THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

• Mostly Retired Moderators
1 hour ago, itsme said:

what a stupid law, where are you from brother? 

I believe it's Portugal...?

There's some guys on the Specna Facebook group that have a whole team with day-glo yellow bits on the rear and front of their gun.

I believe they cover it with camo tape during games..

10 hours ago, itsme said:

@_FIL_ what a stupid law, where are you from brother? 

Like criminals/terrorist can't paint their real weapons in flashy colors 😛 

@itsme You are absolutely right...

10 hours ago, L3wisD said:

I believe it's Portugal...?

There's some guys on the Specna Facebook group that have a whole team with day-glo yellow bits on the rear and front of their gun.

I believe they cover it with camo tape during games..

@itsme Just like @L3wisD said, I`m from Portugal.

We need those bits painted but we can cover them during games.

This is how I`m running it, for now at least, regarding attachments...since that paint is hidden as well 🤣

IMG_20190529_182745.jpg

So I'm now upgrading my currently stock MWS M4A1.

So far I have and Modify Tan bucking

An Orga 6.05mm 370mm barrel coming,

Waiting to hear back from maker of SixG super Nub. Have contacted via website.

I'm struggling to source and Npas however, can anyone help?

1 hour ago, khryzs said:

So I'm now upgrading my currently stock MWS M4A1.

So far I have and Modify Tan bucking

An Orga 6.05mm 370mm barrel coming,

Waiting to hear back from maker of SixG super Nub. Have contacted via website.

I'm struggling to source and Npas however, can anyone help?

https://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=12443

1 hour ago, khryzs said:

Thank you for quick reply. Ordered now. Just need to wait for the SixG super nub to get back to me

Waiting for their reply as well...

Hopefully the last of my random questions,  building a cqb upper focused on accuracy and consistancy at 40m and less on a .25, I've got a complete gunsmodify hop unit, base etc on the way, a modify tan bucking and am looking at trying to find an Orga lex 6.05......

So looking at a 7 to 8 inch barrel set up will I do better to chop the stock tm barrel for the cqb build and then get a full length lex plus the uprated internals in the stock mtr upper or will getting a #50 barrel cut down make a noticable difference?

So far I'm absolutely loving my MWS. I was originally intending to develop it into a Block 1 but due to difficulty obtaining some of the bits I've since abandoned this.

I've picked up a few bits for it so far, mostly external, and I have a stock on order but it's going to be a few weeks before it turns up. The replacement trigger guard I ordered doesn't fit as it is, hopefully I'll be able to get it mounted after some modification. I've swapped the grip out to a Hogue grip and it feels a hell of a let better and more natural than the stock grip (I found that the protrusion made it uncomfortable).

I'll get a couple of photo's up around the weekend once I get a bit of time.

On 27/05/2019 at 06:33, LVOA-D said:

Nice, if you don’t mind me asking, where did you eventually buy it? 

Order it all from specshop, asked them about a discount on got one and their free shipping made it a pretty good deal.

And just like you mentioned before I saw on the Redwolf site that they mixed the RS SI stuff with Madbull clones without mention. One could see it in the item ids

they use for their items on the website. Lots of stuff starting with MB- and i guess that stands for Madbull so I did not dare order from them (not that they had much in stock anyways). This gonna be a really expensive build but looking forward to it, also found the dies and taps required to rethread for a reasonable price.

Hopefully the parts will start stumbling in tomorrow and during the next week, longest wait will probably be the taps and dies.

