THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, bapexxx said:

Im gonnna try doing it tonight. did u need to remove everything or u managed to just stick a layer of electric tape around it?

nah just took off the upper completely so i didn't bang it around when wrapping the tape around the catch. I also discovered that if I have the screw for the bad lever on too tight then the catch won't engage, so make sures yours is a little loose (tiny bit of play between the 2 parts of the bad lever)

13 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

nah just took off the upper completely so i didn't bang it around when wrapping the tape around the catch. I also discovered that if I have the screw for the bad lever on too tight then the catch won't engage, so make sures yours is a little loose (tiny bit of play between the 2 parts of the bad lever)

ok thanks for the tips. btw do you have the iron airsoft Pmag or tried using them? For some reason it isnt smooth at all when i put the pmag in. the original mag works perfectly and smooth. :/

54 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

ok thanks for the tips. btw do you have the iron airsoft Pmag or tried using them? For some reason it isnt smooth at all when i put the pmag in. the original mag works perfectly and smooth. 😕

nope, cant help you there, sorry.

I’m watching all the forums I can, I know that an MWS will be my next Airsoft purchase. If I can find a second hand one for a decent price I’ll be a member soon otherwise I’ll have to wait a few months 😢

5 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

I’m watching all the forums I can, I know that an MWS will be my next Airsoft purchase. If I can find a second hand one for a decent price I’ll be a member soon otherwise I’ll have to wait a few months 😢

you wont be disappointed with it :P

u can always finance it XD

7 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

you wont be disappointed with it :P

u can always finance it XD

I’m trying to keep the finance to a minimum 😂 worst case I’ll have to wait a few more paydays 

17 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

I’m trying to keep the finance to a minimum 😂 worst case I’ll have to wait a few more paydays 

haha i understand! im really tempted by this...http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Conversion_Kits_GBB_EMG_SAI_Gas_Blow_BackKit_For_Tokyo_Marui_M4_MWS_GBBR_Short_Cerakote_by_G_P.htm

I wonder if I am able to source all the parts and make one myself lol

On 18/04/2018 at 00:41, Wo1f said:

Manage to sort it, Sammo?

new rail.. not impressed that the trades aren’t there like the picture, but it will do. 

F60E922D-D9BC-41F9-AB7E-30C8426FEE47.jpeg

What's the outer barrel set up on this?

I'm looking at turning mine into a full 16" DMR and I really like the barrel you have used here.

I really dig the type 89 gbb but I’m just concerned about the aftermarket support. I’m mostly curious about whether I can do the same barrel and hop mods as m4 mws users and if there will ever be a shorter outer barrel or rail system. Prometheus/laylax make them for the type 89 aeg but I have no clue about the cross compatibility. Does anyone have any input on this?

6 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

I have done it. I have applied 3 - 4 layers. It kinda works. But at least now the bolt catch is catching but just not 100% of the time. Still better than before. Thank you very much. Anyway here is my on going project.... still a few things to add onto it...

IMG-20190612-WA0028.jpeg

38 minutes ago, bapexxx said:

I have done it. I have applied 3 - 4 layers. It kinda works. But at least now the bolt catch is catching but just not 100% of the time. Still better than before. Thank you very much. Anyway here is my on going project.... still a few things to add onto it...

IMG-20190612-WA0028.jpeg

mine catches 100% of the time, have you tried loosening the screw on the BAD lever a little bit?

7 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

mine catches 100% of the time, have you tried loosening the screw on the BAD lever a little bit?

Yep. There is a tiny bit movement on the lever. Maybe I need to actually put a tiny thing underneath that thing we wrapped with tape? I don't know I will try again tmr Haha. I'm playing escape from tarkov atm awesome game. If you are into PC game and hardcore shooting game. Escape from tarkov is one of the best out there atm.

1 minute ago, bapexxx said:

Yep. There is a tiny bit movement on the lever. Maybe I need to actually put a tiny thing underneath that thing we wrapped with tape? I don't know I will try again tmr Haha. I'm playing escape from tarkov atm awesome game. If you are into PC game and hardcore shooting game. Escape from tarkov is one of the best out there atm.

When i was wrapping around the bolt catch it was to put tape under it, so i have more tape under the catch, with some going all around it to hold it in place.

