THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Love the super nub. Anything Dave builds for the mws platform is always a good shout. 

I think what @bapexxx means is;

• Set hop adjustment to minimum before removing barrel
  • When refitting and tightening the barrel nut make sure that the hop lever arm moves freely as the barrel nut can push the hop lever to the side causing it to jam / not adjust freely

4 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

• When refitting and tightening the barrel nut make sure that the hop lever arm moves freely as the barrel nut can push the hop lever to the side causing it to jam / not adjust freely

exactly that lol. I dont know the technical terms haha. 

10 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

Good luck! I have some tips... more like what I learned from my mistakes... When you put the outer barrel onto the upper receiver you need to make sure the hop up unit strike arm sits in the correct position. 

It is quite hard to explain... but you pay attention to the parts where the hop up strike arm connect to the upper receiver hop up dial bit you will understand

Oh much appreciated mate.

1 minute ago, bapexxx said:

eactly that lol. I dont know the technical terms haha.

You and me both brother! 😉

6 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Thank you for that my man! Very much appreciated. 😁

8 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Love the super nub. Anything Dave builds for the mws platform is always a good shout. 

I had one ordered before the gun even arrived, when so many people are raving about it you know your on to a winner! 

14 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

Oh much appreciated mate.

You and me both brother! 😉

Thank you for that my man! Very much appreciated. 😁

I had one ordered before the gun even arrived, when so many people are raving about it you know your on to a winner! 

I was so close to ordering one myself. At the end I just ordered the laylax hop up arm coz I want to try something different lool. It is a tiny lever that eliminate the need of the nub.  

19 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

I was so close to ordering one myself. At the end I just ordered the laylax hop up arm coz I want to try something different lool. It is a tiny lever that eliminate the need of the nub.  

Oh right sweet, how you getting on with that then mate? What shape is the nub/pad/thingy that goes into the barrel window. 😉

3 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

Oh I see, very nice mate. Very similar to an upgraded hop arm on a vsr. I wonder if maple leaf will make one for mws? 🤔

5 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

Oh I see, very nice mate. Very similar to an upgraded hop arm on a vsr. I wonder if maple leaf will make one for mws? 🤔

I think only laylax is making these atm. Laylax is a japanese company I feel more confident using japanese product XD

Im thinking of installing the flat style trigger tonight...

Hopefully I won't get into too much trouble...

32 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

I think only laylax is making these atm. Laylax is a japanese company I feel more confident using japanese product XD

Im thinking of installing the flat style trigger tonight...

Hopefully I won't get into too much trouble...

The laylax vsr zero trigger was second to none for a long, long time!

Ohh very nice man let us know how you get on, and if you could take a few photos please. 😉

8 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

The laylax vsr zero trigger was second to none for a long, long time!

Ohh very nice man let us know how you get on, and if you could take a few photos please. 😉

sure haha. i heard some aftermarket triggers dont fit quite well. hopefully this one is ok. Will take pictures 

Ok... I run into my first problem when installing the angrygun trigger.... I cant slide the original metal bit into the trigger. This specific metal can move quite freely in the original trigger but the fit is super super tight on the angry gun trigger. I am thinking I might need to file the inside wall if the trigger a bit to fit the metal bit in... damn it...

Hey guys when the bolt is refusing to lock back what is usually the issue behind it?
The gun was cleaned so there isn't any gunk preventing the lock...

First noticed, after doing the green gas mod...

Could it be that the power increased enough to make the bolt faster preventing it to be caught?

Thanks in advance...

Got many parts arriving (some stuck in customs) so will be upgrading soon I hope :)

8 hours ago, _FIL_ said:

Hey guys when the bolt is refusing to lock back what is usually the issue behind it?
The gun was cleaned so there isn't any gunk preventing the lock...

First noticed, after doing the green gas mod...

Could it be that the power increased enough to make the bolt faster preventing it to be caught?

Thanks in advance...

Got many parts arriving (some stuck in customs) so will be upgrading soon I hope :)

If you've been playing with the mag I'd say you've disturbed the BB follower and mechanism that pops up when empty.

Thats if the problem is specific to 1 mag only

10 hours ago, bapexxx said:

Ok... I run into my first problem when installing the angrygun trigger.... I cant slide the original metal bit into the trigger. This specific metal can move quite freely in the original trigger but the fit is super super tight on the angry gun trigger. I am thinking I might need to file the inside wall if the trigger a bit to fit the metal bit in... damn it..

Oh man can you not file down either side of the trigger? Or am I being ignorant? 

How do you guys change your hop? I have a hard time reaching it with my middle or index finger through the magwel

4 minutes ago, itsme said:

How do you guys change your hop? I have a hard time reaching it with my middle or index finger through the magwel

I use my pistol cleaning rod mate, I keep it down the side of my speed loaders pouch.

1 hour ago, Whisky1 said:

Oh man can you not file down either side of the trigger? Or am I being ignorant? 

@Whisky1I tried. 30 minutes non stop filing it didnt help one bit. :< lesson learned never buy angry gun parts again lol

1 hour ago, itsme said:

@itsme I use the nineball hop up adjustment device. It is like a bar with teeth on both ends. https://www.rainbow8.com/collections/marui-m4-gbb-rifle-custom-parts/products/nine-ball-hop-dial-adjuster-for-tokyo-marui-mws-m-p9-hk45-usp-gbb

46 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

@Whisky1I tried. 30 minutes non stop filing it didnt help one bit. :< lesson learned never buy angry gun parts again lol

@itsme I use the nineball hop up adjustment device. It is like a bar with teeth on both ends. https://www.rainbow8.com/collections/marui-m4-gbb-rifle-custom-parts/products/nine-ball-hop-dial-adjuster-for-tokyo-marui-mws-m-p9-hk45-usp-gbb

That's a bummer man..🙄

Now that's a fancy piece of toolage! 😂

13 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:

I bought a second hand madbull DD mk18 rail,well it supposed to be madbull ,84CBB197-C5ED-45FA-B9AE-7284486F3395.thumb.jpeg.d2f0cbec50d5cd7e1ba25b3aa3ebe1a7.jpegbut it doesn’t fit well you can see the gaps...don’t know why ...just disappointed :(

34E29D76-216D-4F50-B330-3FF8480F5018.thumb.jpeg.df09c63267f05096066590a660e8ac68.jpeg

hmmm maybe you need to get the barrel nut adapter?

6 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:

I have a g&p outer barrel it doesn’t need an adapter, I think it’s something wrong with the rail, I’ve dismount it from the gun and still has gaps9DC35185-70B5-4108-A03A-FD54A2B9002D.thumb.jpeg.05c105ce60a2408905458a1c8203d3f2.jpeg

hmmm then i dont know. hope you can sort it out. the rail looks pretty beat up tho.