THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

11 minutes ago, LVOA-D said:

Just wondering, but do any of you guys have a "spare" MWS upper or know a place where they are in stock?

I believe that eagle 6 can order one in for you, but if anyone else has any ideas?

Finally got around to installing the SI Advanced Buffertube with the Multi-Function Endplate & Anti-rotation Castle nut, looking sweet. Shame my day is still terrible as my upper receiver broke 😥.

Might have sourced one from Italy but awaiting a tracking number to be able to sleep tonight (so basically no sleep tonight as I obviously will not get one on Sunday evening). Really hope it works out

because that was literally the only place on the world wide web I could find that had them in stock, although nowadays a website saying in stock doesn't mean a whole lot...

IMG_4474.jpg

Quick question @LVOA-D, How did you break your upper??😯

@RobHedley I rather you don't ask...🤣 still makes me feel bad. But in all seriousness, I think my bev block wasn't inserted correctly when I torqued down the barrel nut. Perhaps in combination with a weaker than average upper?? I am not entirely sure but I am sure I did not put too much stress on it. I had another

MWS before this and I actually torqued the barrel nut down without a bev block and there was no problem. Sucks but as long as I can manage to get a new upper...shit happens.

316E4E38-2AEF-4076-B92F-07C29B84E4DA.JPG

I wish I hadn't asked now..... that image will always stick with me!!

I am going to go home and cuddle my MWS tonight!. Gentlemen, a minutes silence for @LVOA-Ds upper please.

I hope you get an upper sorted soon. I will keep an eye out as well. 

Thanks for the compassion lads, much appreciated! 🤣 Worst case scenario I might have to get either A) a new MWS (anyone need spares? 😀) or B) a 600-700 euro CNC aluminum receiver set...

Both are not optimal but I do eventually want a working MWS again. So far everything is looking good with the purchase I made on eBay, payment went through and no message that it isn't in stock so let's pray to god it's here soon.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, LVOA-D said:

Thanks for the compassion lads, much appreciated! 🤣 Worst case scenario I might have to get either A) a new MWS (anyone need spares? 😀) or B) a 600-700 euro CNC aluminum receiver set...

Both are not optimal but I do eventually want a working MWS again. So far everything is looking good with the purchase I made on eBay, payment went through and no message that it isn't in stock so let's pray to god it's here soon.

I know it's not a cheap option but there is a John Wick Taran Tactical conversion kit available for the MWS now....

@Lozart I have seen that yes, shame I don't really need all the stuff that comes with it, at most I'd use the upper and lower, not really digging the rest I must say. Plus I'd be stuck with almost a complete set of Strike Industries stuff I don't have a use for.

Also the price, I can get 2 MWS' for that money 🤣.

Having looked at the VLTOR gas blocks and being shocked at the price of them. I decided give a cheaper option a go first. Ordered this low profile gas block to replace the front sight version and so far I am impressed. Made of machined aluminium and should look sweet once it’s on. Best thing is it only cost £8 from Patrol Base!! 👍

1F0C4959-07F0-45CB-A9D8-7B6084BA93CB.jpeg

8B01B523-7053-4869-94C4-4338CFA41A15.jpeg

All fitted and looking low profile. Took no time at all but make sure you have some very small punches to pop the pins bout of the foresight.

I co-witnessed the holosight before removing the front and rear iron sights so it should be pretty close to sighted. Off the the UCAP Bunker in Portsmouth tonight so it will be the first skirmish with the MWS!! Exciting!

269FD745-CE5E-4381-B644-5C25D2FA5E87.jpeg

11FBF081-6432-47CA-B107-7ED0A1A457B7.jpeg

A646F012-5374-4330-A587-5306EE1D08B5.jpeg

Hey guys, 

I'm looking to buy a TM MWS but i'm not sure if i want the MWS or CQBR. 

Do both have the same reliability? 

Is there any other difference than barrel length? 

im probably replacing the rail and grip, what kind of rails will and grips will fit? 

It will be my first gbbr so not sure where to start. 

Thanks guys!

Hi @itsme

They are both the same apart from (as you said) the barrel length. 250mm on the CQBR and 330mm(???) on the M4A1. The internals are identical apart from that. The photos above your post are of my CQBR. 

It all depends what you are going to be using it for. If you are outdoors, then maybe go for the longer version or if you are indoors/CQB then the CQBR is perfect. In fact the CQBR in stock form is still amazing outdoors and easily out performs my AEG. I went the CQBR route as I play a lot in the underground tunnels and the prison down in Portsmouth. That said I am looking to purchase a second one and create an outdoor specific version.

I assume you have read through the topic pages (lots of) as there is a treasure trove of information and there are lots of guys on here that know way more than me ( @Wo1f @Davegolf etc). Let us know which way you go.

Hi  @RobHedley 

Thanks for the super quick reply mate!

I play some outdoor but most of the time i'm indoor playing with my hpa tapped hi capa.

I'm so glad i found this forums/topic. I've been reading for 2 hours now and i can't wait to finally get my gbbr. when i first bought my aeg people talked me out of a gbbr because of the belgian weather but it doesn't seem to much of a problem for the mws. 

Does it really outperform let's say a G&G quality replica with mosfet and a 6.01 barrel?

I love the fact i wont be able to mag dump and actually reload. Time to make every shot count as i do with my hi capa. I'll be browsing this topic a whole lot more :D 

@itsme With a tight bore barrel, the SixG Super Nub and a Modify Tan bucking, guys are getting .4s out to 80m consistently. As stock my CQBR is sending .3s out to 50m - 60m (measured by eye as don’t have a range finder). I have a couple of super nubs and modify tan buckings so plan on fitting to see how it changes the range. Although don’t know if it is worth it on the CQBR as it is already shooting way further than I will ever need where I skirmish indoors.

@RobHedley Gasblock looks great man! Must say you do need some irons though, your rail looks naked 😉. Still awaiting my gasblock from Strike Industries (obviously). Shame I don’t have a RIF to put it on at the moment...

@itsme With a tight bore barrel, the SixG Super Nub and a Modify Tan bucking, guys are getting .4s out to 80m consistently. As stock my CQBR is sending .3s out to 50m - 60m (measured by eye as don’t have a range finder). I have a couple of super nubs and modify tan buckings so plan on fitting to see how it changes the range. Although don’t know if it is worth it on the CQBR as it is already shooting way further than I will ever need where I skirmish indoors.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, RobHedley said:

Airsoft metres are a magical thing they single handedly prove wormhole theory.

5 hours ago, itsme said:

Hey guys, 

I'm looking to buy a TM MWS but i'm not sure if i want the MWS or CQBR. 

Do both have the same reliability? 

Is there any other difference than barrel length? 

im probably replacing the rail and grip, what kind of rails will and grips will fit? 

It will be my first gbbr so not sure where to start. 

Thanks guys!

The inner barrel on both is 250mm so no difference in performance. The normal MWS can take upto a 370mm barrel

Starting to get a bit worried about getting a new upper :( Delivery date for my order on eBay shifted to around the 14th of June. Doubt they actually have it in stock so if I don't hear anything by next week I will cancel it and refund it. Not sure where else to check as I think

I checked pretty much every webshop in Europe, Asia and even the US just to make sure. As much as I love the MWS, sometimes I wish I would have just gone with the GHK because I find it ridiculous spare parts from such a large brand are pretty much unobtainable. Not sure what

way to go at the moment. /rant!

15 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Airsoft metres are a magical thing they single handedly prove wormhole theory.

All of my results are with a rangefinder 😉