THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Why do you want silent filling?

Marui valves dont have O rings.

Its easier to fill the Marui valves as they let expelled air out when gas goes in, so they fill faster, plus you know 100% when they are full as they burp out liquid.

41 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Imagining @[Rogues]Loki trying to stealth refill inside an opposition building 😆

Haha, I have done that before, and it ended about as badly as you'd expect...

But no, it's not so much the sound that I'm interested in, so much as the economy. I lose a lot of gas in the filling process. And contrary to popular opinion, the MWS mags do not actually have a 'blow-off' valve to remove excess. It's a standard TM pistol magazine valve, seated inside a threaded brass 'collar'. My theory is that the TM valves don't have o-rings to prevent gas escaping during filling, and the Nineball ones seat so low that the nozzle from my gas tank isn't long enough to make a perfect seal. I wasn't sure if anyone has managed to overcome the gas escape during filling, and if they had any clever suggestions.

On 17/04/2019 at 05:23, Kayzeroth said:

you may look for parts on Powair6 ,  JKArmy, and Rainbow8 webpages. i am from PANAMA city, PANAMA, (Latina America, Where the Panama Canal is, just in case) is a very small country with less tan 5 Million people.

anyway the point is that i get the parts either from Europe or Asia, shipped to United States to a P.O Box of a Freight Company that delivers to my country,  you may need just to look, there is always an option, pretty sure over there too, and even easier i believe!

Thank you @Kayzeroth. Will take a look.

On 17/04/2019 at 23:58, Davegolf said:

Why do you want silent filling?

Marui valves dont have O rings.

Its easier to fill the Marui valves as they let expelled air out when gas goes in, so they fill faster, plus you know 100% when they are full as they burp out liquid.

Hello , if you put o rings in valve to mag , avoid lose gas to fill mag ... Many bottle of gas has these problem.

Not with abbey  , but yes with others as ASG , RWA...etc..

So this week has been

1. Shimming the hop arm

2. Cleaning the bb runners? Ramp? For the P mags as they where jamming

3. Testing hop buckings. Tried the stock bucking and barrel with the plastic H nub. Far better than the TNT but that’s at short range.

contacted Six gun smithing and had no response...  but upset with that but will try again!

57D4E58D-DDE4-43AD-9D4E-4B91117C2A16.jpeg

6F7D14C6-C068-4F29-AA83-6CFD0DC6E211.jpeg

23148AE5-18C3-4263-8811-A07975EDA074.jpeg

Hey guys,

Just a quick introduction as I stumbled on this topic. I'm fairly new to this forum but signed up because there was an Mk23 for sale on here which I had to have! After signing up and managing to get my hands on the Mk23 I started

going over the rest of the forum. Having just received my Krytac CRB-M after a 3 year airsoft hiatus I came across this topic...unfortunately (for my wallet). After having read all 39 pages I ordered a MWS which I received yesterday. Damn

what a beauty and how much more fun it is than a Krytac. The Krytac is up for sale already and the money from that will all go into my MWS, having pre-spent some of it already.

My aim for the MWS is to kit it out with, where possible, exclusively real steel parts. I will not be using it in skirmishes but just for a bit of target practice. From what I have been reading on here the Modify Tan Bucking and the SixG supernub are

pretty much the best combo. Is it still topdog or are there other good combinations I could look into? Range and accuracy are most important for me, FPS limit basically unlimited as I won't be going out in the field with it.

What other good upgrades can you guys recommend? I was looking at Prometheus 370mm inner barrel which was specifically for the MWS, is that any good?

So thanks a lot guys for the great info, the awesome pictures in this thread and for robbing me!

IMG_4261.jpg

Welcome! They are a fine toy for sure :D

If you are staying at 328 FPS limit then all you need is a Super Nub and a 250mm barrel, that will get the best range and accuracy at that power level.

The Modify bucking isn't essential, a healthy TM one is excellent.

Spend a little time with some fine wet&dry paper to smooth the hop unit loading ramp.

Generally inspect, smooth, clean and grease/lube the whole action.

Cycle the mags - load and unload them a good many times with not so expensive BBs to get everything moving nicely.

The aim of all this is to make it so all the parts that interact with the BB do not leave any marks or dents which otherwise affect the BBs aerodynamics and therefore your shot consistency, which in turn is accuracy.

Use high quality 0.36 or more BBs

@Davegolf gave many wise words of wisedom

The Mod Tan bucking and the SixG nub are a popular choice. Just ordered mine. Buckings in the gun ready for bedding in. Its a worth while upgrade as the stock nub wont lift more than a .28 if your lucky. 

Personally I was using a TNT TR hop, Element H nub and 300mm maple leaf barrel but im fed up of left to right inconstancy.

And how can you not skirmish it?! Its so satisfying! Summer is here and it is perfect for gas gun use!

I will say that my stock MWS lifts Geoff's 0.30g happily to 50m or so.

