THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

I wouldn't advise using a 6.00

You need to keep a minimum 0.08 mm clearance between the barrel and BB.

Barrel diameter 6.03

- BB diameter 5.95

= clearance 0.08

Otherwise you have a much greater chance of the BB touching the barrel interfering with its spin, and much more chance of dirt blocking / damaging the barrel / BB

Dropped a message concerning the magazines.

I can't wait for my M4A1 to arrive, I just wish I could find all the parts I'm searching for. Some are proving quite elusive.

I tried a different bucking combo last weekend. All I can say is the madbull red with the stock barrel is terrible. Went back to TNT TR and the maple leaf and it was much more consistent. Albeit with a rushed rebuild and not 100% perfectly aligned.

Ive decided to buy a modify tan bucking. And emailed SixG to buy their super nub. I wanna give this popular combo a try. 

So what inner barrels are people using with said bucking and nub? Stock, Prommy or other?

Bucking is advertised to be 60-65 degree hardness. Hope it can lift a .28 in the cooler weather currently.

Failing that ill use the Super nub with the TNT and see how that fairs.

Stock TM or Prommy barrel work great for accuracy, the latter more so.

If you are looking for high (DMR) FPS then get a longer barrel otherwise 250-350 is most accurate.

A TNT style bucking will not work with a SixG Super Nub, you'd essentially have to concaves.

Start out with a healthy/new TM bucking & Super Nub combo as a baseline for performance.

This will overhop 0.36 in the cold no problem.

As Dave said, the SixG nub isn’t ideal for long contact patch, concave buckings. It works, but you’re not going to get the benefit of the bucking. A standard bucking or a modify tan uses a normal mound style hop, so it’s idea with the SixG nub. I’ve used that in a previous DMR setup and was able to hop .40’s no issues. 

If you want to use long contact patch buckings like the TNT I’d advise a barrel with a longer window as the mound can hit the front of the barrel window. I’d also suggest opening up the chamber where the nub sits and running a longer nub.

9 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

I tried a different bucking combo last weekend. All I can say is the madbull red with the stock barrel is terrible. Went back to TNT TR and the maple leaf and it was much more consistent. Albeit with a rushed rebuild and not 100% perfectly aligned.

Ive decided to buy a modify tan bucking. And emailed SixG to buy their super nub. I wanna give this popular combo a try. 

So what inner barrels are people using with said bucking and nub? Stock, Prommy or other?

Bucking is advertised to be 60-65 degree hardness. Hope it can lift a .28 in the cooler weather currently.

Failing that ill use the Super nub with the TNT and see how that fairs.

I am waiting for the arrival of my SixG and the Tan Bucking AND the ORGA LEX05 410mm 6.05 inner barrel, to see what can i get on the MTR16 by mirroring the build from the friendly @Wo1f who was kindly enough to share us his DMR build being able to hop .40's at 70-80 meters.

Once i get all the parts i will post a full review with my findings

2 hours ago, Kayzeroth said:

I am waiting for the arrival of my SixG and the Tan Bucking AND the ORGA LEX05 410mm 6.05 inner barrel, to see what can i get on the MTR16 by mirroring the build from the friendly @Wo1f who was kindly enough to share us his DMR build being able to hop .40's at 70-80 meters.

Once i get all the parts i will post a full review with my findings

Looking forward to do the same but the hunt for parts is proving difficult here in Portugal.

Starting to look to shops outside Portugal but no one has all the parts I need so that they can come in just one go :(.

Still need to do some more research and see shops I still haven't looked at yet...

Does anybody know, if the charging handle could be replaced with a realsteel charging handle, without any modifications?

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure you can’t use a RS charging handle in the MWS

1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure you can’t use a RS charging handle in the MWS

Then I have to look for a tm compatible version with a extended handle. I'm not even sure that they exist... 

Well congrats guys you've converted another. I already have a GBBR. It's a very nice very rare G&P WOC SR-15 in beautiful condition with 7 50 round mags and now all I can think about is how many mags I'd get with an MWS if I sold them all... You bastards

Just thought I'd throw a feeler out. Are any of you find upstanding gentlemen with MWS' looking to part with the KAC RIS which it comes with? If so please can you give me a heads up what you'd be looking for.

I've ordered my M4A1 and I can't wait for it to arrive. I was originally hesitant to enter the world of GBBR's for a variety of reasons but since ordering I've really been bit by the bug when it comes to researching and tracking down parts for a project. I've already got it fixed in my head what I'm doing with it and can't wait to get it into the field.

15 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

I've already got it fixed in my head what I'm doing with it and can't wait to get it into the field.

I'm the same. I've not even ordered one yet and I already know I want to build 2 alternative uppers for different roles

19 hours ago, _FIL_ said:

Looking forward to do the same but the hunt for parts is proving difficult here in Portugal.

Starting to look to shops outside Portugal but no one has all the parts I need so that they can come in just one go :(.

Still need to do some more research and see shops I still haven't looked at yet...

you may look for parts on Powair6 ,  JKArmy, and Rainbow8 webpages. i am from PANAMA city, PANAMA, (Latina America, Where the Panama Canal is, just in case) is a very small country with less tan 5 Million people.

anyway the point is that i get the parts either from Europe or Asia, shipped to United States to a P.O Box of a Freight Company that delivers to my country,  you may need just to look, there is always an option, pretty sure over there too, and even easier i believe!

Hey folks, slight change of topic. Anyone found a surefire way to get silent filling? My valves didn't come with o-rings, and Nineball fill valves don't seem to help much (they seem to sit too low leaving a few mm of thread exposed).

Is it just a case of buying a pack of o-rings and sticking them on the stock valves?