Posting my shopping list just for fun ;)

RedWolf

Tokyo Marui M4A1 Carbine (ZET System) GBBR - Cerakote Coating

Guns Modify Steel CNC Adjustable Tactical Trigger (CMC-Ver) for Tokyo Marui MWS M4 GBBR

Guns Modify Modified Enhanced Nozzle Set V2 for Tokyo Marui M4 MWS GBBR

Guns Modify CNC Stainless Steel Light Weight Bolt Stop Plate for Tokyo Marui M4 MWS

G&P Aluminum Buffer for Tokyo Marui M4A1 MWS GBBR

Dynamic Precision Enhanced Sealing Buffer for Tokyo Mauri M4A1 MWS (Part# MGG2-123)

Angry Gun MK18 CQD Rear Sling Mount for Tokyo Marui M4 MWS GBBR

Z-Parts 14.5 inch M4A1 Style Steel Outer Barrel Set for Tokyo Marui M4 MWS GBB

G&P MWS CNC Enhanced Nozzle Valve (4.0) for Tokyo Marui M4A1 MWS GBBR

Dynamic Precision Enhanced Nozzle Spring Set for Tokyo Marui M4A1 MWS

Guns Modify Reinforced Nozzle Reset for Tokyo Marui M4 MWS (MGG2-126)

Magpul MBUS Sight Front (MAG247) - Black

Magpul MBUS Sight Rear (MAG248) - Black

Sightmark Ultra Shot M-Spec FMS Reflex Sight with Integrated Sunshade

ShooterCombatGear

Maple Leaf Crazy Jet Inner barrel for WE /VFC /TM GBB (370mm) 

TMC Stainless Steel Recoil spring Tokyo Marui M4A1 MWS

IronAirsoft 1512A Ambi Safety Selector for Marui MWS

RA-Tech Recoil Spring for INO/WA/WE/Marui MWS M4 GBB Series 

PTS Radian Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle For Tokyo Marui MWS

SpecShopPL

Cetacea Tactical - Convertible 2 Point Rabbit Sling - Ranger Green

IMI Defense - TS1 Tactical Stock w/Cheek Rest for M16/M4

Strike Industries - Viper MOD-1 Stock - Black 

Strike Industries - M-Lok Rail Covers - 5 pcs - Black 

Strike Industries - Strike Switch Selector 

Strike Industries - 14.5" Midlength Cobra Dummy Suppressor 

Strike Industries - Fat Comp 03 

IMI Defense - M16 / AR15 EG Pistol Grip - Black 

Magpul - M-LOK® Rail Cover, Type 1 - 2 pcs

Magpul - M-LOK® Rail Cover, Type 2 - 6 pcs - Black 

Magpul - M-LOK® AFG® Angled Fore Grip

Magpul - M-LOK® MVG® Vertical Grip - Black

Strike Industries - Cobra Billet Aluminum Trigger Guard

Strike Industries - Strike Rail - 13.5" - Black

Strike Industries - Multi-Function End Plate and Anti-Rotation Castle Nut - Black 

Strike Industries - Strike Magazine Catch - Black

Strike Industries - Advanced Receiver Extension - Black

Strike Industries - Enhanced Low-Profile Steel Gas Block

Strike Industries - Ultra Light Pivot / Takedown Pins for AR-15 – Black

Equipt (Swedish Tac shop)

STREAMLIGHT | ProTac Rail Mount HL-X

AliExpress

Full steel made 400/500/600mm European style tap wrench screw tap wrench Holder Hand hinge for taps M10-M24

38(M12-M16) hand circular die wrench hand hinge Die Threading Tools Lathe Model Engineer Thread Maker

65mm(M27-M36) hand round die wrench hand hinge Die Threading Tools Lathe Model Engineer Thread Maker

Alloy steel made UNEF 1/2"-28 TPI - Manual Die

9Sicr made UNC/UN/UNS/UNF/UNEF 1-1/4"-18 TPI - Manual Die

HSS6542 made UN/UNEF 1-3/16"-16 TPI - Manual Tap

David Sherar

SuperNub

Localy

Modify Tan Hop Rubber 

Will install some other internals I have at home already as well, and yes this will probably be a total pain to put together xD

Not sure if I will run the modify tan in this one as well or try my firefly hop rubber.

8 hours ago, hunter511 said:

Hopefully the last of my random questions,  building a cqb upper focused on accuracy and consistancy at 40m and less on a .25, I've got a complete gunsmodify hop unit, base etc on the way, a modify tan bucking and am looking at trying to find an Orga lex 6.05......

