THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

20 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Airsoft metres are a magical thing they single handedly prove wormhole theory.

Last night before heading off to The Bunker, I borrowed one of those wheel measuring thingies off a surveyor neighbour and measured the distance from shooting spot to target spot. 51.4 metres 👍😉

Disaster struck for the upper, got refunded because the seller can not deliver...going to have to go another route now unfortunately. Good news for my lower though, that is now finally completed because I finally got in

my detent pin for the safety :D. Testing it like this it seems to all function properly but can not do any actual tests until the RIF is complete again. Also bought a Strike Industries Flat Wire Spring for fun, probably have to shorten it a bit

though because it's clearly too strong of a spring for a GBBR but that was to be expected.

*EDIT* Found an upper in stock in Spain!!! :D But wait, they don't ship to the Netherlands 🤣 Just wonderful. *EDIT*

IMG_4518.jpg

IMG_4516.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4517.jpg

IMG_4514.jpg

On 14/05/2019 at 19:37, RobHedley said:

Having looked at the VLTOR gas blocks and being shocked at the price of them. I decided give a cheaper option a go first. Ordered this low profile gas block to replace the front sight version and so far I am impressed. Made of machined aluminium and should look sweet once it’s on. Best thing is it only cost £8 from Patrol Base!! 👍

1F0C4959-07F0-45CB-A9D8-7B6084BA93CB.jpeg

8B01B523-7053-4869-94C4-4338CFA41A15.jpeg

Thanks for this great idea 

3 hours ago, LVOA-D said:

Disaster struck for the upper, got refunded because the seller can not deliver...going to have to go another route now unfortunately. Good news for my lower though, that is now finally completed because I finally got in

my detent pin for the safety :D. Testing it like this it seems to all function properly but can not do any actual tests until the RIF is complete again. Also bought a Strike Industries Flat Wire Spring for fun, probably have to shorten it a bit

though because it's clearly too strong of a spring for a GBBR but that was to be expected.

*EDIT* Found an upper in stock in Spain!!! :D But wait, they don't ship to the Netherlands 🤣 Just wonderful. *EDIT*

IMG_4518.jpg

IMG_4516.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4517.jpg

IMG_4514.jpg

Did you have your lower rethreaded now for the buffertube? Looked pretty sweet i must say. Also do you think the strike rail barrel nut would fit the stock upper if one cut the lenght down of the barrel nut like rocketdogbert did for his hera rail?

Also the straight trigger in combination with that trigger guard looks pretty sweet. Did you have to file down much to make it fit?

As a sidenote just noticed specshop raised the price for the MWS, did it not cost around 500 euro just a week ago? :S That suck balls for me

7 minutes ago, Fissure said:

As a sidenote just noticed specshop raised the price for the MWS, did it not cost around 500 euro just a week ago? :S That suck balls for me

Price jumped up as gunfire who were selling them for much cheaper ran out of stock, no need for specshop and redberet to have that low a price anymore.

@UKCYukarin Aww man, the one on Gunfire was my fail safe if I couldn't find an upper haha, it isn't going my way.

@Fissure Yeah a friend of mine re-threaded the lower so the lower is pretty much done for now. The filing needed for the trigger guard was fairly minimal but I did the filing on the lower instead of on the trigger guard. And about the barrel nut, I doubt it really, I'm definitely not going to

try anyways (not that I have an upper to screw my barrel nut onto). What I did just finish though is re-threading my outer barrel extension to fit RS flash hiders :D. Took about 45-60 minutes to re-thread, slow and steady is the way to go and a lot of oil, a lot of it! The only annoying part is

actually making sure the extension can not move in the vice and getting the thread started, fairly annoying keeping it straight at the start but once you actually start re-threading it centers itself. Just need to re-coat the extension.

*EDIT* Added 2 pics of what it could look like, if it wasn't borked! *EDIT*

IMG_4521.jpg

IMG_4522.jpg

IMG_4528.jpg

IMG_4529.jpg

39 minutes ago, LVOA-D said:

@UKCYukarin Aww man, the one on Gunfire was my fail safe if I couldn't find an upper haha, it isn't going my way.

@Fissure Yeah a friend of mine re-threaded the lower so the lower is pretty much done for now. The filing needed for the trigger guard was fairly minimal but I did the filing on the lower instead of on the trigger guard. And about the barrel nut, I doubt it really, I'm definitely not going to

try anyways (not that I have an upper to screw my barrel nut onto). What I did just finish though is re-threading my outer barrel extension to fit RS flash hiders :D. Took about 45-60 minutes to re-thread, slow and steady is the way to go and a lot of oil, a lot of it! The only annoying part is

actually making sure the extension can not move in the vice and getting the thread started, fairly annoying keeping it straight at the start but once you actually start re-threading it centers itself. Just need to re-coat the extension.

