THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

10 minutes ago, LEGXGPF said:

FILL VALVE O-RING works great for me... I have absolutely no problem and dont care about material of gas needle. Its cost me just under dollar for 5 pieces. Try it.

I have this ones, but its from my local shop...

6390_01.jpg.16baa209b38569f7dca7a83245e02a19.jpg

This one is similar: 

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/3927/s/eagle6-airsoft-gas-magazine-entry-valve-o-rings-for-all-gas-guns/

I hope that it will help you

I use the same...it’s cheap & it works

21 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

@RossF how are you getting on with the original TM Hi-Capa fill valves, they still taking propane well? Might ditch these laylax ones...

That’s so strange. All I could think is it was temperature related if you were playing on a particularly hot day that maybe caused the valve to expand?

I haven’t taken mine to a skirmish yet since doing the mods - I tested each mag at home and all seemed good - will update once I’ve taken it to Airsoft Plantation in a couple weeks.

I thought silent fill with o-rings is best not to use as they prevent the displacement of regular air with propane?

Bb exploded inside the gun today. A lot went into the trigger group and I lost semi function. Time to strip, check and polish that notchy trigger

762D3D73-A52A-4D51-996B-C53C83DCF2C4.jpeg

On 19/06/2019 at 06:30, rocketdogbert said:

No, if you want one, any TM OEM MWS mag will work👍🏻

Fancy building a drum mag for me?

1 hour ago, mr^Mobs said:

Fancy building a drum mag for me?

Currently supposed to be building two, personal circumstances have put that on hold for a week or so, but always up for it eventually

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Currently supposed to be building two, personal circumstances have put that on hold for a week or so, but always up for it eventually

I'm in no rush mate. If you post on here when your back to fabricating I'll take you up on one! 👍

Get yourself/life right before helping others! 👊

Anyone ever used a pdi w hold in their rifle?? Going to fit the super nub and modify tan this week but I love w holds and wouldn't mind using one.

8 hours ago, Whisky1 said:

Anyone ever used a pdi w hold in their rifle?? Going to fit the super nub and modify tan this week but I love w holds and wouldn't mind using one.

I had in my DMR way back. I liked the bucking. Took some fiddling to make sure it was centred and it didn’t like SUPER heavy BB’s. It did shoot straight and far though 

Ok, so initial testing with silent fill valves is very good, no leaking during filling at all, no propane being wasted and my magazines gas capacity is now very large once again.

This is initial testing though, would have to test it on a skirmish day, where the fill valves failed me.

7 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

Ok, so initial testing with silent fill valves is very good, no leaking during filling at all, no propane being wasted and my magazines gas capacity is now very large once again.

This is initial testing though, would have to test it on a skirmish day, where the fill valves failed me.

See I found that I got inconsistent fills when I used o-rings in the mags... I could get larger fills, and didn't waste gas... but inconsistent none the less. I found that the temperature of the mag played a great part in this and if the mag was warm, I'd struggle to get much in and if it was cold, it could fill it up a lot. 

4 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

Interesting. Thanks for keeping us updated.

How much time do you guys put into planning your builds. Are they organic development as you get parts. Or do you know exactly what you want to achieve from the outset?

I like to put together an imagine on Photoshop and get a feel for what she's going to look like. After reading all this forum I've decided I want my mws for 3 gun comps and I wanted another gbbr to dmr. Just ordered an MTR to turn into a dmr and here's my vision for what I want to achieve. Comments/thoughs welcome...

MTR16 DMR -2.jpg

That looks smart for sure, I think I'd get annoyed with things hooking up on that stock in the field tho.

And completely null for us softers but you'll need a much longer gas tube / gas block way down the barrel ;)

8 hours ago, bapexxx said:

Hi guys I need a bit of advice and recommendation. I'm currently using 370mm inner barrel and want to run a silencer set up. Which rail and silencer and outer barrel do you guys recommend?

Totally depends on the gun you are building. Why not just run a Suppressor on the end of your current set up, and see how it feels to use?

If its too long, shorted the rail  and outer barrel, and allow the inner barrel to run into the suppressor

14 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

Totally depends on the gun you are building. Why not just run a Suppressor on the end of your current set up, and see how it feels to use?

If its too long, shorted the rail  and outer barrel, and allow the inner barrel to run into the suppressor

I can't. Im running the LVOA rail. I want some inspirations haha. like which rail will look good with suppressor etc.

31 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

Hi guys!

Tell me, was anyone have experience installing real combat buffer tube Mil-Spec on TM MWS?

The fact that I want to put a real pipe from Geissele, but I do not know whether it will fit or not and do not want to risk.

Tube:

https://geissele.com/premium-mil-spec-buffer-tube.html

"NOTICE: We do not sell or ship our products outside of the Continental United States. Export of the commodities described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR). We are unable to ship these items to foreign addresses, including APO/FPO addresses for deployed service members."

Sorry to burst your bubble... unless you are in the USA, or have a friend in the USA.

1 hour ago, Cipher-032 said:

"NOTICE: We do not sell or ship our products outside of the Continental United States. Export of the commodities described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR). We are unable to ship these items to foreign addresses, including APO/FPO addresses for deployed service members."

Sorry to burst your bubble... unless you are in the USA, or have a friend in the USA.

Brownell sells geissele aswel. You have some exporters like rainiers arms who might export it aswel 

13 minutes ago, itsme said:

Brownell sells geissele aswel. You have some exporters like rainiers arms who might export it aswe

I am not interested in the problem with ITAR and purchase.  I’m wondering if the Mil-Spec combat tube on TM MWS is suitable

B814FF7D-6B62-4B89-A6A3-2EFB9B675648.jpeg

This should suit your requirements then:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angry-gun-mil-spec-cnc-6-position-buffer-tube-marui-mws-version

As an airsoft gun, im not sure whether it would take a real steel tube. But they can take real steel handguards, so wouldnt surprise me if it could.

1 hour ago, Cipher-032 said:

2 minutes ago, Cipher-032 said:

This should suit your requirements then:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angry-gun-mil-spec-cnc-6-position-buffer-tube-marui-mws-version

As an airsoft gun, im not sure whether it would take a real steel tube. But they can take real steel handguards, so wouldnt surprise me if it could.

Okay! But I need Geissele buffer tube, not Airsoft replica ;)