THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

I’ve never heard of a place banning propane.. all green gas is propane and silicone oil. 

I’m not entirely sure what ‘blend’ power up gas is. It functions and smells just like green gas. I imagine it’s like Nuprol black, but I’ve never tried it. Gives about a 15fps boost and a much crisper cycle in this lousy weather.  Even makes my Gas SR-25 run like a champ in the cold. 

A WE mp5k? I’ve got the pdw and love it. Heavy little thing though. 

I know right, OK propane has the gassy smell but if they say no then there's little reasoning with them. Like you said Green's the same thing with silicon. Red is propane and a little ethane Not sure if Nuprol black is just more ethane again but traditionally black gas was always Co2 in non-airsoft circles.

Yes a WE MP5K; NPAS installed and I've got the full set of Z-parts for it but have yet to get round to installing them. It is a little weighty but it's funky and fun. Hops really well so apart from the NPAS it's stock.

The other GBBR is a GHK AK74UN with hispeed buffer and a TNT APS-X T hop & barrel (a different TNT APS-X hop to the one this nub has come from which is a TR Hop however it was never reliable). Good shooter but metal Mags are a bitch (specifically the AKM metal ones, the locking lips like to move as they're only crimped on - again been meaning to apoxy them in place).

20 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

So........does anybody want me to build them a drum mag for their MWS/MTR?

OK, this has been on my mind all day whilst modding the mags. Would it be a case of me supplying the parts and you combining them or would you be happy to give me a price for a "job done here you go enjoy" sale? :lol: Feel free to PM me!

I feel I need this and whilst the chance is there I'd be daft to miss out. 👍

16 minutes ago, Immortal said:

OK, this has been on my mind all day whilst modding the mags. Would it be a case of me supplying the parts and you combining them or would you be happy to give me a price for a "job done here you go enjoy" sale? :lol: Feel free to PM me!

You have PM matey 👍🏻

@Wo1f I take it it's an absolute mission to get to the hop unit from what I can see.

Look's like I'll have to take the whole front section apart to release it? Outer barrel the lot?

Mercy.... :lol: .... that can wait till tomorrow! I'm sure thinking about it is perhaps worse than reality?!

1 hour ago, Immortal said:

@Wo1f I take it it's an absolute mission to get to the hop unit from what I can see.

Look's like I'll have to take the whole front section apart to release it? Outer barrel the lot?

Mercy.... :lol: .... that can wait till tomorrow! I'm sure thinking about it is perhaps worse than reality?!

Yup, rail /and barrel out jobby 👍🏻

22 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Yup, rail /and barrel out jobby 👍🏻

I'll bite that bullet tomorrow, thanks for the confirmation 👍

(secretly I hoped you'd say no, it just slides out without all the work :lol:)

22 minutes ago, hunter511 said:

Evening ladies and gents.

Anyone know whats going on with the SixG super buckings. Seen a couple of posts saying payment made and no product amd others that have been trying to get in contact for a couple of months now?

I ordered mine at the beginning of December and received inside a week! He’s a one man band I believe so I think just bear with? What’s the longest anyone has waited?

14 hours ago, Immortal said:

I'm also curious about this because let's be honest it's gonna happen anyway so why delay the inevitable 

1 hour ago, hunter511 said:

Awesome.

Now all I need is him to reply to my emails then.

He's not the best at keeping you updated but I ordered a couple weeks ago and it came within a couple days. 

hello guys, does anyone knows where to get a good 6.01 400mm inner barrel? thanks in advance looking for a "DMR"ish set on a MTR16

14 minutes ago, xB0SHx said:

I'm also curious about this because let's be honest it's gonna happen anyway so why delay the inevitable 

Anyway you like, I’m not worried. Send me the bits or I’ll supply, doesn’t matter to me, whatever is best for you👍🏻

2 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Anyway you like, I’m not worried. Send me the bits or I’ll supply, doesn’t matter to me, whatever is best for you👍🏻

If you were to supply it all and just send finished product what would you be looking at charging?

