THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 minute ago, xB0SHx said:

Gutted. Was going to order one tomorrow. Is there another alternative? Or even a mid cap? Struggling with the 30 rounds mag at 42 quid a pop

Nope. You should try the MTR, it’s 20 rounds lol.

The PMAG takes maybe 39

Im actually going to get the AW converted to fit the MWS, but it’s not a simple job, practically everything is a different size, gas router and feed lips are in the wrong position, top valve is in the wrong place, adapter body is too large to fit in the MWS mag well.

Other than that, perfect fit lol

29 minutes ago, xB0SHx said:

Hey guys new here. I have a type 89 not the m4 but I'm pretty sure they're the same internals. Very little info or help with mods on the 89. Great advice so far and gonna invest in the nub and and modify bucking but not a barrel as it was shooting 345- 348 fps last weekend on nuprol green. For those of you struggling with loading your mags I've found a loader which arrived today. 

I was sceptical at first but wow they go in like butter. Only loaded 3 mags so not sure on how long it'll last but will use it on a skirmish day and see how it holds up. 

It's called a hurricane storm loader by warmag and I got it off a place in Italy. 

So if I understand with changing the nub and bucking at 345 fps on 0.2, I should be able to hop 0.36's and get like 70m range?

15472354358423705758941884932198.jpg

Hang on this drum mag you're saying won't fit the mws?

Screenshot_20190111-194748_Chrome.jpg

I’ve been looking at those speed loaders. Did you get from soft air? Can you take a video of it in use and post? Thanks! 

8 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Nope. You should try the MTR, it’s 20 rounds lol.

The PMAG takes maybe 39

Im actually going to get the AW converted to fit the MWS, but it’s not a simple job, practically everything is a different size, gas router and feed lips are in the wrong position, top valve is in the wrong place, adapter body is too large to fit in the MWS mag well.

Other than that, perfect fit lol

How will you convert it? Please keep me updated on this and if you find a solution I'll be your best friend for life haha

7 minutes ago, Jimmeh said:

I’ve been looking at those speed loaders. Did you get from soft air? Can you take a video of it in use and post? Thanks! 

Yeah that's it soft air. I'll get a vid sorted tomorrow of me loading. It takes literally a couple seconds. It's not the most rugged bit of kit so only time will tell. 

2 minutes ago, xB0SHx said:

How will you convert it? Please keep me updated on this and if you find a solution I'll be your best friend for life haha

I spent yesterday evening looking at all the options. I think the best is to EITHER get a new adaptor 3D printed to accept the MWS mag top OR do some machining on the AW adaptor to fit the MWS mag top to it.

The adapter acts as a further gas reservoir to the drum, so it’s not an easy thing to convert it, it has to be gas tight.

2 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I spent yesterday evening looking at all the options. I think the best is to EITHER get a new adaptor 3D printed to accept the MWS mag top OR do some machining on the AW adaptor to fit the MWS mag top to it.

The adapter acts as a further gas reservoir to the drum, so it’s not an easy thing to convert it, it has to be gas tight.

Right I understand. I'll get in touch with AW and see how long before we see a true mws fit from them 

12 minutes ago, xB0SHx said:

Right I understand. I'll get in touch with AW and see how long before we see a true mws fit from them 

Be interesting if they do

31 minutes ago, Jimmeh said:

Terrible video and doesn't look so smooth haha but from struggling and nearly breaking my thumb everytime I loaded to this is a vast improvement 

10 hours ago, mwsaddict said:

hai guys, do u have any recomendation for my mws bolt carrier? guns modify or angry gun? thanks before :)

Well worth a watch if you're thinking of a different bolt. 

Stay away from angry gun when you can. They’re more miss than hit in terms of fitment. 

Re bolt carriers - the UAC aluminium one is nicely made and really speeds up the cycle.

Much snappier and better in the cold.

Its worth spending a little time with a file and cleaning up around the area the trigger reset hits the BCG.

I spent a few hours this weekend on the AW drum mag.

The adapter needs a reasonable amount of work to fit in the TM magwell. Careful measurement is required as you need to take material from both the front and the back of the adapter, and reprofile the rear corners.

