THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

@MikeL you do need a barrel adapter to fit an aftermarket rail. I had to order one from Asia. As 99% of stores are out of stock here in the UK. I’m now sitting on it trying to decide what rail I wanna run.

So update on my hop set up. Been running a 300mm crazy jet. Which I’m now going to polish up. TNT TR 50 degree and element H nub. These are plastic. And would work far better than the stock nub. As they are solid. And are cheaper than the brass SIGX one several here are using. Problem is the TNT is a R hop style bucking. And would benefit a larger contact nub. 

I had a chopped down prommy bridge nub. Some gentle sanding with a needle file. And she fits. A little snug but still will release the tension when the hop is wound down.

The element H nubs still worked great. But now I should get full potential out of the bucking.

D6EC4B16-9122-4C8C-81DA-88204F0F87A3.jpeg

F6EF07D7-DB4C-4E59-9985-7CC776AE9F17.jpeg

EBA87082-9A07-402A-AB3A-655A88E1234A.jpeg

6 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

So update on my hop set up. Been running a 300mm crazy jet. Which I’m now going to polish up. TNT TR 50 degree and element H nub. These are plastic. And would work far better than the stock nub. As they are solid. And are cheaper than the brass SIGX one several here are using. Problem is the TNT is a R hop style bucking. And would benefit a larger contact nub. 

I had a chopped down prommy bridge nub. Some gentle sanding with a needle file. And she fits. A little snug but still will release the tension when the hop is wound down.

I did something similar, except I filed down a bit more to create a very long window, coupled it with a Maple Leaf Autobot and a Panthera VSR nub (which are stupidly long, probably about another 2mm longer than an I-Key).

I was then overhopping .48s massively, even with 'no hop applied'.

So I sanded down the arm too to take the little prongs off it and I'm now getting Guarder .3s flying in a nice straight path for a very respectable range. Not sure on max range yet as the site I played at today was urban, but I'm comfortably making 50m kills so I can at least vouch for the accuracy and consistency of the setup. When I'm next outdoor, I'll try and bag a rangefinder and stick my scope on it so I can do a proper science for those looking to experiment.

so I have my first skirmish with the mws coming this Saturday which I'm looking forward to. however I need to get some new ammo before then, normally I would just get some 0.32 geoffs super precision but I can only find 0.3 or 0.36 in the UK at the moment.

so the question is what weight of BB do you use for a 1.1J build?

cheers

Remember you’ll get joule creep with heavier BB’s. I run .36’s, but I’d start with .30’s and see how you get on and what it chrono’s at 

cheers, that's very true, I probably should have mentioned that I have npas fitted along with a brass nub, and I will be adjusting against joule creep too (the site I play at only measure in joules not FPS)

Hey guys ... My last update to better upgrade to Hop up MWS...

Now installed MODIFY tan rubber with Special nub type SixGbrass . The range i think that is very good . 63-65m with 0.30 to 285-290FPS/1.14-1.15J  . 

Has anyone managed to improve those results ?

PD: I can say that regarding the MAPLELEAF autobot I have something less in range but MODIFY gives better precision

I ran with some 0.32 at the weekend and they flew straight and true.

Actually sniped a bloke in a tower from about 60m to my surprise.

It was a cool and extremely windy day. The trees were raining branches down.

Fun stuff... Can't wait for some warmer windless days!

6 minutes ago, marine said:

Hey guys ... My last update to better upgrade to Hop up MWS...

Now installed MODIFY tan rubber with Special nub type SixGbrass . The range i think that is very good . 63-65m with 0.30 to 285-290FPS/1.14-1.15J  . 

Has anyone managed to improve those results ?

PD: I can say that regarding the MAPLELEAF autobot I have something less in range but MODIFY gives better precision

Sounds on par with my experience at the weekend :)

Same nub and bucking.

Because of how airsoft guns work, you can get more range by doing 2 things. Increase bb weight and hop accordingly (this works to a point. Too heavy and you won’t be able to impart enough energy to to BB, and heavier BB’s can increase joules) or increase the power, which is probably not possible if you’re at your FPS limit. 

