THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

8 hours ago, Jimmeh said:

I’ve never heard of either being a premium barrel maker. 

I have an un-used Prometheus barrel that would be perfect if you’re interested? 

sound interesting, what is the lenght? bore? price?

13 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

You're not supposed to encourage me when I've just been paid. I have adulty things I need to spend it on. Out of interest has anyone had multiple uppers? It's far more practical on a GBBR than AEG

I am aiming to, I currently am in the process of building at 10" L119A2 and then will probably build a second 16" for some long range action 😁

I considered multiple uppers but ended up with multiple rifles instead 😂. It is easy to have multiple uppers on a gbbr because the lower is essentially untouched. You may need to mod the selector so it’s semi only or have multiple. 

17 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I considered multiple uppers but ended up with multiple rifles instead 😂. It is easy to have multiple uppers on a gbbr because the lower is essentially untouched. You may need to mod the selector so it’s semi only or have multiple. 

Yeah that was the plan. It's a gas gun so I'm not exactly going to be dumping mags anyways 

Fit my PTS Centurion arms rail today. I was scared it wouldn’t work but she fitted happily 😍

awaiting the the rest of my parts to come. Magpul stock, pistol grip and fore grip. 

Ive also returned to the stock barrel and bucking to see how that fairs . Might go down prommy purple, prommy barrel job. Keep it simple 

139995A9-501A-4D79-98E8-288D691FE36A.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

CASV old skool cool, L119 yawn :D

You’ve just saved me some money I don’t have 😂

Ladies and gentlemen, the one and only, MWS! Finally she came. Somehow all the stuff came within one week. I took modify tan bucking and SG nub (Many thanks to Dave as he was super fast in communication and delivering the product!). Only four extra mags so far but two more will come shortly.

As for the barrel at last I decided to take 410mm 6.01 crazy jet. It is the longest one they had at local store.  It would stick out of the flashider so I will have to hide it into the silencer. However I want to build a DMR so I am seriously thinking about getting even longer one...like 500mm plus prommy.

Once I get a chrono I will let you know about stock vs. upgraded fps and accuracy.

BA52C0B3-7712-4045-9F45-51646A7F677F.jpeg

Oh and I almost forgot. I bought her some food and that would be .49g novritsch BBs. I have never had anything that heavy so I am curious how it will perform.

So I thought that I would add an update on how my L119A2 build was going. It's about 90% there, it just has a few finishing touches that I need to add. but the basic rifle is great to use and accurate to silly ranges with the .36 BB's. 😁

IMG_20190403_000100.jpg

Out of interest, does any ones nozzle return spring twang? Mines obviously seen a few game days and some red gas on the cold days. Its started to do the old springy twang noise. Normal or is it about to let go?

Can’t say I’ve noticed any of mine doing it. Might be worth stripping the nozzle down. Sometimes you can save them if they’re just starting to kink a bit. 

Hi all. Thoroughly enjoyed reading every page of this thread and now I'm convinced I need an mws too haha. I would like to build mine in to a DD mk18 type using this furniture:

https://www.brownells.co.uk/AR-15-FURNITURE-SET-COLLAPSIBLE-POLYMER-Furniture-Set-Collapsible-Brown-DANIEL-DEFENSE-Mil-Spec-Collapsible-3-Piece-Set-100017089

I was wondering which mk18 rail will best match this colour wise as I know the madbull ones are a bit of a dodgy bronze. Would I be looking to try and track down a vfc rail ideally? 

If this is going to be a near impossible task I might go for an l119a2 build instead and rep the nationality :) if I were to go this route I'd have to have an Acog repro. Are there any decent ones durable enough for a gbb I don't know about that don't cost rs prices?

Cheers! 

Yeh the Madbull ones are a browny colour, but odd.

If you do go ACOG I can recommend an unbelievably good quality one i found, will have to check what and where it came from.

41 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Yeh the Madbull ones are a browny colour, but odd.

If you do go ACOG I can recommend an unbelievably good quality one i found, will have to check what and where it came from.

That would be helpful thanks mate :)

This one I’ve got is supposed to be madbull. Does look brown 

29EC868C-7FD3-46DF-A57B-DCB6D570025D.jpeg

Not sure, but it doesn’t look quite as black irl. It came on an mws I bought. They said it was a madbull. I know it’s not a Nuprol one because I have a black one of those and the rail markings ar different.