THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

24 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

What’s your setup? Looks like it would lift a .40👍

TNT TR 50 degree, 300mm Crazy jet, Element H plastic nub. Similar to your brass one. All spares I had about. The SRS nub wouldnt fit with out modification to the nub or chamber. I couldnt be bothered with that.

I lost about 20FPS but I had the hop dialled on slightly. Maybe the MWS doesnt suffer much compression. 

The TNT rubber has a thin wedge on the side. So Im praying it stays seated and straight.

I noticed the little nub on the TNT T bucking. The modify tan is the same too. Personally I’d rather it be like that than too big like the Maple leaf. 

My MWS mk12 mod 0... gave the prs stock to the VFC SR-25 and went old school on the MWS... MWS CASV lingering at the bottom.

4CD4458C-866E-4006-896B-DD58F8798625.jpeg

@Wo1f Your Mk12 is gorgeous! 

I ordered 2 P mags from Milspec last week. Knowning Dad would be home I was sure they would be there for me after work. As usual life gave me lemons, he was dog walking, and they had to be signed for. Looks like If I run the MWS tomorrow its down to 2 Mags on that, and 5 on the HK45. Pistol as a primary any one? 

Be interesting to see if it works in the cold. Ive got some Nuprol 3 in case

Thanks!

best of luck with the P mags. Most people don’t seem to get on with them. Never tried them myself though.

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

I’ve used PMAGS, seemed to work fine for me, but my peak fps dropped off with them by about 20

Hmmm. Once I get hold of them next weekend ill have to a chrono check with them then.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

That’s really nice @rocketdogbert. Is your AFG mounted at a 45 degree angle? 

Noticed that too! :lol:

What's the reason RDB?

59 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

That’s really nice @rocketdogbert. Is your AFG mounted at a 45 degree angle? 

55 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Noticed that too! :lol:

What's the reason RDB?

Yes. I have a gas pedal mounted the same on the left as well. It was the only way I could get them really comfy.

Excuse my crummy post skirmish picture. But wow!

My G&G M4 crapped itself, jammed the gearbox twice I a row. I think the Mosfet has gone bad.

so I had to use the MWS, two mags for short skirmish games. Ran it on red and the performance was at perfect. The TNT hop has to be tweaked a little bit as it bedded in but the range and accuracy was brilliant for GBBR. And only have two mags made you really think before you shot. 

Cracking gun ❤️

45B2A812-FA05-4283-BE1C-7C829F24B889.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Jacket said:

Has anyone removed the rail and barrel from an MTR?

Yup. It’s a real b’stard. The Gas block is screwed on with thread locked screws, AND glued to the barrel. 

The rail mount is threadlocked to the barrel mount, and the barrel mount is thread locked to the upper receiver.

The barrel mount has an unusual two lug locator, I had to drift it off with a punch. I had to drift off the gas block with a punch as well

Good Luck !

Here’s a tip. The AW Mag is nowhere near a fit for the MWS.

I didn’t expect it to be, I bought it to modify for my vector, but just letting you know, it definitely isn’t.

I may modify it for the MWS though 😈

3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I didn’t expect it to be, I bought it to modify for my vector, but just letting you know, it definitely isn’t.

The drum mag? I was hoping I could mod a short mag to the top of one 

2 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

The drum mag? I was hoping I could mod a short mag to the top of one 

I can take and send a load of pictures if you like.

Essentially, the adapter needs some fairly serious modification to fit the top of an MWS mag into it, and to fit the adapter into the MWS magwell.

There doesn’t appear to be an easy way to bolt the short MWS mag to the AW Drum

• Supporters

Arrgh

I should stop looking at this thread, really want a TM MWS RIF now despite already owning a GHK M4 Mod1 which i really love too.

Hey guys new here. I have a type 89 not the m4 but I'm pretty sure they're the same internals. Very little info or help with mods on the 89. Great advice so far and gonna invest in the nub and and modify bucking but not a barrel as it was shooting 345- 348 fps last weekend on nuprol green. For those of you struggling with loading your mags I've found a loader which arrived today. 

I was sceptical at first but wow they go in like butter. Only loaded 3 mags so not sure on how long it'll last but will use it on a skirmish day and see how it holds up. 

It's called a hurricane storm loader by warmag and I got it off a place in Italy. 

So if I understand with changing the nub and bucking at 345 fps on 0.2, I should be able to hop 0.36's and get like 70m range?

15472354358423705758941884932198.jpg

On 10/01/2019 at 16:45, rocketdogbert said:

Hang on this drum mag you're saying won't fit the mws?

Screenshot_20190111-194748_Chrome.jpg

19 minutes ago, xB0SHx said:

Hey guys new here. I have a type 89 not the m4 but I'm pretty sure they're the same internals. Very little info or help with mods on the 89. Great advice so far and gonna invest in the nub and and modify bucking but not a barrel as it was shooting 345- 348 fps last weekend on nuprol green. For those of you struggling with loading your mags I've found a loader which arrived today. 

I was sceptical at first but wow they go in like butter. Only loaded 3 mags so not sure on how long it'll last but will use it on a skirmish day and see how it holds up. 

It's called a hurricane storm loader by warmag and I got it off a place in Italy. 

So if I understand with changing the nub and bucking at 345 fps on 0.2, I should be able to hop 0.36's and get like 70m range?

15472354358423705758941884932198.jpg

Hang on this drum mag you're saying won't fit the mws?

Screenshot_20190111-194748_Chrome.jpg

Nope, not even nearly.

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Nope, not even nearly.

Gutted. Was going to order one tomorrow. Is there another alternative? Or even a mid cap? Struggling with the 30 rounds mag at 42 quid a pop