THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

5 hours ago, itsme said:

Looks really good bro. 

My cqbr will arrive on monday, super siked! 

Another question @Wo1f might be able to help on this. 

I've been talking to repairsoft (well known airsoft repair/custom builder in belgium) and he tells me the brass nub will cut in the bucking thus damaging it. 

What do you guys think? 

Would a harder rubber nub be a solution? 

Cheers

I can see why he might think that, if he is talking about the H nub which is much more angular, but agree with RobHedley - I don't think the SixG one will do that.

2 hours ago, RobHedley said:

@itsme Not wanting to answer for @Wo1f as he is the originator and a huge font of knowledge but I can't see how it could cut the bucking. The edges are not severe enough and the distance the bucking will push into the concave is not enough to cause damage. Just my opinion of course.

On another note, having changed my barrel from standard to an Olga 6.05 250mm with the Modify Tan bucking and SixG super nub. I was wondering how it would increase my FPS. Having been cronoed the previous week at UCAP The Bunker using Abbey Vortex with .2 tracers at 270 FPS. Back at The Bunker on Wednesday using the same gas and the same .2 tracers it is now coming out as 300 fps with a deviation of 2 fps either way over 10 shots. Very consistent. 

One moment of note, I was guarding an objective and aiming down a long tunnel. We could see the enemy creeping along in the dark. One of my team mates stated "Don't fire yet as you wont reach them". Basically he had just shot and reached about half way (He had spent 5 minutes listing all the upgrades he had fitted whilst in game!). Like a red rag to a bull, I took aim and fired a single tracer round, it rocketed down the tunnel with no deviation, sailed past the point matey boy's AEG shot dropped to the floor and cracked the lead guy in the chest plate. "Hit"... and the rest of the tangos scurried off into the darkness. Followed by a "Hmmm, wow" from the guy behind me. He collared me in the safe zone asking question after question. We may have another convert.

You run tracer in a GBBR? Brave! Whats your experience? What brand do you run?

@itsme there’s nothing sharp on the SixG nub. I’ve used it on multiple guns and multiple buckings. I’ve had more marks from the plastic omega nub than the brass SixG.

ive ran tracers in my GBBR’s on occasion but I only use Geoff’s ones. 

You can increase your fps by sanding the bit on the end of the nozzle spring that the rocket valve rests against. Take a tiny amount off at a time and test though. 

Apologies for my quietness. Work has been shite

@RobHedley @Wo1f  Allright I trust you guys on this One :) 

few more days and my gun is here but I still need to order a wrench and valve key. 

You recon this wil work?

https://www.softairgames.net/en/tools-keys/4789-airsoft-barrel-nut-wrench-element-ex331.html

https://www.softairgames.net/en/tools-keys/19058-maintenance-key-valve-gasco2-metal-me05001-bk.html

2 hours ago, Hopegreen said:

First link will work for most of the barrel nuts but not all of them... It seems it will work for MWS though.

Second link it's fine.

thank you sir,

the delivery cost from the store was a bit high so i found this one, you recon this will work aswel?

https://www.airsoft-entrepot.fr/we-outil-de-demontage-de-barrel-nut.html

Anybody knows at what psi the tm operates best? 

@itsme

It'll be designed to run most efficiently on R134/R144a. The Japanese police have a habit of getting a serious sad on with anyone making or supplying bits capable of running above 1Joule. Running it on propane etc will probably be fine but is outside the design specs. For reference pure R134 @ 21degrees should be approx 71.2psi gauge pressure.

24 minutes ago, hunter511 said:

@LVOA-D I know you changed your forward assist for a Strike industries one, I don't suppose you still have the original TM parts?

I do have all the original parts still as far as I know. Not sure if I still have an extra pin though because I had to use the TM pin on the SI forward assist. Send me a PM if there is anything I can do for you 🙂.

49 minutes ago, LVOA-D said:

I do have all the original parts still as far as I know. Not sure if I still have an extra pin though because I had to use the TM pin on the SI forward assist. Send me a PM if there is anything I can do for you 🙂.

Hi again, sorry for bugging you with a lot of questions, but once again regarding the SI buffer tube, how do you plan to do it with the buffer tube ring? I am guessing the TM buffer tube ring is to small for the threads on the tube? Did it come with a ring or did you buy their ring and spacer set as well?

