THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

@damster117 : I emailed Dave about his nub over a week ago and have had no reply.

Anyone got a suggestion as to where I can buy a lightweight bolt carrier that isn't blue, red or bloody gold, please?

23 minutes ago, camden said:

@damster117 : I emailed Dave about his nub over a week ago and have had no reply.

Anyone got a suggestion as to where I can buy a lightweight bolt carrier that isn't blue, red or bloody gold, please?

Rainbow8 have the Black DP one in stock. 

@Jimmeh   Thanks for the suggestion. Have you got one as I have not had any reviews on this specific bolt carrier?

Thanks @Jimmeh , that is good enough for me!

@Johnny C-07

Thanks for caring, bro. I tried the same email again and got a positive response from Dave!

Nub has been ordered :)

3 hours ago, ThatNordicGuy said:

I have had a good day...

What you need is a very cool HERA CQR stock for that MTR 😈

0C32321E-A8C0-4047-8FE9-55D9D405A879.thumb.jpeg.f6679c312a95792575d11288780edf1f.jpeg

Just now, Jimmeh said:

I think there are special clubs for people with weird tastes like you....

What can I say..........🙈🤷🏼‍♂️🙈

• Supporters

My Recent TM MWS skirmishing experience yesterday on 03-03-19 at The Plantation Airsoft, Billericay, Essex.

I must say that often when i take guns out for their first outing i'm always a bit apprehensive of how they will perform because whilst i can tech and chrono at home, i have no way to test range and accuracy. My GHK M4 Mod1 and Ares WA2000 are recent prime examples of this when on their first outing they really failed to impress me with their range despite the amount of money i had sank into hop up and barrel upgrades hoping that they would hit the mark.

So recently as some of you may know i got hold of this TM MWS second hand, it had already had some some changes (i put the gold on it, it was stock when i got it), i didn't like the 7" RIS rail (too short), didn't like the fact that the inner barrel extended through the flash hider and whilst the pistol grip and stock were Magpul inspired, they weren't REAL Magpul (PTS i think).

BEFORE

20190209_145734.thumb.jpg.ec8997dafd3bbd5d9229ac410d4b8012.jpg

SO i put a barrel extender on it to lengthen the outer barrel by 2 inches so that the flash hider would clear the inner barrel, but this necessitated a 9inch RIS rail which i bought from Wolf Armouries, i went to my GHK M4 Mod 1 and removed the Vortex Optics StrikeFire Red dot sight, the real steel Magpul pistol grip and Magpul MOE stock and put it on the MWS. Had a small issue with the BCG not locking back (see pages 31 to 33 of this thread) but between me and Nathan the Tech at Airsoft Zone we deduced that it must be the BCG and magazine springs, he also kindly installed a lightweight bolt catch in my MWS which i brought into the shop with me. Stretching the magazine springs out solved the issue.

AFTER

20190304_225851.thumb.jpg.ba0a2f523e7897279f465e12586344b6.jpg

Now she was battle ready or so i hoped as i had not tested the accuracy or range of my TM MWS, i was hoping that it would be like how my TM M92FS wow'd me the first time i used it where the BB seem to travel for miles out ranging even AEGs.

First skirmish day at The Plantation Airsoft, Billericay. (MUDDY AF due to recent rain)

I'm apprehensive to say the least, i have brought the MWS but also my trusty SAI M4 HPA gun as i know that one works. Mags are loaded and gassed.

Take the MWS to the range, hop is set to completely off, using .25g BBs and fired the first shot.

OMG! BB flew decently far, with hop off? Adjusted the hop, a little of backward and forwarding and i got it just right. BBs flew for miles straight, i was IMPRESSED!
I played the first half of the day with the TM and loved it, more so than when i used the GHK M4 MOD1. I knew i could pull the trigger and the MWS would reliably work whereas the GHK was pull the trigger and please work?!

My only complaint is that i had to adjust my game style, no more burst autoing every where or i would have no more ammo, i had to go back to the safe zone twice in two staggered games to re gas and reload but i was much happier using the TM MWS.

It did make me wonder, why did i buy the GHK, when i wanted a GBBR the TM MWS was on my potentials list but i dismissed it since it would mean that if i wanted to install a keymod rail, i would have to buy a rail, a barrel spacer, get rid of that triangle sight etc etc. But i still would have saved money if i didn't buy the GHK, i am now strongly considering selling the GHK as its surplus to needs.

To the future, i'm probably going to leave the MWS like this because "IT WORKS". I know there's this magical brass nub thingy but I don't want to fiddle removing the hop and stuff otherwise the TM hop fairy dust might be blown away.

I might just buy some more Magpuls for the mags and possibly get a Gold BCG but that's it really.

2 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I don’t understand, is that from a film?

i really hope that your comment was sincere.. You're one of the lucky ones that hasn't seen the fucking awful film.

3 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

i really hope that your comment was sincere.. You're one of the lucky ones that hasn't seen the fucking awful film.

Yup, no idea at all what that’s about, sorry

7 minutes ago, Shizbazki said:

Loads of true stuff about the MWS

What you need, sir, is a drum mag 😊

@Shizbazki Success! I've owned 3 GHK m4's (One of which i built from a forged receiver) and while they're nice, they just don't perform like the MWS does. If you're only gonna be using .28's or less, there's no real need to touch it internally. The nub makes a massive difference when using heavier BB's, which the standard one can't lift. I run my CASV mws (310fps) on .32-36 and my mk12 mws (400fps) on .36-.45's

Just incase any of you lot are interested; the Warmag speed loaders for the MWS are back in stock here:

https://www.softairgames.net/en/bb-loader/16437-hurricane-speed-loader-for-series-marui-mws-gbb-warmag-wm-hurricane-9.html?search_query=hurricane&results=17

I've just ordered one.