THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

10 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Orga is good. I prefer the Prometheus now as it’s steel. Pretty sure the EG barrel is AEG only though? Do they make an mws one? Mine is an aeg one but it’s a machined one off. 

damn! I just bought the Prometheus one.... here is the link... https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/prometheus-603mm-eg-inner-barrel-for-m4a1-mws-370mm
it is stated on the website that it is for the m4 mws... D:

Where do you guys get your upgrades from?
Any good shops is europe any one can tell me?

If its in europe its best for me not having to deal with customs is a positive thing :D

3 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Orga is good. I prefer the Prometheus now as it’s steel. Pretty sure the EG barrel is AEG only though? Do they make an mws one? Mine is an aeg one but it’s a machined one off. 

Damned, I was so impatient, that ordered ORGA... But asume, It will do the job pretty good I hope? Or what is the issue with ORGA? Some bad experience with longer use? Yeah, they really do EG for MWS... look

PM-4571443139559.jpg

37 minutes ago, LEGXGPF said:

Damned, I was so impatient, that ordered ORGA... But asume, It will do the job pretty good I hope? Or what is the issue with ORGA? Some bad experience with longer use? Yeah, they really do EG for MWS... look

PM-4571443139559.jpg

Got one of those myself for my MTR16.

Overall build quality seems very good.

Can´t give any more feedback yet though since I am waiting for other upgrades to arrive as well before installing it.

Oh by the way last Sunday my complete stock MTR16 was outranging a VSR10 with high ground advantage... Speaks volumes regarding the quality of these things :D

On 16/06/2019 at 21:17, itsme said:

i use green devils and did have any problems so far. 

wasn't a problem with the fill valve in there really. measured it down and cut it with a pipe cutter, about 5 minutes per magazine, easy mod. :D 

i don't even have a shop in belgium selling non bio bb's. 

Annoyingly my boss has now switched my Saturdays. Doesnt mater though.

Ill have a look into them. If not its a case of running the Mk23 as a primary :D

Nothing wrong with the Orga at all. Performance was very good. I just prefer the steel of the Prometheus as it’s more hard wearing than brass. That Prometheus barrel is for the mws and will work fine 👍.

the one in my mk12 project started off as an AEG barrel and was modified to work. 

3 hours ago, _FIL_ said:

Where do you guys get your upgrades from?
Any good shops is europe any one can tell me?

If its in europe its best for me not having to deal with customs is a positive thing :D

skirmshop NL

On 18/06/2019 at 09:33, Kayzeroth said:

Well, go ahead and grab some coffee and hit play on that Spotify Playlist

Hello guys, Cheers from Panama City, Panama. (Central America just in case)

i bought my MTR16 a couple of months ago and was waiting to be a least on half of the build i am planing to share with you guys the excitement, the process and the findings with the journey

20190609_155945.thumb.jpg.5395364345f07cc48d89c0c5c4ce1330.jpg

So, i have played once on a game and also several practices with my team as you can notice some scratches. 

I have to say that is one of the very best GBBRs that i have tested, i have shot with KWA LM4s, GHKs M4 and G5 and this is one of the most quality out of the box that i can feel.

Of course upgrades are necessary to give that personality and punch that the gun deserves to have

I play Milsim / Hardcore Milsim like 90% and even tho my main roll on my team is to be a sniper ( got a JG BAR10 tune up with Action Army Parts hitting 400 fps with 0.43 @3.07 Joules if you are interested)

i really wanted to go for the GBBR experience by being DMR/ Assault when i have the change or not allowed to play sniper at some areas or specific games. also being one of the instructors for some drills on the Practices with my team is great to have the your very own mainstream gun :v

Vanilla version of the gun was like this

20190609_161039.thumb.jpg.42fe56402221894065d64fba235ddcb0.jpg

My Limits for DMR are   2.23J máx. – 490 FPS

and for Assault are 1.60J máx. - 415 FPS

did some research since i was point blank on how GBBRs worked, had a clue but definitely not a Pro. decided to go for the ORGA LEX05 6.05 410mm for the inner barrel with the Modify TAN hop up and SixG nub ( classic copy paste from the 1st pages of the thread)

20190609_181339.thumb.jpg.48be7d641a20be1dcbeb4d260444bd45.jpg

Dont you love that outer barrel? i really enjoy this design

Since the MTR comes with a 250mm even tho it came on a 16" barrel ( a shame on my opinion) i decided to go full on outer barrel length.  this barrel was a PAIN to get. since there is not much sites that sell them ( as far as i know) tried but finally got it from French (i believe) with POWAIR6.

