THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Searching about, this is the only Laylax (Prometheus) inner barrel I can find for the MWS.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/laylax-rairakusu-m4a1-mws-603mm-custom-inner-barrell-250mm

Action army do VSR barrels in 6.03 but im not 100% on their quality. 

13 minutes ago, Cipher-032 said:

Searching about, this is the only Laylax (Prometheus) inner barrel I can find for the MWS.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/laylax-rairakusu-m4a1-mws-603mm-custom-inner-barrell-250mm

Action army do VSR barrels in 6.03 but im not 100% on their quality. 

Is that the length you want? Pretty sure I have abrand new unused, Promy  6.03, but it’s 370mm lol

5 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Is that the length you want? Pretty sure I have abrand new unused, Promy  6.03, but it’s 370mm lol

I run red gas currently as its a bit chilly in the mornings. So im a bit worried it will raise the FPS over the limit if I run a longer tightbore. My FPS dropped with the 300mm Crazy jet.

If I remember rightly, stock barrel is 250mm too

21 minutes ago, Cipher-032 said:

I run red gas currently as its a bit chilly in the mornings. So im a bit worried it will raise the FPS over the limit if I run a longer tightbore. My FPS dropped with the 300mm Crazy jet.

If I remember rightly, stock barrel is 250mm too

Yep, stock is 250 on all MWS variants. Drop me a PM if it will fit and you want to try it, no obligation👍🏻

Very nice setup! And your English is better than most English people here 😂.

You should like the nub. If you only change a single thing on the gun, I’d argue the nub is the best £:performance upgrade (assuming you utilise heavy ammo)

Hello gents.

What is the latest lightweight bolt to get? Is it still the UAC as per Badabing's video 2 years ago or is there better/cheaper/sexier out there?

I played the M4 for the first time doing CQB this Sunday and it behaved well. However, both fps and snappiness were a little down on my tests at home, despite me using Nuprol Red (3.0 I think it is). So tightbore barrel is defo on the cards and I will buy the brass nub once I get a reply to my email (sent a week ago, nothing yet, must be patient :). My setup (apart from green gas mod on the mags) is currently standard. Visually, I immediately put a Magpul stock on, removed the silly 'stick' from up front and added an AFG (more British than the 'stick''. Awaiting HAO to bring out their L119A2 kit, yummy!

But I want a bit more snap in winter, so the bolt may be the way to go. Tan hopup has arrived but won't be installed until I can get a brass nub.

Also, the site did not allow any BBs above 0.25 weight, so my carefully setup hop and sight was a little out as I had to use .25s. I had set it up on Geoff's 0.3s. might have to carry on using .25s in the future for CQB (as opposed to woodland)

Your advice is appreciated as per usual.

Cheers!

I’ve never used a lightweight bcg, but it should help. I’m sure @Davegolf used a modified one in his with great success. 

I would pick up a bottle of guarder powerup gas. I bought some on a whim and it’s great stuff. A little more FPS and the snap came back in the winter months. 

HAO are making a kit for the MWS? I’ve not heard anything about this. I thought it was all PTW stuff. 

@camden I have used the UAC lightweight bolt, it definitely speeds up the cycle time, needs less gas power to cycle properly, and reduces recoil.

I had zero issues with it, however the reset roller is not very well supported, I machined a steel bush into it for the reset roller, I can do this again if you wanted.

Wo1f : I follow the following blog closely. The writer is in close contact with HAO and reports that they are working on a kit for the MWS. You can find a little article on it: https://thereptilehouseblog.com/ 

https://thereptilehouseblog.com/2018/03/14/a-major-7075-t6-receiver-set-manufacturer-is-moving-into-the-tokyo-marui-mws-market/

Very useful source of info, especially on UK SF and links to other blogs. Highly recommended reading if this is your bag (it is mine :)

I have tried the Guarder Powerup and rate it above the Red Nuprol. My own fault for buying the (much0 cheaper Nuprol 3.0, lesson learnt! Guarder gas kicks ass in my standard TM Glock 19.

Davegolf :thanks for confirming this. I will get one  as soon as I find a suppleir who does it in metal or black (unlike Fire-support, who are only selling the red one). I may well take you up on your kind offer. Bit of a shame that an upgrade part needs upgrading......

@camden I follow the reptile house, and yet I completely missed that. I am definitely looking forward to that. I have just bought my first mws, having had an aeg in L119a2 form. I am currently transfering some of the parts over and I'll take some photos once my order from Brownells comes in 😊

I seriously love the short A2 form, it is as close to perfect for cqb that a 10 inch rifle can get, but that's just my opinion. I might be a bit of a fan 😂

but I am definitely looking forward to seeing how that iur will turn out. 🙂

I wish they’d make a 416 kit as the other is stupidly priced.  Tempted by it though. Love the MUR uppers

2 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I wish they’d make a 416 kit as the other is stupidly priced.  Tempted by it though. Love the MUR uppers

Yes, I thought the upper looked good, I’d like one without a forward assist for my next MWS build lol

2 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Yes, I thought the upper looked good, I’d like one without a forward assist for my next MWS build lol

You could always just stop selling the ones you have 😂

Just now, Wo1f said:

You could always just stop selling the ones you have 😂

I build a gun, I (mostly) get bored with it, then sell it.

The only ones I haven’t are my Trigger’s Broom Vector and my SAI BLU

• Supporters

Does anyone have any issues with their bolt lock not locking??

I'm currently using green gas (ASG Ultrair) and it never seems to lock back though racking it back manually does lock it back.

I have tried unscrewing the buffer tube by one then two turns but no luck.

I did have a UAC bolt lock lever on it for a bit but i even change back to the stock one and the issue still persists.

Funny enough  i have found out that when the mag is near empty and only spluttering, the bolt lock seems to work fine???

Any fixes?

The mws is about the only gbbr I haven’t had a bolt lock issue with. 

If you’ve tried unscrewing the buffer to no avail, I’d consider removing and cleaning the ZET plate and the areas it makes contact with. It sounds like it’s not rising quick enough to catch the bolt when it’s rearward. 

If you have a heavier recoil buffer or spring, try that and see if it makes a difference. Should give you an indication that the ZET plate isn’t moving quick enough.