THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Yesterday my rail came in so my friend at Repairsoft helped me out with the install. 

I went with the Madbull noveske NSR 7" freefloat rail. We went to try the PTS ring and the rail but it left too much space between the reciever and the rail. the ring was needed though but it didn't fit the barrel nut, it got stuck in there actually. Jeff milled the smallest ring so it would fit all the way into the barrel nut. This also fixed the space between the reciever and the handrail.

mws1.thumb.jpg.e02053253cba260dcc0b60c39df0addc.jpg

With the handrail in place it was time to get the barrels to length. 

I didn't get a new barrel and wanted to cut the original down. After putting it in the milling machine we saw that the outer barrel was conical which was a bit of a problem but we managed to get the job done pretty quickly. 

Then we cut off the inner barrel so it stuck out a little further than the outer barrel so it would be just in front of the LED in my tracer. 

mws2.thumb.jpg.f2aec24476e64f751a2c4b155c4a6884.jpg

After that the outer barrel needed just a little bit of paint and the job was done. 

Loving this CQB build, looking forward playing with it in the near future.

Only thing i'm looking for now is a real steel skeletonized pistol grip. 

Also i would like my vortex +- 1 inch higher without making it too bulky, minimalism is key imo. if anyone has an idea for that please let me know! :)

Hope you guys enjoy the build aswel.

mws4.thumb.jpg.194ac986103017c7921eda31442c2d49.jpg

12 minutes ago, itsme said:

Yesterday my rail came in so my friend at Repairsoft helped me out with the install. 

I went with the Madbull noveske NSR 7" freefloat rail. We went to try the PTS ring and the rail but it left too much space between the reciever and the rail. the ring was needed though but it didn't fit the barrel nut, it got stuck in there actually. Jeff milled the smallest ring so it would fit all the way into the barrel nut. This also fixed the space between the reciever and the handrail.

mws1.thumb.jpg.e02053253cba260dcc0b60c39df0addc.jpg

With the handrail in place it was time to get the barrels to length. 

I didn't get a new barrel and wanted to cut the original down. After putting it in the milling machine we saw that the outer barrel was conical which was a bit of a problem but we managed to get the job done pretty quickly. 

Then we cut off the inner barrel so it stuck out a little further than the outer barrel so it would be just in front of the LED in my tracer. 

mws2.thumb.jpg.f2aec24476e64f751a2c4b155c4a6884.jpg

After that the outer barrel needed just a little bit of paint and the job was done. 

Loving this CQB build, looking forward playing with it in the near future.

Only thing i'm looking for now is a real steel skeletonized pistol grip. 

Also i would like my vortex +- 1 inch higher without making it too bulky, minimalism is key imo. if anyone has an idea for that please let me know! :)

Hope you guys enjoy the build aswel.

mws4.thumb.jpg.194ac986103017c7921eda31442c2d49.jpg

Now that is a beaut of a rail! 

Would that be a vortex crossfire red dot? I'm really thinking of pulling the trigger on one! 

1 minute ago, Whisky1 said:

Now that is a beaut of a rail! 

Would that be a vortex crossfire red dot? I'm really thinking of pulling the trigger on one! 

It was love at first sight 😍

It is indeed a vortex crossfire, its a lovely reddot. i have it for about a year and it never lost zero on my rk74, i only have 2 games with my mws but its holding zero for sure (if it does for RS it should def for airsoft.) i like the fact that if you would have irons you can still use them as the mount is skeletonized. I would pick that one anyday as it looks clean and has functionality to it. (ive seen crossfires with another mount aswel but i liked this one better.) All this with a lifetime guarantee made me pull the trigger on getting one. 

I think you just sold it too me.. aha

How's the dot is it clean? I was always going for a vortex just couldn't decide between the strikefire and the crossfire.

Can I ask where did you get your rail from? 

45 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

I think you just sold it too me.. aha

How's the dot is it clean? I was always going for a vortex just couldn't decide between the strikefire and the crossfire.

