THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

@tokyo-joe glad the thread has helped! I imagine grease will be fine for the bolt carrier group. Personally I use Wurth dry chain lube. It’s a dry ptfe spray that goes on wet and leaves a dry film of lube on the surface. Because it’s super thin, it gets in all of the gaps in the trigger group too. Thick stuff like grease may lubricate okay but could slow down the cycling of the action. Isn’t WD40 a degreaser rather than a lubricant? 

Even for a Gen 1 gun, that’s shooting pretty hot. I run mine on propane and get about 310 FPS. Has it got a tight bore barrel or a longer one? That’s usually the cause of high FPS

Providing you use the mws NPAS you’ll have no issues. Mine keeps its FPS just fine. The mws one is black instead of silver. 

Drop eagle6 a message. If anyone has a spring it will be them.

@Dentonboy personally I wouldn’t fit one because I’ve always thought of them as a gimmick. I could be wrong, but your bolt catch may become less reliable as you’re adding weight to the system. 

@Jacket I’ve not, but I’ve seen them with launchers. I can’t see a reason why you couldn’t fit one. 

@Cipher-032 .28 is about the max weight I could hop. It’s not because of the bucking, but rather the nub, which is hollow. I never run anything but propane (used it all day with great success!). I’ve had about 3 EoTechs and I found them all really dark. A shame because they look so cool.

crazy jet is a good shout. I have them in a couple of my gbbr’s. I’ve used the TNT T hop rubber and had good results. I think I have one in my TM mp7 gbb. I’d reccomend a SixG brass nub with any bucking. 

@Wo1f Yeah I agree. Ive looked it up and its so squishy. I used to have a plastic version I used for a while in my AUG. Made a world of difference.

Also im planning on running a similar bolt release lever. That Magpul is cheaper here in the UK than the Laylax one. Personally I dont see it causing to many issues. But guess time will tell.

Also. Im a noob when it comes to front rail kits on M4's. My G&G had a nice keymod already fitted. Can any one suggest to me a decent barrel adaptor and rail system what will work with the stock outer barrel?

And if I decide to go shorter outer barrel, where can I get one? Cant really find much.

35 minutes ago, tokyo-joe said:

Hi @Wo1f, WD40 is listed as a metal lubricant. I will order some of the product you recommended and give that a go though.

The barrel and hop is all standard, no changes.

Please, can you link the MWS NPAS you would recommend?

WD40 is a bit of a no no in airsoft guns. As it contains petroleum which rots certain rubbers and plastics. Keep it to every thing else. Thin silicone oil is best such as Abbey silicone gun oil 35. Been using it in all my GBB guns with no issues.

Added some spare furniture off my KC02 for now until I work out what style route I’m going. FAB defence real steel stock and grip kinda reminds me of the Spec ops load out for the Americans in Bf2 now 😁

Pulled out the crazy jet and swabbed. And found a spare SRS nub which should work perfectly with the TNT rubber. Just need to wait for my tooling to arrive. I just hope the barrel doesn’t bring the FPS up too drastically. 

192A980E-1B66-46D8-B65A-77EBAC0DD091.jpeg

214D1EAB-1184-424A-9B93-0557F8A1E797.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Cipher-032 said:

Added some spare furniture off my KC02 for now until I work out what style route I’m going. FAB defence real steel stock and grip kinda reminds me of the Spec ops load out for the Americans in Bf2 now 😁

Pulled out the crazy jet and swabbed. And found a spare SRS nub which should work perfectly with the TNT rubber. Just need to wait for my tooling to arrive. I just hope the barrel doesn’t bring the FPS up too drastically. 

192A980E-1B66-46D8-B65A-77EBAC0DD091.jpeg

214D1EAB-1184-424A-9B93-0557F8A1E797.jpeg

Very nice. How long is the crazy jet?

1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

Very nice. How long is the crazy jet?

Its 300mm with a 6.04mm inner bore. Im not sure what the standard size is... 270mm with a 6.07mm bore? Maybe? I know the Marui barrels are not always a tight bore.

2 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

Its 300mm with a 6.04mm inner bore. Im not sure what the standard size is... 270mm with a 6.07mm bore? Maybe? I know the Marui barrels are not always a tight bore.