30 minutes ago, xB0SHx said:

If you were to supply it all and just send finished product what would you be looking at charging?

Drop me a PM matey 😊

Well today hasn't gone as planned so I didn't get to change the bucking and install the nub although I have watched a few vids and it looks easy enough.

Couple of questions if I may O'GURUs of MWS Land:

With the stock nub & bucking what kind of weight BBs would you recommend? (I have most weights)

And what speedloader adaptors are you fellas using? Does it take the usual GBBR one that fits WE & GHK? (Not digging the wand!)

– I know I should try it but as I can't shoot it today either I figured I'd just ask for when I get the chance 👍

Cheers fellas

19 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Well today hasn't gone as planned so I didn't get to change the bucking and install the nub although I have watched a few vids and it looks easy enough.

With the stock nub & bucking what kind of weight BBs would you recommend? (I have most weights)

And what speedloader adaptors are you fellas using? Does it take the usual GBBR one that fits WE & GHK? (Not digging the wand!)

– I know I should try it but as I can't shoot it today either I figured I'd just ask for when I get the chance 👍

Cheers fellas

I am using .3s in a totally stock rifle. As for speedloaders I’m currently running a £2.99 one from airsoftworld with the adaptor taped on. Works fine but is an effort to fill brand new mags with.

1 hour ago, Immortal said:

Cheers fellas

I use the mws warmag from softair website. Pretty pricey but has worked so much better than the normal speed loaders. 

Fitted the I key and tnt bucking to the type 89 today. With some bending,  filing and a touch of super glue it's shooting about 65 metres on .32s consistently. Its the furthest I can test it so we'll see how it tests next weekend. Thanks for the suggestion 

20190202_161930.jpg

20190202_155122.jpg

@Immortal .30 was about as heavy as I could hop on a stock nub. The bucking is good, just there’s only so much hop you can apply with a hollow nub. 

@xB0SHx I actually prefer that I key design. I modified an mws chamber to take one once with good results. That long contact patch will work great with maple leaf and TNT buckings 

46 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

@Immortal .30 was about as heavy as I could hop on a stock nub. The bucking is good, just there’s only so much hop you can apply with a hollow nub. 

That's good to know, yourself and @Jacket gave the same answer and that's good enough for me! 2 for 2 👍

I'll give them a go.

Got a lot of 0.3 too; white & black ones. Black are no good for testing.... like shooting with eyes shut. :lol:

Figured I'll ring off a few mags with it stock (hopefully tommorow) so I have a benchmark for the Tan and nub I've lined up.

I like to see what is happening before I change something to be aware of the change be it positive or negative.

Thanks fellas.

2 hours ago, xB0SHx said:

use the mws warmag from softair website

I'll check it out, thanks 👍 EDIT: Bummer, no longer in stock... I'll keep looking.

That’s the best way of doing it. You won’t see a great deal of improvement with the same BB’s though. The performance gain comes from being able to use heavy BB’s. That being said, in standard form with .28’s it will run rings around a TM recoil. 

Mk12 just got a service and a new bucking to try. 

F3FB8379-6E45-4568-8B94-6B8DEE1881D5.jpeg

That's fine, I've got various weights upto 0.5 so when I do get around to swapping out the bucking and nub I'll give them a try.

After 0.3 things start to get a bit expensive anyway, not an issue on a bolt action but in this case it would certainly add up.

I tend to only use Geoffs Precision & Super Precision.

Morning, all.

I have one of Dave's custom Pmags in the post and was wondering if anyone has tried them before and how they got on? Do they need modding, too, green-gas style? Thanks for your help.

2 hours ago, camden said:

Morning, all.

I have one of Dave's custom Pmags in the post and was wondering if anyone has tried them before and how they got on? Do they need modding, too, green-gas style? Thanks for your help.

You mean the Iron Airsoft ones? I had a couple for a while, no issues and no mods required for mine