THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

14 hours ago, Davegolf said:

If you've been playing with the mag I'd say you've disturbed the BB follower and mechanism that pops up when empty.

Thats if the problem is specific to 1 mag only

The bolt does lock with the modded mag when I manually pull it...

It does not lock when shooting with it..

Don`t recall if it looks when shooting the other mags

8 hours ago, Apex06 said:

need some help guys,

the question is...

to paint or not to paint?

and if I should paint, In what style?

thanks in advance :)

Untitled.jpg

Now that is one tricked out hottie... 😝

I really like a distressed tan look, but I would always be reluctant to spray such a beautifully finished rifle....

Also is that a magpul Moe grip? 🤔

15 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

Now that is one tricked out hottie... 😝

I really like a distressed tan look, but I would always be reluctant to spray such a beautifully finished rifle....

Also is that a magpul Moe grip? 🤔

Exactly the problem I'm having 🙈 it's a nightmare! I would like to paint it but do really like how it sits already... just stands out like a saw thumb at all the sims I go to 

and it is indeed, was abit stiff in comparison to the stock grip but went straight on with modification

31 minutes ago, Apex06 said:

Exactly the problem I'm having 🙈 it's a nightmare! I would like to paint it but do really like how it sits already... just stands out like a saw thumb at all the sims I go to 

and it is indeed, was abit stiff in comparison to the stock grip but went straight on with modification

Yeah I can imagine mate, its your decision but if your happy with how it looks then wait until it gets abit run down maybe?

Okay mate what did you have to do to make it fit? I'm thinking of getting one or an ergo..🤔

@Apex06 if youre into milsim / and or you play with concealment then yes id paint it for sure, function over form.

@Whisky1 the Ergo grip is nice for sure, it can feel narrow without gloves but the angle and contours are spot on

@Davegolf cheers man, I'm really looking for one with a low angle, sadly the MOE K2 is out of stock everywhere. So was thinking of an ergo low angle but I've never seen or tried one. 🙄 

Also is the mws compatible with gbbr grips aswell as RS ones? 🤔

Cheers! 

likewise I also have a real steel ergo grip on my mws. it's an easy install and is really quite comfortable for me (even though it is quite thin as mentioned) so I really recommend them 🙂

Cheers dave much appreciated.

What ones do you guys run? The original? 

Edited by Whisky1
Wrong message

13 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:

Also check the bcm gfg mod 3 ...it’s very comfortable 

I have been looking at them they look amazing, just can't find any in the UK in stock..🙄

16 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

Cheers dave much appreciated.

What ones do you guys run? The original? 

yep, I run the original ergo grip, although I'm sure the gen 2 should work ok too.

23 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:

I messaged them and they have to order one in from the usa, I'll have to look around eu stores 

Thanks tho mate 😁

I like the look of some painted guns, but I can’t bring myself to paint my own. Always seems to make the gun worth less if you come to sell it. 

Yeah that's what ik like too.. although when it comes to that I'll be leaving the sport I like the mws too much for selling 😂 

I ordered the grip a couple of years ago when I was just starting airsoft and purchased the wrong one not knowing... RS on an aeg dont work....

But for the mws I just undid the bolt grip off put the new one on and bolted it up... it was just a tighter fit over the stock grip and yes also agree to the thin side but I always wear gloves.. bb to the fingers and hands in cqb building clearance isn't so nice :)

think I'll wait it out until I get some proper wear on her the  I'll give her a tidy up spray 👌🏻 cheers guys

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I like the look of some painted guns, but I can’t bring myself to paint my own. Always seems to make the gun worth less if you come to sell it. 

I'm like you i would not paint any of my guns from anything other than stock. Most guns i've see people DIY paint look bad (in my opinion) some people don't even strip the gun for painting.

The only gun i ever owned that i painted was a KWA Kriss Vector that i got second hand, previous seller failed to mention that it was a two tone that he had spray painted black, and poorly at that. I stripped it down to bare parts, carefully prepped and primed the parts that needed painting. Two coats of primer, followed by 4 light coats of paint sanded in between and then two further coats of lacquer later, each coat had 24 hours drying period in between. I had a two tone sparkling black and bronze Vector. Sold it a year later, ive been keeping my eye out for it to see if it ever crops up on the market again.

But in general i never paint my guns and do my best to keep them looking stock colour.

As for RS on my MWS i have a real steel Magpul MOE-SL Stock and MOE grip, Magpul sling point and sling.

Hi guys I am just checking before I make a mistake but will RS charging handles and sling plates fit the MWS? Im most likely looking at a pts charging handle and angry gun sling plate regardless but half this hobby is looking at stuff to buy right???

2 hours ago, Jammanic said:

Hi guys I am just checking before I make a mistake but will RS charging handles and sling plates fit the MWS? Im most likely looking at a pts charging handle and angry gun sling plate regardless but half this hobby is looking at stuff to buy right???

Dont think any rs charging handle will work with the m4. Afaik pts and angry gun is a airsoft company. I'm using the pts raptor charging handle on mine. 

On 12/07/2019 at 23:49, Apex06 said:

need some help guys,

the question is...

to paint or not to paint?

and if I should paint, In what style?

thanks in advance :)

Untitled.jpg

I wouldn't paint it. The style of it suits the clean look much better. Nothing wrong with adding some more tan though like with grips, rail covers or even the scope mount 

10 hours ago, bapexxx said:

Dont think any rs charging handle will work with the m4. Afaik pts and angry gun is a airsoft company. I'm using the pts raptor charging handle on mine. 

Thanks for the info! Helps a lot.

Has anyone had any luck with a red dot sight sub £100, something that will keep it's zeroing. Want to see if there's any alternatives before I purchase a Vortex (I've already got a 3-9x50 for my M40) I know they're spot on just don't have the upfront for one at the moment... Also PEQ recommendations? been looking at DBALs and the like just wanted some opinions... looking for something where the laser will hold it's zero.

Just found this thread whilst browsing MWS related stuff online. Thought I'd get in on the action and share mine with you all for your perusal, comments and opinions. I use this as a race gun. 3 gun competition. I run it on .40 nuprol rzrs and ASG Ultrair.

MTR grip and stock,

Guns modify adjustable trigger set,

PTS Centurion Rail,

16" outer barrel,

F1 compensator, upgraded nozzle, selectors, big mag release, bad lever, RT Tactical magwell (3d printed),

Vortex Razor HDii. 1-6 x 24mm,

Vortex cantilever mount,

Vortex venom 3moa mrds.

IMG_20190501_153823.jpg

IMG_20190501_153832.jpg