20190609_182132.thumb.jpg.e3776eac3fd5ac24b48c73d5963e227e.jpg

here you can appreciate the good work of Dave. fitting perfectly  and in symphony with the Modify TAN that has a singular density... perhaps i will try the Maple Leaf Autobot and Decepticon here since i use them on my Sniper having good results just  to see or confirm the findings of Wolf1 on the first pages of the thread regarding the hop up buckings.

something i have to mention is that TM put Thread Lock on everything on the barrel, from the muzzle break to the NUTS! wink wink.... it was a PAIN in the ass to unscrew all the nuts from the M-Lok barrel, took hammer, a nail, and 4 arms to hold it and being able to take it apart... i though i would damage the inlays for the tool with it.. and to put it back was a pain too. while hammering the middle section, hit o the threads for the outer nut and was almost impossible to put back in.

So after installing these, i literally got NO changes on the chrono neither FPS or JOULES change with these. i was expecting at least some 20-40 fps up due to the length of the barrel. but it looks like what i gain on length, i loose it on the bore of the barrel. since is a 6.05. i originally was looking for a 6.01 but was not able to find anyone anywhere. well there was some 6.01 but most are 250 or 370 something around that, but for me that was a Nope.

but yes, i had an ace under my sleeve...actually two

396591105_valvulagpydp.thumb.jpeg.3fe89c9817f2c422bb3bfa2d1c60f91a.jpeg

to Power up i decided to go with some options on  so called "high flow valves"

on your Left (red one just in case) you will find the G&P CNC Enhanced Nozzle Valve Set 5.0 and pay attention to the numbers since they change with the number. the higher the number the higher the power. but it still adaptable with this part image.png.a2d651edae26c0944144dc77c47da315.png

on your Right you will see the Dynamic Precision Enhanced Nozze Valve.

Now.

with the Dynamic Precision i felt a little bit happy since i see some hope to power up this thing

578469950_ValvuladynamicPrecision.thumb.jpeg.4562a17aa227fbfbffef426e96b7db10.jpeg

so with the Dynamic Precision Valve i went almost 100 fps up with .50 joules up.  and by the way this is with NO other Nozzle Enhanced part but the Dynamic Precision Enhanced Sealing Buffer which i find better quality than tm's original, also a bit tougher

20190613_234934.thumb.jpg.687175cb3b147943e4650e8fc1124868.jpg

for a DMR that previous reading was still weak for what i was looking for, but dont worry , remember i got 2 aces and this time went full hardcore with no measurements or holding on the go

I went with the G&P Nozzle and i have to tell you that i really was expecting, not  poor quality but at least mediocre from this coming from the G&P since is a mid level quality company and it actually leave me with my jaw drop to the ground. you will see why

but did not tried just the Nozzle, but went also with some upgrades for the Nozzle parts from Dynamic Precision...