Can I ask where did you get your rail from? 

i should start a store 😂

The reddot is super clean, i ran fakes before but they don't come close to the real thing. Only thing i want to find is a higher mount as i play with a dye mask and i have to tilt my head now a little bit. For me the strikefire is a bit too big. i like to keep my build and loadout as minimalistic/funtional as pissible as i play only cqb and i want to be fast. 

My friend ordered the rail from wholsesale supplier for me. i know you can get it from www.airsoftshop.be aswel. 

When it comes to red dots.. something to bare in mind. If you have an astigmatism in your eye(s), you will never see a clean dot. One of my friends didn't realise that he had one and just assumed all red dots were a little blurry. 100% recommend the Vortex Optics though - they are worth every penny. 

14 minutes ago, itsme said:

i should start a store 😂

The reddot is super clean, i ran fakes before but they don't come close to the real thing. Only thing i want to find is a higher mount as i play with a dye mask and i have to tilt my head now a little bit. For me the strikefire is a bit too big. i like to keep my build and loadout as minimalistic/funtional as pissible as i play only cqb and i want to be fast. 

My friend ordered the rail from wholsesale supplier for me. i know you can get it from www.airsoftshop.be aswel. 

I'm the same mate light and simple is the way to go, I plan on doing alot of practical rifle drills , 2 gun, ipsc but who doesn't like a shootout! 😂 The strikefire is quite large but it was the look that got me but I think I'll order a crossfire tonight as it's payday! 😁

mine's not arrived yet but ive ordered the vortex too. Worth it all day long in my opinion. never loose zero because it's real steel and the warranty is fantastic. Why sped £50 on an airsoft replica that'll either break or get shot out. I can shoot out a vortex and they'll just give me a new one, no questions asked.

2 hours ago, Whisky1 said:

I'm the same mate light and simple is the way to go, I plan on doing alot of practical rifle drills , 2 gun, ipsc but who doesn't like a shootout! 😂 The strikefire is quite large but it was the look that got me but I think I'll order a crossfire tonight as it's payday! 😁

PAYDAAAAY! 

i'm going to the shooting range for the first time today i wanna enroll in ipsc. I love doing drills with my mws aswel reload practice at home since i cant shoot there hehe. 

2 hours ago, Wo1f said:

mine's not arrived yet but ive ordered the vortex too. Worth it all day long in my opinion. never loose zero because it's real steel and the warranty is fantastic. Why sped £50 on an airsoft replica that'll either break or get shot out. I can shoot out a vortex and they'll just give me a new one, no questions asked.

Exactly my thought!!

1 hour ago, itsme said:

1 hour ago, itsme said:

PAYDAAAAY! 

i'm going to the shooting range for the first time today i wanna enroll in ipsc. I love doing drills with my mws aswel reload practice at home since i cant shoot there hehe. 

Oh awesome mate your going to love it. My local club (FPS) is hosting the European championship in a months time. I won't be shooting tho just recording footage.

2 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

If you get some good footage of MWS IPSC put it up - ps no music and good gas blow back sound! 👍

i'm going for RS license for IPSC. I might feel a bit weird doing airsoft IPSC at the gun range, not sure as its the first time i'm going in belgium today. Can't do IPSC yet so might ask if i can do it with my airsoft replicas before i get my license.

Dave i'm wondering if i would get any advantage putting your nub in the mws if i only use .25/.28 indoors. max length i have to shoot is about 40 meters which i should be able to do with the standard rif.

Oh way cool then, one day! (I will get my license)

Yoi certainly don't need the Super Nub for range purposes but you will still benefit from the tighter grouping it gives, especially left/right flight deviation.

29 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

If you get some good footage of MWS IPSC put it up - ps no music and good gas blow back sound! 👍

I will have some next week, just waiting on some pouches for my mags 😁

Has anyone experienced problems with their iron airsoft pmag? 

for some weird reason I cant even load the magazine properly... the mag release wont even catch the magazine in place. (unless i really force it in and sometimes i try tapping the mag a few times it still wont load properly). 