12 hours ago, Fissure said:

Hi again, sorry for bugging you with a lot of questions, but once again regarding the SI buffer tube, how do you plan to do it with the buffer tube ring? I am guessing the TM buffer tube ring is to small for the threads on the tube? Did it come with a ring or did you buy their ring and spacer set as well?

No problem, that's what we are here for, but just to make sure, do you mean the castle nut? If so, I also have the SI castle nut / end plate set.

IMG_4655.jpg

Finally joined the Master race, ordered the carbine version from GunFire with the plastic handguard and got the railed version, no complaints there but I have a rail for the MWS already.

Plan is an L119A2 short build. Slowly putting it together with one greviance already unfortunately, which is the AngryGun handle is not compatible with the TM charging handle, but oh well, a minor detail.

Noticed in this lovely heat that the magazine, not even fully charged on propane, was able to spit out around 50 shots without the Green Gas mod, im not gonna bother with the mod until winter where ill need the extra pressure?

Untitled.png

5 hours ago, Fissure said:

Thanks!

Suspected as much, ordered the same one then :)

Nice, if you don’t mind me asking, where did you eventually buy it? 

On 18/03/2018 at 20:30, Wo1f said:

Fill the mags until the gas spits out. Most people don’t fill them enough

I’m filling my mag till it spits out gas but I just shot the mag that came with the riff empty and refilled it but it just stopped filling, no spitting. It’s like when you use the oring mod. 

I don’t hear any gas moving so I guess it’s allright?

Do you guys prefer green gas with or without silicon and why?

All these MWS newbies are making me so happy! 

@itsme you should hear gas fizz out the fill valve, and the spit once full. Its quite an easy difference to spot.

Gas with silicone is always a plus as it helps keep the O rings lubed up a bit better. And saves having to strip the mags and lubing the gaskets and knocker valves

9 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

@itsme you should hear gas fizz out the fill valve, and the spit once full. Its quite an easy difference to spot.

Gas with silicone is always a plus as it helps keep the O rings lubed up a bit better. And saves having to strip the mags and lubing the gaskets and knocker valves

All of the mags do this except for the one that came with the gun. 

It fills, you hear gas moving from the bottle to the ma but then it stops and you hear nothing, it doesn’t spit anything either. It’s like there is a o-ring in the fill valve. 

9 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

All of the mags do this except for the one that came with the gun. 

It fills, you hear gas moving from the bottle to the ma but then it stops and you hear nothing, it doesn’t spit anything either. It’s like there is a o-ring in the fill valve. 

On 24/05/2019 at 17:42, Jimmeh said:

I can see why he might think that, if he is talking about the H nub which is much more angular, but agree with RobHedley - I don't think the SixG one will do that.

You run tracer in a GBBR? Brave! Whats your experience? What brand do you run?

I run tracers most Wednesdays in the World War 2 Tunnels down in Portsmouth and never had a problem. I have the ASG B&T Tracer unit  with Madbull .2 Tracers and it works perfectly.

@Wo1f I was looking at getting some Geoff's tracers as they come in heavier weights. Although down in the tunnels, with no wind etc and short engagement distances .2s are more than adequate.

8 minutes ago, RobHedley said:

I run tracers most Wednesdays in the World War 2 Tunnels down in Portsmouth and never had a problem. I have the ASG B&T Tracer unit  with Madbull .2 Tracers and it works perfectly.

@Wo1f I was looking at getting some Geoff's tracers as they come in heavier weights. Although down in the tunnels, with no wind etc and short engagement distances .2s are more than adequate.

Yeah I realised after I posted that, I’ve been looking at heavier weight tracers by Longbow and Geoff’s and they are all bio, so I assumed bio.....

4 minutes ago, Jimmeh said:

Yeah I realised after I posted that, I’ve been looking at heavier weight tracers by Longbow and Geoff’s and they are all bio, so I assumed bio.....

Oh, yes I see what you were talking about now. Definitely staying away from Bio's now as a number of them split when shooting them and gunked up my mag and barrel. As @Davegolf said, they are just too soft for the MWS.

The only  bbs I find in Belgium are bio or 0.36 and up. Anybody has a good brand for non bio bbs and tracers?

quick question. When I have my stock all the way in the smallest position the charging handle scrapes the stock a little. Is this normal? 

Also when do you guys relube the gun and mags? Like after how many mags,games,time. Whatever hehe.