250mm and I think 6.05. You’re gonna get an FPS boost. Maybe 30ish.. just a random guess

On 31/12/2018 at 12:33, tokyo-joe said:

Hi @Wo1f, WD40 is listed as a metal lubricant. I will order some of the product you recommended and give that a go though.

The barrel and hop is all standard, no changes.

Please, can you link the MWS NPAS you would recommend?

Think there only is one NPAS available (the RA-Tech one). Depending on what you want it can be good or bad. From what I noticed it is a bit unstable and you can't reach really high fps with it. On its upside you can dial it in downwards (for CQB etc).

From what I have managed to find out trying to reach high FPS in a non hot climate is that the only combo that would work to reach around 500 fps (.2 bbs) was the DP enhanced nozzle which I shortened to make the stroke longer and a stiffer spring for the valve from the DP Enhanced Nozzle Spring set. Note that the valve spring in the Gunsmodify 150% stiffer spring set is not actually stiffer at all but the same stiffness as the original TM valve spring, the rest of the springs in that pack seem to be stiffer though.

Using this combo with a Maple Leaf Crazy Yet 410 mm, Modify Brown Rubber and a copper roller nub I reach around 70 meters with 0.32 bbs with a slight overhop. Not sure how people reach 80-90 meters to be honest (if they actually do)

5 hours ago, Fissure said:

Think there only is one NPAS available (the RA-Tech one). Depending on what you want it can be good or bad. From what I noticed it is a bit unstable and you can't reach really high fps with it. On its upside you can dial it in downwards (for CQB etc).

From what I have managed to find out trying to reach high FPS in a non hot climate is that the only combo that would work to reach around 500 fps (.2 bbs) was the DP enhanced nozzle which I shortened to make the stroke longer and a stiffer spring for the valve from the DP Enhanced Nozzle Spring set. Note that the valve spring in the Gunsmodify 150% stiffer spring set is not actually stiffer at all but the same stiffness as the original TM valve spring, the rest of the springs in that pack seem to be stiffer though.

Using this combo with a Maple Leaf Crazy Yet 410 mm, Modify Brown Rubber and a copper roller nub I reach around 70 meters with 0.32 bbs with a slight overhop. Not sure how people reach 80-90 meters to be honest (if they actually do)

There is only one brand of NPAS, but there’s the silver WE version and the black MWS version. They both fit in the mws, but the black one holds its adjustment.

If you want more FPS, change the rocket valve for one with a larger opening. G&P have released 4 of varying sizes. You could also get a tighter bore barrel as the crazy jet isn’t really tight. .32 is maybe a bit light.. I run .36-.45 in my DMR to reach that range at 400 FPS. What is your actual FPS? If you’re running 500 FPS and can’t hit 80m then something is seriously wrong. 

4 hours ago, Wo1f said:

There is only one brand of NPAS, but there’s the silver WE version and the black MWS version. They both fit in the mws, but the black one holds its adjustment.

If you want more FPS, change the rocket valve for one with a larger opening. G&P have released 4 of varying sizes. You could also get a tighter bore barrel as the crazy jet isn’t really tight. .32 is maybe a bit light.. I run .36-.45 in my DMR to reach that range at 400 FPS. What is your actual FPS? If you’re running 500 FPS and can’t hit 80m then something is seriously wrong. 

The Fps is at our limits here in Sweden for a DMR/Semi build (2,51 Joule). Maybe something is wrong but I doubt it, the bb goes straight, the FPS is correct and the BB is hopped properly. Maybe heavier bbs will make a large difference then. Are you sure you are reaching 80 meters with 400 fps and a straight hop curve?

Will try out some 0.43s when the weather has calmed down, stormy now so no point in that currently.

Btw

Tried a bunch of different valves (original, RA-Npas, Firefly, DP, and two more I cannot remember the name of) but they are mostly bogus, what makes the FPS difference is how thick the cap of the valve is and how stiff the valve spring is. You can make the original produce higher fps than the aftermarket ones using a dremel. The new G&P valves to look pretty good though, they have a short top and the same shape as the original preventing the valve rotating.

