THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Hi all, does anyone experience leakage in mags throu the filling valve? I had my mws in field this weekend for the first time. To my horror all of my five mags (all brand new) leak through filling valve so quickly that it doesnt empty one full mag. I tried to tighten the valve on one of them. I felt it could be tighten more but I remeber someone wrote here that it is easy to break them so I didnt put too much force on it.

Also I have two gasses and it leaks with both.

It seems weird to me because one mag came with the gun and four other were bought extra from a different shop. The mags are definitely a different batch but has the same problem.

Thank you in advance for any help.

2 hours ago, M.a.r.v.i.n said:

Hi all, does anyone experience leakage in mags throu the filling valve? I had my mws in field this weekend for the first time. To my horror all of my five mags (all brand new) leak through filling valve so quickly that it doesnt empty one full mag. I tried to tighten the valve on one of them. I felt it could be tighten more but I remeber someone wrote here that it is easy to break them so I didnt put too much force on it.

Also I have two gasses and it leaks with both.

It seems weird to me because one mag came with the gun and four other were bought extra from a different shop. The mags are definitely a different batch but has the same problem.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Whilst silicon isn't of any real benefit inside the mag, it is good with leaky valves.

Put a drop on the valve and give it a few split second fills with gas. Or use something you can push the valve with in & out. Just to work it into the parts a little. A thick silicon like the GHK one is better than a really runny one but anything will do tbh.

That's what I've always done with any mag that has leaked from either valve and it's always fixed them (unless damaged but as you have 5 mags leaking I very much doubt they are leaking from any damage).

3 hours ago, Immortal said:

Thanks a lot for that, had no idea that existed. Have a m12 sidewinder for my AEGs and loving it. Guess I will have to get one of these as well!

Goddamn shipping is more than the loader itself to Sweden, that's insane

19 minutes ago, Fissure said:

Thanks a lot for that, had no idea that existed. Have a m12 sidewinder for my AEGs and loving it. Guess I will have to get one of these as well!

Goddamn shipping is more than the loader itself to Sweden, that's insane

Yes, the shipping is the worst but it's the only place I've found with these type of winding speedloaders unfortunately.

It does do the job though and it's a step up from the tube loader that comes with the MWS. And as you've found out a normal speedloader just can't handle loading an MWS mag very well if at all - I had no luck trying.

I would of thought TM could have come up with something a little more than a tube and plunger considering the effort and quality of the RIF itself. Something I could carry in a game would be ideal - no such luck as of yet.

• Supporters
On 02/05/2019 at 09:31, Immortal said:

How about a Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah or are you saying Eotech don't know their own products?

1006497873_Screenshot2019-05-02at09_28_12.thumb.png.f8e8288a4caa9386c234b522dce8665a.png

Kids these days..... :lol:

I think you're missing the point of co witnessing, literally every single red dot available on the market can be co witnessed, this is not a unique EOTech feature.  

Additionally, the image you've posted there is simply a guide on how to zero your sight using iron sights that have already been zeroed, again, this is something any red dot sight and/or laser can do.  

EOTech sights are designed to be used standalone, while the front sight post will not impede their use it doesn't add ANYTHING to it at all. 

In the words of the modern day poet, Ice Cube “I gotta say, today has been a good day”!!

a few goodies turned up today including the War Mag reloader that @Immortal recommended. Works perfectly although I assume the winding handle Is prone to breaking as they send your 2!!

Green Gas mod now done on all the mags, going to fill them to test for leaks then do a bit of chronoing with it stock.

31AD49D2-EAF4-4A92-83A5-AE20C08E37B7.jpeg

39BA499A-2613-4730-9D05-DF34D87EC552.jpeg

On 02/05/2019 at 22:56, Immortal said:

Yes, the shipping is the worst but it's the only place I've found with these type of winding speedloaders unfortunately.

It does do the job though and it's a step up from the tube loader that comes with the MWS. And as you've found out a normal speedloader just can't handle loading an MWS mag very well if at all - I had no luck trying.

I would of thought TM could have come up with something a little more than a tube and plunger considering the effort and quality of the RIF itself. Something I could carry in a game would be ideal - no such luck as of yet.

Yeah bringing out your exclusive kitted TM MWS and pulling out the plastic plunger tube is humiliating xD

16 hours ago, Fissure said:

Yeah bringing out your exclusive kitted TM MWS and pulling out the plastic plunger tube is humiliating xD

Been there... Done that... 😂

54 minutes ago, _FIL_ said:

Been there... Done that... 😂

To be honest this is how I load my mag's. I've got a speed loader with adapter but I've found that the easiest and quickest way of loading is still to use the loader it comes with. I've found speedloaders to be a pain in the arse to be honest.

I am curious to hear how that Hurricane loader holds up though.

edit: I must admit, I'm still attempting to find somewhere which has the stock I'm after available. Presently waiting for some email responses but I guess I'll just have to be patient for now.