A full set of Enhanced Nozzle Spring Sets

1303543079_springset.thumb.jpeg.25d3dacdc8a5011e91aef75db9b9ed0a.jpeg

there is the Valve Spring, the Guide Spring, the Nozzle Return Spring

they feel really good quality and the return spring is some tighter from the original and that helps on the performance

installed the G&P Valve and used the Valve Stopper ( i will call this part like that since i forgot the real name) image.png.a2d651edae26c0944144dc77c47da315.pngall the way from what i thought could be the max power set up... these valves comes with this so you can tune up on 3 different settings. Min- Mid- And Max power. 

and i got... this monstrosity

289164596_ValvulaRojaenmaximo.thumb.jpeg.1e917df1d509f47332c135f6c2da3eaa.jpeg

520 Fps with 0.20 at 2.52 Joules, and this is not the 1st reading,  i forgot to take a picture of the first shots. it was at 2.8 joules almost at 545 fps

this might be nothing compared other builds here that i know could be shooting higher and harder but for me was joy, i was astonish with the results

Sadly it was TOO HOT, i actually over pass my team and also marshals limits

then i decided to put it on the minimum settings, and i went down all the back like back with the TM stock valve.

forgot to take a picture of this, since i started to worry, it was getting late on the day and i was worry that the last resort. the MID section will not be either enough or will still by over passing the limits......

so dismount and put everything back with the MID section... and at this point i was so frustrated that i laterally was making plans to sell the gun with everything if it does not worked out ... almost like a rage quit when you loose those ranked matches at league of legends due to some troller's fault

so back to topic... my limits are 2.23 Joules - 490 FPS and then finally i was.... drums roll!!!

392225689_CronoDMRenpunto.thumb.jpeg.e05c007769d176f230d1801dd670d7f0.jpeg

JUST ON FUC^%&(* point!!!!

i almost cried when i saw these!! nothing was in vain!! all those over time hours of receiving calls from Kumar Patel with a problem on his Outlook were worth it!!!!

Finally hit this mark and im really satisfied with these results. the readings were very consistent.

i have not decided with what weight i will play... thinking about some .36s or .40s depending on the results .

Additionally have some extra parts.

i went with the Angry Gun Hard Kick Recoil Buffer. and i got to tell you that yes there is a lot of difference on this. even tho its angry gun, it fits just fine!

20190609_190743.thumb.jpg.760ce79196dbd4bdb1b16df7f6361b6b.jpg

and by the way that whitey creamy thing is PTFE Grease.... and yes you might be thinking i am a dumb already, but i have still not find out if the is good or not for it. i cleaned it out already... putted also some on the bolt carrier but i dont think is good there so cleaned out too....

can you tell me what you use to clean and lubricate yours?

so wrapping up i am very happy with this DMR/Assault build.... half way trough it. now moving o the externals

if you guys have any questions or would like me to post the part list that i used including the externals you see on the picture so far just let me know or reply to the post with your inquiry!

I also want to say thanks to all of those who have shared their finding, experiences and knowledge on this thread, they have been of great help,  hoping to make it bigger and better!! to all of you keep up with the good work !!

Now this is super cool! Thank you very much for this. I am planning to buy GP valve 5.0 so I am glad it performs so well. Here in Czech we dont usually have fps limits in games so I am lloking forward to do this upgrade.

So far I have upgraded super nub, tan bucking and 410mm 6.01 barrel. It did not increase fps very much unfoftunately. How ever it performs much better with heavy weight bbs. 

3 hours ago, M.a.r.v.i.n said:

Now this is super cool! Thank you very much for this. I am planning to buy GP valve 5.0 so I am glad it performs so well. Here in Czech we dont usually have fps limits in games so I am lloking forward to do this upgrade.

So far I have upgraded super nub, tan bucking and 410mm 6.01 barrel. It did not increase fps very much unfoftunately. How ever it performs much better with heavy weight bbs. 

Thanks, very glad you like it... 

where did you found that 6.01 410mm and what brand is it? i would like to try it too since it should be with better grouping and consistency with the shots

Hi guys! I have such a problem with the TM MWS carbine. Trigger mechanism sticks. When the weapon is cocked, it does not fire because it is under-cocked. To fully cocked trigger mechanism need a little rearrange the position in SAFE or AUTO, and only then will be a complete cocking.

I decided to pull out and clean the trigger mechanism. But I can't do it. Because I stopped at the point where I need to pull the selector, but it does not pull out due to the fact that I can not put the selector in SAFE mode. Even when the weapon is cocked and can shoot! What to do, prompt?

the method on this video does not work. the selector is too tight and won't come out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usxIMv5l_us&feature=youtu.be&t=74

Did you press the sear after locking the hammer back?