So looking at a 7 to 8 inch barrel set up will I do better to chop the stock tm barrel for the cqb build and then get a full length lex plus the uprated internals in the stock mtr upper or will getting a #50 barrel cut down make a noticable difference?

There is no harm in shortening the TM barrel but you'll need it to be crowned, you can't just hack it off with a saw ;)

That said being so short a 6.03 would help keep the FPS up.

I would keep the 6.05 for a longer high FPS build

5 hours ago, Fissure said:

Order it all from specshop, asked them about a discount on got one and their free shipping made it a pretty good deal.

And just like you mentioned before I saw on the Redwolf site that they mixed the RS SI stuff with Madbull clones without mention. One could see it in the item ids

they use for their items on the website. Lots of stuff starting with MB- and i guess that stands for Madbull so I did not dare order from them (not that they had much in stock anyways). This gonna be a really expensive build but looking forward to it, also found the dies and taps required to rethread for a reasonable price.

Hopefully the parts will start stumbling in tomorrow and during the next week, longest wait will probably be the taps and dies.

Posting my shopping list just for fun ;)

RedWolf

Tokyo Marui M4A1 Carbine (ZET System) GBBR - Cerakote Coating

Guns Modify Steel CNC Adjustable Tactical Trigger (CMC-Ver) for Tokyo Marui MWS M4 GBBR

Guns Modify Modified Enhanced Nozzle Set V2 for Tokyo Marui M4 MWS GBBR

Guns Modify CNC Stainless Steel Light Weight Bolt Stop Plate for Tokyo Marui M4 MWS

G&P Aluminum Buffer for Tokyo Marui M4A1 MWS GBBR

Dynamic Precision Enhanced Sealing Buffer for Tokyo Mauri M4A1 MWS (Part# MGG2-123)

Angry Gun MK18 CQD Rear Sling Mount for Tokyo Marui M4 MWS GBBR

Z-Parts 14.5 inch M4A1 Style Steel Outer Barrel Set for Tokyo Marui M4 MWS GBB

G&P MWS CNC Enhanced Nozzle Valve (4.0) for Tokyo Marui M4A1 MWS GBBR

Dynamic Precision Enhanced Nozzle Spring Set for Tokyo Marui M4A1 MWS

Guns Modify Reinforced Nozzle Reset for Tokyo Marui M4 MWS (MGG2-126)

Magpul MBUS Sight Front (MAG247) - Black

Magpul MBUS Sight Rear (MAG248) - Black

Sightmark Ultra Shot M-Spec FMS Reflex Sight with Integrated Sunshade

ShooterCombatGear

Maple Leaf Crazy Jet Inner barrel for WE /VFC /TM GBB (370mm) 

TMC Stainless Steel Recoil spring Tokyo Marui M4A1 MWS

IronAirsoft 1512A Ambi Safety Selector for Marui MWS

RA-Tech Recoil Spring for INO/WA/WE/Marui MWS M4 GBB Series 

PTS Radian Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle For Tokyo Marui MWS

SpecShopPL

Cetacea Tactical - Convertible 2 Point Rabbit Sling - Ranger Green

IMI Defense - TS1 Tactical Stock w/Cheek Rest for M16/M4

Strike Industries - Viper MOD-1 Stock - Black 

Strike Industries - M-Lok Rail Covers - 5 pcs - Black 

Strike Industries - Strike Switch Selector 

Strike Industries - 14.5" Midlength Cobra Dummy Suppressor 

Strike Industries - Fat Comp 03 

IMI Defense - M16 / AR15 EG Pistol Grip - Black 

Magpul - M-LOK® Rail Cover, Type 1 - 2 pcs

Magpul - M-LOK® Rail Cover, Type 2 - 6 pcs - Black 

Magpul - M-LOK® AFG® Angled Fore Grip

Magpul - M-LOK® MVG® Vertical Grip - Black

Strike Industries - Cobra Billet Aluminum Trigger Guard

Strike Industries - Strike Rail - 13.5" - Black

Strike Industries - Multi-Function End Plate and Anti-Rotation Castle Nut - Black 