33 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Because of how airsoft guns work, you can get more range by doing 2 things. Increase bb weight and hop accordingly (this works to a point. Too heavy and you won’t be able to impart enough energy to to BB, and heavier BB’s can increase joules) or increase the power, which is probably not possible if you’re at your FPS limit

I do not agree ... that is the basis but not all configurations work the same.

I tested for example MAPLE LEAF with nub laylax of OMEGA type and got 55m and then with another nub, OMEGA of MAPLELEAF and got + 65m but as I say with worse precision than the configuration that I currently carry.

Accuracy yes, but range is surely all hop pressure. If you’ve got a .32 flying straight and you increase the hop, you then don’t have a straight flight path, so you increase the weight of the BB to compensate. The only time I can see the range being effected is if you’re applying enough hop to almost jam the BB and reduce the FPS/power, which I’ve done before. That’s why R hops work so well. Large contact area but minimal intrusion into the barrel 

7 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Accuracy yes, but range is surely all hop pressure. If you’ve got a .32 flying straight and you increase the hop, you then don’t have a straight flight path, so you increase the weight of the BB to compensate. The only time I can see the range being effected is if you’re applying enough hop to almost jam the BB and reduce the FPS/power, which I’ve done before. That’s why R hops work so well. Large contact area but minimal intrusion into the barrel 

Cooooooorrect !!.

Next question .. Have you tried Rhop in MWS?

Yes a custom machined, R hopped barrel currently in my mk12 for initial testing. Id have posted results but there’s been gale force winds and none stop rain for the past 3 weeks. What I can tell you is it shoots further than my Kingdom of airsoft Real sword svd which has 30 more FPS

1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

Yes a custom machined, R hopped barrel currently in my mk12 for initial testing. Id have posted results but there’s been gale force winds and none stop rain for the past 3 weeks. 

Ook , then we must wait .. hehe.

3 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Yes a custom machined, R hopped barrel currently in my mk12 for initial testing. Id have posted results but there’s been gale force winds and none stop rain for the past 3 weeks. What I can tell you is it shoots further than my Kingdom of airsoft Real sword svd which has 30 more FPS

I'd be interested to see if you see any real gains here, because my ultimate plan is to go down this road, but I'd like to see how it compares to my Maple Leaf and Panthera setup and if the fuss of R-hopping is worth the performance increase.

As per the above, when the weather stops being a massive diva, I'll get some range and accuracy tests for science and we can compare notes.

What are your specs? And FPS? I’m running 400 FPS on a .20 no idea on joules because I’ve not settled on a BB weight yet. I’ve tested it with .45’s and it will happily send them into orbit😂. Technically it’s an ER hop as the window has been enlarged.

i had great success with the maple leaf, but the tip of the contact area seemed to get damaged after very little use. I figured it was cutting into the tip of the barrel window. I run them in WE GBBR’s though.  

1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

What are your specs? And FPS? I’m running 400 FPS on a .20 no idea on joules because I’ve not settled on a BB weight yet. I’ve tested it with .45’s and it will happily send them into orbit😂. Technically it’s an ER hop as the window has been enlarged.

i had great success with the maple leaf, but the tip of the contact area seemed to get damaged after very little use. I figured it was cutting into the tip of the barrel window. I run them in WE GBBR’s though.  

Haha, I had the same problem 'til I filed off the teeth of the stock hop arm.

Currently, hitting about 310 on a .2, but like you, not settled on an 'ideal weight' yet. I ran .28s at a game on Sunday and had to dial the hop almost completely off, but I was comfortably hitting targets at about 50m so the accuracy was there. Unfortunately, it was an urban site with very few longer range areas, so I can't get an idea of maximum/effective range. Current hop unit is the stock one which has been modified so the hop arm has no 'teeth' and with the hop window enlarged to accept the Panthera VSR nub, which is like an oversized Omega nub/I-Key, I'm currently running this with a Maple Leaf Autobot 60o and the stock TM barrel, but also like you, I'm seeing damage to the Autobot bucking after one game. Gonna try a Maple Leaf 70o Diamond Monster hop bucking and see if it survives any better. I'll try and post up some pics when I'm not working.