*EDIT* Added 2 pics of what it could look like, if it wasn't borked! *EDIT*

IMG_4521.jpg

IMG_4522.jpg

IMG_4528.jpg

IMG_4529.jpg

Okey looking good though. Did you rethread it CCW? Planing on rethreading one of the small extensions I have lying around, that way I don't have to mess on the full length barrels I have. Re threading the upper puts me off a bit though. And I find it to be a tad overpriced at specshop. No were else to get it though it seems like 😕

@Fissure The SI Venom is 1/2" x 28 clockwise so that is what I re-threaded the extension to. When I get a new upper I am definitely getting it re-threaded at a specialized shop, not going to take chances of anything happening to it ever again.

Just wondering though but what exactly do you find overpriced at specshop?

1 minute ago, LVOA-D said:

@Fissure The SI Venom is 1/2" x 28 clockwise so that is what I re-threaded the extension to. When I get a new upper I am definitely getting it re-threaded at a specialized shop, not going to take chances of anything happening to it ever again.

Just wondering though but what exactly do you find overpriced at specshop?

Just comparing to the US prices, almost 100 Euro more than in the States. A little more I am fine with of course but I find adding on 100 Euro is on the higher side. Maybe just me

2 minutes ago, Fissure said:

Just comparing to the US prices, almost 100 Euro more than in the States. A little more I am fine with of course but I find adding on 100 Euro is on the higher side. Maybe just me

I see what you mean but I doubt there is a big market in Europe, let alone just Poland for Strike Industries parts so I assume they only import small amounts which drives up the price. Also being the only

seller in Europe (Brownell's has some parts but not near as many) they can charge as much as they want, there is always an idiot with a bigger wallet than brain (me, for instance 😄).

Okey so to mount RS stuff on what dies and taps do one need?

Front barrel for supressor / flashhider etc - 1/2 - 28 (Left Handed) 

Front upper for barrel nut - 1-1/4 - 18 (Right handed)

Rear lower for buffer tube -  1-3/16 -16 (Right handed)

Does this look about right?

Gents, I was just looking at the european shops you were talking about, wow you guys pay a lot for the MWS!! Not far off £600 for the guys who have stock!!

Fire Support here in the UK have stock of the MWS for £479.99 which comes out as around €547. Obviously you would have to factor in shipping, import taxes (??) but you would also be taking off the VAT (20%) as they cannot charge you if you are in not in the UK. It could be a way to go especially looking at the prices you guys pay. One thing I don't know is if they would ship outside the UK but then again we are still in the European Union.

sadly you would still be paying vat if you are within the EU. but I'm sure that they would be fine sending it to most other countries, it's not normally an issue as far as I'm aware. as always if you would like to double check it might be worth giving them a ring or send them an email. 🙂

1 hour ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

sadly you would still be paying vat if you are within the EU. but I'm sure that they would be fine sending it to most other countries, it's not normally an issue as far as I'm aware. as always if you would like to double check it might be worth giving them a ring or send them an email. 🙂

Of course, its international you don't pay VAT. My excuse is that it was early and I was sat at my desk pre coffee!!

Seeing as I might have to buy a new MWS, I emailed specshop about their ridiculous price increase. I asked them if it was a mistake, which I assumed it wasn't but you never know. They confirmed the previous price of 500 euro's was a promotion price, but because I am often returning

customer there with a good "track record", they instantly offered me a 15% discount and free international shipping (which is on everything above 200 euro's to mainland Europe, not sure about the UK though) so I was pleasantly surprised(must stress this was a personal offer by the way, don't all go mailing them claiming a 15% discount 🤣),

still one of my favorite shops! All I have to do now is decide whether I am going with a new MWS for approximately 570 euro's including shipping and all, or for 673 USD a Angry Gun John Wick kit, which will end up costing me around 750-800 euro's...

29 minutes ago, RobHedley said:

Of course, its international you don't pay VAT. My excuse is that it was early and I was sat at my desk pre coffee!!

haha no worries, the tax stuff is a pain and seems to only apply sometimes... it gets even worse importing from the far East where the charge is dependent on which side of the bed HMRC got up that morning. 🤔

and that's good news, there's some hope there then @LVOA-D

@Crazy_Crystal There is always hope when there is money, just a waste of it. Whichever option I choose in the end though, everything I don't need is going up for sale, so soon on the classifieds: Either half an MWS or half a John Wick set 🤣

@Fissure I can only confirm that for the flash hider you need 1/2 28, that is the standard RS size, you can buy them on ebay fairly cheap (got mine from Germany, about 20 euro's shipped). The other ones I am not sure enough to answer your question.