Strike Industries - Strike Magazine Catch - Black

Strike Industries - Advanced Receiver Extension - Black

Strike Industries - Enhanced Low-Profile Steel Gas Block

Strike Industries - Ultra Light Pivot / Takedown Pins for AR-15 – Black

Equipt (Swedish Tac shop)

STREAMLIGHT | ProTac Rail Mount HL-X

AliExpress

Full steel made 400/500/600mm European style tap wrench screw tap wrench Holder Hand hinge for taps M10-M24

38(M12-M16) hand circular die wrench hand hinge Die Threading Tools Lathe Model Engineer Thread Maker

65mm(M27-M36) hand round die wrench hand hinge Die Threading Tools Lathe Model Engineer Thread Maker

Alloy steel made UNEF 1/2"-28 TPI - Manual Die

9Sicr made UNC/UN/UNS/UNF/UNEF 1-1/4"-18 TPI - Manual Die

HSS6542 made UN/UNEF 1-3/16"-16 TPI - Manual Tap

David Sherar

SuperNub

Localy

Modify Tan Hop Rubber 

Will install some other internals I have at home already as well, and yes this will probably be a total pain to put together xD

Not sure if I will run the modify tan in this one as well or try my firefly hop rubber.

Hello Buddy, thats quite a long list right there haha, hop to se some pics when the thing is done

i just have a quick question and appreaciate the answer

for the RA-Tech Recoil Spring for INO/WA/WE/Marui MWS M4 GBB Series , which of the 3 options did you went for? the 1.6 KG, 2.2 KG or 3.3KG ? im holding on those, i asume the heavy the harder the recoil? correct me if im wrong on that,
and also did you feel any change with the spring?

I have already the Angry Gun Super Recoil Hard Kick version

@Fissure Can you link me to all the rethreading stuff you got from aliexpress please, if necessary in PM, cheers bud!

Also can’t wait to see the pics of your beauty😎!

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 16:13, itsme said:

The only  bbs I find in Belgium are bio or 0.36 and up. Anybody has a good brand for non bio bbs and tracers?

quick question. When I have my stock all the way in the smallest position the charging handle scrapes the stock a little. Is this normal? 

Also when do you guys relube the gun and mags? Like after how many mags,games,time. Whatever hehe. 

Sorry for asking again but could anybod reply to these questions?

Also propane users (@Wo1f?) : do you use the coleman 465gram bottles? they seem pretty expensive in belgium.

they are about 16 euro. but a nuprol 2.0 weighs in at 300gram for 10 euro, am i missing something?

In the US the same bottles sell for 3.5 dollar so is it even cheaper in europe to get these with the adapter?

2 hours ago, LVOA-D said:

@Fissure Can you link me to all the rethreading stuff you got from aliexpress please, if necessary in PM, cheers bud!

2 hours ago, LVOA-D said:

Sure thing, can post it here.

Starting with the taps and dies.

For the muzzle on the barrel 1/2"-28TPI

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-of-2PCS-Alloy-steel-made-UNEF-1-2-28-Die-Threading-Tools-Lathe-Model/32557657280.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2ea04c4dZ5K5b2

For the upper barrel nut thread 1-1/4" 18TPI (same as 1.250 -18TPI as I understand it and math says its so I guess ;) )

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-1PC-Alloy-steel-made-UNEF-1-1-4-18-manual-die-threading-tool-for/32791107952.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2ea04c4dZ5K5b2

For the lower buffer thread 1-3/16" - 16TPI

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-1pc-UNC-stardard-UN1-3-16-8-HSS-machine-taps-straight-taps-for-steel/32571486354.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2ea04c4dZ5K5b2

Tools for holding these taps and dies (double checked with the seller)

For the buffer tap (600mm one)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-of-1PC-full-steel-made-400-500-600mm-European-style-tap-wrench-screw-tap/32272099277.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2ea04c4dZ5K5b2

For the muzzle die

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-of-1PC-38-M12-M16-hand-circular-die-wrench-hand-hinge-Die-Threading-Tools/32669411020.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2ea04c4dZ5K5b2