Talked to a few people about this issue but most of them seems not having the same issue i have :/

Never ran them personally but I know a guy with an MTR who’s had nothing but problems with them from fitment to gassing out. They’re like the 20 round mags. Buy 1 if you want to take a picture for a look, but nothing beats the original 35 rounders for in game. 

18 hours ago, bapexxx said:

Has anyone experienced problems with their iron airsoft pmag? 

for some weird reason I cant even load the magazine properly... the mag release wont even catch the magazine in place. (unless i really force it in and sometimes i try tapping the mag a few times it still wont load properly). 

Talked to a few people about this issue but most of them seems not having the same issue i have 😕

I spoke to a guy recently that said they had to be heavily modified to work. I just received my 3 mags from rainbow8 they took 5 days to come 😂(HK to UK) and I paid no customs charges 😁

59 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

😂and I paid no customs charges 😁

Fingers crossed mine come through no issue 

Just received my super nub today. Pretty little thing. Can't wait for the armorer wrench so I can swap it all out 

Guest Yukarin
1 hour ago, LoneWolf said:

Hi guys , does anyone know if the madbull Daniel defense mk18 rail will fit straight to the mws without any mods?I have a g&p outer barrel 

If its the G&P outer barrel for the MWS like I have, then it should fit without needing an adapter ring. However, most mk18 rails require a few barrel shims to avoid barrel wobble.

1 hour ago, peeved87 said:

Fingers crossed mine come through no issue 

Just received my super nub today. Pretty little thing. Can't wait for the armorer wrench so I can swap it all out 

I did the same, striped it down, and found the barrel nut worked its way loose from vibrations...

22 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Never ran them personally but I know a guy with an MTR who’s had nothing but problems with them from fitment to gassing out. They’re like the 20 round mags. Buy 1 if you want to take a picture for a look, but nothing beats the original 35 rounders for in game. 

yea..I should have asked before I bought them.... I have got 2 sitting around now -.- sad times.

4 hours ago, Whisky1 said:

I spoke to a guy recently that said they had to be heavily modified to work. I just received my 3 mags from rainbow8 they took 5 days to come 😂(HK to UK) and I paid no customs charges 😁

Do you know he did to make them work? Yea rainbow8 is quick on delivery man. Bought 5 tm mags from them only took 2 days to arrive lol.

Took mine out for a first game this weekend - but not before fitting a new rail.  No internal upgrades as wanted to get a feel for the base performance, but had loads of fun with it and .28s. Even in the last game I was still enjoying the feel, sound and smell of using the thing - didn’t wear off at all on me. Made me laugh how many other players would stop and ask me about it mid-game too, normally noticing the sound at first.

Next I’m going to swap the mag valves out so I can get propane to fill properly and then will upgrade to the super nub, modify tan and prommy barrel (all waiting to go but didn’t want to soil the bucking with the crap in the Abbey gas).

So glad I found this thread resulting in me getting an MWS.

0B1C54D1-064B-44FA-A3E4-BBBA9B1F6845.thumb.jpeg.d89cbae0362ec6fbec7c4519be3fd9d5.jpeg

Guest Yukarin
31 minutes ago, RossF said:

Took mine out for a first game this weekend - but not before fitting a new rail.  No internal upgrades as wanted to get a feel for the base performance, but had loads of fun with it and .28s. Even in the last game I was still enjoying the feel, sound and smell of using the thing - didn’t wear off at all on me. Made me laugh how many other players would stop and ask me about it mid-game too, normally noticing the sound at first.

Next I’m going to swap the mag valves out so I can get propane to fill properly and then will upgrade to the super nub, modify tan and prommy barrel (all waiting to go but didn’t want to soil the bucking with the crap in the Abbey gas).

So glad I found this thread resulting in me getting an MWS.

0B1C54D1-064B-44FA-A3E4-BBBA9B1F6845.thumb.jpeg.d89cbae0362ec6fbec7c4519be3fd9d5.jpeg

Keep me updated on the fill valves, hoping it fixes the propane adaptor issue it for you as it did for me.

are these all brand new mags? I've been filling mine up for over a year with propane on standard valves and i can't work out why people have issues.