THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

37 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

are these all brand new mags? I've been filling mine up for over a year with propane on standard valves and i can't work out why people have issues.

i bought seven from firesupport like a month or two ago when they had stock and my MWS was also from a recent shipment. I assume TM have changed the design of their MWS fill valves (rather than a QC issue) because as mentioned before I found that the nozzle of the fill valve has a slightly smaller diameter than the nozzle in the fill valve of my Hi-Capa fill valve.

4 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

Any TM m4 gbb owners going to RED 1 skirmish this Sunday? It would be nice to meet some fellow proud owners of the TM M4 on the day :P

Have a great one my man, I played yesterday in some terrible conditions and it shocked me and everyone else how well my cqbr preformed! When people say they bridge the gap between aeg's and gbbrs they really do! Just wow! 

5 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

Have a great one my man, I played yesterday in some terrible conditions and it shocked me and everyone else how well my cqbr preformed! When people say they bridge the gap between aeg's and gbbrs they really do! Just wow! 

Good to hear. I bought the m4 when it first came out and never use it in a skirmish. I have upgraded the inner barrel, bolt carrier, high speed buffer, tan bucking and some external parts for the looks. 

Hopefully the gun won't cause me any issue on the day then im happy haha.

44 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

Good to hear. I bought the m4 when it first came out and never use it in a skirmish. I have upgraded the inner barrel, bolt carrier, high speed buffer, tan bucking and some external parts for the looks. 

Hopefully the gun won't cause me any issue on the day then im happy haha.

Would you say the high speed buffer is worth doing? I wouldn't mind trying a new one, even tho with mine being  completely stock I'm over the moon with it 🤣

28 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

Would you say the high speed buffer is worth doing? I wouldn't mind trying a new one, even tho with mine being  completely stock I'm over the moon with it 🤣

tbh I am not too sure. I have weighted the high speed buffer and the stock buffer. The stock buffer is lighter :/. If you ask me would i upgrade the buffer i would probably say no... as I dont see any significant improvements. I am super interested in the G&P adjustable trigger box tho. Definitely my next upgrade. You can adjust the trigger and hammer with the upgraded trigger box :P

15 hours ago, Wo1f said:

are these all brand new mags? I've been filling mine up for over a year with propane on standard valves and i can't work out why people have issues.

i've mentioned it before but seems like nobody believes it or didn't notice it. 

It's me steel propane adapter that doesn't work on the mags. TM mags hate steel adapters. 

32 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

tbh I am not too sure. I have weighted the high speed buffer and the stock buffer. The stock buffer is lighter :/. If you ask me would i upgrade the buffer i would probably say no... as I dont see any significant improvements. I am super interested in the G&P adjustable trigger box tho. Definitely my next upgrade. You can adjust the trigger and hammer with the upgraded trigger box :P

report back here when you get it, i'd love a snappier trigger! :D 

28 minutes ago, itsme said:

i've mentioned it before but seems like nobody believes it or didn't notice it. 

It's me steel propane adapter that doesn't work on the mags. TM mags hate steel adapters. 

yea will do. But it won't be till next month now... I blame all of you for tempting me to get the vortex sight hahaha. I got the asg short dot AND the vortex crossfire at the end. The vortex should be arriving tomorrow. 

So many things I wanna buy so little money. SAD TIMES!

My trigger seems pretty nice, I am coming off a vsr with a Springer custom trigger which is just amazeballs but I really couldn't complain about my cqbr trigger...

I'm thinking about going for a heavy buffer... or would that be unwise? 

Vortex crossfire was ordered this morning! 😁

1 hour ago, Whisky1 said:

My trigger seems pretty nice, I am coming off a vsr with a Springer custom trigger which is just amazeballs but I really couldn't complain about my cqbr trigger...

I'm thinking about going for a heavy buffer... or would that be unwise? 

Vortex crossfire was ordered this morning! 😁

nothing majorly wrong with the original trigger box. It is just i like the idea of adjusting the trigger and hammer, i.e. hair trigger and stronger hammer for hotter situation (higher pressure gas etc). 

Did you order yours from patrol base by any chance? I ordered mine from them and checked their website this morning and it is sold out LOL.

13 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

nothing majorly wrong with the original trigger box. It is just i like the idea of adjusting the trigger and hammer, i.e. hair trigger and stronger hammer for hotter situation (higher pressure gas etc). 

Did you order yours from patrol base by any chance? I ordered mine from them and checked their website this morning and it is sold out LOL.

Well that's pretty sick tbh I would be interested too see how you get on.

No I got mine thru my club, but I believe defcon have them instock mate. 

On 07/07/2019 at 22:58, UKCYukarin said:

Keep me updated on the fill valves, hoping it fixes the propane adaptor issue it for you as it did for me.

So I just swapped out the stock fill valves for the TM GBB pistol ones on two of my 5 mags and my propane issues have been resolved with both. Tried filling them up and immediately I could feel it flowing into the mag in the same way I can the Vertex gas, and it was much clearer when it’s full (like the Vertex too). First mag I got 42 shots before hearing the change in tone (as the gas is getting low) and the second mag 49. Could have squeezed off 2-4 shots from each before it locked I’m sure but I like to test until the point where velocity goes down so I know the usable number rather than the absolute. 

Thanks again for the info, finally now I can go and install my new bucking etc.

