THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 20:59, RossF said:

Can’t wait for my first game with this! On that actually, I’m having to wait for my mags to arrive from Rainbow 8 as nowhere UK based have them in stock! Apparently this is because TM no longer produce them, instead they’re calling the Type 89 mags Type 89/M4, which sucks because they’re a more bluey, satin finish rather than the matt grey finish.

Can anyone confirm this? 

Would really suck to have different color mags imo. Can anyone post a comparison pic of the 2 mags? 

Thank you :)

On 27/06/2019 at 19:59, RossF said:

Apparently this is because TM no longer produce them, instead they’re calling the Type 89 mags Type 89/M4, which sucks because they’re a more bluey, satin finish rather than the matt grey finish.

I have a hard time believing this is true. It’s more likely they would discontinue the Type 89 and mags than the MWS mags. TM build in batches so I suspect that they just don’t have a batch on the build list for a month or two, hence the shortage, but will be available again soon. This has happened before. 

11 minutes ago, Jimmeh said:

I have a hard time believing this is true. It’s more likely they would discontinue the Type 89 and mags than the MWS mags. TM build in batches so I suspect that they just don’t have a batch on the build list for a month or two, hence the shortage, but will be available again soon. This has happened before. 

That's what i would assume aswel. If only they would have the infrastructure to make bigger batches. I'm looking for an mws nozzle and mag feeding lips but even in japan everything is sold out :( 

• Supporters

Hhmmm i see some pople having issues with their MWS, i will count my lucky stars then.

Took my TM MWS out on Sunday and my oh my di it impress.

Yeah Using Green Gas she was shooting 330FPS using .020g BBs and around 295FPS on .28g BBs.

Stock Hop chamber, hop arm, hop rubber and bucking the MWS was sending BBs so far i was losing sight of them.

My Vortex optics was so on point that where ever i pointed it at was guaranteed a hit!

Gas in mags were good enough for full auto dump (not that i do this, i use mostly semi).

Lock back worked everytime, i must say iw as mucho impressed and plan to take her out again.

4 hours ago, bapexxx said:

Has anyone tried ASG short dot sight? I am thinking of getting one for my lvoa m4 build.

Haven't tried it but I did try out both the VisionKing and the Nuprol ZR10 which are both around the same price as the ASG.  I found the Nuprol had better eye relief compared to the Visionking (though both were very good) but the Nuprol suffered extremely bad fish-eye distortion which wasn’t noticeable on the VK, which also offered s brighter image. 

No idea how the ASG compares - but I’ve seen a lot of people say the VisionKing  is the best bang for buck at sub £100.  I also considered the ASG but couldn’t find much about it.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, bapexxx said:

Has anyone tried ASG short dot sight? I am thinking of getting one for my lvoa m4 build.

Assuming you have never had a GBBR before, avoid going cheap not name brand or even cheap brand sights for the TM GBBRs.

Remember most airsoft clone sights are made more for looks than functionality, you might slap on a RDS on a GBBR then zero it but after 5 shots or so find that its no longer zero'd due to poor manufacturing and tolerances as these sights have difficulty maintaining a zero due to the recoil shock (as little as it may be) on a GBBR.

Buy a reputable brand sight that has been tested to withstand recoil shock, .22 should be fine, no need for it to withstand .338 Lapua Magnum recoil.

A lot of people will recommend Vortex sights, i myself have equipped my MWS with a Vortex StrikeFire II Red Dot Sight, it has never lost zero despite hundreds of rounds being through my MWS and if its damaged in anyway bar deliberate damage they will replace it, no ifs, no buts for the lifetime of the sight. Yeah you pay extra but you get a nitrogen filled sight (so no internal fogging), its waterproof, holds its zero, well made and has a lifetime no quibble warranty.

21 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

Ive bit the bullet and ordered a hop unit. Obviously in time will see how it performs, once broken in etc.

If not I wasted a good chunk of £30 for them all. But if you dont try, you dont know. But I am looking forward to using the SRS buckings. 

Its funny cause my TM MP7 GBB uses a similar design as the Laylax unit to push on the bucking centrally. Probably would work well in that unit. 

Ill get back to you guys once ive had some results.

