THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Is the MWS outer barrel a clockwise 14mm or anti-clock?

Thanks, Rocket

So my MWS parcel has arrived + 3 additional mags.

Immediately did the green gas mod

I am getting 255 fps with original hopup and 0.3 Geoffs. That equates to about 305ish with a 0.2bb. So not as much as I thought but fine for the mo. The trajectory is pretty flat.

What are you guys getting straight out of the box?

@camden My casv with a standard barrel is getting about 310 I think.  Putting a 260mm crazy jet in it should boost you up if you’re trying to squeeze everything out of it. 

What gas are you using?

• Supporters
On 11/01/2019 at 10:07, Wo1f said:

Do it! 

So who do i have to hold responsible for this?!

@Wo1f I'm looking at you 🤔

TM MWS, got it second hand with the magpul parts and keymod rail

I added the Gold bits so it goes with my SAI M4 HPA gun and bought one more mag.

Recoil is great and i am tempted to sell my GHK M4 as IMO this does feel a bit better.

No idea how well or accurate it shoots as i don't know what tampering the hop has had but im hoping the TM fairy dust is still there.

20190209_145734.jpg

nice rail, Shizbazki!

I am using standard green gas, Wolf.

Thanks for the advice, would you have a link for the Crazy? Is that 310 with a .2 equivalent I assume? Are you using .3s for shooting?

Once temps go up, it should hopefully give me a few more fps as is, but would be good to crank it up to 350 (with a .2) for woodland games and some CQB sites I play.

Has anyone tried black gas? i got a can but thought I'd ask before I go and blow the thing up ;)

@Shizbazki having owned 3 GHK m4’s, the mws’s outshoot them all day long, especially out of the box specs. If the hop rubber is black, there’s a good chance it’s a standard bucking. 

@camden I use propane, but power should be similar. I’ve ran guarder power up gas in mine in this colder weather and it brings the crispness back that it starts to loose. Black gas should be fine now. Wouldn’t be using it in the summer though as it’s super snappy on green/propane anyway. 

Ive never used one in an mws personally, but people swear by them. https://www.skirmshop.co.uk/250mm-604-crazy-jet-gbb-inner-barrel.html

i have used them in my WE scar H and mk23 and had great success though. There’s a few good barrels out there, just remember if you’re keeping the same length, you need a tighter than standard bore to increase the power. I’d avoid the PDI raven though. 6.01 made it over 350 for me and the hop window is tiny 

Tried running nuprol 2.0 today and gun wouldn't cycle because it kept freezing up, rookie didn't take any other gas with me. Has anyone hpa tapped the mags and how? Asking because the plate at the bottom that holds the spring has a small hole where the fill valve is and don't know if it'll need modifying 

Just now, xB0SHx said:

Tried running nuprol 2.0 today and gun wouldn't cycle because it kept freezing up, rookie didn't take any other gas with me. Has anyone hpa tapped the mags and how? Asking because the plate at the bottom that holds the spring has a small hole where the fill valve is and don't know if it'll need modifying 

Yep, you’ll need to modify the plate to fit an HPA tap through it, or drill and tap the side of the mag.

Alterantively, I’ll build you an AW ZET system mag that you can run on HPA and will give you 350 ish rounds 😈

3 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Yep, you’ll need to modify the plate to fit an HPA tap through it, or drill and tap the side of the mag.

Alterantively, I’ll build you an AW ZET system mag that you can run on HPA and will give you 350 ish rounds 😈

Haha it's looking like the way forward 🤣 at least I can sell some mags after to recoup some of the money this guns swallowing. Do you reckon running 3.0 will solve my issue for the moment? 

3 minutes ago, xB0SHx said:

Haha it's looking like the way forward 🤣 at least I can sell some mags after to recoup some of the money this guns swallowing. Do you reckon running 3.0 will solve my issue for the moment? 

No idea, I haven’t had an issue with Nuprol Green or Red, but I don’t shoot outside in the cold, coldest is inside unheated🤷🏼‍♂️

I did some testing today with propane and it emptied 2 mags on a single fill no problems. Try guarder powerup gas if you’re really struggling. 

On a side note, TNT buckings are very good. 

3 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I did some testing today with propane and it emptied 2 mags on a single fill no problems. Try guarder powerup gas if you’re really struggling. 

I'll give it a go. Was fine with slightly warmer weather. Need to play with the hopup unit as it was curving left badly again. I suspect the I key shifted positions. The one sided tension arm isn't the best design. Can't find an aftermarket hop unit for it either 

1 minute ago, xB0SHx said:

I'll give it a go. Was fine with slightly warmer weather. Need to play with the hopup unit as it was curving left badly again. I suspect the I key shifted positions. The one sided tension arm isn't the best design. Can't find an aftermarket hop unit for it either 

Is the arm the same size as a TM Glock one? Loads of companies make aftermarket ones

https://www.rainbow8.com/collections/glock-series/products/dp-ss-304-hop-up-adjustment-arms-for-marui-we-vfc-gbb-pistol

2 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Is the arm the same size as a TM Glock one? Loads of companies make aftermarket ones

https://www.rainbow8.com/collections/glock-series/products/dp-ss-304-hop-up-adjustment-arms-for-marui-we-vfc-gbb-pistol

It's slightly different. Didn't think about it needing to be a harder material.

Because of it making it thicker with the key it pulls down towards the back of the barrel so I might need to make it into a T instead of an I

20190126_110257.jpg

I re-ran my gas test today on standard hopup but with green gas mag mod:

- green gas WE (0.3 bb): 266 fps

- Guarder powerup gas  (0.3bb) : 290 fps

This means I am ar about 355 fps equivalent with a 0.2bb, so just over site limit I am going for

And as you suggested, Wolf, it gives it that snappy 'crack' back.

Come spring, I'll revert back to green gas/propane. Will defo investigate hopup buckins and tigher barrel. Don't think I need a lighter bolt for winter blasting.

Thanks, keep your wisdom coming!

On 10/02/2019 at 17:30, Wo1f said:

Which TNT bucking would you recommend? Or which bucking full stop?