And remove some material so the bolt stop doesn’t jam.

The AW Mag top (valve, router and feedlips) is a no go though. I spent a few hours on that as well, feed lips can be modified, and the body of the top of the adapter as well. The TM bolt will then feed bb’s well BUT I stopped there. The gas router is in the wrong place and cannot be modified to fit. The valve sits too high but could probably be modified.

92516E5F-9226-4EE4-8EEE-B8C60B0DD9AB.thumb.jpeg.73d73bbf0f683e4d3ab327b7acfae1ed.jpeg

14 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I spent a few hours this weekend on the AW drum mag.

The adapter needs a reasonable amount of work to fit in the TM magwell. Careful measurement is required as you need to take material from both the front and the back of the adapter, and reprofile the rear corners.

And remove some material so the bolt stop doesn’t jam.

The AW Mag top (valve, router and feedlips) is a no go though. I spent a few hours on that as well, feed lips can be modified, and the body of the top of the adapter as well. The TM bolt will then feed bb’s well BUT I stopped there. The gas router is in the wrong place and cannot be modified to fit. The valve sits too high but could probably be modified.

92516E5F-9226-4EE4-8EEE-B8C60B0DD9AB.thumb.jpeg.73d73bbf0f683e4d3ab327b7acfae1ed.jpeg

Hmm that is a real pity. If I do the mods to hop up hopefully it'll change my need for more ammo for now. 

Can't wait for AW forever so hopefully get an update in the near future 

Hey everyone.  This is a bit off topic but has anyone used the new G&P nozzle valves. I've ordered the red one but think it might run a bit hot. I'm looking for 420fps or a touch under with a 0.2. Does anyone know what fps the different coloured nozzles run?

20190111_222258.jpg

2 hours ago, Ulaw said:

Hey everyone.  This is a bit off topic but has anyone used the new G&P nozzle valves. I've ordered the red one but think it might run a bit hot. I'm looking for 420fps or a touch under with a 0.2. Does anyone know what fps the different coloured nozzles run?

I have been looking at them as I want to do the opposite of you, I need to lower FPS, so I am going to order the opposite end of the scale to see its affect. From what I can tell, nobody knows exactly what each of them do, but I have emailed G&P and asked for some information so I will post it here when/if I receive a response!

Also wanting to know this. I’ve asked the question ages ago on their FB, but got no response. 

Tried out the red one today and their spring set. You can adjust the valve position a little bit by rotating the gold part, there are three positions to chose from they alter how far back the valve itself rests in its neutral position.

My result with ultair greengas was 120,8-121 m/s using 0.4 bbs (2,93J). Aiming for 2.51 so this wont work for me, gonna try adjusting the valve to see how much difference it makes.

Edited update.

Here is the m/s I got from the three different positions (0.4bbs)

Front  - 121 m/s

Middle - 104 m/s

Back - 86 m/s

Also added an image of the valve explaining what i'm talking about for those who don't understand.

IMG_20190114_142920.jpg

MWS022C-2L.png

3 minutes ago, Fissure said:

My result with ultair greengas was 120,8-121 FPS using 0.4 bbs (2,93J). Aiming for 2.51 so this wont work for me, gonna try adjusting the valve to see how much difference it makes.

Can I assume that you mean Meters per second, rather than FPS?

Is this your only upgrade to increase FPS?

Tried out the back position on it now and it went from 121m/s to 86m/s. So those few millimeters makes quite a bit of difference. Will try out the center position next then one could guestimate the ranges one could expect from the red unit.

Edit: Yes sorry wrote the wrong unit, meant m/s in the first post there

And sorry did not mention other upgrades but upgrades that might have an impact on the power would be a 410mm maple leaf crazy jet inner barrel and in the hop there is a tan modify bucking. Shorter barrel less power I would assume.

I'm extremely glad someone else has one of these valves for testing! A few questions if you wouldn't mind:

1. What was your stock FPS before you used the G&P valve?
  2. Have you used a G&P valve return spring? Or is it the stock TM one?
  3. How do you "select" the hole that's being used? Is it different spring attachment points? Or are there actually four settings?
  4. What does the o-ring do?
  5. Is the pin a tool to help set this up or is it a part of the system that I'm struggling to understand its function?

