THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

35 minutes ago, LVOA-D said:

@Fissure Probably easier to sum it up from the parts I have purchased:

Strike Industries:

Trigger guard / SI Fang: Can be made to fit, although I haven't started with that yet. Probably can force it to fit aswell but after what happened with the safetely selector, I'm a bit more careful.

Takedown Pins: Do fit without modification, must use the original SI detentpins though.

Buffertube: Is milspec and does not fit, either the buffertube or the upper must be re-threaded.

Flash hider: Real steel threads, advice is to get a outerbarrel extension to get that re-threaded so you do not lose your 14mm ccw on your original outer barrel.

Foregrip:  Milspec m-lok, fits the SI rail obviously and will fit any rail aslong as the m-lok uses the proper dimensions.

Rail / barrelnut: The rail itself lines up with the upper perfectly, the upper needs re-threading for the barrelnut though.

Safety selector: Does not fit, also do not attempt to fit it. You will need to hammer it out as it will lock itself in there. So far I have only damaged the detent pin but my trigger was sligthly bent aswell (managed to restore that no problem though).

Stock: Fits perfectly on the SI advanced buffertube, I just returned it because my frame (as in my body) is too big for such a small (it's really small) stock.

Anti-walk/rotation pins: Will not fit as the pins in the MWS are fake.

Multifunction endplate and anti rotation castle nut: Fit a milspec buffertube, see the buffertube.

Ultimate Dust Cover: The dust cover itself fits, but cannot close due to the ejection port on the MWS being too small, can't really be modded. Aslong as you leave it open it's not a problem (unless you think otherwise).

Magazine release: The mag release button fits on the MWS lever, which is what I'd suggest doing. The SI lever has to be filed down too much to be reliable in the longer term, wouldn't surprise it would break sooner or later after filing it down.

Bolt catch: Will not fit and can't really be made to fit as the MWS has a proprietary system which simply doesn't work with a real steel one.

*EDIT* Forward assist: Must be filed down to fit, will lose the MWS' original option of it actually functioning though. * EDIT*

MagPul:

Pistolgrip / MIAD 1.1: Fits like a glove, must use the original MWS screw though.

MFT:

Stock: Fits perfectly on the MWS original buffertube, very slight movement on the SI advanced buffertube.

Think that sums everything up. All in all, to fit real steel you'd probably be better off with a GHK or WE 🤣.

Thanks a lot for the info !

How will you go about rethreading the upper?

@Fissure Bringing my upper, outer barrel extension and buffer tube to a gun shop near me, they can re-thread anything basically, at a hefty price I must say. It will be approximately 90 euro's per item to be re-threaded, so 270 euro's (which would be around 230-240 pounds).

Could probably get it done cheaper at a metalworking shop but here in the Netherlands if they see anything resembling something of pure evil like a RIF, they will probably call the cops without question's asked. So yeah, my MWS will be a really expensive plinker 🤣.

1 hour ago, LVOA-D said:

@Fissure Bringing my upper, outer barrel extension and buffer tube to a gun shop near me, they can re-thread anything basically, at a hefty price I must say. It will be approximately 90 euro's per item to be re-threaded, so 270 euro's (which would be around 230-240 pounds).

Could probably get it done cheaper at a metalworking shop but here in the Netherlands if they see anything resembling something of pure evil like a RIF, they will probably call the cops without question's asked. So yeah, my MWS will be a really expensive plinker 🤣.

Sorry to hear that real steel handguard does not fit. Especially because just before I read it I ordered one! I am not very happy about the idea of rethreading my upper:-/. Does anyone else have the same problem - not possible to mount a real steel handguard without rethreading?

7 minutes ago, M.a.r.v.i.n said:

Sorry to hear that real steel handguard does not fit. Especially because just before I read it I ordered one! I am not very happy about the idea of rethreading my upper:-/. Does anyone else have the same problem - not possible to mount a real steel handguard without rethreading?

I got around it with my HERA conversion by cutting the RS barrel mount in half, and threading in on about three turns.

Handguard fitted perfectly, very solid, looked perfect 

4FA545B3-840B-4837-BFB3-BAD975828D8E.thumb.png.52c897ee4769a2cb4950f2a404746aa2.png

Does anyone know if the genuine Magpul (think it's Magpul) B.A.D. Lever fits the MWS? Or would I be better off just grabbing the Laylax (which seems to be a little more expensive for some reason)?

19 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I got around it with my HERA conversion by cutting the RS barrel mount in half, and threading in on about three turns.

Handguard fitted perfectly, very solid, looked perfect 

4FA545B3-840B-4837-BFB3-BAD975828D8E.thumb.png.52c897ee4769a2cb4950f2a404746aa2.png

So is the thread size correct but to short or what? Don't understand how you mounted it if the threads are off or did you just force it on?

