THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

@_FIL_ I was using my MWS on Saturday (stock, approx 14°c) with Nuprol 2.0 without issue.

I'm not sure if this will help as a point of reference.

Which gas are/were you using? Have you check for gas leaks?

so I am finding on my mws on full auto that it sometimes double feeds in the middle of a burst. it is pretty much stock apart from a modify tan bucking with brass nub and is being run on propane using an npas with 0.36g bbs. cound this be bolt bounce?

could an angry gun high speed recoil buffer help with this?

it's not a massive issue as I pretty much exclusively use only semi at this point in time but it would be nice to get the full auto consistent.

3 hours ago, Jacket said:

Has anyone had trouble threading aftermarket barrel nuts into the mws receiver? I had a madbull Viking rail and could only get it threaded in about 1/4 of the way. Didn’t want to start retreading things so sent in back and put my normal front end back on

LUBRICATE the threads! Bit of silicone grease will help. Don’t cross thread and don’t force it on. Make sure your using the right barrel nut.

my PTS nut was rough to fit first but a smidge of grease every other removal makes it slip on easy.

Could make a sexual joke but I won’t.

3 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@_FIL_ I was using my MWS on Saturday (stock, approx 14°c) with Nuprol 2.0 without issue. 

I'm not sure if this will help as a point of reference.

Which gas are/were you using? Have you check for gas leaks?

Gas leaks in the mags, rifle or both?

mags seem to be ok as I don`t hear any gas coming out...

Don`t know about the rifle though or how to check it... Its an MTR16

this is the gas I was using:

https://ocaleiro.pt/site/catalogo/consumíveis/gás/greengas

@_FIL_ I was thinking of your mag's in relation to possible leaks.

I can't comment on that particular Green Gas as it's not one I've ever heard of, let alone encountered. The actual capacity of the MWS magazines is pretty good out of the box and it'll take more than you realise, I'd suggest avoiding the Green Gas mod until you're used to how much they take as overfilling can generate issues (at least from what Badabing communicated to me).

I think it's discussed earlier in the thread about how much to fill the mag's with (or I could be thinking of a video), it might be worth having a look through the earlier pages of this thread. I realise that we're up to 44 pages and growing but there is a lot of useful information amidst the general conversation/discussion.

1 hour ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@_FIL_ I was thinking of your mag's in relation to possible leaks.

I can't comment on that particular Green Gas as it's not one I've ever heard of, let alone encountered. The actual capacity of the MWS magazines is pretty good out of the box and it'll take more than you realise, I'd suggest avoiding the Green Gas mod until you're used to how much they take as overfilling can generate issues (at least from what Badabing communicated to me).

I think it's discussed earlier in the thread about how much to fill the mag's with (or I could be thinking of a video), it might be worth having a look through the earlier pages of this thread. I realise that we're up to 44 pages and growing but there is a lot of useful information amidst the general conversation/discussion.

@FreeFrag.UK Overfilling could explain what I am doing wrong...

Going to check if I can find the post where the mag filling is explained, as you suggested, as I myself remember reading it while going over the thread.

Thank you.

This thought just occurred to me...

The mags and rifles sat on customs check for 5 months (I know 🤬).

Could this time have affected the mags somehow?

Like a dry O-ring somewhere for example? Any thoughts @FreeFrag.UK?

That`s the gas I bought from my local store you can see it featured here.

Thinking of ditching the WE M4 and going Team MWS. Found the m4a1 carbine for considerably cheaper than the CQB-R but ultimately aiming to get a CQBR length barrel. Noticed that the Dytac mil-spec outer barrels are out of stock anywhere, are they any alternatives? Saw theres quite a few decently priced G&P barrel sets floating around for the MWS, anyone had experience with them?

Amazing treasure trove of info here, this is just planning right now though as I cant afford the MWS just yet...

@_FIL_ If there's a leak I'd have thought that would hear it. To be honest my GBB experience is mostly with pistols. My thought on the overfilling was only if you had carried out the green gas mod, this wouldn't really apply to the stock magazines.

@Wo1f is the resident guru for all things MWS but there are also various others around who might be able to be of more help.

Morning gents, yet more random questions I'm afraid, 

continuing the efforts to build up a second upper receiver set,

1) does anyone know how the Laylax hop unit compares to the original TM one as at E6's prices the Laylax hop chamber is considerably cheaper and IIRC Laylax stuff tends to be good. For comparison Ive seen the Laylax chamber at £25 in several places, E6 are charging £10-12 per piece for the TM original bits.

2) Ejection Port Cover RS compatibility, once again its looking a damn sight cheaper to get one from Brownells than buy the bits individually from E6, as in a complete set springs, bar etc can be had for ~£7 rather than E6's £10 for just the "port cover and you'll need to buy the rest of the bits individually".

Thanks in advance.

I have finally joined the club when I picked up my MWS yesterday!!!

