THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

9 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

Got my SixG super nub. Was about to have a heart attack as the envelope was torn. Thankfully it was in a plastic bag.

AEAAD043-BBD4-4ADD-AA12-FF474A0D1E20.jpeg

Haha, I had the same, but the 2 nubs where really gone somewhere in the postal services … But Dave nailed it, he directly send me 2 more nub in a armored envelop :P

Is the replacement of the stock barrel for a creasy jet (same length, running 320ish FPS) Worth it ?

A friend of mine replaced his stock barrel with one of the crazy jet but longer than the stock one. He get more flat trajectory but not much range (1 or 2 meter maximum). We run the same FPS … If I can get the same flat trajectory with a 250mm than with his 370mm. I think I'll replace the stock one. But for me that's the length of the barrel wich influence the trajectory.

Might be the wrong place to ask, but eff it ill ask anyway (seeing as most of you guys use these nubs). These Super SixG nubs, can they work in any other platform other than the MWS? was thinking of replicating the Modify Tan + SixG nub combo in my WE GBBRs.

2 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

Might be the wrong place to ask, but eff it ill ask anyway (seeing as most of you guys use these nubs). These Super SixG nubs, can they work in any other platform other than the MWS? was thinking of replicating the Modify Tan + SixG nub combo in my WE GBBRs.

A lot of hop units are different. So it may or may not work (tighter or looser fit) Had to ask this they day after I put mine back together. Other wise I could of checked on my AEG M4. 

Hi guys,

Firstly thank you for starting the Thread @Wo1f and secondly thanks to all that have added to this treasure trove of information. I have now decided to join the club and purchase a CQBR next week (I play a lot at the Bunker and the Prison down in Portsmouth so very CQB!). Looking to run standard apart from running the Modify Bucking/Brass Nub combo. I will be purchasing an A1 and building an outdoor version as well but that can wait for a while.

The only question I have is where the hell are you guys getting your Mags from? I have searched high and low for over a week but to no avail. Managed to find some at Redwolf Airsoft in HK but when I came to order them they were suddenly out of stock! Also the Modify Tan Bucking is rather elusive as well!

Can't wait to get my hands on it!!

you'll enjoy it @RobHedley I got mine from camoraids however they are now out of stock. the only ones that I can see is the iron Airsoft p mags from either milspec solutions or Dave's custom Airsoft. but I don't know how they compare to the standard TM usgi type mags.

25 minutes ago, RobHedley said:

Hi guys,

Firstly thank you for starting the Thread @Wo1f and secondly thanks to all that have added to this treasure trove of information. I have now decided to join the club and purchase a CQBR next week (I play a lot at the Bunker and the Prison down in Portsmouth so very CQB!). Looking to run standard apart from running the Modify Bucking/Brass Nub combo. I will be purchasing an A1 and building an outdoor version as well but that can wait for a while.

The only question I have is where the hell are you guys getting your Mags from? I have searched high and low for over a week but to no avail. Managed to find some at Redwolf Airsoft in HK but when I came to order them they were suddenly out of stock! Also the Modify Tan Bucking is rather elusive as well!

Can't wait to get my hands on it!!

To be honest, for those sites, I wouldn't even say you would need to do that - keeping it stock you will probably be fine. There aren't many places that those upgrades would benefit at either site. 

I can't find any modify tan in stock right now. The only place that had them recently was Longbow but they are out of stock currently.

Magazines also seem to be out of stock currently. I had heard that they weren't on the build list for TM for a few months so I suspect that supplies have dried up and you may have to wait a bit to get some. Perhaps consider the second hand market. 

6 minutes ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

you'll enjoy it @RobHedley I got mine from camoraids however they are now out of stock. the only ones that I can see is the iron Airsoft p mags from either milspec solutions or Dave's custom Airsoft. but I don't know how they compare to the standard TM usgi type mags.

Iron Airsoft PMAGs and Prowin mags are an option but I've not great things about either so buyer beware. 

17 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

Got my SixG super nub. Was about to have a heart attack as the envelope was torn. Thankfully it was in a plastic bag.

AEAAD043-BBD4-4ADD-AA12-FF474A0D1E20.jpeg

I ordered 3... Came with the same results. I felt the same like you! :D

20190226_145733.jpg

On 22/04/2019 at 11:23, Immortal said:

Can't decide on a scope/RDS/Holo for my MWS.

I have got an ACOG which is nice but unfortunately the optics are set for 100m so anything closer is a little blurry. Plus my eyes aren't what they used to be so the fibre optic crosshair is a little fuzzy. Put reading specs on and it's sharp as a razor but no way am I looking like a grandpa playing a game with them on...lol :lol:

Any recommendations, it's a fairly stock looking M4A1 with a Hera CQR stock.

Looking for either a sweet adjustable ACOG or maybe something I haven't considered.... jusy nothing silly money though. 👍

For my DMR/Assault build im thinking to get the

Trinity Force Assault Combo 1-4x28 Illuminated Tactical QD Scope with Mil-Dot Reticle

image.png.755f47893af8ceae20968bb4db43d1f9.png

Cheers for the info guys. Mags ordered. Will look into the bucking as well.

@Jimmeh I think I will run the CQBR standard and then do the mods to DMR build of the next one.

Hey guys can someone post a clip explaining how to fill the mags with gas?
Been having a hard time emptying the mags of bb´s with only a gas charge, and been wondering if this is normal on new mags or if it me doing something wrong.

My bet is that I don't know how to recognize when the mag is full of gas so they never fill completely.

Saw here, in the thread, that we should stop filling when they start spilling liquid but this does not seem to be working... Any help or tips?

6 hours ago, _FIL_ said:

Hey guys can someone post a clip explaining how to fill the mags with gas?
Been having a hard time emptying the mags of bb´s with only a gas charge, and been wondering if this is normal on new mags or if it me doing something wrong.

My bet is that I don't know how to recognize when the mag is full of gas so they never fill completely.

Saw here, in the thread, that we should stop filling when they start spilling liquid but this does not seem to be working... Any help or tips?

It's not normal, but it could depend on the temperature/the gas your using. Greengas should empty a full mag, and check the YouTube vid of Badabing and the Greengas mod, this helps greatly for improving how much bb's you can fire with one fill of gas. 

Has anyone had trouble threading aftermarket barrel nuts into the mws receiver? I had a madbull Viking rail and could only get it threaded in about 1/4 of the way. Didn’t want to start retreading things so sent in back and put my normal front end back on

3 hours ago, Daanios said:

It's not normal, but it could depend on the temperature/the gas your using. Greengas should empty a full mag, and check the YouTube vid of Badabing and the Greengas mod, this helps greatly for improving how much bb's you can fire with one fill of gas. 

Already did @Daanios waiting on a gas valve wrench to do that.

This happened to me last sunday and temperature wise should have been around 15ºC to 20ºC.

Can be the gas though, I asked my local shop for the strongest gas they have, but something tells me its not enough as there aren`t many GBB rifles out here in Portugal and that gas is mainly used on GBB pistols.

Two weeks ago (+/- 15ºC) it was measured at 1.1J with 0.25bb, and same gas though...