I will have to go down the nub/bucking route as suggested by Wolf at some point though.

On 16/04/2019 at 08:23, Kayzeroth said:

I am waiting for the arrival of my SixG and the Tan Bucking AND the ORGA LEX05 410mm 6.05 inner barrel, to see what can i get on the MTR16 by mirroring the build from the friendly @Wo1f who was kindly enough to share us his DMR build being able to hop .40's at 70-80 meters.

Once i get all the parts i will post a full review with my findings

I've already bought a mtr16 and i wanna make it dmr so i will follow you

23 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

contacted Six gun smithing and had no response...  but upset with that but will try again!

It's the Easter weekend... 👍 Everyone needs a break sometimes.

@Davegolf Thanks for the tips, will definetely take them into account. Must admit I order the Prommy inner barrel and the tan bucking. All that's left is the nub which I will get to after the weekend :)

@Cipher-032 I'm more of a collector than a player really, wouldn't want to get a scratch on it haha. It's like that with everything I buy though, I rather not use all that fancy new stuff to keep it new...weird I know...

@RoninHun Looking sweet, love the combat grey!

Just put on some "upgrades" today though! A PTS Radian Charging Handle, a Vortex Crossfire Red Dot, a Magpul Miad 1.1 grip, an MFT Minimalist stock (which is temporary) and a Strike Industries Forward assist 😍 this is going to cost me so much money...

IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

IMG_4266.jpg

IMG_4268.jpg

Evening all, 

Trying to build a second upper for my MTR, are any of the aftermarket MWS hop units any good or am I going to be better off buying a second rifle then stripping the bits I need and flogging the rest. Looking at this from a practicality and cost effectiveness front, the build will be along the lines of a Spikes compressor upper so a CQB friendly shorty. Was planning on the tan modify hop rubber and a 6.05 orga barrel cut down if needed.

Also @LVOA-D the Strike Industries forward assist is that a mws specific part, real steel or just a generic GBBR bit? 

Also given these have been in the wild for a while, where's all the funky upper reciever options etc. I fancy an MUR style upper but don't really want to drop £700 on the John Wick kit.

@hunter511 The forward assist is real steel but I had to grind it down quite a bit. If I would have been more careful (read: patient) I could have probably kept the functionality because at this moment it does not function anymore. I might order a new one to try again though.

Also all the fancy uppers and lower I have seen are rather ridiculously priced unfortunately :(

15 hours ago, hunter511 said:

Evening all, 

Trying to build a second upper for my MTR, are any of the aftermarket MWS hop units any good or am I going to be better off buying a second rifle then stripping the bits I need and flogging the rest. Looking at this from a practicality and cost effectiveness front, the build will be along the lines of a Spikes compressor upper so a CQB friendly shorty. Was planning on the tan modify hop rubber and a 6.05 orga barrel cut down if needed.

Also @LVOA-D the Strike Industries forward assist is that a mws specific part, real steel or just a generic GBBR bit? 

Also given these have been in the wild for a while, where's all the funky upper reciever options etc. I fancy an MUR style upper but don't really want to drop £700 on the John Wick kit.

I think I saw a full new upper for around 240 pounds in Sale on Eagle 6 around 2 weeks ago. For myself I checked, and it would be cheaper then buying all the parts that I planning on using. 

1 hour ago, Daanios said:

@LVOA-D Indeed it's a CQB upper. Just checked to be sure xD so the search can go on... 

Yup, looks like it's gonna be a bog stock tm upper as I refuse to pay £300 for a bog standard m4 upper reciever. 

I'm just also kind of opposed to the concept of paying for an upper reciever set half of which I don't actually want. I've dropped eagle6 a message to see if they'll just do a built up upper without the front end.

Can't decide on a scope/RDS/Holo for my MWS.

I have got an ACOG which is nice but unfortunately the optics are set for 100m so anything closer is a little blurry. Plus my eyes aren't what they used to be so the fibre optic crosshair is a little fuzzy. Put reading specs on and it's sharp as a razor but no way am I looking like a grandpa playing a game with them on...lol :lol:

Any recommendations, it's a fairly stock looking M4A1 with a Hera CQR stock.

Looking for either a sweet adjustable ACOG or maybe something I haven't considered.... jusy nothing silly money though. 👍

3 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Can't decide on a scope/RDS/Holo for my MWS.

I have got an ACOG which is nice but unfortunately the optics are set for 100m so anything closer is a little blurry. Plus my eyes aren't what they used to be so the fibre optic crosshair is a little fuzzy. Put reading specs on and it's sharp as a razor but no way am I looking like a grandpa playing a game with them on...lol :lol:

Any recommendations, it's a fairly stock looking M4A1 with a Hera CQR stock.

Looking for either a sweet adjustable ACOG or maybe something I haven't considered.... jusy nothing silly money though. 👍

I know someone selling a beautiful Sig Sauer Whiskey 5 scope @sonofsammo