THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

I have (mostly) finished my mk18 build. I’m going to be looking at other torch options, mainly because I’m not happy with the one I have and I’ve also seem to have misplaced the pressure pad! 

The information in this thread has been really great, just a quick thanks to everyone!

The main upgrades are: 

Laylax 6.03 250mm inner barrel 

Modify hop rubber 

Laylax hop arm (will pick up a super nub in the future). 

Mad bull mk18 rail

a low profile gas block and spacer (both of which I can’t recall what they are exactly)

Magpul stock, AFG and grip

Raptor style charging handle 

Vortex crossfire red dot with back up irons 

There was a few issues with fitting the rail that took about 30 minutes to resolve. I’ll add my mistakes here:

- The coupling that has all the screw holes does not have a continuous gas tube hole. So you either have to drill a hole, or cut the gas tube down. I would really recommend against drilling the hole, as there is an internal step down that leaves no room for error and you may end up splitting the coupling. I started drilling and then stopped once I realised it wasn’t an easy exercise with the tools I had.

- The barrel nut has to be tightened a fair bit to stop the rail from twisting very slightly once it’s on. I also added card shims either side of the tabs of the coupling. The tabs slot against the receiver and the shims gave it a tighter fit. For now, it’s very sturdy and in line. 

I quite like like the black finish on the rail, but this is preference.

While it performs great, i have to say there isn’t hardly any difference from the stock barrel. Although I’ve only done some basic testing. The accuracy of the stock rifle (and barrel) is quite decent. Also, by adding the 6.03 barrel the fps stayed the same (around 295 on 0.25s). 

I’ll  keep the laylax hop arm for now, but will likely get a nub in the future. I know a lot in this thread use heavier bb’s and reach really long ranges, but for now I only stick to CQB and urban sites. I’m quite new to airsoft so that may change few months down the line. I’ll probably end up playing around with it more! 

Oh and I should also add she hasn’t been skirmish tested yet, but that’s coming up in three weeks. I only have a total of 3 mags though! 

B53F3EDD-6A59-4093-9A4C-F9857169CF13.jpeg

Looks great! I noticed the same thing with the mk18 rail, that it has the potential to rotate slightly because the tabs are about 2-3mm wider than the receiver. 

You tend not to notice any real improvement unless you use heavy BB’s. For CQB though, .28’s are more than enough for the short ranges and lack of wind 

13 minutes ago, Johnny C-07 said:

Pretty sure you got a VFC mate.

I've a VFC myself and it look exactly the same color. I also got a madbull and this one is definitely not a madbull because off the color ;)

Nice one. Makes sense as there’s no proper trades on it. It just sits in my parts bin as I’ve never been one for mk18’s😂

40 minutes ago, Shifty1303 said:

Wanna sell it? ;) would go lovely on my mk18 haha

Sure. Make me an offer

Screenshot_20190406-134700_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5756f33f2a86d6effceed5823479fbe3.jpg

Funny, one moment you think you might sell a gun, then you manage to get hold of the right suppressor for it and that changes... time for some scope rings, an optic and a paint job! 

After that I'm going to swear a lot while I try and remove the rail, so that I can install a brass nub, and a longer inner barrel. I'm pretty sure it goes less than half way up the entire length of the gun from hop to the end of the suppressor.

Getting Ready for DMR build on MTR16, just ordered the SixG Nub from Dave, also ordered the ORGA LEX05 410mm barrel, but  i have a question...

what Rubber should i go with? i have read and i think the Modify Tan is the go, i just want to confirm if is the best option

what you guys think?

will be posting photos of the Vanilla, and the advance of the build including externals!!

Modify Tan works great with the nub, essentially youre looking for a simple patch contact shape (TM / Modify) that gives the best nozzle seal, the stock TM is great, the Modify seals a little better, so gives better shot consistency.

The modify tan is a great bucking and a good choice for the orga and SixG nub. Seems like the orga barrel window doesn’t like long contact patches like the TNT or maple leaf. 

Hey guys any question....

somebody install spring recoil more hard ??? . I had installed buffer hard recoil angry gun and now I feel that bolt release is more slow ....

Took my MWS in its HPA drum mag glory for the first time on Sunday - it's a beast and I beast I like very much.
BUT I loathe and detest the stock handguard. I find it really uncomfortable - so it's gone!
It's a shame the tan doesn't match - but that's what happens when America meets Germany..
I'm gonna just run a single point sling, so I don't have to sully the handguard.
IMG_20190409_113743384_HDR.thumb.jpg.f93b2aacc3e1d8eb60ce1ead332c0741.jpgThe fit is utterly solid and no PTS ring needed. I absolutely love it to bits.

1 minute ago, sonofsammo said:

Took my MWS in its HPA drum mag glory for the first time on Sunday - it's a beast and I beast I like very much.
BUT I loathe and detest the stock handguard. I find it really uncomfortable - so it's gone!
It's a shame the tan doesn't match - but that's what happens when America meets Germany..
I'm gonna just run a single point sling, so I don't have to sully the handguard.
IMG_20190409_113743384_HDR.thumb.jpg.f93b2aacc3e1d8eb60ce1ead332c0741.jpgThe fit is utterly solid and no PTS ring needed. I absolutely love it to bits.

I absolutely f’king love this build, awesome matey👍🏻

Greetings all the way from Portugal.

Sorry if the english is not that good but as you can probably guess I´m Portuguese.

You guys deserve a standing ovation for the truly awesome work and amount of information this thread has and for that I salute and cheer you guys.

Got myself an MTR16 last week and only done a game so far with it, but already thinking about upgrading it internally.

Having said that I read all posts and almost made up my mind regarding the upgrades I want and only have a doubt on the inner barrel.

So far I am thinking on getting this:

modify Tan bucking
    sixg super nub
    NPAS valve
    tightbore inner barrel
        ORGA 6.05mm 410mm
        or Prometheus EG 6.03/6.00 370mm

I am limited to a maximum of 1.3J so I have to be careful with Joule creep and power output, that's why I think the NPAS is a good choice for me.

After reading the thread, I now plan to use heavier bb´s as well, starting from 0.25g(which are the ones I currently have around) up to 0.36/0.4(depending on the power output as said above) thus the nub and bucking.
The inner barrel is the real head ache here, don't really know which one to take and would appreciate any help you guys could give me.

I prioritize range over accuracy but if possible  a good amount of both is always welcome, let me know if there can be any changes to the list to get the best out of it.
Thanks.

And you deserve a standing ovation for your English (cos my Portuguese is non existent) and for actually reading the thread!

The 6.03 or 6.05 will both serve you well, the FPS variation over 40mm of barrel is negligible.

That said are you limited to 1.3J on 0.2g?

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

And you deserve a standing ovation for your English (cos my Portuguese is non existent) and for actually reading the thread!

The 6.03 or 6.05 will both serve you well, the FPS variation over 40mm of barrel is negligible.

That said are you limited to 1.3J on 0.2g?

Thank you sir :)
Limit to 1.3J on any bb weight actually...That´s why I have to be very careful with the joule creep.

So you don't recommend the 6.00mm?