I’ve got a one off hop arm in mine. It runs fine on lighter ammo, just saying it has the ability to lift any BB. 

My Casv Mws is 310fps on a .20. I run that on .32-.36

have you tried the TNT TR bucking? Very similar to the maple leaf but squared like an R hop instead of pointed. What I think is happening in terms of the damaged maple leaf is it applies more pressure to the tip of the mound than the back  because of where the end of the arm is. I tried using the wonder bucking which doesn’t have the tab as I initially thought it might be pushing the bucking forward onto the barrel lip, but that didn’t seem to fix it either so I abandoned it for the modify tan. For the FPS and the lift required for sub .36 bb’s there’s little if any gain to be had from a maple leaf. Particularly when it’s not completely drop in. 

11 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

have you tried the TNT TR bucking? Very similar to the maple leaf but squared like an R hop instead of pointed.

Can't say I have. I'll pick one up and try that too. No harm in trying it as they're a reasonable price for a pack of 2. Good shout.

I tried the Modify Tan and while the results were good, they weren't as good as the Maple Leaf setup I've got currently. But then again, at the rate I'm burning through this bucking, I'll be buying a new one every other game, so the rapidly decreasing weight of my wallet would eventually force me to shift to something else anyway.

4 minutes ago, Cipher-032 said:

I’d whole heartily reccomend the TNT TR bucking. Run them in My KC02, HK45 and the MWS and with brilliant results

I bought one to try but haven't fielded it yet. It doesn't seem to sit right on the stock TM barrel. It sits perfectly on a crazy jet, but when I assemble the hop chamber and check hop amount, it looks like the patch is uneven. Which barrel / nub / chamber set up did you use it in your MWS?

1 minute ago, Jimmeh said:

I bought one to try but haven't fielded it yet. It doesn't seem to sit right on the stock TM barrel. It sits perfectly on a crazy jet, but when I assemble the hop chamber and check hop amount, it looks like the patch is uneven. Have you tried one in an MWS?

Yes. That’s because the MWS stock barrel has different shape. 

You need to run a h nub, like so

That way you get a nice concave patch. I’m trying a trimmed down Laylax nub now for more contact area

9C9BE28A-270C-4A87-9F3E-8DF430801EF2.jpeg

F9D76E85-A4F3-471B-B08B-5E040BDC40A2.jpeg

01BAFE41-8FC7-40E7-8A5F-349B6FE4E295.jpeg

Just now, Cipher-032 said:

Yes. That’s because the MWS stock barrel has different shape. 

You need to run a h nub, like so

That way you get a nice concave patch. I’m trying a trimmed down Laylax nub now for more contact area

9C9BE28A-270C-4A87-9F3E-8DF430801EF2.jpeg

F9D76E85-A4F3-471B-B08B-5E040BDC40A2.jpeg

01BAFE41-8FC7-40E7-8A5F-349B6FE4E295.jpeg

I have the SixG nub, as well as the Maple Leaf Omega nub. I was trying it with the omega, for the extra contact, and that's the setup that it seemed pissed with. Cant work out why either!

3 minutes ago, Jimmeh said:

I have the SixG nub, as well as the Maple Leaf Omega nub. I was trying it with the omega, for the extra contact, and that's the setup that it seemed pissed with. Cant work out why either!

Refit and keep checking before you put it back together. Make sure you pair the TNT with the crazy jet barrel

Is the Crazy Jet for MWS a specific model, or is it just the 'Crazy Jet for GBB' that's required? I got the impression the MWS barrels weren't quite VSR/GBB spec.

4 hours ago, [Rogues]Loki said:

Is the Crazy Jet for MWS a specific model, or is it just the 'Crazy Jet for GBB' that's required? I got the impression the MWS barrels weren't quite VSR/GBB spec.

Mines just a 300mm GBB/VSR CJ barrel I had spare when I tried it in my Striker AS01

I think Tokyo Marui cut their stock barrels differently. So after market buckings dont work with their stock barrels. I tried to put a TNT bucking on a stock TM HK45 barrel and wouldnt fit at all. 

This is most likely due to a stock barrel, being designed to with with a bucking with a standard contact patch, not one like Maple leaf, or TNT.