If you’re not happy with the flamingos I would be surprised but if you’re not happy either send Dan a message and see if he’ll refund them otherwise I know someone who would buy them off you

10 hours ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

my two arrived yesterday too, it'll be interesting to compare notes once I've installed and tested it properly in a few weeks. (they are going in two very different rifles though, my gas M40A5 and the mk11)

I was hoping to have my FNX, but Defcon have no date for me when the next batch are due in. One is going in that, the other my mp7 and probably the other in my scar. I’m down to one Mws now and that’s got a special hop in it, so it won’t be getting swapped out for any bucking. 

If you are already 100% happy with your MWS's accuracy, then no need to change. Just stick to what you have.

The Mod tan and SixG nub has cemented itself as the "Go to" set up. It just works. How ever Im a mechanic by trade. And I enjoy tinkering and trying stuff so thats why ive forked out the extra to get the right hop unit to make the Flamingo work. Any bet the Laylax unit will make the normal set up even better too. 

From the initial get go of the Flamingo bucking in my HK45, it was consistent and accurate. Some thing the TNT TR buckings really are not. Mainly due to the small locating tab allowing it to rotate in the hop unit.

So guys after lots of contemplating and realising the npas is out of stock everywhere I'm going to order the FG LFS discs, has anyone used these? Any tips or tricks to installing them? 

Cheers lads. 

16 hours ago, RossF said:

Haven't tried it but I did try out both the VisionKing and the Nuprol ZR10 which are both around the same price as the ASG.  I found the Nuprol had better eye relief compared to the Visionking (though both were very good) but the Nuprol suffered extremely bad fish-eye distortion which wasn’t noticeable on the VK, which also offered s brighter image. 

No idea how the ASG compares - but I’ve seen a lot of people say the VisionKing  is the best bang for buck at sub £100.  I also considered the ASG but couldn’t find much about it.

cool! thanks for your input. I will check those 2 scope out.

15 hours ago, Shizbazki said:

Assuming you have never had a GBBR before, avoid going cheap not name brand or even cheap brand sights for the TM GBBRs.

Remember most airsoft clone sights are made more for looks than functionality, you might slap on a RDS on a GBBR then zero it but after 5 shots or so find that its no longer zero'd due to poor manufacturing and tolerances as these sights have difficulty maintaining a zero due to the recoil shock (as little as it may be) on a GBBR.

Buy a reputable brand sight that has been tested to withstand recoil shock, .22 should be fine, no need for it to withstand .338 Lapua Magnum recoil.

A lot of people will recommend Vortex sights, i myself have equipped my MWS with a Vortex StrikeFire II Red Dot Sight, it has never lost zero despite hundreds of rounds being through my MWS and if its damaged in anyway bar deliberate damage they will replace it, no ifs, no buts for the lifetime of the sight. Yeah you pay extra but you get a nitrogen filled sight (so no internal fogging), its waterproof, holds its zero, well made and has a lifetime no quibble warranty.

hmm.... the vortex is quite a lot more expensive. :/ maybe in the future hahaha

How would I go about modding the MWS to look like a Vietnam era M16A1?  

Guest Yukarin
3 minutes ago, damster117 said:

Is the RA Tech npas that also fits we rifles the one t o get for MWS?

Nope. Need one specifically for Marui GBBR. The normal RA-TECH NPAS is for WE GBBR and TM pistols.

Guest Yukarin
1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

How would I go about modding the MWS to look like a Vietnam era M16A1?  

Wiitech do a blank m16a1 lower but not the upper. May require getting an M16A1 upper custom made somewhere.

You’d struggle with the carry handle upper. You’d have to extensively modify a standard upper and bond/weld a handle to it and then file it all down. 

Not worth the expense or effort then.  Guess its back to Plan A of a WE GBBR M16A1

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Not worth the expense or effort then.  Guess its back to Plan A of a WE GBBR M16A1

You can get those and XM’s from the factory, right?

Think so. Found a place doing uppers and lowers 

So without modification, how many shots should you get on a full green gas mag. 

Then roughly how much more with modification 

Lots of variables but the difference can be upto double the amount of shots depending on how much tube you cut off, how fast you spam the trigger or full auto.

As above it is most definitely worth doing, it's a mod that you're stupid if you don't do it really.

Just halve the length of the tube, don't fully remove it.

Will do. I only got one full mag barely through the mag. The mag was acting like the gas was full, but I wonder if it was in part the bottle fill. The plastic Abbey bottle perhaps isn't best. I'm now considering propane or just going back to nuprol