@Fissure all range testing was done with a range finder. There’s videos of me hitting my brother almost every time at 75m. It’s a little frosty here too, but as soon as it warms up a touch, I’ll retest and see where I’m at, 9- hole reviews style. What bucking are you using? Are the BB’s not getting there at all, or just not accurately? 

To add.. brcaus of joule creep you won’t need 500 FPS to hit 2.51 joules. Just put heavy ammo in it

19 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

@Fissure all range testing was done with a range finder. There’s videos of me hitting my brother almost every time at 75m. It’s a little frosty here too, but as soon as it warms up a touch, I’ll retest and see where I’m at, 9- hole reviews style. What bucking are you using? Are the BB’s not getting there at all, or just not accurately? 

To add.. brcaus of joule creep you won’t need 500 FPS to hit 2.51 joules. Just put heavy ammo in it

They are reasonably accurate I would say but they are not reaching that mark for me but had to test it solo so really hard to see even with x6 magnification. If you lased the range I have no reason not to trust you, guess I will have to use a buddy as a target, might be easier.

Yeah I did notice some joule creep with 0.32s had to go down to weaker gas to no overshoot. 

Currently trying out this hob rubber http://www.jbbguns.se/aeg-tillbehor/precisionspipor-och-hop-up/vsr-10-hop-up-gummi.html  

Sorry about the Swedish, think I read somewhere that this rubber was really good, don't remember where though.

Also have some other rubbers

Maple leaf Decepticon and Autobot 70 and 80 degree if i remember correctly

Firefly rubber

APS rubber for the APS-X barrel

It is hard to see a 6mm BB at that range. That’s why I either used my brother as a test dummy or a something metal that I could hear when I hit it. I’m going to make a thin steel target at some point and spend the day getting my guns dialled in. 

That’s the modify Tan bucking that I use. I really like it. Maple leaf 60 is also good, but mine kept getting chewed up. You 

9 minutes ago, Jacket said:

Just ordered MWS number 3, I really must not sell this one (said that about number 2)

Excellent, what are you going to do with it?

9 minutes ago, Jacket said:

Just ordered MWS number 3, I really must not sell this one (said that about number 2)

On 09/12/2018 at 01:08, Bolton.Zippy said:

Absolutely love this gun played first game at level 2 last week. Put new dress on for this Saturday..great tread thanks everyone 

15465395701368914911227234065448.jpg

1 hour ago, Bolton.Zippy said:

27th evening session wolf. Back tomoz kit sorted ready to roll

You there tomoz m8

I was there 27th evening game. Me and a couple mates were on the benches on the other side of the safe zone part the desk/ shop. 

Sadly not.. played about 4 games over Christmas so the MRS has banned me until Dagger woods😂

21 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I was there 27th evening game. Me and a couple mates were on the benches on the other side of the safe zone part the desk/ shop. 

Sadly not.. played about 4 games over Christmas so the MRS has banned me until Dagger woods😂

Would of been nice say hello if I'd have known😲..was on no tape team.. Will miss dagger woods in febuary because of work🤬 but will get 2 weekends in March there🤗.. let me no if you go be nice see your dmr in person 😁

22 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Eventually a madbul Troy TRX front rail, Houge pistol grip and different stock. Internally just barrel and hop upgrades

14 minutes ago, Jacket said:

Eventually a madbul Troy TRX front rail, Houge pistol grip and different stock. Internally just barrel and hop upgrades

Nice, 

1 hour ago, Bolton.Zippy said:

Would of been nice say hello if I'd have known😲..was on no tape team.. Will miss dagger woods in febuary because of work🤬 but will get 2 weekends in March there🤗.. let me no if you go be nice see your dmr in person 😁

We were even team mates! 😂 Only unique thing about my loadout is I had a HALO lower face mask on (because who needs to breath). I’m dying for some woodland games to stretch the DMR’s legs. DMR is my favoured role. 

🤣 can't believe it wolf we didn't even no 🤣 let you no next time I needed someone run with go on my own most days.. Iv not played outdoors for over a year 😲 never played dmr role but like the idea 👍9th and 16th of March outdoors m8.. hopefully c u there