Yeah sorry, that is indeed what I meant. Most stuff needs a little filing to fit but the buffer tube won’t fit at all unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, LVOA-D said:

Yeah sorry, that is indeed what I meant. Most stuff needs a little filing to fit but the buffer tube won’t fit at all unfortunately.

Get LCs Engineering on FB to modify the tube, he’ll be able to put a thread on it that fits perfectly

7 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

To be honest this is how I load my mag's. I've got a speed loader with adapter but I've found that the easiest and quickest way of loading is still to use the loader it comes with. I've found speedloaders to be a pain in the arse to be honest.

I am curious to hear how that Hurricane loader holds up though.

edit: I must admit, I'm still attempting to find somewhere which has the stock I'm after available. Presently waiting for some email responses but I guess I'll just have to be patient for now.

Me too since I got no other way at the moment...

Takes time but got to admit it works.

On 04/05/2019 at 21:22, LVOA-D said:

It has finally arrived!

Small edit: Didn't know the MWS couldn't take real buffertubes :( Any way around this?

IMG_4398.jpg

Nice bunch of parts there! Looks like a sweet build, shame about the buffer tube though. Hope you manage to get it sorted out somehow.

Where do you source your parts from?

Btw do anyone here know if RS Selector Switch, bolt catch, Takedown pins and trigger guard will fit the MWS? Guessing a no on the selector switch and bolt catch at least. Would love to have this on my MWS

https://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/products/ar/lower-parts-kit/strike-switch.html

@rocketdogbert Cheers man, have already found a shop in the Netherlands to re-thread it though, probably a little bit more cost efficient considering it'd have to be shipped overseas twice :)

@Fissure All the Strike Industries parts are bought in Poland, at Specshop.pl (which is a wonderful store, will throw up a review in the coming days). Pretty much the only store that

has a decent selection of Strike Industries parts. Other than that they have a bunch of MagPul stuff as well and wide variety of both real and airsoft accessories.

Must say I have returned the Pit Viper Stock and the Anti-Walk Pins. The stock was too small for my frame and the pins can not be fitted to the MWS. Getting an adapter made for the real flashhider

at the same store that's going to re-thread the buffertube. They will also re-thread the upper for the rail while they are at it. The Iron Airsoft trigger is installed but I accidentally broke something so

I am going to have to wait for the replacement part (which at the moment I could only find in Japan at Impulse101) to continue. Doesn't really matter because all the re-threading work won't be done

for the next three weeks so updates will be scarce unfortunetely...Guess I will have to start fiddling with the new build for my GHK M4(if I am allowed to say so here in the MWS forum 🤣).

Internally I have installed the tan bucking, SixG super nub and the Prommy inner barrel but seeing as someone broke something in my MWS, I haven't been able to test it yet...

EDIT: picture of the trigger housing, broke the detent for the safety selector. Flat face trigger looks sweet though!

IMG_4425.jpg

1 hour ago, LVOA-D said:

@rocketdogbert Cheers man, have already found a shop in the Netherlands to re-thread it though, probably a little bit more cost efficient considering it'd have to be shipped overseas twice :)

@Fissure All the Strike Industries parts are bought in Poland, at Specshop.pl (which is a wonderful store, will throw up a review in the coming days). Pretty much the only store that

has a decent selection of Strike Industries parts. Other than that they have a bunch of MagPul stuff as well and wide variety of both real and airsoft accessories.

Must say I have returned the Pit Viper Stock and the Anti-Walk Pins. The stock was too small for my frame and the pins can not be fitted to the MWS. Getting an adapter made for the real flashhider

at the same store that's going to re-thread the buffertube. They will also re-thread the upper for the rail while they are at it. The Iron Airsoft trigger is installed but I accidentally broke something so

I am going to have to wait for the replacement part (which at the moment I could only find in Japan at Impulse101) to continue. Doesn't really matter because all the re-threading work won't be done

for the next three weeks so updates will be scarce unfortunetely...Guess I will have to start fiddling with the new build for my GHK M4(if I am allowed to say so here in the MWS forum 🤣).

Internally I have installed the tan bucking, SixG super nub and the Prommy inner barrel but seeing as someone broke something in my MWS, I haven't been able to test it yet...

EDIT: picture of the trigger housing, broke the detent for the safety selector. Flat face trigger looks sweet though!

IMG_4425.jpg

Shame about the trigger, running the same trigger on my DMR build! Did the flashhider not fit as well?? Wanted to try out their dummy suppresor but that might be a bad idea then?

Edit they are 12,7mm thread size, and the MWS is 13 or 14mm I velive, well that sucks 😕

@Fissure The flash hider does not fit as it’s a real steel flash hider (like all the other Strike stuff). I knew this beforehand in this case though, same with the rail. For the flash hider I’m getting a Madbull 2” barrel extension modified (from 14mm ccw to 1/2”x28 if I remember correctly).

7 hours ago, Fissure said:

Nice bunch of parts there! Looks like a sweet build, shame about the buffer tube though. Hope you manage to get it sorted out somehow.

Where do you source your parts from?