7 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Did you press the sear after locking the hammer back?

Yes. I recorded this action on video and you can watch it in my post.

I suggested to put the selector between SEMI and AUTO or SAFE and SEMI in 45 degrees, after which the selector out to just a few millimeters, but then how would I not twisted and is not crushed, it does not get out

upd:

As I said, after clicking on the sear, the mechanism is not fully cocked if the selector is in the SEMI position.  But!  If the selector is initially in the AUTO position, then the mechanism is cocked immediately and ready to fire.  But even after that, the selector cannot be placed in the SAFE position.  As well as the selector can not pull out.  Only a few of millimeters.

First milsim with my CQBR, carried out a 1am raid and it was hilarious listening to the other team shouting because they heard me shooting and scooting. 

Double tapping people whilst you hear full auto queens rinsing a mid cap and you do a 4 hour mission using a mag and a half 👍🏻

300A382E-2CE8-441B-8585-B6D6336F0059.jpeg

Hello everybody, I upgraded my rif with parts recomended the most here, i.e. Modify TAN bucking + SuperG brass nub. I also added tightbore barrel MapleLeaf 410mm 6.01mm.

1743310472_MWSbarrel.thumb.JPG.f2af3e0c953db982b8a62a9eb4fc887b.JPG

I never found any exact measurements of the difference in fps and projectile energy while using short and widebore barrel vs. long tightbore barrel. Therefore I decided to have a nice evening with chrono and several weights of bbs and measure it myself.

I used chrono AIR CHRONY MK1 (
https://www.anareus.cz/detail.php?id=12868). The web is in Czech language but it basicaly says that this is high end and precise chrono. Measurement were all taken indoor with air temperature around 22 celcius. Humidity was around 45-50%, therefore indoor average. I measured velocity in m/s and then converted it to fps with conversion of 1m/s = 3.28084 FPS.

I used several weights of BBs. These are: BLS precision 0.20g; G&G white 0.28g; Madbull 0.40g; Novritsch 0.49; BLS Precision 0.50g.

First I used vanilla/stock rifle and took five shots of each BB. Then I did the upgrade, i.e. change bucking, nub and barrel, and again I took five shots each. You can find result in table hereunder. In green cells there are mws stock shots and in red cells there are shots after the upgrade. 

851560814_MWStable049.jpg.135793d1d786a17095b768195386bdb1.jpgMWS table.xlsx613414274_MWStable050.jpg.334244483ce9603a8f31a77fcee8b0d4.jpg
Edit: Please ignore measurement of the fisrt shot with BB Novritsch 0.49 taken with stock MWS. It is a typo and I dont remember the correct measurement. 

What I find interesting is this:

1. I feel like I dont have enought fps in stock/vanilla rifle. If I remember correctly some people said their stock rifle has around 330fps. Can anyone confirm this?

2. Increase is not what I expected. I though it would be 20% and more because it is tightbore barrel which is 170mm longer than the stock one. Has anyone different experience?

3. Increase in fps and especially in energy is more significant with heavy weight BBs.

4. Consistency is very good. However I havent seen prolonged measurement in any other rifle and I took only 5 shots.

Please feel free to comment. I am very interested in your findings and opinions.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, M.a.r.v.i.n said:

Hello everybody, I upgraded my rif with parts recomended the most here, i.e. Modify TAN bucking + SuperG brass nub. I also added tightbore barrel MapleLeaf 410mm 6.01mm.

I never found any exact measurements of the difference in fps and projectile energy while using short and widebore barrel vs. long tightbore barrel. Therefore I decided to have a nice evening with chrono and several weights of bbs and measure it myself.

https://www.anareus.cz/detail.php?id=12868). The web is in Czech language but it basicaly says that this is high end and precise chrono. Measurement were all taken indoor with air temperature around 22 celcius. Humidity was around 45-50%, therefore indoor average. I measured velocity in m/s and then converted it to fps with conversion of 1m/s = 3.28084 FPS.

