THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Hi.

Yes, correct, the Iron Airsoft ones. So a positive experience for you? Same bbs per mag as the steel ones? No feeding issues? Thanks for replying!

Never owned one, but the general consensus is they work, but not as well as the standard TM ones 

Thanks, Wolf. Any suggestions as to why they would not work as well? The reason I am asking is that I will need to make a decision soon as to whether to go all Pmag or all Stanag. After several unreliable WE GBBs, I am back in the market for a GBB and a MWS CQB is in the post...

6 minutes ago, camden said:

Thanks, Wolf. Any suggestions as to why they would not work as well? The reason I am asking is that I will need to make a decision soon as to whether to go all Pmag or all Stanag. After several unreliable WE GBBs, I am back in the market for a GBB and a MWS CQB is in the post...

They hold a few more bb’s, feed fine when I’ve used them, but have heard others say what @Wo1f says, apparently affecting fps.

I could always build you a drum mag or two 😂😂

Haha, thanks Rocket. I appreciate the offer very much but I love a reload under fire. It enhances my experience whereas having as much ammo as I want doesn't. Horse for courses.

FPS not consistent is a bummer, though. Thanks for the info. Might have to go Stanag steel, then.

Anyone have a source for real nice fixed old school styled AR stock (M16 sort of thing) for the MWS?

I can only seem to find AEG versions...

Always wanted one and I can't stand the wobble of the OEM one. It's my only gripe... the rest is precision.

10 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Anyone have a source for real nice fixed old school styled AR stock (M16 sort of thing) for the MWS?

I can only seem to find AEG versions...

Always wanted one and I can't stand the wobble of the OEM one. It's my only gripe... the rest is precision.

The MWS is RS sized, you could always look for a real one

https://www.brownells.co.uk/AR-15-A4-STOCK-FIXED-OEM-BLK-COLT-Black-Composite-Colt-AR-15-AR-15-M4-M16-AR-15-160000218

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Oh my, now that's a thought I hadn't had so thank you very much.

lol :lol: That's a dangerous site. I'll be stuck on there for hours now.

2 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Oh my, now that's a thought I hadn't had so thank you very much.

lol :lol: That's a dangerous site. I'll be stuck on there for hours now.

Don’t solid stocks need longer buffers? If so, G&P make one. I’ve got it on my mk12

17 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Don’t solid stocks need longer buffers? If so, G&P make one. I’ve got it on my mk12

I would of thought so and I'll remember the G&P option you've mentioned. I'm just window shopping for the moment and there's a lot to browse on the link Rocketdogbert provided so I'll do my research with that in mind too. Knowing RS kits will fit certainly opens up options I hadn't considered. And it also means I can look further a field than regular airsoft sites.

Thanks fellas. Appreciate it. 👍

Any adaptors I need to make the RS rails fit? I am used to PTWs where RS glides on like a glove. TMs are not 1:1 compared to RS (they never have been in the past, so I would be surprised if the MWS was). I have several rails lying around that I can use as long as the MWS allows it.

6 minutes ago, camden said:

Any adaptors I need to make the RS rails fit? I am used to PTWs where RS glides on like a glove. TMs are not 1:1 compared to RS (they never have been in the past, so I would be surprised if the MWS was). I have several rails lying around that I can use as long as the MWS allows it.

I fitted a RS Hera rail to my old MWS. Lines up perfectly, but the threads don’t match between the RS adapter and the MWS body. I modified it to fit without a problem.

vNRgzpz.jpg

Nicely done. Was it a lot of work or just a bit of a filing job? Thanks for the info!

3 minutes ago, camden said:

Nicely done. Was it a lot of work or just a bit of a filing job? Thanks for the info!

I cut the RS mounting nut in half and ittnreaded on nicely.  Alternatively,  LC Engineering Outpost will make you a nut to fit

Thanks for the info, Rocket!

29 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Bare in mind majority of the stock comes from the US so you may get stung for import if it does come from the US warehouse.

Brownells T&C guarantee that all duties and shipping are included already

7 hours ago, Jimmeh said:

With Brownells, import taxes etc should be included in the price so you shouldnt have to pay them.

6 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Brownells T&C guarantee that all duties and shipping are included already

Not when I bought from them, I thought the same and got a magpul pump handle for an 870 and got stung £30

56 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Not when I bought from them, I thought the same and got a magpul pump handle for an 870 and got stung £30

You buy from the U.K. site?

8 hours ago, Wo1f said:

You buy from the U.K. site?

Yes but if they don't have that particular item in stock it gets shipped from the US to fill the order. Not just me that's been stung by courier either few friends have had the same hence stopped using them and ask our mule bring stuff back instead. Cheaper all round then, just a shame some places you have to have an American card to be able to order and I don't particular y trust drop shipping/purchasing

• Supporters

Nah Brownells have always covered me with Import and duties, never had to pay anything additional