THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

I want to buy another ten, but it will have to wait for another time 😂

stick with propane unless you live in colder climates. I don’t use Map gas anymore. I prefer to use Guarder power up gas. It seems to performs as well and doesn’t stink, which is a nice bonus. 

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

I want to buy another ten, but it will have to wait for another time 😂

stick with propane unless you live in colder climates. I don’t use Map gas anymore. I prefer to use Guarder power up gas. It seems to performs as well and doesn’t stink, which is a nice bonus. 

Thank you for the advice. I found Guarder power up gas in one of my shop and there is some note about not use it in Tokyo Marui guns and some other Japanese brands ... In low temperature (below 5) is safe to use it?

And finally your opinion on 370mm barrel (which one is your favourite?) with SixG nub and modify Bucking? Do I need NPAS?

Thank you

1 hour ago, LEGXGPF said:

Thank you for the advice. I found Guarder power up gas in one of my shop and there is some note about not use it in Tokyo Marui guns and some other Japanese brands ... In low temperature (below 5) is safe to use it?

And finally your opinion on 370mm barrel (which one is your favourite?) with SixG nub and modify Bucking? Do I need NPAS?

Thank you

Seeing as you’ve got no limit to joules I would try and find as high flow rate nozzle as possible, that way you’re maximising the gas used to propel the BB therefore increasing the output energy therefore maximising Range. 

3 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

Seeing as you’ve got no limit to joules I would try and find as high flow rate nozzle as possible, that way you’re maximising the gas used to propel the BB therefore increasing the output energy therefore maximising Range. 

Can you give me some specific examples? Sorry, I am not lazy to use google but this is quite new deep knowledge for me. I just want to walk in right direction... People here have so much experience. I am glad for any help of you. Thank you.

Anyone else have issues using an Airsoft Innovations Propane adapter filling MWS magazines? I have green gas and non green gas modded magazines, and both magazines just spews propane everywhere without taking any in. The adapter and propane both work with my other GBB mags (WE M4, TM Hi-Capa)

Any suggestions? Prehaps install some silent o-rings?

These magazines spew only a very small amount of gas if its from a Green gas bottle (tried nuprol 2.0 and 3.0, they both fill them fine!)

17 hours ago, LEGXGPF said:

Can you give me some specific examples? Sorry, I am not lazy to use google but this is quite new deep knowledge for me. I just want to walk in right direction... People here have so much experience. I am glad for any help of you. Thank you.

Just fit the barrel you want as you don’t need to worry about it’s power level. Then if you want more power from it we can go from there. The gas warning is more for the plastic slide TM pistols. The mws is all metal so you’ve got no worries there. 

12 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

Anyone else have issues using an Airsoft Innovations Propane adapter filling MWS magazines? I have green gas and non green gas modded magazines, and both magazines just spews propane everywhere without taking any in. The adapter and propane both work with my other GBB mags (WE M4, TM Hi-Capa)

Any suggestions? Prehaps install some silent o-rings?

These magazines spew only a very small amount of gas if its from a Green gas bottle (tried nuprol 2.0 and 3.0, they both fill them fine!)

I’ve got one and it’s not let me down in years. The only problem I thought I’ve had with them is sometimes the plastic collar inside of the propane bottle is off spec and either doesn’t let any gas out or it pisses out the valve. 

6 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Just fit the barrel you want as you don’t need to worry about it’s power level. Then if you want more power from it we can go from there. The gas warning is more for the plastic slide TM pistols. The mws is all metal so you’ve got no worries there. 

I’ve got one and it’s not let me down in years. The only problem I thought I’ve had with them is sometimes the plastic collar inside of the propane bottle is off spec and either doesn’t let any gas out or it pisses out the valve. 

It's defo not the adapter, nor the current propane bottle (using Colemans) im using, as said it fills TM Hi-Capa magazines and WE M4 magazines perfectly fine. 

I'm going to swap the fill valve from one of my hi-capa magazines to one of mws magazines, as I believe i've noticed a difference in the internal nozzle lengths which may be affecting it.

6 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

It's defo not the adapter, nor the current propane bottle (using Colemans) im using, as said it fills TM Hi-Capa magazines and WE M4 magazines perfectly fine. 

I'm going to swap the fill valve from one of my hi-capa magazines to one of mws magazines, as I believe i've noticed a difference in the internal nozzle lengths which may be affecting it.

A damaged fill valve does seem to be the only other alternative 

6 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

A damaged fill valve does seem to be the only other alternative 

Then it seems all 8 of my MWS magazines have damaged fill valves! i'll swap the valves later on and keep the thread updated.

1 hour ago, UKCYukarin said:

Then it seems all 8 of my MWS magazines have damaged fill valves! i'll swap the valves later on and keep the thread updated.

The valve is seated in the base at an angle. Have you got it lined up right?

37 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

The valve is seated in the base at an angle. Have you got it lined up right?

Don't think its my filling technique, as the magazines fill fine with a proper green gas bottle.

Edit: Swapped the MWS fill valve in one of my magazines with one from one of my Hi-Capa magazines, and it fills up with propane perfectly fine now!  Looking at the fill valves in further detail, i noticed that the nozzle inside the MWS one is smaller in length (and slightly smaller in diameter) to my Hi-Capa one.