I went for the CQBR version and I am blown away by it!! I gassed up a magazine when I got home and wow. Absolutely love it!!

i picked up some more magazines and I received 2 super nubs from Six Gunsmith (Thanks for the 1 day turnaround Dave!). Just waiting for the Modify Tan buckings to turn up. I have yet to do the green gas mod but my other half is out tonight getting her lips done (!!) so will tackle it then.

just wanted to thank everyone for the amazing information and help and I am pleased to be a member of Club MWS 😁

9C34B7D5-AF75-400A-BFE1-324D5698B6B3.jpeg

B0387254-55BF-4006-8100-BE601BCC86B0.jpeg

I know we all mod the sh1t out of the looks of these, but as they go I think the TM CQBR looks and feels fantastic straight OTB.

If anything they only niggle is the slightly slack buttstock, but it still looks right on.

Enjoy @RobHedley

Cheers @Davegolf, I know what you mean. I was planning on changing the front rail but now I have it in my hands I love the look of it.

one question I do have for the MWS collective is, I have a red dot holosight that I want to fit to the CQBR however the front sight blocks aiming. I remember reading about someone removing it and having problems with the stock front rail? I may be wrong. Also I saw that someone had posted about a replacement front sight that folder flat in line with the top rail. My question is do I need to do something special or can I just remove it??

cheers guys

I was hoping to avoid using one to keep

the sight as close to the barrel as possible for quick sighting.

if that’s the only option then I will go that way.

16 minutes ago, RobHedley said:

Cheers @Davegolf, I know what you mean. I was planning on changing the front rail but now I have it in my hands I love the look of it.

one question I do have for the MWS collective is, I have a red dot holosight that I want to fit to the CQBR however the front sight blocks aiming. I remember reading about someone removing it and having problems with the stock front rail? I may be wrong. Also I saw that someone had posted about a replacement front sight that folder flat in line with the top rail. My question is do I need to do something special or can I just remove it??

cheers guys

If you focus on the thing you're shooting at with both eyes open, rather than focus on the reticle, it shouldn't matter.

19 minutes ago, RobHedley said:

cheers guys

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the tm rail isn't made for use without the frontsight. Removing the it will make the rail wobble. So you could or buy another rail, or maybe fabricate something from the frontsight. Let me know if you have found an option, I have the same problem with the front sight. 

You can get folding front sight posts, but as @Jimmeh stated, a red dot / holo sight is intended to be used with both eyes open, if you are looking at your target the dot is essentially super imposed in your vison, you will not notice the FSP.

I oesnt take much googling to see the vast quantity of active duty RS CQBR's running Eotechs (which run low), other sights like the Aimpoints sit higher, I find higher better if wearing goggles personally.

1 hour ago, Immortal said:

How about a Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah or are you saying Eotech don't know their own products?

1006497873_Screenshot2019-05-02at09_28_12.thumb.png.f8e8288a4caa9386c234b522dce8665a.png

Kids these days..... :lol:

Excellent bit of info there Immortal. I will set it up tonight when I get home. Gotta love this forum! 

On 17/04/2019 at 22:36, [Rogues]Loki said:

Hey folks, slight change of topic. Anyone found a surefire way to get silent filling? My valves didn't come with o-rings, and Nineball fill valves don't seem to help much (they seem to sit too low leaving a few mm of thread exposed).

Is it just a case of buying a pack of o-rings and sticking them on the stock valves?

Pretty much (if you know the size) or you can buy the right sized ones direct from lees precision engineering

https://www.leesprecision.com/internal-fill-valve-silent-fill-valve-o-rings-pack-of-12

Be careful on how much gas you are putting in by listening as you can by using the orings equal the pressure of the can to the mag which I made the mistake of doing once

Heya guys, thought I might throw out a question regarding an issue I am having with the mags for the MWS, have a TM speedloader that I only use for filling my grenades but thought I could use it for the MWS mags as well (its the larger one of the two) but trying to fill the mags broke the loader. One of the small screws popped out due to the hard resistance and jams up the pusher. It still works on AEG mags etc, tried a similar one a friend owns (don't know the brand) but no go there either. Anyone have any tips on a good loader that will work and why is it so freaking hard to load the mags, is this normal? (I am using the the little extension that is built onto the mag when trying to load btw)

Cheers !

6 minutes ago, Fissure said:

Heya guys, thought I might throw out a question regarding an issue I am having with the mags for the MWS, have a TM speedloader that I only use for filling my grenades but thought I could use it for the MWS mags as well (its the larger one of the two) but trying to fill the mags broke the loader. One of the small screws popped out due to the hard resistance and jams up the pusher. It still works on AEG mags etc, tried a similar one a friend owns (don't know the brand) but no go there either. Anyone have any tips on a good loader that will work and why is it so freaking hard to load the mags, is this normal? (I am using the the little extension that is built onto the mag when trying to load btw)

Cheers !

I use one of these. Not cheap but makes loading easy.

https://www.softairgames.net/en/bb-loader/16437-hurricane-speed-loader-for-series-marui-mws-gbb-warmag-wm-hurricane-9.html