THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, Fissure said:

Oh I see, in that case I would go with the stock return spring and the RA-Tech NPAS ! With that one you can adjust the length of the valve itself quite a bit and go really low with the fps if you wish.

Didn’t work for me. It became very unstable and there was a point where it just dropped off a cliff! 

14 minutes ago, Jimmeh said:

Didn’t work for me. It became very unstable and there was a point where it just dropped off a cliff! 

Oh so you have the NPAS already, strange! I did try it with a 370mm aps-x barrel and tried to tune it into the cqb limits here (328fps with 0.2bbs) and want to remember it working out pretty well.

But if you already are running stock internals and shooting pretty hot i think you would have to try out either a shorther barrel or one with a bigger bore like 6.04 or even higher. 

Just now, Jacket said:

Yeah thinking of changing front end but keeping upper receiver

You may find someone who wants to convert to a CQBR occasionally but without an upper receiver it will be a tough sell. Though I do know someone who might be interested in the shorter outer barrel. 

• Supporters

So I may be in receipt of a TM MWS soon (can't wait) and plan to modify some of the external parts when it arrives.

So i wanted to know if the following can be changed?

Stock: I want to change the stock to a real steel Magpul MOE SL stock. Has anyone fitted one to their MWS? which did you need to use, the civilian or Mil-Spec size and was it a tight fit?

Pistol grip: I want to also change this to a Magpul MOE pistol grip too, again was it a simple fit, does the MWS use only 1 bolt to hold the grip in place. If it did need a little modding what did you have to do?

I plan to leave the rest of the internals stock as i find TM works best for me if i dont touch the innards especially the hop but what, if anything do you guys often change first?

4 minutes ago, Shizbazki said:

So I may be in receipt of a TM MWS soon (can't wait) and plan to modify some of the external parts when it arrives.

So i wanted to know if the following can be changed?

Stock: I want to change the stock to a real steel Magpul MOE SL stock. Has anyone fitted one to their MWS? which did you need to use, the civilian or Mil-Spec size and was it a tight fit?

Pistol grip: I want to also change this to a Magpul MOE pistol grip too, again was it a simple fit, does the MWS use only 1 bolt to hold the grip in place. If it did need a little modding what did you have to do?

I plan to leave the rest of the internals stock as i find TM works best for me if i dont touch the innards especially the hop but what, if anything do you guys often change first?

I've got an Angrygun buffer tube on mine, but i believe the standard one is milspec too. grip is RS spec and will bolt straight on with no modification. at least to the few ive tried. The only external issue is most rails need an adapter ring.

On 14/01/2019 at 22:25, rocketdogbert said:

What a lot of lovely info.

I fitted a new nub to the MTR tonight😎

07451049-62F9-4A98-B7EC-A97B1F614D97.thumb.jpeg.718cebb41225565837b66d9e723aaab1.jpeg

whats the verdict on the nub?

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I've got an Angrygun buffer tube on mine, but i believe the standard one is milspec too. grip is RS spec and will bolt straight on with no modification. at least to the few ive tried. The only external issue is most rails need an adapter ring.

Cheers mate, may my wallet say its prayers

7 hours ago, Wo1f said:

It overhops 0.25’s, as expected, haven’t done much with it other than that.

@sonofsammo has one in his, 0.36’s take the range to around 70-80m

My quest to fit the AW 300 round drum mag to the MTR took a different tack tonight.

I could not get the TM mag insert (at the top) to reliably be gas tight in the AW adapter. So, I took the plunge, and cut an MTR mag in half.....

9A6713AD-0A52-4F87-AB38-9585C359D56F.thumb.jpeg.d31dcedc1a8d05377c7267724c4e05d0.jpeg

...along with cutting the top top off the AW adapter, and machined the two to fit together...

DEB463C7-ECCB-4743-9156-EEBAA2A7ADE9.thumb.jpeg.e1993f851cd83cb0113cc02b35d94a1d.jpeg

This will ensure a gas tight seal once they are permanently bonded and screwed 😎

5 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

My quest to fit the AW 300 round drum mag to the MTR took a different tack tonight.

I could not get the TM mag insert (at the top) to reliably be gas tight in the AW adapter. So, I took the plunge, and cut an MTR mag in half.....

9A6713AD-0A52-4F87-AB38-9585C359D56F.thumb.jpeg.d31dcedc1a8d05377c7267724c4e05d0.jpeg

...along with cutting the top top off the AW adapter, and machined the two to fit together...

DEB463C7-ECCB-4743-9156-EEBAA2A7ADE9.thumb.jpeg.e1993f851cd83cb0113cc02b35d94a1d.jpeg

This will ensure a gas tight seal once they are permanently bonded and screwed 😎

Bold move I like it. How will you bond it?

1 minute ago, xB0SHx said:

Bold move I like it. How will you bond it?

Cheers.

Screws and chemical metal two part epoxy to fix them together👍🏻

4 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Cheers.

Screws and chemical metal two part epoxy to fix them together👍🏻

I'm holding thumbs for you. I'm excited to see the end result

11 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Smartened up now😎

8A650CDE-06E8-4ED8-A8EC-18903E8E577D.thumb.jpeg.1cd72ebffb8d86191245ab59b7cc31be.jpeg

I want first refusal of you ever come to sell it 😂

2 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I want first refusal of you ever come to sell it 😂

Cost me an MTR mag, the AW Drum mag, and lots of thought and time. Around £200 in parts!

I’d consider building some more though

Looking at the thickness of the mws shell, i wonder if you can devil hunter mod it😈

23 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Looking at the thickness of the mws shell, i wonder if you can devil hunter mod it😈

I don’t know what that is.......

Now I do........lol