Interesting on the fill valves. What is the love of propane due to? Cost and performance? Also where does it scale in power 

On a side note. Brass nub in.... Beauty; flamingo 50

Looks good on first test. I'm sure it will be too high to use on joules, but it was floating 4s no problem 

Need extensive distance testing and in game testing

1 hour ago, peeved87 said:

Interesting on the fill valves. What is the love of propane due to? Cost and performance? Also where does it scale in power 

Looks good on first test. I'm sure it will be too high to use on joules, but it was floating 4s no problem 

If your using the Flamingo in your stock hop up chamber, your using the bare minimum of the hop patch in the bucking. Have the barrel and hop assembly out and press on the lever and look at the patch and you'll see what I mean. Yeah it will lift ammo, but not to the buckings full potential.

Ive tried it in the Laylax hop unit, And still have contact issues. In the laylax unit its stupidly tight, and wont put pressure on the arm. Back to Mod tan and SixG. ill use the flamingo's in my Pistols.

1 hour ago, peeved87 said:

It’s not really any cheaper nowadays I don’t find (£7.99 for 700ml/300mgs propane versus £8.99 for the same size Abbey Vertex).

Power - it’s the same as green gas. Green gas is just propane with some other bits added (oil and perfume I believe).

As far as I know, (I’m no expert) all those other bits mixed in with Green Gas make it less stable as a gas,  so you get more consistent FPS with propane. Propane is also more easily sourced - in all DIY stores. More importantly for me, it doesn’t contain any silicone oil and other random crap to blow all over the guns insides including the hop/bucking.

Hi everyone it is me again XD

I remember seeing somewhere that I can completely disable the auto fire function of the tm m4 mws but I cant seem to find the post now...

Des anyone here knows how to do that?

Thanks in advance

52 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

Hi everyone it is me again XD

I remember seeing somewhere that I can completely disable the auto fire function of the tm m4 mws but I cant seem to find the post now...

Des anyone here knows how to do that?

Thanks in advance

Page 7. My post half way down the page 👍

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 15:31, bapexxx said:

Morning gents, anyone got any thoughts on the buffer? Anyone changed it out for angry gun steel one? And what's the consensus on the fg restrictor discs? Some people seem to love them and some say they don't work/fit? 

Cheers boys 

if you're gonna go for an angry gun buffer, bet the high speed one (black one). its a bit heavier than standard, but not stupid. i had the silver super recoil one once.. massive recoil increase, but it slowed the cycling dramatically and made it less efficient. 

Angry gun high speed or the G&P buffer is what I'd lean towards.

1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

if you're gonna go for an angry gun buffer, bet the high speed one (black one). its a bit heavier than standard, but not stupid. i had the silver super recoil one once.. massive recoil increase, but it slowed the cycling dramatically and made it less efficient. 

Angry gun high speed or the G&P buffer is what I'd lean towards.

Awesome man, thanks for your help.

Would the high speed one effect efficiency? Should I change the buffer spring too? Or get a new BCG? 

2 hours ago, Whisky1 said:

Morning gents, anyone got any thoughts on the buffer? Anyone changed it out for angry gun steel one? And what's the consensus on the fg restrictor discs? Some people seem to love them and some say they don't work/fit? 

Cheers boys 

I have got the Angry Gun Super Recoil Buffer kit for Marui MWS GBB (High Speed Version). It fits perfectly (I am still using the original spring). 

It is slightly heavier than the original one. I dont see a lot of difference after installing it. or maybe the difference is so small i cant really feel it lol. 

1 hour ago, Whisky1 said:

Awesome man, thanks for your help.

Would the high speed one effect efficiency? Should I change the buffer spring too? Or get a new BCG? 

It shouldn’t do. It’s a little heavier as @bapexxx said, but it shouldn’t make a noticeable difference. It’s always worth changing because the plastic Mws one is prone to breaking (apparently. I’ve never experienced it personally).

I’ve always ran the standard spring and bcg on the basis of don’t fix what isn’t broken. People have had good results with light weight BCG’s though. You’ll loose some felt recoil in exchange of a snappier gun

50 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

It shouldn’t do. It’s a little heavier as @bapexxx said, but it shouldn’t make a noticeable difference. It’s always worth changing because the plastic Mws one is prone to breaking (apparently. I’ve never experienced it personally).

I’ve always ran the standard spring and bcg on the basis of don’t fix what isn’t broken. People have had good results with light weight BCG’s though. You’ll loose some felt recoil in exchange of a snappier gun

Awesome stuff guys! I think I'll leave it alone as you say ''don't fix what ain't broke and after 5 years of constantly tinkering with a vsr, I'm no longer chasing perfection 🤣 

That being said I'm waiting for my ar wrench so I can get this super nub and mod tan in 😬🙄.... Nervous business 😂

23 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

Awesome stuff guys! I think I'll leave it alone as you say ''don't fix what ain't broke and after 5 years of constantly tinkering with a vsr, I'm no longer chasing perfection 🤣 

That being said I'm waiting for my ar wrench so I can get this super nub and mod tan in 😬🙄.... Nervous business 😂

Good luck! I have some tips... more like what I learned from my mistakes... When you put the outer barrel onto the upper receiver you need to make sure the hop up unit strike arm sits in the correct position. 

It is quite hard to explain... but you pay attention to the parts where the hop up strike arm connect to the upper receiver hop up dial bit you will understand.