The HSB spacer helps to reduce the impact at the end of the travel with high power gas

The standard TM parts are generally all upto spec

Well I will order a hsb spacer when on lunch.

I can't decide between getting an angry gun hsb or a g&p one, you had any experience with either? 

Cheers.

4 hours ago, Whisky1 said:

So I use nuprol 2.0 mainly and sometimes 3.0, I tried a mag of black gas couple of days ago so could have been that and I've fired maybe 1500-2000 rounds (half a bag of .3's)

Nuprol black is almost 200 psi if i remember it correctly. 

Green should be more than enough the last couple of days, it was super hot so nuprol black is a bit uncalled for. 

When it's under 6-10 celcius i would go black otherwise keep it to green or maybe red when it's 10-15 or something. 

i'm no expert and its just what i think so take with a grain of salt 😛 

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

You are correct, black is for 0c gaming, if you need more FPS change out the floating valve and/or increase barrel length :)

i've cut my barrel down to about 7" but didn't lose much or even any fps, any way you can explain this? 

Hello. Tell me please, maybe someone shot 0.49 balls from Novrich? I made only 5 shots from my MWS with these balls, and was able to hit a growth target at a distance of 80 meters. But a couple of balls flew farther than me the trajectory. Here are the characteristics of my MWS:
Dynamic Precision Enhanced Sealing Buffer

Maple Leaf AEG Hop Tensioner,

Air Seal Hop Up Rubber Chamber - Use Hip Hop

Dynamic Precision Enhanced Nozzle Spring Set,

G & P Aluminum Buffer - had to replace the standard buffer, as it just fell apart.

Prometheus EG Barrel 6.03mm L: 370mm

wow, two buffers in the last few posts. when did you guys buy your mws? could it be some quality issues? 

18 minutes ago, pror26 said:

Hello. Tell me please, maybe someone shot 0.49 balls from Novrich? I made only 5 shots from my MWS with these balls, and was able to hit a growth target at a distance of 80 meters. But a couple of balls flew farther than me the trajectory. Here are the characteristics of my MWS:
Dynamic Precision Enhanced Sealing Buffer

Maple Leaf AEG Hop Tensioner,

Air Seal Hop Up Rubber Chamber - Use Hip Hop

Dynamic Precision Enhanced Nozzle Spring Set,

G & P Aluminum Buffer - had to replace the standard buffer, as it just fell apart.

Prometheus EG Barrel 6.03mm L: 370mm

What buffer are using the A2 buffer? 

Cheers 

1 hour ago, itsme said:

вау, два буфера в последних постах. когда вы, ребята, купили свои MWS? это могут быть проблемы с качеством? 

Exactly a year ago. And he fell apart in my winter, when I played in a closed area, at a temperature of +10 degrees. I did not understand the reason. Just after several shots the bolt stopped cocking.

1 hour ago, Whisky1 said:

What buffer are using the A2 buffer? 

Cheers 

No, not him. He is too big. He only fits in the stock pipe, but does not produce a platoon. G & P Aluminum Buffer for Tokyo Marui M4A1 MWS GBBR only this one.

Edited by pror26

6 minutes ago, pror26 said:

Exactly a year ago. And he fell apart in my winter, when I played in a closed area, at a temperature of +10 degrees. I did not understand the reason. Just after several shots the bolt stopped cocking.

She, not him. He is too big. He only fits in the stock pipe, but does not produce a platoon. G & P Aluminum Buffer for Tokyo Marui M4A1 MWS GBBR only this one.

Cheers dude that's some knarly translation but I think I understand you!! 🤔🤙👍