3 hours ago, Fissure said:

So is the thread size correct but to short or what? Don't understand how you mounted it if the threads are off or did you just force it on?

Of course I didn’t force it on lol. With half the threads removed from the nut, it screwed onto the upper perfectly well. The threads are only a little out

11 minutes ago, LVOA-D said:

@rocketdogbert Perhaps I’m a fool but I still don’t exactly understand what you did to your barrel nut. Care to elaborate, step by step and the materials used?

A hack saw

I cut it in half, side to side, so it was half as long 🙈

41 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

A hack saw

I cut it in half, side to side, so it was half as long 🙈

Is it just me that got very nervous and a sweaty top lip when I read this!! 😳 You are a braver man than I am @rocketdogbert!! 😉

on another note, I have had my first issue with my CQBR (well one of the magazines at least). I was testing distance with the stock bucking etc when I got a miss feed and the bolt didn’t lock back. On removing the magazine I saw that the bb’s were sitting about 5mm below the feed lip as can be seen in the photos. I haven’t had chance to strip it yet but I assume either the follower has got jammed or the spring has snapped. Guess I will find out when I strip it. 😡

33DB3D7D-EDB3-4A29-9754-A6C3F29E468B.jpeg

455C926B-272A-4E94-B3D0-2125E9F88A02.jpeg

13 minutes ago, RobHedley said:

Is it just me that got very nervous and a sweaty top lip when I read this!! 😳 You are a braver man than I am @rocketdogbert!! 😉

Lol it’s just a barrel nut

@RobHedley nothing will have snapped. I’ve had this before, usually using crap BB’s but it sometimes happens with shit ones. To fix it either slap the mag with the palm of your hands or if that doesn’t fix it, you can use something thin to push down the second bb that you can see. That will release the tension and fix it. 

If its a persistent issue, strip the mag and clean the bb tube. 

@Wo1f That does make sense. The BBs I was using were a bottle of ASG Blasters that I had inherited when I bought a Second hand AEG last year. I assumed they were new as it was a full bottle. When I put them back in the cupboard after using them and the mag jamming I noticed they a number of them were tracers and glowing. I assume now that they are a miss match that the guy just bottled up. I will chuck them when I get home and use the new ones I bought. 

Thanks for the pointer 👍

4 hours ago, RobHedley said:

on another note, I have had my first issue with my CQBR (well one of the magazines at least). I was testing distance with the stock bucking etc when I got a miss feed and the bolt didn’t lock back. On removing the magazine I saw that the bb’s were sitting about 5mm below the feed lip as can be seen in the photos. I haven’t had chance to strip it yet but I assume either the follower has got jammed or the spring has snapped. Guess I will find out when I strip it. 😡

Happend to me. I have just feeded some more bbs in the mag and then spray them out on full auto. Fixed the problem - and it was also a mix of tracers...

9 hours ago, RobHedley said:

I used to get that on my GHK; the BB follower would get caught on the part that had the feed lips leaving 2 bbs bouncing around. A quick file job inside to round off the edge allowed it to feed correctly (just saying incase it happens again with new BBs, ya never know... plus what others have said :))

1 hour ago, MILLANNNN said:

well riformulating the question:

how many BBs can you shoot in a single fill of gas with an unmodded magazine?

In his video Badabing put it around 60 without the green gas mod. 

Before I did the green gas mod on mine I got around 40 (one full mag then a couple more once refilled with BBs). That was on Abbey Predator Ultra Gas. After the mod I easily got 3 mags on a single fill and it fired a few no trouble out of a 4th refill.

What joule ratings do you guys get with the Stock inner barrel and 0.3g BBs? My home site is very strict on joules and I don't have any 0.3g BBs at home, would like to hear peoples results before I order truckloads of these BBs only to be disappointed that I can't use them. Thanks.

18 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

What joule ratings do you guys get with the Stock inner barrel and 0.3g BBs? My home site is very strict on joules and I don't have any 0.3g BBs at home, would like to hear peoples results before I order truckloads of these BBs only to be disappointed that I can't use them. Thanks.

It depends on what MWS version you have:

- 1st models released in november 2015 came out at 1.7J with 0.2s

- then CQBR got released and they changed the rocket valve + drilled holes in the nozzle, 1.3J with 0.2s

- the current models shoot around 0.8J and I don't know what changes were made

And I don't know if there have been any other models between 2nd and 3rd gen. 

However if you actually know how hot your rifle shoots, you should be able to figure it out on your own. I didn't get significant joule creeps when increasing BB weight

Finally got around to installing the Fang Billet trigger guard, for which I had to file a bit of the lower down, both near the magwell and the grip.

I am aware the screw on the other side isn't fully threaded in yet, I don't actually have the right size torx screwdriver handy at the moment, will get one tomorrow though so all's well!

IMG_4468.jpg

IMG_4469.jpg