THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Good morning Gentlemen..

So i have just got myself a lovely cqbr and its amazing!

only problem is its a tad hot in this beautiful weather.

so my question is do i get get the FG disc's or the RA NPAS? 

And would anyone have a link to how you fit either one? 

Sorry if this a stupid question im just abit lost with it all, as this is my first GBBR.

Have a great day lads

Whisky.

19 hours ago, Wo1f said:

No, I’ve never altered any of the valves on the magazines besides doing the green gas mod. 

With the flamingo you want a long contact patch concave nub. A maple leaf omega or a T nub will be a good start. 

Spoke with SniperMechanic (Dan) the other week and he’s actually looking to get hold of another MWS for a DMR build he suggested to use the omega nub as that’s what he’s tested with. 

Moreover in relation to the flamingo the bucking itself is incredibly consistent vertically and horizontally. A friend of mine has been testing one of the pre releases and I’ve shot his VSR with it and it shoots incredibly well. 

1 hour ago, Whisky1 said:

Good morning Gentlemen..

So i have just got myself a lovely cqbr and its amazing!

only problem is its a tad hot in this beautiful weather.

so my question is do i get get the FG disc's or the RA NPAS? 

And would anyone have a link to how you fit either one? 

Sorry if this a stupid question im just abit lost with it all, as this is my first GBBR.

Have a great day lads

Whisky.

You could simply try lower power gas, or shoot in the shade 😂

6 hours ago, Davegolf said:

You could simply try lower power gas, or shoot in the shade 😂

😂😂 I've tried nuprol 2.0 but it's still ticking over slightly and in my cqb site it gets bloody warm! 

My super nub arrived today and I was very impressed with the service as I only ordered yesterday.

24 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

😂😂 I've tried nuprol 2.0 but it's still ticking over slightly and in my cqb site it gets bloody warm! 

My super nub arrived today and I was very impressed with the service as I only ordered yesterday.

Nuprol 1.0 

3 hours ago, Whisky1 said:

Yep... just tested my m4 today... shooting way too hot (was using nuprol 2.0). Switched to nurpol 1.0 still slightly over the limit. 😂

20190629_203709.jpg

Ok so used my MTR for the first time on a hot day today, and found it was shooting too hot on abbey predator and nuprol 2.0, so I used abbey 144a. With all gases however I found the bolt lock had stopped working, maybe due to the temp also, but I fixed this but unscrewing the buffer tube one rotation. So far so good. Trouble is I’ve found the gun sluggish on 144a and some mags barely fired every round before running out of gas.  Would I be better using more powerful gas with an Npas in hot weather?  Any other options?

Have you increased the gas capacity of your mags? AKA green gas mod.

Yes high power gas and reduced output nozzle gives the best of both.

A high speed buffer also reduces cycle time without affecting mag empty bolt catch.

14 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Have you increased the gas capacity of your mags? AKA green gas mod.

Yes high power gas and reduced output nozzle gives the best of both.

A high speed buffer also reduces cycle time without affecting mag empty bolt catch.

No I haven't, I've heard mixed views on whether the mag tubes should be cut down one inch, removed altogether or not modified at all! 

Are there any downsides to the high speed buffer?  I'd like to fiddle as little as possible really.  If I can get the snappy response using high power gas and lower the fps via the npas this might be better.  I've never fitted one of these before as it's my first gas rifle, are they tricky to do?

3 hours ago, damster117 said:

No I haven't, I've heard mixed views on whether the mag tubes should be cut down one inch, removed altogether or not modified at all! 

Are there any downsides to the high speed buffer?  I'd like to fiddle as little as possible really.  If I can get the snappy response using high power gas and lower the fps via the npas this might be better.  I've never fitted one of these before as it's my first gas rifle, are they tricky to do?

I wonder what is the reason for not modifiying at all. It has been written above that removing it entirely could cause inconsistency due to the liquid gas in the chamber. But if you cut it in half there should not be any issue. Or do I miss something?

3 hours ago, M.a.r.v.i.n said:

I wonder what is the reason for not modifiying at all. It has been written above that removing it entirely could cause inconsistency due to the liquid gas in the chamber. But if you cut it in half there should not be any issue. Or do I miss something?

From what I’ve read by going through this thread thoroughly before buying my MWS, it sounds like cutting above the valve is fine but removing completely compromises consistency. Haven’t seen any reason not to cut it just above the valve.

I should mention I haven’t done it yet though so can’t speak from experience. I will be though, just waiting for my mags to get through customs... 

37 minutes ago, itsme said:

Thursdays my rail should be in, super siked for this!!

35F7345B-14EC-4068-A185-525FB3E8EDD0.jpeg

Awesome, what rail are you getting?

13 hours ago, RossF said:

Awesome, what rail are you getting?

The noveske 7" I play solely cqb

RAIL_NOVESKE_7_KEYMOD.jpg

Update on Flamingo buckings:

Needs a the Laylax hop unit to work really. The stock Marui unit just pushes down on the first part of the contact patch, and not the whole area, regardless of nub.

How ever, What I can tell you these do fit the stock Marui barrels. I've fit one to my HK45 with a H plate, and it shoots just as good as the mod tan currently. Ill range test it at the field Sunday

33 minutes ago, Cipher-032 said:

Update on Flamingo buckings:

Needs a the Laylax hop unit to work really. The stock Marui unit just pushes down on the first part of the contact patch, and not the whole area, regardless of nub.

How ever, What I can tell you these do fit the stock Marui barrels. I've fit one to my HK45 with a H plate, and it shoots just as good as the mod tan currently. Ill range test it at the field Sunday

Well that’s disappointing. If it isn’t w vast improvement over the modify tan which is just a conventional hop up mound then they hype doesn’t match the results. 

Same old same old, I think a potato waffle type patch will be ace.

All a BB ultimately wants is a contact area the same profile as itself - so it centres and it gets good bit of friction.

11 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Well that’s disappointing. If it isn’t w vast improvement over the modify tan which is just a conventional hop up mound then they hype doesn’t match the results. 

Ive bit the bullet and ordered a hop unit. Obviously in time will see how it performs, once broken in etc.

If not I wasted a good chunk of £30 for them all. But if you dont try, you dont know. But I am looking forward to using the SRS buckings. 

Its funny cause my TM MP7 GBB uses a similar design as the Laylax unit to push on the bucking centrally. Probably would work well in that unit. 

Ill get back to you guys once ive had some results.

9 hours ago, damster117 said:

The exposed exposed length of tube is 90mm, cut 45 off the top.

Job done best of both worlds.

Are there any downsides to the high speed buffer?

Functions as per standard, just faster.

I've never fitted one of these before as it's my first gas rifle, are they tricky to do?

That depends on your general mechanical skill level.

Its pretty easy to do, can be a tad fiddly is all.

20 hours ago, damster117 said:

I've cut mine down and it holds more gas for sure, don't see any change in the consistensy of shots.

I stuck the same skewer i used to replace the mag spring into the tube to see where the filling valve was and used a marker to see how long i could cut it. I left +- 1 inch extra so the zinc tube is a bit larger than the filling valve as this is the reason why some people get inconsistent shots (i've heard.) 

Can only recommend the mod. 

8 hours ago, Wo1f said:

For those interested, this is the inside of the flamingo bucking 

2CCB3207-1BB6-43E7-B3CB-AAE056EE6EE3.jpeg

@Cipher-032 I’ve got one to go in my mp7. 

my two arrived yesterday too, it'll be interesting to compare notes once I've installed and tested it properly in a few weeks. (they are going in two very different rifles though, my gas M40A5 and the mk11)