Tried Tarkov, not my thing at all.

16 hours ago, khryzs said:

What's the outer barrel set up on this?

I'm looking at turning mine into a full 16" DMR and I really like the barrel you have used here.

That’s the standard Mws barrel with the SPR (mk12) flash hider

21 hours ago, itsme said:

Can anybody confirm that any outerbarrel wil fit the MWS or do i need to look for something in particular, ive seen the post on one of the first pages from @Wo1f where he states that the dytac has a wider "lip" so aftermarket rails will fit without pts ring. I'm looking for a 7 or 8" barrel/rail.

will any brand do or does it have to be a dytac? I really want a heat treated outer barrel, any tips? 😀

Any Mws spec barrel will fit, but the Dytac I know has the wider lip to fit aftermarket barrel nuts for rails. There are others with wider lips like the model works outer barrels, but I’m not sure about the rest

Well looks like I’m off to collect a CQBR on Saturday so I’ll be joining the crew.

I’m going to need the valve tool for mws magazines if someone could link the correct one would be awesome.

I’ve got a 48hr milsim next weekend and was planning on using propane can someone post links to a propane adaptor and where you guys buy your propane from? 

Go for an Airsoft Innovations propane adapter, its plastic, but a very strong plastic and isn't as prone to freezing up compared to the metal versions, I found mine cheaper on Ebay but waited a while to get it.

Propane i get for around £9 to £10 from GoOutdoors with their discount card (£5 for one year). So it ends up being roughly the same price as a Green gas bottle but you get roughly 50% more gas per bottle.

For valve keys just google Tokyo Marui Valve key, can't even remember what brand mine was but I got it off ebay and it works perfectly for my TM pistol mags and the MWS magazines, you'll want one that has 3 different heads attached to it.

Edit: I think my key is an Element one.

22 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

Go for an Airsoft Innovations propane adapter, its plastic, but a very strong plastic and isn't as prone to freezing up compared to the metal versions, I found mine cheaper on Ebay but waited a while to get it.

Propane i get for around £9 to £10 from GoOutdoors with their discount card (£5 for one year). So it ends up being roughly the same price as a Green gas bottle but you get roughly 50% more gas per bottle.

For valve keys just google Tokyo Marui Valve key, can't even remember what brand mine was but I got it off ebay and it works perfectly for my TM pistol mags and the MWS magazines, you'll want one that has 3 different heads attached to it.

Edit: I think my key is an Element one.

Thanks mate I’ll get those ordered up, I’m hoping to use the CQBR and my VFC M40A5 next weekend, so going to try and get my Rifleman kit sorted in time as I’ve already sorted the stuff for my sneaky sniper 

On 06/06/2019 at 08:21, Fissure said:

Some pics on the way, lower is pretty much done now, was somewhat of a hassle to fit the selector switch. Used the pin from an iron airsoft MWS ambi selector and grinded it to the same specs as the RS selector switch pin. Worked out great, some minor filing on the trigger guard was required to align the holes for the screws, nothing major though and not visible when mounted on the lower.

Now its "just" the rethreading on the buffer tube thread left :)

Some parts on the parts, the modifications on the selector pin and then the lower. 

Finally my MWS DMR build (semi locked high FPS), fielded for the first time this weekend and it sure did give the bolty snipers a run for their money xD

IMG_20190603_175254.jpg

IMG_20190603_174256.jpg

IMG_20190604_181943.jpg

IMG_20190604_212837.jpg

IMG_20190606_151412.jpg

IMG_20190604_224512.jpg

IMG_20190606_143717.jpg

can you name or link that stock?? sick build bro, good work

Guys, is it normal to not having any increase of FPS or jouls by changing the stock inner barrel 250 mm by the ORGA 6.05 410 mm, i was specting a lil bit of high fps or jouls due to the joulecreep but i literally had no change at all... i understand it should not be that much but not at all? i got like 20-30 fps when i upgraded the inner barrel of my VSR10 Sniper..... is it due to the bore of the barrel? should i get a 6.01 ?
thanks for the reply guys!

Hello

Finally, it is home :-D

First of all i want thank you guys for that great thread. I find here so much information and this was a reason, that I decided to buy MWS. I am completely excited about basic performance and manufacturing.