Btw do anyone here know if RS Selector Switch, bolt catch, Takedown pins and trigger guard will fit the MWS? Guessing a no on the selector switch and bolt catch at least. Would love to have this on my MWS

https://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/products/ar/lower-parts-kit/strike-switch.html

The selector and bolt catch will not fit. Me trying to fit the selector was what broke my detent pin, as I forcefully had to hammer it out🤣. The takedown pins I have do fit and the trigger guard had to be atleast filed down to fit.

EDIT: The takedown pins I have are part of the lower receiver parts set (https://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/products/ar/lower-parts-kit/ar-enhanced-lower-receiver-parts-with-trigger-hammer-and-disconnector.html).

Most of it doesn't fit though so pretty useless purchase. The magazine release can also be made to work with some filing down but I chose to use the SI button with the original lever, works perfect!

0A913876-0BA4-4A84-AF58-740A3F6092B6.jpeg

E4DD323A-CBAB-44AE-B0FD-670E3C1A04C7.jpeg

@hunter511 As with most things, no it’s not unfortunately. Fitment itself is perfect but it can not close properly because the TM ejection port is slightly smaller than a real AR-15. Personally I don’t really mind this as it’s basically never closed anyways. It does fit fine on my GHK though so if it starts to bother me I will put it on there.

Hi guys, 

is there someone here who didn't green gas mod their mags? If so, could you please tell me how much gas in grams can you manage to fill?
I tested my 5 unmodded mags and got the following results:

Mag 1: 7g

Mag 2: 11g

Mag 3: 12g

Mag 4: 13g

Mag 5: 7g

So yea, I need to figure out which mag I managed to screw up when reinstalling the tubes

thanks in advance

22 hours ago, LVOA-D said:

The selector and bolt catch will not fit. Me trying to fit the selector was what broke my detent pin, as I forcefully had to hammer it out🤣. The takedown pins I have do fit and the trigger guard had to be atleast filed down to fit.

EDIT: The takedown pins I have are part of the lower receiver parts set (https://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/products/ar/lower-parts-kit/ar-enhanced-lower-receiver-parts-with-trigger-hammer-and-disconnector.html).

Most of it doesn't fit though so pretty useless purchase. The magazine release can also be made to work with some filing down but I chose to use the SI button with the original lever, works perfect!

0A913876-0BA4-4A84-AF58-740A3F6092B6.jpeg

E4DD323A-CBAB-44AE-B0FD-670E3C1A04C7.jpeg

Dang that sucks, so far the RS parts that fit "properly" are the takedown pins, trigger guard with some modding (can you see the filing when its mounted?)  and the rail (I assume) and stock (not buffertube). Any more parts you had issues with so one knows what to avoid now when getting another MWS? Thanks for the info btw ! I wonder if the strike selector switch outer parts would fit on an MWS third party ambi switch?

@Fissure Probably easier to sum it up from the parts I have purchased:

Strike Industries:

Trigger guard / SI Fang: Can be made to fit, although I haven't started with that yet. Probably can force it to fit aswell but after what happened with the safetely selector, I'm a bit more careful.

Takedown Pins: Do fit without modification, must use the original SI detentpins though.

Buffertube: Is milspec and does not fit, either the buffertube or the upper must be re-threaded.

Flash hider: Real steel threads, advice is to get a outerbarrel extension to get that re-threaded so you do not lose your 14mm ccw on your original outer barrel.

Foregrip:  Milspec m-lok, fits the SI rail obviously and will fit any rail aslong as the m-lok uses the proper dimensions.

Rail / barrelnut: The rail itself lines up with the upper perfectly, the upper needs re-threading for the barrelnut though.

Safety selector: Does not fit, also do not attempt to fit it. You will need to hammer it out as it will lock itself in there. So far I have only damaged the detent pin but my trigger was sligthly bent aswell (managed to restore that no problem though).

Stock: Fits perfectly on the SI advanced buffertube, I just returned it because my frame (as in my body) is too big for such a small (it's really small) stock.

Anti-walk/rotation pins: Will not fit as the pins in the MWS are fake.

Multifunction endplate and anti rotation castle nut: Fit a milspec buffertube, see the buffertube.

Ultimate Dust Cover: The dust cover itself fits, but cannot close due to the ejection port on the MWS being too small, can't really be modded. Aslong as you leave it open it's not a problem (unless you think otherwise).

Magazine release: The mag release button fits on the MWS lever, which is what I'd suggest doing. The SI lever has to be filed down too much to be reliable in the longer term, wouldn't surprise it would break sooner or later after filing it down.

Bolt catch: Will not fit and can't really be made to fit as the MWS has a proprietary system which simply doesn't work with a real steel one.

*EDIT* Forward assist: Must be filed down to fit, will lose the MWS' original option of it actually functioning though. * EDIT*

MagPul:

Pistolgrip / MIAD 1.1: Fits like a glove, must use the original MWS screw though.

MFT:

Stock: Fits perfectly on the MWS original buffertube, very slight movement on the SI advanced buffertube.

Think that sums everything up. All in all, to fit real steel you'd probably be better off with a GHK or WE 🤣.