Basically, any more info would be useful. I am trying to know a significant amount of FPS off of my setup so trying to identify if this is the solution before I order!

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Jimmeh said:

I'm extremely glad someone else has one of these valves for testing! A few questions if you wouldn't mind:

1. What was your stock FPS before you used the G&P valve?
  2. Have you used a G&P valve return spring? Or is it the stock TM one?
  3. How do you "select" the hole that's being used? Is it different spring attachment points? Or are there actually four settings?
  4. What does the o-ring do?
  5. Is the pin a tool to help set this up or is it a part of the system that I'm struggling to understand its function?

Basically, any more info would be useful. I am trying to know a significant amount of FPS off of my setup so trying to identify if this is the solution before I order!

Thanks!

No problem!

1. No idea, never used the gun stock to be frank. If you are running the stock length barrel you will be pretty far away from these numbers I would guess? As for the valves go I have tried the follwing.

-TM Stock plastic one

-Firefly CNC

-RA Tech NPAS

-DP Enhanced Nozzle

-SAT Technical Knockout system

This one seems right now to be the most consistent of the high flow valves and the one I would pick for a build, except if you really wanna fine tune your FPS then the NPAS would be a better choice but you wont reach as high velocities with that one.

Not a good answer, sorry about that !

2. I am using the G&P return spring currently I have measured the spring resistance (higher = more gas into the barrel) on the

-Stock spring

-DP Enhanced Nozzle Spring set

Guns Modify 150% Nozzle Reset spring set

-G&P Spring Set

The stock one and the Guns Modify has the same resistance (lighter spring)

G&P and DP Springs are extremely close with the G&P one just a tiny bit stiffer

3. There is a screw that goes straight through the nozzle behind the gas window, this screw goes through the holes in the picture with arrows, so by chosing one of the three holes the thingy behind the nozzle valve will be located in different places and effecting the distance the valve have to travel before closing.

4. The O-ring is the same as the original o-ring as far as a I can see, it is placed on the other end of the spring that pulls back the nozzle when cycling (where the sealing buffer sits)

5. I have no idea what it is used for, I studied it and then used it to clean under my fingernails. Did not use it for installing though. Maybe someone has a better explanation :)

Hope this helps !

12 minutes ago, Fissure said:

No problem!

1. No idea, never used the gun stock to be frank. If you are running the stock length barrel you will be pretty far away from these numbers I would guess? As for the valves go I have tried the follwing.

-TM Stock plastic one

-Firefly CNC

-RA Tech NPAS

-DP Enhanced Nozzle

-SAT Technical Knockout system

This one seems right now to be the most consistent of the high flow valves and the one I would pick for a build, except if you really wanna fine tune your FPS then the NPAS would be a better choice but you wont reach as high velocities with that one.

Not a good answer, sorry about that !

2. I am using the G&P return spring currently I have measured the spring resistance (higher = more gas into the barrel) on the

-Stock spring

-DP Enhanced Nozzle Spring set

Guns Modify 150% Nozzle Reset spring set

-G&P Spring Set

The stock one and the Guns Modify has the same resistance (lighter spring)

G&P and DP Springs are extremely close with the G&P one just a tiny bit stiffer

3. There is a screw that goes straight through the nozzle behind the gas window, this screw goes through the holes in the picture with arrows, so by chosing one of the three holes the thingy behind the nozzle valve will be located in different places and effecting the distance the valve have to travel before closing.

4. The O-ring is the same as the original o-ring as far as a I can see, it is placed on the other end of the spring that pulls back the nozzle when cycling (where the sealing buffer sits)

5. I have no idea what it is used for, I studied it and then used ut to clean under my fingernails. Did not use it for installing though. Maybe someone has a better explanation :)

Hope this helps !

Very helpful! Thanks!! Makes a bit more sense now! 

The build I want has a 370mm 6.00 barrel and uses 0.36g BBs. With everything else stock, I am getting around 320 FPS and I need it below 260 FPS. Was going to go for the opposite end of the scale on the valves and see if I could bring it down!