Offcourse I want to step up to some upgrades and here the point where i have some questions on you...

1. I am already purchased SixG SUPER NUB and Modify Tan but dont have some good 370/371mm barrel... Its stil ORGA number one? Dave from SixG talking about prometheus 370mm and NPAS.

2. What gas is optimal to use? I know that Wo1F use Propane and he is satisfied. What about MAPP? Isn´t too strong for MWS? Now I am using some green gas from Abbey (Vertex, Ultra). I dont want to damage my new love, but ofc want some good performance stuff.

3. Do you have some tip, where to buy magazines in Europe? Its nearly impossible find some shop with no "out of stock" label. I have only ONE mag... Same with RA-Tech NPAS. I find only Marui/WE NPAS (looks same but is not black). Is there some difference? Overall is hard to find any vital parts for MWS I think(orga barrel just in one french shop...)

I am sorry for that mybee silly questions. I am quite new in GBBR, still learning and this will be my first upgrade ever. Little bit scared but excited. And offcourse sorry for my english I am from Czech republic and dont use it for a long time.

Thank you so much!

LEGXGPF

DSC_0214.jpg

43 minutes ago, LEGXGPF said:

Hello

Finally, it is home :-D

***snip***

Thank you so much!

LEGXGPF

What are your limits on FPS

I believe it was Wolf who said he would only use MAPP below 5°c as propane is effectively the same as green gas and it cycles well on the propane above that temp. 

I have a gas sniper rifle which I have been using on red gas (slightly higher pressure than MAPP) until very recently, now I’m down using what I can assume is MAPP as it is the middle ground between green and red. 

If you go with the longer barrel and you’re using propane you will of course increase the muzzle energy (increase FPS and joules) the same with using a tighter bore.

in regard to magazines I have been looking around and the only places I can find magazines in Europe are very expensive, I am currently looking at MLEmart and other Asia based sellers and working out whether it will be cheaper. 

52 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

What are your limits on FPS

I believe it was Wolf who said he would only use MAPP below 5°c as propane is effectively the same as green gas and it cycles well on the propane above that temp. 

I have a gas sniper rifle which I have been using on red gas (slightly higher pressure than MAPP) until very recently, now I’m down using what I can assume is MAPP as it is the middle ground between green and red. 

If you go with the longer barrel and you’re using propane you will of course increase the muzzle energy (increase FPS and joules) the same with using a tighter bore.

in regard to magazines I have been looking around and the only places I can find magazines in Europe are very expensive, I am currently looking at MLEmart and other Asia based sellers and working out whether it will be cheaper. 

Thank you for the quick reply. I have no limit on  FPS, cause I shooting in private sites on not living targets... not play airsoft games at all (Maybe in future... NPAS do potencial FPS reduction?)

If I will use propane I would like to care more about maintenance and lube inner parts. Is it right?

My idea is to make reliable accurate gun for longer range (not sniper ofc) I am newbie and for start want to change only Barrel, Nub and bucking... Maybe NPAS. I am glad for your advices.

In the reason that I have only one mag I didn´t make "green gas mag mod" yet... Is it necessary for my kind of upgrade? I will look for the mags in the Asia 😉

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

Sold the gun that started this thread the other day. Miss it already. 😭

4A3A93B4-E05A-4AE3-B804-E511F6F94368.jpeg

you know you want to buy another one :P

On 06/06/2019 at 14:21, Fissure said:

Some pics on the way, lower is pretty much done now, was somewhat of a hassle to fit the selector switch. Used the pin from an iron airsoft MWS ambi selector and grinded it to the same specs as the RS selector switch pin. Worked out great, some minor filing on the trigger guard was required to align the holes for the screws, nothing major though and not visible when mounted on the lower.

Now its "just" the rethreading on the buffer tube thread left :)

Some parts on the parts, the modifications on the selector pin and then the lower. 

Finally my MWS DMR build (semi locked high FPS), fielded for the first time this weekend and it sure did give the bolty snipers a run for their money xD

IMG_20190603_175254.jpg

IMG_20190603_174256.jpg

IMG_20190604_181943.jpg

IMG_20190604_212837.jpg

IMG_20190606_151412.jpg

IMG_20190604_224512.jpg

IMG_20190606_143717.jpg

nice! what trigger is that? it looks awesome.