THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

17 minutes ago, LVOA-D said:

Just ordered the John Wick Conversion Kit... I shouldn't take days off, way too expensive as I had ordered a flashlight (Streamlight Protac HL-X 1000 lumen light inc. the Cloud Defensive Rail mount for the pressure pad) for the MWS this morning aswell 😭  No idea how I am going to explain this one to the missus, thank god she won't be home until later tonight.

20190201.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I'm praying for you brother 😜 

@LVOA-D You are a braver man than I am and I used to race Cars at nearly 200mph! 

If you are going to sell the bits you don’t need then I would be interested in the Rail/Outer Barrel etc. 😜

@RobHedley If I didn't get scammed I will give you a shout when it arrives. Should arrive late next week, early the week after that. Basically what will be left is the rail, outer barrel, gas block (providing the Strike Industries one fits), gas tube and the flash hider. Also it is not bravery, it's stupidity combined with an addictive personality disorder(I googled that, probably most people on the forum here could be diagnosed with it) :).

15 minutes ago, LVOA-D said:

@RobHedley If I didn't get scammed I will give you a shout when it arrives. Should arrive late next week, early the week after that. Basically what will be left is the rail, outer barrel, gas block (providing the Strike Industries one fits), gas tube and the flash hider. Also it is not bravery, it's stupidity combined with an addictive personality disorder(I googled that, probably most people on the forum here could be diagnosed with it) :).

Cool, sounds good. They are exactly the parts I was after!! I look forwards to hearing from you. 👍

You may have an addictive personality but you will end up with the coolest toy!!! 

Hello guys, Today i have received a lot of parts, that i will post my findings later, but before that i just have a quick question

does any of you have change the Hop Up Chamber for one of those either angry gun or Laylax CNC Hop up Chambers? if so are they any good ? is it  worth the change like is a must? or more like nnaah up to your taste?

Thanks for the replys !! cheers

@Kayzeroth Just me personally but stuff like that I usually do not upgrade unless it breaks. I doubt just replacing the chamber will have any effect anyways although I am not an expert about anything hop-up related, just my view.

Okay hive mind,

Can one go for too short an inner barrel, looking at building a very stubby (sub 10 inch including can) upper for cqb use with .25s. Im wondering if overvoluming will be an issue using 144a and stock bolt etc? For illustration something like the front end on this

Image result for spikes compressor 300

hi @hunter511

the thing with almost all gas guns is that they release much more gas down the barrel than they actually use so they are effectively all massively over volumed anyway. but you will almost certainly be fine on 144 using .25 s. in fact the issue with joule creep is normally encountered when you can run much heavier ammo (I run .36s)

the short barrel will make it pretty noisy but yes you certainly can put a shorter barrel on it without any issues if you can find one you like that fits.

I hope that helps a little anyway 🙂

Because of the way a GBB works it will always automatically adjust the volume based on BB weight and barrel length.

The floating valve works on pressure differential.

Basically you will have no adverse affects running a short barrel

Out of interest, has any one had it where their recoil spring has become stuck inside the buffer tube? No amount of pulling (carefully not the stretch to much) nor twisting will break it free. Im a bit baffled.

Its not detrimental. I can still use the gun.

The gun i ordered is still not in stock ugh. 

Few questions:

What are some things i should order in the meantime to have as spare parts?

Which ring do i need as adapter for aftermarket handguards?

Do you guys ever run into problems playing on days where its like 6°C?

are there any upgrades but the greengas mod i can do to play in such tempratures or maybe even freezing weather? maybe this?: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/dynamic-precision-aluminium-lightweight-bolt-carrier-type-b-black-for-marui-m4a1-mws

Upgrade time!!

I ran the CQBR totally stock on Wednesday  at the Bunker in Portsmouth. Ran faultlessly and was shooting like a laser on .20 tracers. Crono’d At 270 FPS on Abbey Vertex gas.

Having already bought a Modify Tan Bucking and a SixG Super Nub, I wanted to fit them so I ordered an Orca 6.05 250mm Barrel. I have to say props to The Cage Airsoft. I order the barrel Friday early afternoon and it was in my hands Saturday morning with standard delivery!! 

Got round to fitting the parts on Sunday. I started off getting a bench mark by firing .25 bb’s. I did some video but you can’t really see the bb’s flying so pretty pointless! They were reaching out to about 50m maybe a little shorter.

Stripped the MWS and fitted the parts. Pretty simple despite it being the first time I have ever done anything like this before. Loaded the mag up with .4 bb’s and after a little bit of hop adjustment they were flying straight and true. Judging by eye the .4s are still motoring some when they pass the point at which the pre change .25 bb’s drop down. Very impressed! 

2 things of note, I had to put the hop up fully on to get the .4 bb’s to fly straight. Is this correct? As in are .4’s the heaviest you can fire? Also I was using BLS Ultimate Heavy .4 Bio BBs (got them from Camoraids when I purchased the rifle). A few of the bbs split as they came out of the end of the barrel and I noticed that the magazine follower had a white line on it with what looked like bb residue. Having never used bio bbs is this normal??