For the barrel nut thread

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-of-1PC-65mm-M27-M36-hand-round-die-wrench-hand-hinge-Die-Threading-Tools/32790244037.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2ea04c4dZ5K5b2

Now I have no 100% guarantee these will work but have scoured the net and checked everywhere I could and I think it should be correct, it is also the same dimensions as the ones sold on Brownells just a lot cheaper. If one would thread a real AR/M4 I would probably go with the brownell stuff but figured for airsoft this hopefully will work just fine. I will ofc let you guys know how it all works out (or does not work out) in this thread as soon as the stuff arrives.

Edit: Also when placing the order I missclicked the TPI on the barrel nut and the seller contacted me and asked if it was not supposed to 18TPI, so I guess he or she knew what it was for. For that extra bit of reassuring feeling :) 

5 hours ago, Kayzeroth said:

Hello Buddy, thats quite a long list right there haha, hop to se some pics when the thing is done

i just have a quick question and appreaciate the answer

for the RA-Tech Recoil Spring for INO/WA/WE/Marui MWS M4 GBB Series , which of the 3 options did you went for? the 1.6 KG, 2.2 KG or 3.3KG ? im holding on those, i asume the heavy the harder the recoil? correct me if im wrong on that,
and also did you feel any change with the spring?

I have already the Angry Gun Super Recoil Hard Kick version

I bought 1.6KG and 2.2KG spring for my CQB-R with Angry gun Hard recoil Buffer and I say you that with the 2.2Kg I have better performance ... Bolt release works better and gain speed. 

1.6KG it´s similar to factory spring

Great news everybody!! My John Wick set, it has been seized by customs, wonderful! The store where I bought it did not add a picture of my Dutch Airsoft Association card on the box, even though I specifically asked them to do so and they even acknowledged it. Now I will have to go through

a lot of trouble actually getting the bloody set. Last time I order from that store, if they can't handle a fairly pricey package decently they do not deserve any money from me :(.

4 hours ago, marine said:

I bought 1.6KG and 2.2KG spring for my CQB-R with Angry gun Hard recoil Buffer and I say you that with the 2.2Kg I have better performance ... Bolt release works better and gain speed. 

1.6KG it´s similar to factory spring

What do we think would be good to use with AG high speed buffer? 

2 hours ago, Jimmeh said:

What do we think would be good to use with AG high speed buffer? 

If buffer weight more... needs hard spring to move all gears ... if you have SPEED buffer securely you buffer will be more lightweight so I put factory spring

Technical question, the screw that holds the hop base into the upper reciever (m2.6 x 6) is it just a normal machine screw thread on it? I ask because frankly Eagle6 can go eat a dick asking £4 for it and I'm not keen on shipping a 75p component from impulse101 in japan.

First skirmish report with the MWS -  a mixed bag

The upsides

Using .32s, range and accuracy was more than acceptable, reckon it could be improved with a good clean of the bucking and prehaps a new IB. But it can wait.

Semi and full auto superb.

The downsides...

Spring in the charging handle broke, small part snapped off, so the handle is loose and can bounce about when firing.

The Docter sight on my ACOG broke after one mag!!!! Irritating really. Also realised that aiming down the acog is a PITA.

Even in the fucking heat the mags couldn't always reliably spit out all the rounds, DEFO need to green gas mod now!!! (thought I could wait till the temp starts dropping)

Angrygun l119a2 gets loose, fucking stupid design using two grub screws to secure it to a round barrel nut, I'll have to find some DIY mod to secure it.

Looking for suggestions on good short range sights (i.e Holographics or similar) that don't lose zero or fall apart from the recoil. (No real steel please, i'm a student for fecks sake!!!)

Going to perform the Green gas mod on my magazines soon, any tips and tricks appreciated.

Most of my problems were not the gun in itself, Im still impressed by Tokyo Marui, as usual!

failing that the vision king short dot scope could work well for what your looking for. plus apparently the LPO short dot that it's based on has been seen in use although not many public reference images are available to confirm this.