THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Aboit $100 dollars👍🏻

That's not bad really. It caught my eye when you originally posted that pic up. 👍

In fact this is one thread that always catches my interest. It's full of many, many, many, wonderful things. LOL :lol:

I do like GBBRs alas currently I only have one: GHK AK74UN with hi-speed buffer and a TNT TR hop unit. It's a finnicky little sod.

3 hours ago, Immortal said:

Quick question for the MWS Gurus; is there actually anything internally different between the MWS and the MTR-16 (ignoring the external differences).

I'm hovering over the buy button but was curious. I don't like the MTR however I am interested in your thoughts if possible. Thank you.

And the whole hop unit is different inside!

I dont know why TM went backwards with a job soooooo well done on the MWS, those flexy stamped steel hop arms :facepalm:

1 minute ago, Davegolf said:

I dont know why TM went backwards with a job soooooo well done on the MWS, those flexy stamped steel hop arms :facepalm:

Nope, that’s the type 89, MTR hop unit is identical to MWS bud

1 minute ago, Davegolf said:

That's good to know, thanks for the input. 👍

26 minutes ago, Sawyer said:

It made it to me! I'm just in from work, I think that's enough tinkering for tonight... can't get the bloody thing tight, I'll attempt in the morning! 

Screenshot_20190129-010438_Gallery.jpg

What can’t you get tight? 

The rail system, to be honest I think I'm just being a wuss and I'm afraid of breaking something... I need to give the nut a proper yank with the AR wrench. 

The only other annoying thing I've found so far is that my Z parts mk12 suppressor doesn't fit over the threads on the muzzle brake. I knew it might be the case, just a shame it is!

That looks great. I had the same issue with a z parts suppressor on my VFC 

mk12 flash hider. I bought the VFC suppressor instead 

Looks really nice! Different from the norm. I’ve decided to keep mine on stock rails til I work out my build. sopmod esk with a few tweaks. Have some updates tonight

I've brained my damage reading all 23 pages however I've learnt a LOT! Thank you. 👍

Curious, this little brass super nub as mentioned appears to be the same as the TNT TR hop nub that comes in the kit for the GHK AK hop. Good news is I have one in the drawer so my accidental first upgrade before I've even purchased the RIF. :lol: Next to look for a Tan modify bucking that's in stock. That'll do for now till I pop my cherry!

Okay! So couple of goodies arrived today. These are not real steel. The sling plate was a okay fit. Doesn’t mesh up with the buffer tube very well unless I push on it while tightening the castle nut. Time will tell how it fairs in the strength department.

now the BAD lever. Jesus Christ I’m happy it was cheap. “Some fetlling to fit”. Had to use a different screw as the one supplied was about to round off. Then Dremmel a good chunk out of it for the bolt stop to even work. Then had to unwind the stock tube 2 turns for it to catch with the Marui mags. The P mags wouldn’t lock back with it on.

So a wasted adventure. I’ll try the Laylax one once I have better funds. 

In short. Don’t bother with the clone Magpul BAD lever. Get Laylax.

At least that’s a sling point ticked off my list

A59986D4-FF6E-431C-BF42-98BD71203A76.jpeg

898A0B4F-F134-428B-A289-E0E84DF48557.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Apologise for the double post. But could some one crack their receiver in two and just tell me how many whole threads remain between the receiver and buffer tube please. Mine has two. Wanna make sure the tube is in the correct amount. Should of checked before hand...

60842C50-811D-415D-A16A-23680AACAE6B.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Cipher-032 said:

Okay! So couple of goodies arrived today. These are not real steel. The sling plate was a okay fit. Doesn’t mesh up with the buffer tube very well unless I push on it while tightening the castle nut. Time will tell how it fairs in the strength department.

now the BAD lever. Jesus Christ I’m happy it was cheap. “Some fetlling to fit”. Had to use a different screw as the one supplied was about to round off. Then Dremmel a good chunk out of it for the bolt stop to even work. Then had to unwind the stock tube 2 turns for it to catch with the Marui mags. The P mags wouldn’t lock back with it on.

So a wasted adventure. I’ll try the Laylax one once I have better funds. 

In short. Don’t bother with the clone Magpul BAD lever. Get Laylax.

At least that’s a sling point ticked off my list

A59986D4-FF6E-431C-BF42-98BD71203A76.jpeg

898A0B4F-F134-428B-A289-E0E84DF48557.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've heard and seen demonstrated we really bad things about the BAD lever. Basically it makes safe operation a nightmare as it becomes way too easy to accidentally drop the bolt and if the have your finger in the trigger guard it's a good way to get NDs

20 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I've heard and seen demonstrated we really bad things about the BAD lever. Basically it makes safe operation a nightmare as it becomes way too easy to accidentally drop the bolt and if the have your finger in the trigger guard it's a good way to get NDs

Real life or airsoft? Or both even?

2 threads gap on the buffer tube is right. 

Regards to the bad lever... I don’t like the idea of them at all. In terms of the MWS, you’re adding weight to the bolt stop assembly. The ZET plate will have to lift that extra weight, which will effect bolt lock performance. Having bled profusely for hours after a Scar H bolt bit me, I don’t want any extra ‘help’ releasing the bolt when I don’t want it to. 

They aren’t cheap, are they 😂  I’m thinking of trying a new hop combination with a custom nub very soon. Will report back how I get on. 

No they're not. :lol: I added 3 to the basket and took one out in disgust.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Like most things (generally) you get what you pay for. I've not heard a bad thing about them so I think it's money well spent.

I look forward to hearing what you come up with.

EDIT: I found them in stock at Skirmshop NL if anyone's interested....