I used several weights of BBs. These are: BLS precision 0.20g; G&G white 0.28g; Madbull 0.40g; Novritsch 0.49; BLS Precision 0.50g.

First I used vanilla/stock rifle and took five shots of each BB. Then I did the upgrade, i.e. change bucking, nub and barrel, and again I took five shots each. You can find result in table hereunder. In green cells there are mws stock shots and in red cells there are shots after the upgrade. 

851560814_MWStable049.jpg.135793d1d786a17095b768195386bdb1.jpg MWS table.xlsx 13.93 kB · 2 downloads 613414274_MWStable050.jpg.334244483ce9603a8f31a77fcee8b0d4.jpg
Edit: Please ignore measurement of the fisrt shot with BB Novritsch 0.49 taken with stock MWS. It is a typo and I dont remember the correct measurement. 

1. I feel like I dont have enought fps in stock/vanilla rifle. If I remember correctly some people said their stock rifle has around 330fps. Can anyone confirm this?

2. Increase is not what I expected. I though it would be 20% and more because it is tightbore barrel which is 170mm longer than the stock one. Has anyone different experience?

3. Increase in fps and especially in energy is more significant with heavy weight BBs.

4. Consistency is very good. However I havent seen prolonged measurement in any other rifle and I took only 5 shots.

Please feel free to comment. I am very interested in your findings and opinions.

Thanks!

Now this was quite a homework bro haha, very nice presentation and interesting findings. i hope to see the same chart once you put any high valve on it to see the changes !

11 hours ago, M.a.r.v.i.n said:

This is known as Joule creep, it’s something which happens with spring sniper rifles, gas guns and HPA and doesn’t happen very often with AEGs because the amount of air being used to push the BB in an AEG is usually too little for the length of it’s inner barrel. 

Whereas a well tuned spring sniper rifle will have the perfect cylinder size to barrel length ratio which when you start using heavier BBs the joules will creep up. 

Obviously with gas and HPA they usually fire more compressed gas than necessary therefore causing the same issue mentioned above.

example: my gas sniper rifle chrono’s on 0.2 at ~420fps which is 1.65J whereas when I use 0.48s like I do during games it’s on ~320fps which is on the limit of 2.3J. 

17 hours ago, M.a.r.v.i.n said:

851560814_MWStable049.jpg.135793d1d786a17095b768195386bdb1.jpg MWS table.xlsx 13.93 kB · 2 downloads 613414274_MWStable050.jpg.334244483ce9603a8f31a77fcee8b0d4.jpg

Thanks!

Fantastic post, mate. 

Some of the newer gen MWS’s have different float valves that lower the FPS. The gen 1’s were breaking the 1j limit in Japan under certain conditions so they changed it. With gas guns you’ll always get a larger joule increase than FPS increase though because it’s a self adjusting volume system depending on BB weight 

I was getting a 60ish FPS increase with a 410mm. It could be the amount of hop applied, or perhaps it isn’t creating a good seal with the bucking. If it’s consistent it shouldn’t be that though. 

Anybody knows if I will need the pts ring for this type of rail? Or would it be better for me to buy a 6,5" outer barrel with a wider lip? Anybody knows of a suitable outer?

On 17/06/2019 at 02:22, Kayzeroth said:

Long and tighter Inner barrel along side with a high flow valve. i personally recommend the G&P Nozzle Valve 5.0 (The Red One) is variable so you can control how much you can obtain!

Hi,

I am assuming I need to install the nozzle valve on to the magazine? Sorry to ask such a noob question :P

Thanks,

10 hours ago, bapexxx said:

Hi,

I am assuming I need to install the nozzle valve on to the magazine? Sorry to ask such a noob question :P

Thanks,

oh sorry when i said High Flow Valve im talking about the Nozzle Valve not the valve of the Magazines

hey guys , how many meters have with sixGbrass nub and modify with 0.3gr and 1.14J to max ?