340F5CC6-0D33-4BC7-A840-26C9A7E0FF0F.jpeg

C0F3FE03-A2B1-4970-BECC-0F8C234E7534.jpeg

So what's your experience with Redwolf airsoft? Made some minor orders without issues there before except for som garbage rail they slinged and refused to take back. Anyways sent them an email with s pretty large order requrdt, approx 30 items incl and M4 mws lots of internals and lots of externals from magpul and strike industries. Reason I mailed them was most of the items were out of stock (as usual) but was hoping they could source home an order in the near future and also give a decent price on the order (+$2000).Some strike industries items were not listed at their store but they should be able to grab home those items if you are a reseller. But NOPE, got a shitty reply in bad English that said please use our email notification for out of stock items and something about a factory I did not understand. What shitty customer service is that? Sure it's not a huge order but still a decent amount. Pissed me off something fierce. //Rant off

i’ve used redwolf to order an inner barrel recently..my package got lost contacted yodel they told me to contact redwolf so i did and they just kept telling me to contact eachother until i got pissed off and went through paypal to get my money back

I have always had good experiences with RedWolf really. However I would source SI and MagPul stuff from other shops personally and preferably in Europe. From what I have seen some of the stuff on the RedWolf website isn't RS SI stuff but rather (I think) Madbull replicas which in a sense doesn't matter but they don't list

it as a replica apart from the "Only for airsoft" text in the description. That alone makes me wonder about if everything they do sell as RS, is actually RS. SI items do get made in Taiwan though so for now I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, but the "Only for Airsoft" items are definitely replicas.

Other than that, such a large order is going to get you hit pretty hard with customs, depending on where you are. I've had it happen that a new trigger for my GHK was destroyed by customs despite my Dutch airsoft association membership card copy was added inside and outside of the box. They argued it looked exactly like a real

trigger and thus had the right to destroy it...Again, I'm not sure where you are based but it is something to consider. Also my friend had his entire shipment seized because they could not confirm (?) it were airsoft parts. Took 11 weeks for him to actually get his stuff from RedWolf, although in this case it is obviously not RedWolf who caused it but still,

my advice, never buy too much in 1 go from Asia, if shit hits the fan, it hits it good!

Sweet, my Strike Industries gas block just arrived! Drop in fit (finally), works perfectly with the barrel and the gas tube!

IMG_4571.jpg

IMG_4572.jpg

33 minutes ago, LVOA-D said:

I have always had good experiences with RedWolf really. However I would source SI and MagPul stuff from other shops personally and preferably in Europe. From what I have seen some of the stuff on the RedWolf website isn't RS SI stuff but rather (I think) Madbull replicas which in a sense doesn't matter but they don't list

it as a replica apart from the "Only for airsoft" text in the description. That alone makes me wonder about if everything they do sell as RS, is actually RS. SI items do get made in Taiwan though so for now I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, but the "Only for Airsoft" items are definitely replicas.

Other than that, such a large order is going to get you hit pretty hard with customs, depending on where you are. I've had it happen that a new trigger for my GHK was destroyed by customs despite my Dutch airsoft association membership card copy was added inside and outside of the box. They argued it looked exactly like a real

trigger and thus had the right to destroy it...Again, I'm not sure where you are based but it is something to consider. Also my friend had his entire shipment seized because they could not confirm (?) it were airsoft parts. Took 11 weeks for him to actually get his stuff from RedWolf, although in this case it is obviously not RedWolf who caused it but still,

my advice, never buy too much in 1 go from Asia, if shit hits the fan, it hits it good!

Wise words indeed. But I usually ask the Asian sites to write down the slip value so I pay minimum important taxes, Im in Sweden and our gun regulations are pretty strict but the customs here are not as finicky with airsoft parts or even RS stuff (except for barrels, trigger groups and carrier groups etc) but all those things I have checked thoroughly since I don't want to lose my license for my real weapons. Anyway Redwolf did not seem very interested in my business sadly. So not sure what to do now, probably gonna scrap the build project. Only specshop that has some of the stuff I want but like I said earlier I am allergic to overpricing 😕

Shame was really hyped up for this build 

48 minutes ago, itsme said:

Hi @RobHedley,

Did you have to replace the barrel to fit the Modify tan bucking & supernub? Doesn't it go on the original? 

@itsme I didn't have to replace the barrel as yes it would have fitted on the original. I wanted to fit a tighter bore to try and increase the FPS a little as it was running at around 270 fps.

29 minutes ago, LVOA-D said:

Sweet, my Strike Industries gas block just arrived! Drop in fit (finally), works perfectly with the barrel and the gas tube!

IMG_4571.jpg

IMG_4572.jpg

Damn @LVOA-D, that makes my £8 gas block look completely crap!!! 

Looking good!!!!!

@LVOA-D damn that gas block looks sick! Did you order from strike Industries itself?

why you running a gas block you got the standard Handguard?

can you post another photo when it’s all out together?

@Fissure Shame to hear that. Not entirely sure but I think as first time customer in combination with signing up for their newsletter you get a 10% discount code on your complete first order. Saved me 70 euro's which still won't make it all

perfectly priced but it does help! Also Brownells.se has some SI stuff but not a whole lot. Perhaps you can contact them if they can import it...although that would probably end up with the same price as specshop.

@RobHedley Cheers man, really loving it as well, although I don't see anything wrong with your setup really, I actually quite like that as well. Mine probably wouldn't look right in combination with your setup where as the Noveske one does in my opinion.

@itsme Thank you kindly! I ordered it in Poland from Specshop (see the free set of matches 😄). They are pretty much the only store that has most SI stuff in Europe. Brownell's has a few items but not the stuff I was looking for. Also when my rail is on, you basically won't

see the gasblock, but knowing it's there gives me a warm feeling inside(don't ask, it's some sort of airsoft-autism I guess 😀). I'll slide on the rail to take a picture of it to see the effect. Will edit this post with it.

IMG_4573.jpg

IMG_4574.jpg

IMG_4577.jpg

@RobHedley I would advise against using BIO BBs in any GBB gun unless it is stipulated by the site, BIOs are generally softer and not strong enough to put up with the abuse a GBB dishes out during the rather violent loading process.

Try running some more powerful gas, that will help with hop and BB weight.

The MWS is pretty robust and will tolerate powerful gas.