Just checked Brownell's UK https://www.brownells.co.uk/AR-15/M16-RECEIVER-TAPS-DIES-1250-18-tpi-Die-BROWNELLS-080598126

@LVOA-D Is it not worth contacting Angry Gun direct and seeing if you can just purchase the John Wick Upper on its own?? You never know, you got a 15% discount! Maybe suggest that they sell the whole thing as separate bits of kit as it is more than the price of 1 1/2 MWS if bought here in the UK. They may get more sales if people can buy it in stages. 

I'm havng a few question and i hope someone can help me out.

1. Which tools are a must have to maintain the MWS and the mags?
  2. Does any m4 style stock fit on the MWS's tube? 
  3. Can you replace the charging handle with any real steel one like a raptor charging handle from radian weapons? And is it the same size as an ar15/m16? 
  4. Can i fit any real steel pistolgrip to the MWS?
  5. Same as above for handguards
  6. Does the supernub make the gun shoot further with .28 aswel or is it only for use with heavier bb's? does it affect fps and what the hell does it actually do haha. where does it go in the gun? 

Some of these might seem dumb but it's my first gbbr.

Thanks in advance guys! 

1. Gun oil, silicone grease, service wrench for barrel and stock nut, gas valve key.

2. Yes milspec diameter.

3. No

4. Yes

5. Pretty much with an adapter ring

6. Tightens groupings and improves consistency regardless of BB weight, can hop heavier ammo which is great outdoors for maximum effective range.

Enjoy the Gas 😁

11 minutes ago, itsme said:

So i pulled the trigger, ordered an mws with my local store, no idea when its gonna arrive though. I'm havng a few question and i hope someone can help me out.

1. Which tools are a must have to maintain the MWS and the mags?
  2. Does any m4 style stock fit on the MWS's tube? 
  3. Can you replace the charging handle with any real steel one like a raptor charging handle from radian weapons? And is it the same size as an ar15/m16? 
  4. Can i fit any real steel pistolgrip to the MWS?
  5. Same as above for handguards
  6. Does the supernub make the gun shoot further with .28 aswel or is it only for use with heavier bb's? does it affect fps and what the hell does it actually do haha. where does it go in the gun? 

Some of these might seem dumb but it's my first gbbr.

Thanks in advance guys! 

Hi and welcome to the club!

1. No tools are required to maintain as such but to strip parts, in the event you need to, you will likely need some screwdrivers, barrel nut tool, and a magazine valve tool. 
  2. The width of the buffer tube is mil spec but the style of it is commercial spec - I have put a mil spec Magpul CTR stock on and it fits lovely! Most should fit, some might be wobbly or very tight. Trial and error. 
  3. Its not real steel spec - has to be MWS specific, but PTS do a MWS Radian charging handle (have it on mine and its very nice)
  4. Yes. I have a Magpul K2 on mine - have to use the original MWS bolt.
  5. The thread on the receiver is AEG spec, so anything for an AEG should fit, but you will likely need to buy the barrel adapter for your barrel to work with an alternative setup.
  6. It replaces the rubber nub in the hop chamber - it gives stability - worth doing for lifting any weight. 

Welcome to the club! What Dave and Jimmeh said sums it up pretty much! I am not in the position to give any advice anyways as I end up destroying pretty much everything I touch :D

holy shite you guys are fast :DThanks for the detailed and quick replies guys! 

Can't wait for my mws to arrive!

if i use a barrel adapter is there a chance my accuracy will drop? 

I rly just want to take of the front sight cause i dislike it a lot but i read the gastube needs it. 

You wont lose any accuracy in the gun running a different rail and barrel adapter.

You can remove the FSP and fit a gas block as done a few posts back.

The gas tube serves no purpose but you need either a FSP or gas block to retain the RAS mounting ring.

Either that or you completely ditch the RAS setup and fit a free float rail system.

Just ordered the John Wick Conversion Kit... I shouldn't take days off, way too expensive as I had ordered a flashlight (Streamlight Protac HL-X 1000 lumen light inc. the Cloud Defensive Rail mount for the pressure pad) for the MWS this morning aswell 😭  No idea how I am going to explain this one to the missus, thank god she won't be home until later tonight.

20190201.jpg

s-l1600.jpg