THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

I’ve got the T hop in my DMR Mws now because I had a spare laying around. I’d reccomend the new TR hop by them as it’s very similar but an improvement. I also fitted the srs tigra or prowler nub (can’t remember but I modded it to fit anyway).

Has any one had any issues with the exhaust valve (Knocker valve etc) leaking on their Marui mags? If mine are gassed up, and you hold them to ear you can hear them slowly popping away. Its not a massive leak. And the gas will stay in a long time. So its only just a tiny leak.

This has happened in both my Marui mags

4 minutes ago, Cipher-032 said:

Has any one had any issues with the exhaust valve (Knocker valve etc) leaking on their Marui mags? If mine are gassed up, and you hold them to ear you can hear them slowly popping away. Its not a massive leak. And the gas will stay in a long time. So its only just a tiny leak.

Nope. How do you store them, what gas do you use?

Stored with a burst of Nuprol 2. Was using Nuprol 3 on a cold day. There not brimmed to the top with gas. But saying that I have stored mags from Pistols and my KC02 full of gas and never had an issue

Never had an issue with any of mine. In fact the MWS mags are the only mags out of the million gas mags I’ve got that have never. The next time they’re empty, press it down and put a few drops of silicone oil around the lip of the valve. Fill it with gas and wait. Might hiss at first but it should seal and be good

What Wo1f said, I opt for a thicker silicon on valves. Solves it every time unless there's actual damage to the seals themselves or dirt compromising them. A drop or two then push the valve in and out a few times....

Hey folks, made an account on here so I could wade in on what seems to be the largest library of TM MWS knowledge on the 'net! I've read the whole thread thus far and must thank you all for talking about your experiences. To throw something into the mix that I haven't seen anywhere else before:

Has anyone tried the G&P Enhanced Nozzle valves? Or even know what they do? I notice they come in 4 flavours, ranging from '3.5' to '5.0', but no descriptions on their function. I assume they only raise/lower shot power by throttling/releasing the gas going down the barrel, but it's unclear if they serve any other function, and what these vague numerical values allude to. Any ideas?

image.png.e7c6a147ed77d5408c46561933d3b3b0.pngimage.png.8b124681811701771afeee6b76850d05.png

So from what I’ve managed to piece together, red will give higher FPS, green gives low. Each of them have 3 settings to dial it up or down. 

Earlier in this posted, someone listed his results with the red which were useful. 

I purchased a blue blue and green. The green is in my MTR on the lowest FPS setting and it’s managed to bring it under the equivalent of 350FPS on a 0.36g BB which even the NPAS struggled with! 

Edit: read from here: 

1 hour ago, Jimmeh said:

So from what I’ve managed to piece together, red will give higher FPS, green gives low. Each of them have 3 settings to dial it up or down. 

Earlier in this posted, someone listed his results with the red which were useful. 

I purchased a blue blue and green. The green is in my MTR on the lowest FPS setting and it’s managed to bring it under the equivalent of 350FPS on a 0.36g BB which even the NPAS struggled with! 

Edit: read from here: 

Wow, the one page on this thread I somehow managed to miss... Well did, me...

So does the green give lower fps than the stock TM nozzle? I want to drop the fps (from stock) a touch as I'm going to be swapping out barrel, hop and other pressure-affecting bits and will likely push it close or over 350fps.

1 minute ago, [Rogues]Loki said:

Wow, the one page on this thread I somehow managed to miss... Well did, me...

So does the green give lower fps than the stock TM nozzle? I want to drop the stock fps a touch as I'm going to be swapping out barrel, hop and other pressure-affecting bits and will likely push it close or over 350fps.

If I remember rightly, it dropped my FPS by about 20-25 over stock!

8 minutes ago, Immortal said:

It's started :lol: (perhaps I should've stuck a mag in for the photo?! Ah well.... luv'it.)

MWS_CQR_HERA.thumb.jpg.dc2c54309ddeb4737f051bcdf8995c8c.jpg

That looks awesome bud 👍🏻

27 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

That looks awesome bud 👍🏻

Thank you my friend, I couldn't have done it without you. 👍

Took me a while to fit it. Got the CA plate out easy enough. Slid it on the buffer and then realised the washer had slipped out of centre for the grip bolt to go through to the lower receiver where I had to open it up for the plate removal. Got it back in place, screwed it back up and then got a ball hex. Didn't have the right size. Doh!

So I thought I'll just wind it little by little with a normal 90 deg one. Then wondered why the bolt wouldn't go in.

lol :lol: I realised it was a different size so used the original TM one. Just so happened the ball hex I had fit the TM one. 

Job done. Awesome. Dead chuffed with it.

It's brilliant! No more wobble. I don't think I'll need the larger spacer or at least not for now, feels just right as is. Cool beans.

I always wanted a solid M16 style stock and I really like the Dragunov stock. This is a perfect hybrid of the two.

Add in the box mag and I'm cooking with Gas... :lol:

EDIT: Discovered a sneaky weaver rail is hidden under the rear of the stock. Not that I have any use for it. :lol:

23 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Discovered a sneaky weaver rail is hidden under the rear of the stock. Not that I have any use for it. :lol:

Youre more than welcome.

The rail is for a mono pod if you’re  target shooting👍🏻

3 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

The rail is for a mono pod if you’re  target shooting👍🏻

Most my targets are moving franticly like blue arsed flies. :lol:

Still ya never know, it may come in handy one day. 👍

1 minute ago, KoheiN said:

@rocketdogbert what are you using to seal the two parts together? If you have any other detailed pictures it would appreciated, thanks. 

Thats all the pics I have at the moment. Fixing them together is a secret potion, one of the ingredients of which is distilled from the urine of virgin koala bears. The rest is known only to myself and a few associates, who have all been sworn to secrecy 🤷🏼‍♂️

19 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Thats all the pics I have at the moment. Fixing them together is a secret potion, one of the ingredients of which is distilled from the urine of virgin koala bears. The rest is known only to myself and a few associates, who have all been sworn to secrecy 🤷🏼‍♂️

Really, really should not drunk post 🙈