Will be ordering some Laylax Fill valves to mod the rest of my magazines.

7 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Ok, So ORGA LEX05 BARREL (371mm, 6,05mm) or Prometheus EG Barrel 6.03mm L: 370mm is good choice? I know that you were very satisfied with orga. Its still true? Thank you so much.

Hi guys, 

One of my mags BB lip broke, does anyone have a sort of instruction about taking the magazine apart. BTW what a hell to get this part in Europe. 

Thanks a lot. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Daanios said:

Hi guys, 

One of my mags BB lip broke, does anyone have a sort of instruction about taking the magazine apart. BTW what a hell to get this part in Europe. 

Thanks a lot. 

Hard luck, i guess you have tried looking at Eagle 6?

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/2501/s/tokyo-marui-m4a1-mws-magazine-bb-lip-for-m4-gbbr-series/

Shown Out of stock at the moment, put your self on teh waiting list and hope he gets stock soon.

Well I finally have popped my ZET system cherry. I am the proud owner of a CQBR and very impressed with the performance so far.

Just waiting on the valve key I ordered so that I can do remove the zinc tubes in the mags, on the topic of mags I ordered element mag assists by god they were poor quality (2/3 split down the seam as soon as I tried to fit them to the mags so they're now taped to hold them together. 3/10 would not recommend 😂 (only giving them a 3 because they're black do what they should and 1 didn't split)

I tested the gun on 0.25g bbs and green gas and was able to hit a target at 60m quite happily, I unfortunately have been quite busy and have only got a mag or so through the gun today and still need to properly set up the hop as I'm sure it can shoot further.

Tomorrow I am hoping to get the hop up unit out of the gun and test a few nubs and buckings, possibly even a prototype of sniper mechanics unreleased flamingo bucking which a friend has been testing in his VSR with great results. He reckons a ML Omega nub should fit in the hop window along with a 60 degree maple leaf auto bot bucking will do the trick for slinging 0.36s.

So does anybody Know Why tm puts the zinc tube in the Mags? 

Im gonna do the gas mod Tomorrow by cutting it with a pipe cutter. Any advantage to leaving it a little longer than the tube from the fill valve? 

7 hours ago, itsme said:

So does anybody Know Why tm puts the zinc tube in the Mags? 

Im gonna do the gas mod Tomorrow by cutting it with a pipe cutter. Any advantage to leaving it a little longer than the tube from the fill valve? 

It’s there so that the whole mag doesn’t fill with liquid “gas” it makes shot consistency slightly better but capacity a lot worse. When you fill your mag it will only allow up to the bottom of that tube to fill with liquid then up the tube. **referring to completely standard mags**

The advantage is possibly a slightly better consistency at the trade off of overall capacity if you leave say an inch on the tube 

Edited by DopeYourScope
Make it clear what I mean

Gas is stored in a liquid state.

The tube limits the amount of liquid to leave space for gas, which is what you fire the BB with, firing with liquid doesn't work too well!

By all means shorten the tube - but leave the tube longer than the fill valve, you'll have increased capacity and retain shot consistency

3 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Gas is stored in a liquid state.

The tube limits the amount of liquid to leave space for gas, which is what you fire the BB with, firing with liquid doesn't work too well!

By all means shorten the tube - but leave the tube longer than the fill valve, you'll have increased capacity and retain shot consistency

Thats what I meant, Dave to the rescue

If anyone wants a bargain: https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/classifieds/rifles-smg-s-for-sale/gas-gbb-rifles-smg-s/3057034-tm-mws not mine, but I make that a good price.

1 hour ago, itsme said:

2 down, 2 to go. No leaks so far. 

16FC32EC-CB08-4FB1-B611-60DBA96E24CD.jpeg

Remember you can remove the fill valve from that brass fitting to make life easier.

Does any one know if the MWS is happy using Bio bb's? Theres a site near me thats running a day game for tenner, but runs bio only. And my AEG's mosfet is dead. All I have is GBBR's and I'd want to run the MWS if I can.

Had a bit of a test today, unfortunately was unable to change any parts of the hop however had a conversation with Dan - SniperMechanic and he has confirmed a Maple Leaf Crazy Jet 250mm, Omega nub and a 60degree autobot will make the gun much more accurate and able to fire the weight ammo I'd like to.

Using a live target to confirm hits I was able to send 0.28s out to just 70m with a tad of wind. That is really the maximum range of most AEGs just shows how good these guns are standard.

44 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

GBB guns mash up BIOs usually

i use green devils and did have any problems so far. 

1 hour ago, Cipher-032 said:

Remember you can remove the fill valve from that brass fitting to make life easier.

Does any one know if the MWS is happy using Bio bb's? Theres a site near me thats running a day game for tenner, but runs bio only. And my AEG's mosfet is dead. All I have is GBBR's and I'd want to run the MWS if I can.

wasn't a problem with the fill valve in there really. measured it down and cut it with a pipe cutter, about 5 minutes per magazine, easy mod. :D 

i don't even have a shop in belgium selling non bio bb's.